The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Is it bad that both sides and fine person written or uttered anywhere instantly makes me livid?
    I make a point of not putting the word President in front of Trump. It seems he never was legitimately so, and all he's done is degrade the office since his first day. I don't see a way of "nullifying" his existence as 45, but at the same time he will always have an asterisk next to him name in my book. Deplorable to the end.

I mean, I shudder to think if the unfathomable happens and he's convicted in the Senate, requiring his immediate removal, what he'll actually do. He's the first Resident that I would bet on to create [yet another] constitutional crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I make a point of not putting the word President in front of Trump. It seems he never was legitimately so, and all he's done is degrade the office since his first day. I don't see a way of "nullifying" his existence as 45, but at the same time he will always have an asterisk next to him name in my book. Deplorable to the end.

I mean, I shudder to think if the unfathomable happens and he's convicted in the Senate, requiring his immediate removal, what he'll actually do. He's the first Resident that I would bet on to create [yet another] constitutional crisis.
    Oh that's guaranteed. He can't admit when he is wrong and he knows he leaves office into legal hell spending the rest of his life fighting or in prison while his kids fight the same. He will flip the table every way he can on the way out.

Part of me still thinks that before he leaves office, he will send most of his assets overseas and then leave and just not come back before his term is officially up as a way of screwing the nation and flipping them the bird on the way out.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The 20 is just for witness tampering. In total he faces 50.
    50 would require consecutive sentencing. He's a nonviolent first timer. Chances of that happening are low. I'm guessing 6-7 is a lot closer to what he'll end up with than 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

Uh oh.....

- - - Updated - - -

And Called by the AP....JBE has been reelected in Louisiana.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna end up being 3 points probably

FedEx's tax bill went from $1.5 billion to $0 in a single year. What changed? The Trump administration’s tax cut — for which the company had lobbied hard. https://t.co/B3Bi6FYIaq
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...072220160?s=19

Question Trumpkins. Did FedEx take this money and hire more people? Extended benefits? Perhaps spend money in the community or use this saved taxes in ant beneficial way?

You really need to stop getting conned that you will benefit from these corporate tax cuts.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And on the same day he had to take an unscheduled trip to the hospital for a “physical”. The guy is not having a good Saturday.
    WH says he had weekend almost free from commitments, are you trying to talk us into having a mental *ehrm*, having a health checkup is NOT the first pick for a regular senior citizen if they had a weekend to spend as they wish?

To show how ludicrous your claim is. Health care is a bitch in the US, of cos Trump or anyone else would seize the opportunity if it's free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...072220160?s=19

Question Trumpkins. Did FedEx take this money and hire more people? Extended benefits? Perhaps spend money in the community or use this saved taxes in ant beneficial way?

You really need to stop getting conned that you will benefit from these corporate tax cuts.
    Normal people regard the trickle down theory as a conspiracy theory.

One word in the above line is the keyword but if I had made it in bold, the 'other kind' wouldn't have a puzzle game to entertain them until well into January..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Trump is doing so well, Louisiana and Kentucky now have democrat Governors.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Oh snap, son, Trump hits 50% approval rate Friday. The impeachment crap is literally working in Trump's favor, as it shows the democrats have no reliable evidence, just hearsay and wild interpretations. LMAO.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_nov15

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trump is doing so well, Louisiana and Kentucky now have democrat Governors.
    Lol, won by the skin of their teeth with percentages that belong in the error margin. If not for Trump, the percentage would have been even more in favor of the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Oh snap, son, Trump hits 50% approval rate Friday. The impeachment crap is literally working in Trump's favor. LMAO.

It's.

Rasmussen.

Might as well roll a D20 and multiply by 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's.

Rasmussen.

Might as well roll a D20 and multiply by 2.5.
    Rasmussen correctly predicted the Trump victory in 2016. So it's already more reliable than most.

Rasmussen correctly predicted the Trump victory in 2016. So it's already more reliable than most.
    Rasmussen has consistently had him around 10 points higher than every single other poll (beyond the margin of error). This isn't the first time they've put him at 50% and it doesn't seem to be based on any actual polling. If it were I'd imagine Fox news polls to be reflective of that, but no, Fox News polls are pretty consistent with the others.

Lol, won by the skin of their teeth with percentages that belong in the error margin. If not for Trump, the percentage would have been even more in favor of the democrats.
    The GOP candidates were up by 5 points before Trump came to visit, so, nope.

And seriously? Rasmussen? If anyone took you seriously before--and I see no reason why they should--there's no way they can now. Ta ta.

