Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...so when Trump says the military should deal with Vindman...it means nothing.
    What an idiot...
    But did he say the military should deal with Vindman, or did he say the military should deal, with Vindman?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    But did he say the military should deal with Vindman, or did he say the military should deal, with Vindman?
    I suppose nuance is important...um../s

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boy View Post
    Indeed, make a deal: leave and get USD 2.000.000 or something..
    And this is exactly what I am saying. There are multiple ways to read and interpret something.
    Perhaps you should try some of that critical thinking you mentioned to reach a logical conclusion. You also mentioned nuance but have no use for context apparently?

Great example of faulty thinking. Of stating "facts" that are wrong: people visit these forums all the time without registering. But since you have nothing to counter my points with, you just go to the usual "new user" or "number of posts" fallacy.
    Perhaps people do. You are not one of them.

Indeed, make a deal: leave and get USD 2.000.000 or something..
    And this is exactly what I am saying. There are multiple ways to read and interpret something.
    "We sent him on his way to a much different location and the military can handle him any way they want," Trump said.

Asked if he was suggesting that Vindman face disciplinary action, Trump said that would be up to the military.

"If you look at what happened ... they're going to certainly, I would imagine, take a look at that," Trump said.
    Your mental gymnastics make the under-age Chinese Olympic gymnasts jealous.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.axios.com/sean-spicer-re...e985145fb.html

The White House announced Tuesday that President Trump intends to appoint former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer and ex-chief of staff Reince Priebus to be members on the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships.
    Why is Trump, who fired these losers like dogs, inviting them back to be on anything having to do with the White House?

And how pathetic and desperate are they that they would accept the appointments?

Repeating my edit:
    There is a difference between "Trump wants the military to take disciplinary action against Vindman for...testifying in response to the House request." and "Trump says the military should look at disciplinary action against Lt. Col. Vindman, who gave testimony in impeachment hearings about the president".
    No there isn't.

He is commander in chief.

You can pretend there is not an implied order, but you'd be wrong.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Any bets on whose alt account "Baby" is...?

Again: there is a difference between "Trump saying they should look into it" (with an uncertain outcome) and "Trump wants them to take disciplinary action" (with a certain outcome). Funny how the one time everything Trump says is taken literally, when other times your own interpretation is posted.
    Stop repeating yourself. I understand what you're saying, but you're wrong.

Once again, Trump is the Commander in Chief, when he suggests stuff like that, it is an indirect order and will be taken as such.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please show me where he said "disciplinary action should be taken". Trump suggests a lot of stupid things, the world wouldn't exist anymore if all of them were taken as orders.
    The investigation itself is the certain outcome he is looking for, and it's unwarranted because he didn't do anything except comply with a Congressional subpoena. As such, any investigation at all would necessarily be disciplinary/retaliatory in nature regardless of the outcome of said investigation. This doesn't seem that difficult.

Speaking of Roger Stone and corruption - https://www.axios.com/trump-jessie-l...7ba6d4edb.html

Who is Jessie Liu and why does this matter?

Well, she was nominated to be the US Attorney for DC by Trump in 2017, having worked with his trasition team and previously worked for Bush Jr.

And Trump just pulled her nomination to serve as the Treasury Department's undersecretary for terrorism and financial crimes, which would oversee economic sanctions.

Why? No reason stated. But...

Liu was confirmed in September 2017 to lead the largest U.S. attorney's office in the country, overseeing a number of politically charged investigations that included the case against Trump associates Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and other spinoffs from the Mueller investigation.
    Mob boss is going after everyone he views as disloyal. There is no quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    You know, random thought. Maybe people would find it less amusing to create alt accounts if you didn't respond to them for several pages.

Not referring to anyone specifically of course, just a general observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You know, random thought. Maybe people would find it less amusing to create alt accounts if you didn't respond to them for several pages.

Not referring to anyone specifically of course, just a general observation.
    Oh my god, this!

