10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post

Within weeks of a sharp increase in prices.
    The times we live in... i accidentally read: "Within weeks of sharpie price increases." Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

As if anyone of any credibility is going to give Trump a call and expect to get any kind of truth.

Imagine, after this tweet, there were more attacks towards the media calling them "LameStream Media," "FAKE NEWS" and "Enemy of the People" again. Oh, hold on, that's exactly what came next. With the added bonus of Trump claiming there is no freedom of the press!
    How should he know? Of course they would ask his publicist John Miller. Such a silly person.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I thought that said Barron and it totally seems plausible that Trump waited 4 years to meet his child.
    Wouldn't be surprised. And this is why I feel bad for most of Trump's kids that aren't named Ivanka. They no doubt had a terrible upbringing. Won't excuse their behavior now, but... Yea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised. And this is why I feel bad for most of Trump's kids that aren't named Ivanka. They no doubt had a terrible upbringing. Won't excuse their behavior now, but... Yea.
    Honestly we should feel especially bad for Ivanka, Trump basically said he'd want to fuck her if she weren't his daughter, on live TV.

Most people would have dies of embarrassment right there and then...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Honestly we should feel especially bad for Ivanka, Trump basically said he'd want to fuck her if she weren't his daughter, on live TV.

Most people would have dies of embarrassment right there and then...
    There's been rumors Trump has passed her around as a party favor for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As if anyone of any credibility is going to give Trump a call and expect to get any kind of truth.
    Yeah, coming from they guy who said windmills cause cancer, saying "they lack credibility" means literally less than nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Pompeo warns of a rapid Iran nuclear breakout in light of public events.

"If only someone could stop them," Pompeo lamented, "but alas, we are just the United States. Ever since we unilaterally left the Iran Nuclear Deal to which Iran was complying at the time, our ability to help has been reduced because..." he looked down at his phone, "because, um, bigly Democrats yuge Fake News treason JOBS!".

He then wandered away from the mic, shaking his head and not making eye contact with any of few remaining people who still worked for him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    There are new signs that @realdonaldtrump
    ’s private company is facing sharp business declines. In Chicago, profits at the Trump hotel have plummeted 89% in just 3 yrs.

Now some people may love this headline and that Trump may have to sell his only real profitable property the Trump Hotel in D.C. Yet, I'm sure most are also concerned that this will definitely make him more susceptible to bribes and corruption. I mean a corrupt person, willing to be more corrupt.
    It's not entirely clear that he hasn't stopped laundering money for the Russians. I do love that headline, of course, because Trump is all about him and his "wealth", and seeing it burn down is delicious. I do worry that he will become more desperate in his actions, and that's dangerous. I'm not worried about an increase in his corrupt behavior, you can't go up from 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I am just not seeing the numbers that you are posting. My investment strategy is pretty conservative, and my numbers are much better than that. Here are some of the ETFs in my holding. Most of them have been around for a long time. They are a mix of tech, telcom, health, consumer discretionary and consumer staple, large cap, mid cap and small cap. All of them pretty common components of most investment and retirement portfolios. I probably should get rid of the ones with higher expense ratio, but I am too lazy. As long as they are not losing money, I'll keep them.

FSCSX
    VGHCX
    PRMTX
    FSMEX
    MPGFX
    POGRX
    PRDGX
    Right that is why I said "All depends on what you invested in." I should have also added "and timing".

Unfortunately most people invest in direct index funds ( which show the returns I listed and Easy to verify just by googling a stock market historical chart for either of the indexes.) because they do not have the education or background to pick stocks or stock funds.

take your first example FSCSX

At the point trump's tariffs and tax cuts went into effect (market high during this time) FSCSX hit 18.16 Now sits at 19.11. 5.2% over 22 ish months.
    5.2%. After fees that's closer to 4-4.5% return over 20 months. More if you go back 24 months, less if you go back less time.

FSCSX has also hit points 10%+ higher then it is currently now in the last 12ish months.

So if you are lucky to have been in the market for years on top of years then you have made money.
    If you are investing right now, the performance short term look like it will beat Govt bonds but might not beat corporate/junk bonds.

Markets look great this year, but that is because of the almost record December drop in stocks.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There's been rumors Trump has passed her around as a party favor for years.
    I'd feel bad for her if that were true. Still wouldn't excuse most of her shit, but it would go a long way in explaining it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I am just not seeing the numbers that you are posting. My investment strategy is pretty conservative, and my numbers are much better than that. Here are some of the ETFs in my holding. Most of them have been around for a long time. They are a mix of tech, telcom, health, consumer discretionary and consumer staple, large cap, mid cap and small cap. All of them pretty common components of most investment and retirement portfolios. I probably should get rid of the ones with higher expense ratio, but I am too lazy. As long as they are not losing money, I'll keep them.

FSCSX
    VGHCX
    PRMTX
    FSMEX
    MPGFX
    POGRX
    PRDGX
    Just to clear something up, portfolios/mutual funds aren't straight stocks, and are generally considered safe and reliable but slow dripping investments, not too dissimilar to bonds.

Straight stocks have a much higher return potential, but also a much higher volatility

Just to clear something up, portfolios/mutual funds aren't straight stocks, and are generally considered safe and reliable but slow dripping investments, not too dissimilar to bonds.

Straight stocks have a much higher return potential, but also a much higher volatility
    Straight stocks is basically a loser's game except for a very small percentage of people who are a combination of lucky and brilliant. You're almost certainly paying fees to trade which eat up whatever gains you make by choosing "well." That high return potential is an illusion for virtually all of us.

I only own several stocks. Oracle because I used to work there, ESCO because my father-in-law was an officer, AECOM because the company that I used to work for got bought by AECOM, Costco and Home Depot were wedding present from my older relatives. Oracle was the only one that I bought on my own. I almost gave it to my sister for her wedding present in early 90s. Good thing I ended up keeping those stocks.

The rest are all funds. For the most part they have done very well. I think I am looking at annualized return ranging from 10 - 16% per year with expense ratio ranging from 0.25% to 1.95%. FSCSX is my favorite. From 1989 to 2019 it's annualized return is close to 18% with 0.72% expense ratio.

Oops forgot to mention. FSCSX also has no minimum purchase requirement.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2019-11-07 at 07:45 PM.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9194021.html

And Trump ordered to pay $2M for their "charities" "persistent" violations. And it's not just Trump, it's Trump, Donnie Jr., Eric, and Ivanka who were in violation state and federal campaign finance laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "persistent" violations.
    Hey, remember when people tries to say Clinton's charity was an illegal scam? I'm sure they'll line up to admit they were wrong. Any second. Aaaaaaaaaaany second.

Also, just a reminder, this has been a long time coming. Trump even prepared for it by dumping money into the "charity" as the lawsuit began. Of course, that was half a million, because Trump never pays his bills fully, does he?

...American Dream.

So long as the stock market stays strong, and the already rich from birth investors that benefit from it say that anyone can be just like then anyone can make it!
    The great thing about capitalism is, that actually anyone can make it. Sadly (and by fucking far) not everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you get when you cross the man who promised to fix Flint's water problem, with the man who invited G8 (yes, G8) to his own hotel?

Irony.

TAP WATER AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF COURSE CONTAMINATED WITH TOXIC 'FOREVER CHEMICALS'

Ah, with a headline in all caps, you know it's Newsweek.

The Environmental Working Group has found that high levels of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and other perfluorinated chemicals (PFAS) have been detected in tap water at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminister, New Jersey. PFAS are often called "forever chemicals," because they don't break down once they enter the environment and can cause build-up in the blood and organs of people exposed to them. President Donald Trump has frequently used the private club for meetings with public officials and referred to the compound as "the summer White House."

The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection reports 517 water systems in the state have been contaminated by these chemicals. EWG reports that over 1,000 water systems nationwide are affected by PFAS. PFOA, which was originally manufactured by DuPont for Teflon cookware, is believed to cause liver, testicular, and kidney cancer.

In a press release, EWG shared that PFOA levels reached 3.5 and 3.6 parts per trillion at Trump's Jersey golf course. This is much higher than the EWG's safety threshold, which recommends that any more than 1 ppt as unsafe for human consumption. Despite research from EWG and independent scientists, the Safe Drinking Water Act does not place a legal limit on PFAS.

EWG President Ken Cook condemned the private club for charging expensive membership fees while failing to provide something as fundamental as suitable drinking water. "I suppose one would hope after they've spent more than a quarter of million just to get in the door, President Trump could at least give his members filtered drinking water free of cancer-causing chemicals," he said.

Cook pointed to the many other cases of PFOA contaminated drinking water, explaining that the golf course is a microcosm of a larger problem. "But, if he's going to refuse to enact policies to clean up drinking water contamination for the rest of the country, why should the foursome waiting to tee off on the back nine be treated any different?" he added.
    Shithole golf course, right?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What do you get when you cross the man who promised to fix Flint's water problem, with the man who invited G8 (yes, G8) to his own hotel?

Irony.

TAP WATER AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF COURSE CONTAMINATED WITH TOXIC 'FOREVER CHEMICALS'

Ah, with a headline in all caps, you know it's Newsweek.

Fan-fucking-tastic. My favorite line:

[I]f [Trump]'s going to refuse to enact policies to clean up drinking water contamination for the rest of the country, why should the foursome waiting to tee off on the back nine be treated any different?
    Shithole man, shithole golf course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Or he's taking a play out of Putin's book with "slow death by poison."

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Fan-fucking-tastic. My favorite line:

Shithole man, shithole golf course.
    EPA proposes eased regulations on coal-ash pollution

Yep. Turn the Bible Belt into even more of a cancer alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9194021.html

And Trump ordered to pay $2M for their "charities" "persistent" violations. And it's not just Trump, it's Trump, Donnie Jr., Eric, and Ivanka who were in violation state and federal campaign finance laws.
    I wonder if he will actually be forced to pay it all.