These are states Trump won by double digits now republicans are losing.

And this was an actual fortune cookie fortune I got for dinner on Friday.

A super-duper Republican friendly "pollster" (that isn't taken seriously by its peers and *gasp* experts) predicting a win for the Republican candidate is about as relevant as that fortune cookie fortune is to one's life.

In reality Trump's approval is around 39%-41% depending on the error bars.
    https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/...11_13_2019.pdf

Which is fine. Nothing is going to dislodge the opinion of the Trumphadis with regards to the favorability of Eternal Leader Trump. That isn't even the point of all of this.

This is the point:

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    (1) Because we have moral and ethical responsibility to attempt to hold wrong doing accountable. If we don't try, then we only further undermine the rule of law. Not pursuing wrong doing because "conviction is difficult" is every bit as bad as the wrong doing. And opens the door to further acts of wrong doing.

(2) To act as a deterrent against future behavior of this type by future Presidents. Even if he isn't removed, who wants to go through an impeachment process? We are creating a precedent.

(3) We are staking out a historical marker. So our children and grandchildren can know that even if Trump is not convicted by a tribal Republican party, the facts were clear and the majority of Americans were willing to stand up for whats right. We inoculate ourselves from this being a national failure, and instead make it a failure of the Republican party.

(4) To make Republican Senators and Swing-district congressmen have to go on record as excusing Trump's clearly unconstitutional behavior. This may complicate their election chances in 2020, but more broadly will damage their professional reputations and prospects for many years to come. Trying to take a bullet for THIS President is ultimately extremely short sighted for them. But many of them will do it and will pay for it. Where they stood on Trump impeachment will be a key litmus test among the general electorate for years to come, including any with future Senatoral, Gubinatorial or Presidential ambitions. Or any that want to become an Ambassador or become "Secretary of X" in the Cabinet. Democrats will bring it up for decades to come. Think of how the Iraq War and the vote for it damaged countless politicians careers. This will be that, but worse. And they all know it. That is why they dread impeachment.

(5) To damage Trump going into 2020. The best argument Democrats can make to win in 2020 is that Trump is corrupt, self deals, put his own interest infront of the national interest and his very continuing on as President would only serve to undermine the legitimacy of the American system. Democrats are best served by pointing out the comparison of "while Trump advances himself and those of his friends, he is going to fuck up your healthcare and your retirements". Having Trump on record as being impeached, with clear charges of corruption, bribery, witness intimidation and extortion puts the onus on any swing voter thinking of supporting Trump to logic how all of this is not true, in the context of everything else we know about Trump. It's a tall order. Few will do it. It will also make Trump a liability to endangered candidates, and he will avoid campaigning with them, which will sap them of fundraising.

From every angle it is a win for Democrats. Even the timing is perfect. The Trump-Russia investigation wrecked Donald Trump's first 2.5 years in office. He then had a summer where he engaged in these illegalities. Impeachment will consume, by the time its over, the window from September 2019 to probably around early-March 2020. Which will then lead into the election season. Which means Trump will have spent most of his 4 years entirely handcuffed by political and legal peril and otherwise unable to act effectively as President.

Thats why we should bother. Removal isn't in the cards. The faintest of hopes. But that's not the point. This is a cudgel. And Democrats are breaking arms and legs.

Oh snap, son, Trump hits 50% approval rate Friday. The impeachment crap is literally working in Trump's favor, as it shows the democrats have no reliable evidence, just hearsay and wild interpretations. LMAO.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, wrong:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Go drunk, you're home.

On what planet do you think KY and LA were going to have dem governors????!?!?!?

And the fuck can you honestly spin that as a Trump win?
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-11-17 at 05:29 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Go drunk, you're home.

On what planet do you think KY and LA were going to have dem governors????!?!?!?

And the fuck can you honestly spin that as a Trump win?
    2nd place is winning in Trumpverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why you guys keep debating with the Trumptards. Just ignore them and move on.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-20 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming - Refrain from insults

15+ Year Old Account
    Polling institute A: does 10 predictions 8 are correct (the election is not one of them)
    Polling institute B: does 10 predictions 3 are correct (the election is one of them)

= B is better

Did I do my made up example properly?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Shocker. A conservative polling place, where all polls from Rasmussen tend to be outliers compared to everything else predicted a Republican win. Again, shocked. If Rasmussen was closer to the aggregate on a regular basis maybe it could be considered an accurate or reliable source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    2nd place is winning in Trumpverse.
    So is losing, supporting pedophiles, rapists, adulterers, traitors, racists , homophobes, sexists, and murderers.