Stop entertaining the burner accounts. I know you might be bored, and are just killing time to respond to them, but please, just leave them to their mad ravings.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I imagine this is probably his version of actually "draining the swamp." Getting rid of anyone that has a possibility of not being on Team Trump. They all get jackets now, you know.
    BONUS ROUND ON THIS NEWS:

Her confirmation hearing was scheduled for Thursday, February 13.

She'd already passed off the Stone case after resigning to allow for her nomination, but you can bet your ass that the Trump administration was predicting (accurately) that she'd be grilled about the recent development and asked for comment and opinion.

Trump doesn't want her talking, so he pulled her nomination. Reminder: There is no loyalty for team Trump. The demand absolute loyalty from their followers, but offer none in return.

Please show me where he said "disciplinary action should be taken". Trump suggests a lot of stupid things, the world wouldn't exist anymore if all of them were taken as orders.
    Are you fluent in the language we are both using?

Do you or do you not understand what a suggestion or an indirect order is?

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, the total casualties from the Iranian missile strikes in Iraq last month has now been revised to 109. It's the fifth time the number has been changed.

That's up from none, then 11, then 34, then 50, then 64 and now 109. When are the MAGAts going to demand an investigation of the DoD and find out if Trump pressured them to lie about it to make himself look better?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

oh look at that; Trump suggests military should consider additional discipline for Vindman The president's comments on Tuesday signaled he was open to additional punishment for officials who testified against him in the impeachment inquiry.

Sounds like most of us are on the same page...except Baby...(who argues like PC2)

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    In other news, the total casualties from the Iranian missile strikes in Iraq last month has now been revised to 109. It's the fifth time the number has been changed.

That's up from none, then 11, then 34, then 50, then 64 and now 109. When are the MAGAts going to demand an investigation of the DoD and find out if Trump pressured them to lie about it to make himself look better?
    I doubt it. There is no conspiracy here, this is how blast damage always works. I explained in detail a few days ago.

Short Version: Powerful explosions create shockwaves that move through human bodies in weird ways. This can cause damage that can take a very long time to manifest and show symptoms. I can't count the number of times I have dealt with bomb attacks were everyone got a clean bill of health intitially, and then the casualties grew over the next month, as they trickled into the medic over the next few weeks to discuss some symptom that just popped up. Symptoms like headaches, odd bowel movements, faintness, blurry vision, etc. Same thing has happened to me a couple times, and I always felt great that day and the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it interesting that most of the posts here just contain links, with nothing added from the poster (which is against forum rules anyway). Secondly, there is no defense formed. More an offensive against people posting untruths, lies or altered statements by others. The lack of critical thinking. The sadness of nothing to do in your life except browsing the internet all day looking for articles on what "X" did/said today and post it on MMO-C.
    Ok burner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Between everything that continues to happen and how the Republican party has turned their back on the nation as a whole for personal gain and the actions in my own post that shows them potentially trying to full on steal the next election and setting up the system to protect them while doing it.....

Just how bad does things have to go before violence ends up being the only reasonable answer left?

I am not advocating it so don't take it the wrong way. But just how far down this rabbit hole do we end up falling before the options are that or Russian style elections and justice with no real other options visable?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    BONUS ROUND ON THIS NEWS:

Her confirmation hearing was scheduled for Thursday, February 13.

She'd already passed off the Stone case after resigning to allow for her nomination, but you can bet your ass that the Trump administration was predicting (accurately) that she'd be grilled about the recent development and asked for comment and opinion.

Trump doesn't want her talking, so he pulled her nomination. Reminder: There is no loyalty for team Trump. The demand absolute loyalty from their followers, but offer none in return.
    And the MAGAts will declare it's just a pure coincidence about the timing. Just like the Wicked Witch of the West Wing, Kellyanne Conway, did when she said it was a coincidence that Trump released his hold on Ukraine aid at the same time that the fact that he was withholding it reached Congress and the press.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers