Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Do you Like your Country?

Do you like your country?

What do you like most about your country? It could be the food, the music, the women, the weather, the scenic views, anything.

For me, I like a good ole' fashioned American Cheeseburger. Can't go wrong there. Also the women are pretty damn fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

What do you like most about your country? It could be the food, the music, the women, the weather, the scenic views, anything.

For me, I like a good ole' fashioned American Cheeseburger. Can't go wrong there. Also the women are pretty damn fine here.
    I love it, despite the fucktards who keep shitting all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about my country is that I didn't pick it and it isn't really my country. I own my house my vehicles not a bank. So I dig that a lot. I like the idea of people more than the actual people, unless they are my few select friends. So the thing I like best is freedom or as close to a thing as that can be in a real meaningful way.

Food is good love hockey and the pursuit of the ultimate slice of pizza. Which I've found but always open minded about.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I like parts of it

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The thing about my country is that I didn't pick it and it isn't really my country. I own my house my vehicles not a bank. So I dig that a lot. I like the idea of people more than the actual people, unless they are my few select friends. So the thing I like best is freedom or as close to a thing as that can be in a real meaningful way.

Food is good love hockey and the pursuit of the ultimate slice of pizza. Which I've found but always open minded about.
    I love my country as well.

You make an interesting point - the genetic lottery all of us here won in being born where we were. First world country, access to food/housing/healthcare/etc. I had a long conversation with some people awhile ago about that concept - and how inherently lucky we are to be born in our country (whichever one that might be).

I like what my country was, and what it ought to be.

What it is now is a pale imitation, and I'm not super thrilled about it.

I want to make it better for my children, so they can grow up and be proud of their country, like I was as a child.

I like my country by and large.

Every time I want to really hate on it, I look around the world, shrug, and think, "They all kind of suck in their own right."

Plus with this one I can get a bit of everything. It's the reason I'm not interested in visiting Europe. It'll take me forever just to visit all the places here and they vary wildly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I love my country as well.

You make an interesting point - the genetic lottery all of us here won in being born where we were. First world country, access to food/housing/healthcare/etc. I had a long conversation with some people awhile ago about that concept - and how inherently lucky we are to be born in our country (whichever one that might be).
    Exactly I feel critical but extremely grateful to a point I'd like the rest of the world to realize where they are the same if they choose it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep. There's nowhere else I'd rather live.

I like my apartment and the neighborhood. I like the luxuries I can enjoy that many others don't have access to. My job isn't a dream job, but I'm content with it. Outside of this, I can't comment on the rest of the country.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Living in Ireland, the Government's bloody useless but the people here are generally good. Love living in the countryside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Australia is a nice country. Only thing I would change is its severely outdated political system.

Though some times I wish I lived in a different time zone. So don't have rediculous sleeping hours for certain events that happen overseas. XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Like my country? I love my country.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    hmm hmm, somedays not so much as a like. under the right circumstances i would leave.

10+ Year Old Account

I love my country!

Canada is so amazing.

Sigh...I feel so glad just to live here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Wow, nice on the owning the house and vehicles. Like you own them outright? No mortgage? How did you pull that off? If you don't mind me asking, are you in your older years, as most people in their 20s-50s are subject to mortgages unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Living in Ireland, the Government's bloody useless but the people here are generally good. Love living in the countryside.
    Can i come visit? I hear the Ireland countryside is beautiful to behold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I love my country!

Canada is so amazing.

Sigh...I feel so glad just to live here.
    I actually visited Victoria not too long ago. I liked it quite a bit. My wife and I went bike riding there when we were stopped for a port of call.

10+ Year Old Account

USA - I could take it or leave it.

The thing I like the most is how much variety there is in scenery and culture. It really is the melting pot of the world.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Considering that I completely voluntarily chose to move to and live in Sweden - yes, of course I love it here. The country itself is super pretty and the people are overall amazing. Plus, I always wanted to live directly at the sea - which my old home country, Austria, sadly just didn't offer.
    Sure, not everything is perfect - but there is no place where this is the case.

as most people in their 20s-50s are subject to mortgages unfortunately
    I am really glad and thankful that I could buy my place here without having to take up a mortgage. Takes away probably one of the biggest worries in most people's lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Considering that I completely voluntarily chose to move to and live in Sweden - yes, of course I love it here. The country itself is super pretty and the people are overall amazing.
    Sure, not everything is perfect - but there is no place where this is the case.

I am really glad that I could buy my place here without having to take up a mortgage. Takes away probably one of the biggest worries in most people's lives.
    That usually takes a pretty hefty sum of money to do. Here in the US, 200k US dollars gets you maybe 1200-1600 sqft (111 - 148 sqm for you metric folks) if you are lucky. And that is in suburban places that arent in major markets like LA, San Diego, NY or other expensive places to live.

What's not to like? (that's President Reagan on the raptor)
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-09-12 at 06:10 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland