Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry windows 10 automatically minimizing games in fullscreen mode

i am having an irritating problem with my windows 10

i brought an rx 550 back 1 month later, then installed it, the boot of windows 10 started to be long (2 minutes to actually load win 10) then i formated pc and that problem is gone.. now i got other problem

windows 10 keep minimizing my games, actually i just play wow and csgo

world of warcraft in fullscreen (windowed) and counter-strike: global offensice in fullscreen

on wow, the first time it does minimize i see that blizzard app just stop responding (it went to white screen white classic windows bar) then i close it, but it wont solve the problem, wow will keep minimizing automatically, last night it did 3x in 10 minutes

csgo also minimizes, but not as much as wow (like every 15-30 minutes)

i tried a lot of things, renaming ipconfig.exe to ipconffig2.exe (on system32 and syswow64 folder), installing shutup 10 and disabling a lot of things, put notifications on quiet mode, disabling ndu bu still happens..

any ideia to solve it??

edit:

this is blizz app, as u can see, he dont show up anymore, tried to printscreen it while up, but it took in game ss and not the actual blizz app window
    Last edited by Unforgivenn; 2017-09-01 at 07:07 PM.

Try doing the "Reset My Pc" option and choosing keep my files. This should put your system files back into a good state.

Messing with system files is never a great idea if you're just shooting around in the dark. You can also try sfc /scannow in a command prompt with elevated privileges.

EDIT -
    Its also possible you have another application forcibly minimizing your fullscreen games.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...reen_programs/

Either way, I'd still reset the PC as you've already messed with things you don't seem to know much about.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-09-01 at 07:11 PM.

Just happened on csgo...

Minimized, then the screen went black and on monitor said ita going to turn off for energy saving, like the pc were off..

Had to restart pc with the restart button on my case.

Went back and everything is fine so far :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Try doing the "Reset My Pc" option and choosing keep my files. This should put your system files back into a good state.

Messing with system files is never a great idea if you're just shooting around in the dark. You can also try sfc /scannow in a command prompt with elevated privileges.

EDIT -
    Its also possible you have another application forcibly minimizing your fullscreen games.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrac...reen_programs/

Either way, I'd still reset the PC as you've already messed with things you don't seem to know much about.
    He did this when he reformatted. Except he wiped the whole OS.

OP
    What video card did you have before, and did you install all of your drivers or let Microsoft do it?

Installed all my driver

My old card was a radeon hd5770 1gb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Installed all my driver

My old card was a radeon hd5770 1gb

Sounds like a GPU issue, did you download drivers manually from AMD site? Do you have program to monitor GPU temperature?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Sounds like a GPU issue, did you download drivers manually from AMD site? Do you have program to monitor GPU temperature?
    using the latest driver from amd site..

played 2 hours csgo today without any minizing problems.. have to check wow

temp right now is at 41c

- - - Updated - - -

happened csgo/wow now, and got this message (system)

O driver de vídeo amdkmdap parou de responder e se recuperou com êxito.

translation: the video driver amdkmdap stopped responding and succesfully recovered.

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Display
    - EventID 4101
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 3
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-09-05T04:48:49.184793300Z
    EventRecordID 6523
    Channel System
    Computer DESKTOP-JHVRIPP
    Security
    - EventData
    amdkmdap

Deleted
    I used to have that happen too (win7-RX480). I used AMDs clean utility, followed by manually deleting the "C:\AMD" folder, then doing Ccleaner on files & registry (just in case).

Reboot, install latest, reboot again & it worked fine for me.

The only game that still does this is Elite Dangerous, rest work as they're meant to.

10+ Year Old Account
    using the latest driver from amd site..

played 2 hours csgo today without any minizing problems.. have to check wow

temp right now is at 41c

- - - Updated - - -

happened csgo/wow now, and got this message (system)

O driver de vídeo amdkmdap parou de responder e se recuperou com êxito.

translation: the video driver amdkmdap stopped responding and succesfully recovered.

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Display
    - EventID 4101
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 3
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2017-09-05T04:48:49.184793300Z
    EventRecordID 6523
    Channel System
    Computer DESKTOP-JHVRIPP
    Security
    - EventData
    amdkmdap
    latest is not always the greatest, try using older one

15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of cpu and motherboard are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    What kind of cpu and motherboard are you using?
    cpu = intel core 2 quad q8400 2.66ghz

mobo = p5g41t -m lx2/br

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    latest is not always the greatest, try using older one
    I already used 17.7.2, 17.8.1 and now 17.8.2 and all of then i have this problem.

