Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry A McDonald’s employee gave birth at work and then tried to kill the baby

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...utors-say.html

LOS ANGELES—A McDonald’s cashier is facing an attempted murder charge after giving birth to a girl while at work and then trying to flush the newborn down a toilet inside the Redwood City, Calif., restaurant, prosecutors said.

Sarah Lockner was working as a cashier at the McDonald’s restaurant on the evening of Sept. 4 when she complained of stomach pain, according to the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office.

During her night shift, prosecutors said, the 25-year-old Redwood City woman visited the restaurant’s bathroom multiple times, to the concern of a co-worker.

When the co-worker entered the bathroom to check on Lockner, prosecutors said, there was blood on the floor.

Lockner tried to dismiss the bloody mess and blamed it on a heavy period, prosecutors said.

But Lockner’s behaviour had drawn the attention of a second co-worker, who also decided to check on her.

The second employee walked into the bathroom, peered over Lockner’s stall and “saw a newborn baby face down in toilet bowl,” prosecutors said.

Lockner had her hand on the baby’s back, according to the district attorney’s office. The employee then heard the toilet flush.

Lockner pleaded with her co-worker, asking her not to call police, prosecutors said.

Police arrived later to find the baby in Lockner’s arms, San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday.

The baby had no pulse and was not breathing, so officers performed CPR and rushed the infant to Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital in Palo Alto, he said.

The infant is alive and in stable condition, but the extent of the baby’s brain injuries was not known, Wagstaffe said.

Lockner claimed she didn’t know she was pregnant, prosecutors said.

She has been charged with felony child abuse and inflicting great bodily injury, along with the attempted murder charge, prosecutors said.

Lockner is scheduled to be arraigned in San Mateo County court on Sept. 18. She is being held on $11 million (U.S.) bail.
    How utterly despicable!
    What kind of person does this?

Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know? Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!

Severe brain damage likely....who knows what life awaits this poor baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well its not the worst thing that could end up in the burger.

Something tells me an MMOChampion troll might not be the best person in the world to judge what happened to someone during what is obviously an intense mental crisis in their life.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-09-14 at 12:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Something tells me an MMOChampion troll might not be the best person in the world to judge what happened to someone during what is obviously an intense mental crisis in their life.

Just to clarify. You are trying to justify her actions of giving birth in the bathroom stall, drowning the baby and trying to flush it down the toilet?
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What do you expect...his life is all about finding any dirty post he can about the USA then post it here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Just to clarify. You are trying to justify her actions of giving birth in the bathroom stall, drowning the baby and trying to flush it down the toilet?
    Not at all, but are you trying to deny he does anything buy troll this forum daily with his America bashing or Canada is the greatest land ever no matter what BS?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-09-14 at 12:32 AM.

How can you not know you're pregnant. Worst excuse ever.

I'd guess that there are some mental health issues involved for certain. Are we supposed to collectively crucify the crazy person?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Sounds like it.

There is no context, circumstance, or condition that makes this even remotely possible to understand. No mental crisis, difficult time, stress or trauma can justify attempting to drown and/or strangle a newborn baby. Let alone your own child.

That the poor thing is still alive is nothing more than a miracle, and I'm hoping she wont end up with the very likely brain damage that something like that would induce on a newborn.

As for the OP's question of "what kind of person does this?". the answer is: none. No person does this. She's not a human being. She's a rat that happens to look like a human, and I dearly hope they put her away for life and personally sterilize her so she can never have kids again.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How utterly despicable!
    Someone who really should've used a condom.

Hell, sounds like her parents should have used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Condoms can break.

I mean shit fam if I didn't know I was pregnant and had a fucking baby in the middle of work, I would probably panic a little too. I'm not saying this shit is okay to somebody who can think about things rationally but just imagine yourself in this situation (and assume you're dumb enough not to know you're pregnant). You're probably already worried about your weird stomach pain. Now a fucking baby pops out of you and starts crying and you have to come to terms with the fact that you have a fucking baby. You didn't have 6+ months of planning. This shit just... happened. She was probably freaking out and had no fucking clue what to do.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd guess that there are some mental health issues involved for certain. Are we supposed to collectively crucify the crazy person?
    Postpartum Psychosis is a thing. Means you go really fucking nuts after having given birth. Though not right after. Having birth is no small thing, physically and mentally. To do it alone, in a bathroom stall at McDonalds as you're trying to hide it... it's horrendously tragic. I can't remotely fathom what kind thoughts could lead someone to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Sounds like it.

There is no context, circumstance, or condition that makes this even remotely possible to understand. No mental crisis, difficult time, stress or trauma can justify attempting to drown and/or strangle a newborn baby. Let alone your own child.

That the poor thing is still alive is nothing more than a miracle, and I'm hoping she wont end up with the very likely brain damage that something like that would induce on a newborn.

As for the OP's question of "what kind of person does this?". the answer is: none. No person does this. She's not a human being. She's a rat that happens to look like a human, and I dearly hope they put her away for life and personally sterilize her so she can never have kids again.
    Calm down fam. You've obviously never had a severe panic attack before. You think that shit makes you think rationally? I've watched people beg me to help them claw off their skin before because of their panic attacks. Like crying because I wouldn't help them because they legitimately felt like they were going to die if their skin stayed on their body- that their skin was actually causing their panic and their extreme emotional state for some reason. That shit is NOT rational and I'm fairly sure that somebody could easily fall into a state like this if they didn't even know they were pregnant. This is not the way to handle it obviously, but when you're freaking the fuck out you don't think. It sounds like a good idea at the time I'm sure.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

Condoms can break, they aren't infallible. Babies can happen when you don't want to, believe it or not.
    That's why there's abortion, but I imagine that choice might not have been given to this woman. Instead, this happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...utors-say.html

How utterly despicable!
    Someone not prepared and doesn't want to be a mother.

Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know?
    Ok She did know or she wasn't smart enough to understand and figure out, she did know she was pregnant and didn't want it so she killed it at McDonald's, because she couldn't come up with the better option.

Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!
    Probably not if she is working at McDonalds if she did, and just because she took biology class doesn't mean she wants or is ready to be a mother.

Severe brain damage likely....who knows what life awaits this poor baby.
    Yes, it is very sad, this woman got pregnant in the first place, intelligent enough to think of any better options, np education was around effective enough to make her feel like their were easier options than committing murder in a McDonalds...and be then charged with murder...relieving her of burden of working at McDonald's with her basic failed understanding of biology.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-13 at 10:19 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Postpartum Psychosis is a thing. Means you go really fucking nuts after having given birth. Though not right after. Having birth is no small thing, physically and mentally. To do it alone, in a bathroom stall at McDonalds as you're trying to hide it... it's horrendously tragic. I can't remotely fathom what kind thoughts could lead someone to do something like this.
    Yeah this exactly. Imagine not knowing you're pregnant and then all of that happens. A baby just comes out of you when you're worrying about potentially having some bad stomach problems. And then you have to deal with all of the emotions you feel when you first learn you're pregnant and she obviously wasn't trying to get pregnant so it was a rush of extremely negative emotions all at once. You don't have time to think. She probably went into a panic attack and lost her mind.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah this exactly. Imagine not knowing you're pregnant and then all of that happens. A baby just comes out of you when you're worrying about potentially having some bad stomach problems. And then you have to deal with all of the emotions you feel when you first learn you're pregnant and she obviously wasn't trying to get pregnant so it was a rush of extremely negative emotions all at once. You don't have time to think. She probably went into a panic attack and lost her mind.
    YOu think you don't know you're pregnant and then it suddenly just pops out? You know you're pregnant, eventually.

But yes, I think there were a ton of emotions in her head, she was not in her right mind and did something desperate and horrendous. But yeah to give birth on your own in a bathroom stall at McDonalds screams desperation and fear. The circuimstances surrounding this must've been really bad. I'm not excusing what she did. Only trying to explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hormones go all crazy during birth if i remember correct which can drive a person to do anything.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I hope she rots in prison. Also hope the child dies.

It's also not impossible the person in question already had a certain level of psychosis for any assortment of reasons along with poor education. Combine that with the pain of child birth and I imagine it would make for a terrible mix.

Before I am verbally murdered, I do not condone drowning babies in toilet stalls, I just am not a fan of jumping to conclusions whenever we hear about someone doing something horrible.