Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Army of the Light

The current iteration of it doesn't really make sense to me.
    I used to have an impression that the Army was a coalition of survivors from numerous worlds conquered by the Legion, but as it turned out it solely consists of Light-infused draenei. Where did these draenei even come from? According to the description of the in-game faction, they are the "draenei's finest warriors who followed Xe'ra across the cosmos". Does this mean Velen's group was not the only one rescued by the Naaru? And if so, why was one group chosen to form the Army while the other was on the run for thousands of years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The question isn't where did draenei come from. Its "where did the rest of survivors go ?"

Mark my words, Army of light is yet to go full bloodborne on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The question isn't where did draenei come from. Its "where did the rest of survivors go ?"

Mark my words, Army of light is yet to go full bloodborne on us.
    "So yeah, you know all this naaru crystal tech? Turns out its powered by souls too. But we're the good guys, so it's okay."

A less sinister version might be that the rest of the Army of the Light hasn't been fully represented in-game in all its diversity because Blizzard didn't have the resources to develop umpteen new races to join in.

Lorewise, perhaps other divisions are fighting the Legion across the cosmos, and the draenei/human elements are on Argus because that's the original draenei homeworld and who would be better suited to tackling the Legion presence there than the natives?

Deleted
    last i heard naaru power the light ships, and presumably tech, directly. or at least greatly amplify it. remmeber light/void isn't the same as fel magic, so it doesn't require life/souls as fuel (as far as we know)

but for the army of light races, i'm gonna guess that's part a financial decision to not have to make a lot of new models, and a lore convenience reason to not have to explain the background of said new models/races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its kind of wierd, that the Army of Light is actually not an army. They are a rather small group of people after all and i really thought they would be a force to match the broken legion after our victory against Kiljeaden.

They really are just a disappointment and seem much weaker then they should be.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its kind of wierd, that the Army of Light is actually not an army. They are a rather small group of people after all and i really thought they would be a force to match the broken legion after our victory against Kiljeaden.

That's my thought on it. It was so built up to be an epic showdown of many races, horde, alliance, dragons, other races, but they seemed to have scrapped that.

Probably to much work for the blizzard interns to add that many characters
    #boycottchina

Cheaper to make them just Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Cheaper to make them just Draenei.
    Well I think they blew their budget on making suramar city look pretty they had no more cost for writers
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I agree. I've thought that an army would mean.. an army and not a bunch of people trying to survive on Argus. Weren't they supposed to be fighting Legion across whole universe? Unless that is yet to happen under Anduin's and Velen's leadership. Still, I feel dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I agree. I've thought that an army would mean.. an army and not a bunch of people trying to survive on Argus. Weren't they supposed to be fighting Legion across whole universe? Unless that is yet to happen under Anduin's and Velen's leadership. Still, I feel dissapointed.
    They were already getting defeated by the time we received Xe'ra's core on Azeroth. I guess that the Army of the Light we are seeing is just what's left after their last battle against the Legion. The massive army that Velen saw in his vision either won't happen (as Velen's future visions are just possible futures), or will happen much later during the war against the Void Lords.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-08-31 at 11:03 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hoped to see light-based Ethereals, among other things. Hoped for seeing Aldrachi as well, but I guess, nope. At least not now. Maybe if AotL is a thing when we go for void lords, they will add more...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I hoped to see light-based Ethereals, among other things. Hoped for seeing Aldrachi as well, but I guess, nope. At least not now. Maybe if AotL is a thing when we go for void lords, they will add more...
    New player races for 8.0 confirmed.

Light Ethereals for Alliance, Void Ethereals for Horde.

I must say the the Light-infused Draenei as well as Lothraxion look just as scary as Fel-oozing demons, who would do that to their body? Or rather, who would let someone else do this to you and be fine, even grateful for it? #IllidanWasRight
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I must say the the Light-infused Draenei as well as Lothraxion look just as scary as Fel-oozing demons, who would do that to their body? Or rather, who would let someone else do this to you and be fine, even grateful for it? #IllidanWasRight
    illidan let himself become a half demon and his breath probably smells like shit now, its only acceptable irony for him because he's a massive douche about it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And people say Light doesn't corrupt you.

Every school of magic in Warcraft corrupts you. Light was the last one to not been shown it's corrupting effects, but the Lightforged and Lothraxion are pretty clear evidence

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, isn't Xenedar just one ship, even if flagship? They could not fit too much on it...

Deleted
    I'm assuming their there just blizzard doesn't want to make hundreds of new model for the myriad of unknown races plausibly in the army. Thing is theres not that many races that could be in the army that use models in game. Most in game races are from Outland or Azeroth. Both worlds the Legion never had 100% control of (Outland had pockets of resistance throughout Legion and illadari occupation) so would unliekly to have drafted surviving natives of those worlds in large numbers. that leaves what the Dreani and Ethereals? And the Army of Light doesn't seem like the Ethereals gig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Also, isn't Xenedar just one ship, even if flagship? They could not fit too much on it...
    Even if they filled that ship to the brim, the army would only max around a hundred people or so..... I finally understand why this army have had very little succes with their fighting against the Legion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

From what I can remember, the army got their asses kicked and they sent Light's heart to ask for help as their "final plea"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    From what I can remember, the army got their asses kicked and they sent Light's heart to ask for help as their "final plea"
    Then the faction of the Army of Light is pretty wasted then. They showed us them too late, long after they lost their importance and potential. Now they are but a small band of warriors no stronger then a band of slaves on argus.

I had expected so much more. I had expected the final showdown to be between 2 armies, the Legion and the Army of Light, where the champions would be the factor to make the Army of Light win. I like that many of the Army of Light are named awesome characters, but i still think they should have comed in full force to argus to actually wage a real final war.