Going to try with ghe guy said here, will test it later (ill also unplug and plug my card again)

10+ Year Old Account
    I already used 17.7.2, 17.8.1 and now 17.8.2 and all of then i have this problem.

Going to try with ghe guy said here, will test it later (ill also unplug and plug my card again)

That's not actually that much older, any rate, try running GPU test see if temp spikes and/or drivers crash

http://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/

I had familiar issue then I wiped whole OS and reinstalled back Windows 7.
    I can't stand with 10. Annoying...
    Last edited by Vagabond; 2017-09-06 at 12:53 PM.

Definitely sounds like a driver/gpu issue. Sounds like you've already tried cleaning and reinstalling drivers of various versions. I would also reseat the gpu and blow out the pci-e slot/try another slot if available.

You can also give http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html a shot. It takes quite a while to go through all the steps but it can fix a number of quirks/annoyances.

Deleted
    That is annoying. I have a power reset issues if my screensaver starts it changes power profile...

Windows...

Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    Definitely sounds like a driver/gpu issue. Sounds like you've already tried cleaning and reinstalling drivers of various versions. I would also reseat the gpu and blow out the pci-e slot/try another slot if available.

You can also give http://www.tweaking.com/content/page...ll_in_one.html a shot. It takes quite a while to go through all the steps but it can fix a number of quirks/annoyances.
    ya, but before format it was working just fine, just the loading of windows 10 were slow, that was the reason i formated it.. now i got that error... ill try now uninstalling with amd remove tool ( i was using ddu), and deleting temp folder and amd folder just to make sure it wont using old files etc

Last time I had this exact issue(driver stopped responding and recovered) I just replaced my whole PC. It was due anyway and I was pretty sure it was my GPU starting to fail. I had tried multiple re-installs with different drivers each time and things. Problem never went away. I did notice that my GPU temps were high at this time as well. I possible could have undervolted the GPU and made it work, as happens sometimes with AMD GPUs, but it was time for a new build anyway.

That does make me think though, perhaps you could undervolt the GPU and make it last a little longer, but it sounds like it could be dying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Last time I had this exact issue(driver stopped responding and recovered) I just replaced my whole PC. It was due anyway and I was pretty sure it was my GPU starting to fail. I had tried multiple re-installs with different drivers each time and things. Problem never went away. I did notice that my GPU temps were high at this time as well. I possible could have undervolted the GPU and made it work, as happens sometimes with AMD GPUs, but it was time for a new build anyway.

That does make me think though, perhaps you could undervolt the GPU and make it last a little longer, but it sounds like it could be dying to me.
    the videocard is 1 month old, still on warranty lol

like i said, didnt had that problem before i formated the pc, this problem started after a whole format

the videocard is 1 month old, still on warranty lol

like i said, didnt had that problem before i formated the pc, this problem started after a whole format
    Well, if you've tried multiple drivers, and are still getting the driver stopped responding, it's fairly likely that the driver is not responding to the OS because the GPU itself is not responding to the driver. In other words, faulty card. Since it's still under warranty, even better. Call the manufacturer and have them helkp you troubleshoot or replace the card.

I know it seems like it's the fault of the formatting because that is when the trouble started, but it sounds to me like a coincidence. The card is faulty and was going to fail, it just happened to fail right around the same time you formatted. If changing drivers and having tried multiple different drivers is still giving you the same issue, perhaps it is a driver issue still, but I would think thousands of others would be having the same exact problem if ALL the different drivers have the same exact problem. It's not very likely to be a driver issue. With a fresh install of Windows after a format it is also highly unlikely it is any other software related issue at all. That leaves Hardware issue. Since it's under warranty, I think your best bet is just to call the manufacturer of the part that is having the problem.

Also, just google "Undervolting Polaris." It's a very common thing. Since the RX 500 series is basically a rebrand of the RX 400 series, they took the same silicon, added more volts and more clock and released it as something different. Not all of the silicon can handle the extra volts and clocks, so undervolting Polaris chips actually had the effect of increasing performance and making cards that were otherwise dead work just fine. So you could undervolt it and see if it works and perhaps have more performance even. For a power/super user, this is no big deal, but I can understand how to the average user this is too much. Since this is not something an average user should have to deal with, I recommend an RMA due to a faulty card.