Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait, it was this Trump tweet:

Now class, what's wrong with this tweet?

I'll give you 3 1/2 guesses.
    I'm just going to point out that Sarah Sanders joined Trumps Campaign in 2016, so technically she has been with him for about 3 1/2 years now. Even if it wasn't entirely in the White House.

I would say good riddance, but her replacement will be just as bad or worse. If Trump bothers to appoint a replacement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    I'm just going to point out that Sarah Sanders joined Trumps Campaign in 2016, so technically she has been with him for about 3 1/2 years now. Even if it wasn't entirely in the White House.

I would say good riddance, but her replacement will be just as bad or worse. If Trump bothers to appoint a replacement.
    White House press conferences are now fake news. The media will just make trump's administration sound bad by playing exactly what they said or quoting them word for word.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Now class, what's wrong with this tweet?

I'll give you 3 1/2 guesses.
    Trump has been President for 2 1/2 years. A few weeks less, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Well Huckabee Sanders is leaving

Guess she finally found a place to land

(She's wanted out for months but couldn't find another job)
    Sarah Sanders is floating the idea of running for Arkansas governor, sources say

"Sarah Sanders has floated running for governor in her home state of Arkansas in private conversations in recent weeks, according to two people familiar with the talks.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson was re-elected just last year, so unless he steps down early — or is appointed to something — the governor's office in Little Rock isn't open until January 2023.

She has told colleagues and friends that she thinks running for office would be a good next move for her, instead of taking a television job upon her departure."

This is the Bad Place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need a press secretary if you never talk to the press.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sarah Sanders is floating the idea of running for Arkansas governor, sources say

"Sarah Sanders has floated running for governor in her home state of Arkansas in private conversations in recent weeks, according to two people familiar with the talks.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson was re-elected just last year, so unless he steps down early — or is appointed to something — the governor's office in Little Rock isn't open until January 2023.

She has told colleagues and friends that she thinks running for office would be a good next move for her, instead of taking a television job upon her departure."

This is the Bad Place.
    Well, the last Arkansas governor I've heard enough about to remember the name of went on to be President.

Sic transit gloria... Arkansi, I guess?

She's fucking finally gone. How can a person in official post talk so... I cannot even describe it. Your job is not to push president's agenda and defend him, your job is to be the press secretary. Which you also did not do.
    Fucking finally. Unless she becomes governor? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I mean the Minister of Propoganda is perfect for Fox News.

She will land on her feet, likely a nice six figure plus somewhere. Yes, Fox News, but also I could see some company so with enough people so hard for Trump or more likely they loved their multi-millions, perhaps billion dollar tax cut that they will float her a job.

So boys and girls the story here is be a complete, lying asshole, who has destroyed our democracy for an authoritarian President and you will get paid.
    I call her Ms. Goebbels.

Have no idea why she left.

That job was a posh gravy train, just show up, drool a little, say what you want and walk off.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Have no idea why she left.

That job was a posh gravy train, just show up, drool a little, say what you want and walk off.
    She barely showed up they had conferences like once every two to three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    She barely showed up they had conferences like once every two to three months.
    Livin' the American Dream.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I wonder if whoever they replace her with will go the Mulvaney route and and put a meaningless "acting" in front of their press secretary title.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1364597
    Trump smashed months of FBI work to thwart election interference

"no collusion! no collusion! fake news!"

-Would you consider colluding with a foreign country in the next election?

"hell yes" - Trump

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "no collusion! no collusion! fake news!"

-Would you consider colluding with a foreign country in the next election?

"hell yes" - Trump
    Which is basically what he did in 2016 when he sent his son, son in law, and campaign manager to meet with Kremlin linked lawyers. He and his supporters can claim that since they didn't get anything that they didn't break the law, but the fact that they took the meeting based on getting information on Hillary Clinton, should have landed them all in jail for conspiracy against the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

This is the Bad Place.
    They will elect her.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Which is basically what he did in 2016 when he sent his son, son in law, and campaign manager to meet with Kremlin linked lawyers. He and his supporters can claim that since they didn't get anything that they didn't break the law, but the fact that they took the meeting based on getting information on Hillary Clinton, should have landed them all in jail for conspiracy against the United States.
    Corret me if I'm wrong but attempting to commit a crime but failing is still a crime. It is where I live.

Corret me if I'm wrong but attempting to commit a crime but failing is still a crime. It is where I live.
    It is where I live as well. Which is why, I was surprised that Mueller didn't even attempt to get all 3 of those morons in cuffs for it. But apparently he just knew that if he did that, Trump would just pardon all 3 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

It is where I live as well. Which is why, I was surprised that Mueller didn't even attempt to get all 3 of those morons in cuffs for it. But apparently he just knew that if he did that, Trump would just pardon all 3 of them.

It is, yes. The only reason that it is not a crime in this instance is because he also didn't know he was attempting to commit a crime.

To wit:
    If you know you're committing a crime and fail, it's still a crime because you knew you were doing something wrong even if nothing happened.
    If you don't know you're committing a crime and succeed, it's still a crime because something happened.
    If you don't know you're committing a crime and fail, it's not a crime because you didn't know you were doing something wrong and nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If you don't know you're committing a crime and fail, it's not a crime because you didn't know you were doing something wrong and nothing happened.
    Sounds like a legal crisis. If I tried to commit armed robbery and failed, I could say in my defence that I didn't know it was a crime and get to walk free? I don't think so.