10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    OK. But personally I think Blagojevich has been punished enough.
    That nice. And entirely irrelevant to my comment unless you have an Illinois mailing address we're unaware of.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    When it's half your original sentence it gives a hint of that aroma, yes.
    The man extorted a children's hospital and tried to sell a US Senate seat. In New York State, you get seven years for stealing an SUV. I'm sure some people will want to handwave this as "nonviolent offenders" but if they tried that, they'd have to look really carefully at immigrants put in dog cages until they died. Also, the whole "first offense" would be horseshit in this case anyhow, because what are the odds someone could even be in the position to sell a US Senate seat twice?

Huge sentences for non-violent, first time offenders rubs me the wrong way in most cases.
    Found guilty of one count of lying to the FBI
    And then 17 more counts including extortion relating to funding for a children's hospital.

14 years in prison for undermining our democracy and the scope of his corruption is absolutely fair.

There are infinitely more deserving people to have their prison sentences commuted or be pardoned, and this sends a message, following Trump's pardon of D'Souza and Arpaio pardons, that Trump does not take political corruption seriously. At least not when it's in his favor of one of "his" guys.

Huge sentences for non-violent, first time offenders rubs me the wrong way in most cases.
    It's not up to you. This is the law. He got the maximum, made an example of, but that was up to the judge to decide. And judges don't make these sentences lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's not up to you. This is the law. He got the maximum, made an example of, but that was up to the judge to decide.
    And on this, upon his appeal the judge decided that the same 14 year sentence was appropriate for his crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Easily topped. Trump took to Twitter because of course he did, and did the following:
    1) Threatened to sue over the Mueller investigation.
    Yes. I put this in Impeachment thread. Crazy I could have put it in any of the three active threads. What other President can you say this. Well, Bush had a war with no WMD, Katrina and the economic collapse going on.

Now to comment on this. This is batshit unreal! I stated in other thread about a President commenting on a ongoing case. A case he has self-interest in. Also threatening to sue as POTUS is batshit unreal. Besides the little messing with our justice system, to have person in power suing people for what he thinks are wrong in cases is stepping way out of bounds.

I don't know, I can't believe we are here.

Edit: Let me add that Barr said this was out of bounds? Well, this lasted a few days.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-02-18 at 08:05 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not up to you.
    You have to consider who you are replying to. He's morally obligated to cheerlead and support any decision Trump makes. It's in his contract.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

of course you do, how ever this vile shit stain of a human deserves far more, for all the fraud and corruption, But then again Trump loves the vile and corrupt

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not up to you. This is the law. He got the maximum, made an example of, but that was up to the judge to decide. And judges don't make these sentences lightly.
    Of course it's not up to me. But judges are not infallible in their judgment.

Mercy seems to be in short supply among more than a few in this forum. To each his own...as these are the things that define us.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Mercy seems to be in short supply among more than a few in this forum.
    And in the White House.

At least unless you can personally benefit Trump and/or his re-election campaign.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    of course you do, how ever this vile shit stain of a human deserves far more, for all the fraud and corruption, But then again Trump loves the vile and corrupt
    So much hatred. How do you live with it?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Of course it's not up to me. But judges are not infallible in their judgment.

Mercy seems to be in short supply among more than a few in this forum. To each his own...as these are the things that define us.
    You know one of the things he was convicted on was trying to shake down a children's hospital? Yeah I can live with myself just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And in the White House.

At least unless you can personally benefit Trump and/or his re-election campaign.
    Thousands of prisoners have been released under Trump's First Step Act. Do you have a problem with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thousands of prisoners have been released under Trump's First Step Act. Do you have a problem with this?
    What a silly non sequitur.

Signing your name in sharpie does not erase attempting to extort a foreign head of state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know one of the things he was convicted on was trying to shake down a children's hospital? Yeah I can live with myself just fine.
    Like I said previously...these are the things that define us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's like reverse karma, thinking pardoning all these people will lead someone to pardon him when he get's convicted once he's out of office.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said previously...these are the things that define us.
    It surely defines you as a hyprocrite as it's convenient for you to defend everything this sexual assaulter in chief does.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My jaw hit the floor with that one.

And I have to ask our resident Dump-supporters here, what do they think of him pardoning one of the most corrupt DEMOCRAT in our time!? That shitshow of a human was way worse than anything Hillary was accused of, and he just got a fuking pardon from your God/King!? o_O

Like I said, he sure learned his lesson from getting acquitted - the lesson is he can do whatever thing he wants now, because he's always covered by his corrupt Traitorpublican following.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like reverse karma, thinking pardoning all these people will lead someone to pardon him when he get's convicted once he's out of office.
    The sad part is I can't even tell if this is sarcastic or if you actually think he believes that - cus with Dumbass Dump, nothing surprises me now! >_<

Can we do the impeachment thing again...please?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    My jaw hit the floor with that one.

And I have to ask our resident Dump-supporters here, what do they think of him pardoning one of the most corrupt DEMOCRAT in our time!? That shitshow of a human was way worse than anything Hillary was accused of, and he just got a fuking pardon from your God/King!? o_O

Like I said, he sure learned his lesson from getting acquitted - the lesson is he can do whatever thing he wants now, because he's always covered by his corrupt Traitorpublican following.

- - - Updated - - -

The sad part is I can't even tell if this is sarcastic or if you actually think he believes that - cus with Dumbass Dump, nothing surprises me now! >_<
    Nah I was being sarcastic. He's doing this for two reasons, 1.) because his incredibly ignorant base gobbles this shit up and can't get enough of it, just look at the exchange with one of his supporters on the last page who loves the "mercy" shown, when really it was just his wife on fox begging and trump 2.) always doing what fox tells him to do. and he always does what fox tells him to because he knows his base gobble that shit up. it's a circle of retardation.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-02-18 at 09:46 PM.