Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why does T20 only have 9 bosses?

Raid tiers in the last 5 years have had an average of 15 raid bosses per tier. However the latest tier, T20, is 40% below average, with only 9 raid bosses.

T20 - 9 bosses
    T19 - 20 bosses
    T18 - 13 bosses
    T17 - 17 bosses
    T16 - 14 bosses
    T15 - 12 bosses
    T14 - 16 bosses

And this trend seems to be continuing with T21 which is only offering a pitiful 11 raid bosses. Which should be very alarming for any raider out there.

What is the reason for the sudden reduction in raid content? What is Blizzard planning to do to rectify this situation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Raid tiers in the last 5 years have had an average of 15 raid bosses per tier. However the latest tier, T20, is 40% below average, with only 9 raid bosses.

T20 - 9 bosses
    T19 - 20 bosses
    T18 - 13 bosses
    T17 - 17 bosses
    T16 - 14 bosses
    T15 - 12 bosses
    T14 - 16 bosses

And this trend seems to be continuing with T21 which is only offering a pitiful 11 raid bosses. Which should be very alarming for any raider out there.

What is the reason for the sudden reduction in raid content? What is Blizzard planning to do to rectify this situation?
    Because they were really lazy

Maybe you should also complain T19 had too many ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted
    wat ?

ToS - 9 bosses (t-20)
    Nighthold - 10 bosses (t-19)
    ToV - 3 bosses (t-18.6... kinda)
    Emerald Nightmare - 7 bosses (t-18.5)
    HFC - 13 bosses - (t-18)
    BRF - 10 bosses - (t-17)
    Highmaul - 7 bosses (t-16.5)
    SOO - 14 bosses - (t-16)
    ToT - 12(13) bosses - (t-15)
    HoF, ToES - 10 bosses - (t-14)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - 6 bosses - (t-13.5)

I'd rather they NOT crap out poorly designed, poorly tuned filler raids like Trial of Valor just to up boss count, TYVM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted

T20 - 9 bosses
    T19 - 20 bosses
    T18 - 13 bosses
    T17 - 17 bosses
    T16 - 14 bosses
    T15 - 12 bosses
    T14 - 16 bosses

Raid tiers is a player made concept. Ion talked about this some time ago. TOS is just a raid, like emerald nightmare, only it has tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    wat ?

ToS - 9 bosses (t-20)
    ToV - 3 bosses (t-18.6... kinda)
    Emerald Nightmare - 7 bosses (t-18.5)
    HFC - 13 bosses - (t-18)
    BRF - 10 bosses - (t-17)
    Highmaul - 7 bosses (t-16.5)
    SOO - 14 bosses - (t-16)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - 6 bosses - (t-13.5)
    wat ?

ToS - 9 bosses (t-20)
    ToV - 3 bosses (t-19)
    Emerald Nightmare - 7 bosses (t-19)
    HFC - 13 bosses - (t-18)
    BRF - 10 bosses - (t-17)
    Highmaul - 7 bosses (t-17)
    SOO - 14 bosses - (t-16)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - 6 bosses - (t-4)

Deleted

T20 - 9 bosses
    T19 - 20 bosses
    T18 - 13 bosses
    T17 - 17 bosses
    T16 - 14 bosses
    T15 - 12 bosses
    T14 - 16 bosses

20 bosses ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Because they were really lazy
    You need to try harder. Your bitterness is showing

Quote Originally Posted by M2t View Post
    20 bosses ?
    It's because they're counting EN (7 bosses), NH (10 bosses) and TOV (3 bosses) as all the same tier. Item levels put a lie to this, but that doesn't fit the narrative being presented.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You need to try harder. Your bitterness is showing
    The dude is like the stalking ex girlfriend/boyfriend that end committing suicide, i see him in every qq about wow threat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    wat ?

ToS - 9 bosses (t-20)
    ToV - 3 bosses (t-19)
    Emerald Nightmare - 7 bosses (t-19)
    HFC - 13 bosses - (t-18)
    BRF - 10 bosses - (t-17)
    Highmaul - 7 bosses (t-17)
    SOO - 14 bosses - (t-16)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - 6 bosses - (t-4)
    since when ToV, EN, Highmaul and Mogu'shan drop tier pieces ??? Enlighten me please.

They were introductionary raids, NOT tier raids

Really?

How do you know we won't get more bosses in T20 in another patch?
    You don't.

Even if it will only be 9. I'm pretty happy there's more world content instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    It's because they're counting EN (7 bosses), NH (10 bosses) and TOV (3 bosses) as all the same tier. Item levels put a lie to this, but that doesn't fit the narrative being presented.
    Itemlevels don't make a new tier. They recently started delaying the raids in the first raid tier of the expansion. Of course they are giving them higher itemlevels then cause anything else would be stupid. It's still one tier, just split up. Else Emerald Nightmare would be a pretty pathetic raid tier. Just like Highmaul in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Really?

How do you know we won't get more bosses in T20 in another patch?
    You don't.

Even if it will only be 9. I'm pretty happy there's more world content instead.
    Uhm... Tier 20 is over. Tier 21 is Antorus. Pay attention.

I think 9 is fine, anything around 10 is fine tbh. You can't compare tier 19 and tier 20 in my opinion cause t19 is 3 different raids.
    We are still not done with mythic, only 48 guilds killed the last boss.
    The last time we had post launch dungeons was Cata where FL and DS had respectively 7 and 8 bosses. I think thats one of the reason we have fewer bosses now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Uhm... Tier 20 is over. Tier 21 is Antorus. Pay attention.
    You're right, my opinion is still the same. IDGAF as long as there is other good content.
    (quests, reps, stories, grinds)
    I should really move back to an RP server so I can add RP to the list.

T12 had 7 bosses and T13 had 8 bosses. So what's your point? Yes cata was 2011 mainly but the amount of bosses to an instance is dependant on the lore of the raid we are attacking. No point in putting in a bugger load of bosses "because quantity matters"..... I'd rather have quality bosses that represent the LORE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    I think 9 is fine, anything around 10 is fine tbh. You can't compare tier 19 and tier 20 in my opinion cause t19 is 3 different raids.
    3 smaller raids that all make up one tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    T12 had 7 bosses and T13 had 8 bosses. So what's your point?
    They are also considered the shittiest tiers we ever had. Is that what Tomb of Sargeras was striving for?

Raids shouldn't be rated based on the number of bosses but the quality of each fight. ToS problem is the overall bad and repetitive design of mechanics like soaking on every fight. For example, Firelands had 7 bosses only and is considered one of the best raids because each fight was unique and different from the others.