Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "Gaetz was seen traveling with President Trump on Air Force One about an hour before his office announced that he would go into self-quarantine."

Queue the same clip as before with Trump touching his face constantly.
    So Trump, who is apparently afraid of journalists "intentionally infecting him" on Air Force One - has met with what, two people under self-quarantine since CPAC?

10+ Year Old Account
    So supposedly Trump wants the DoJ investigate the media for its role in the stock market collapse today.

Basically trying to tell his cult it's not his fault that the stock market tanked, it's everyone elses.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://time.com/5799765/intelligenc...demic-dangers/

An annual intelligence report that has been postponed without explanation by President Donald Trump’s administration warns that the U.S. remains unprepared for a global pandemic, two senior government officials who have reviewed a draft of the report tell TIME.

The office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) was scheduled to deliver the Worldwide Threat Assessment to the House Intelligence Committee on Feb. 12 and the hearing has not been rescheduled, according to staffers and members of the House and Senate intelligence committees. The DNI’s office declined requests for a comment on the status of the report. Democratic staffers say they do not expect the report to be released any time soon.

The final draft of the report remains classified but the two officials who have read it say it contains warnings similar to those in the last installment, which was published on January 29, 2019. The 2019 report warns on page 29 that, “The United States will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.”
    TLDR:

Trump administration was supposed to deliver Congress an Intel report, one that apparently warns that the US isn't prepared for global pandemics like *checks notes* covid-19.

It was supposed to be delivered a month ago. The hearing was canceled without reasons and has not been rescheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "Gaetz was seen traveling with President Trump on Air Force One about an hour before his office announced that he would go into self-quarantine."

Queue the same clip as before with Trump touching his face constantly.
    They dont filter the air in air force one, right? So if someone is coughing or you know, being the carrier of a virus, said particles will go throughout the whole airplane?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://time.com/5799765/intelligenc...demic-dangers/

TLDR:

Trump administration was supposed to deliver Congress an Intel report, one that apparently warns that the US isn't prepared for global pandemics like *checks notes* covid-19.

It was supposed to be delivered a month ago. The hearing was canceled without reasons and has not been rescheduled.
    Ok let me say this:

The US is not prepared for a pandemic disease lile COVID-19. Case in point, that effing virus.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

A couple of weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Maybe the White House will get hit by the Karma train.

I was going to make a joke about how Trump's such a piece of shit parasite that even viruses avoid him but somehow the truth of what's been happening the past week is better than anything I could just make up.

I'm enjoying that piece off shit Gaetz, who mocked the severity of covid-19 with his gas mask performance art, is now one of those potentially affected.

Hopefully he'll get through it all fine and isn't even infected, but more importantly I hope he learns a less about not being a piece of shit human being.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...den-debate/amp

Donnie Jr., who is apparently unfamiliar with how campaigns work and think they're a family affiar just because his sister and brother in-law work in the White House, is inexplicably challenging Hunter Biden to a debate.

Why? Who fucking knows. But this is basically him standing at the doorway screaming "COME OUTSIDE IF YOU WANNA SEE WHAT I'M MADE OF TOUGH GUY" while Hunter Biden is quietly sitting at the bar trying to have a quiet drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    but more importantly I hope he learns a lesson about not being a piece of shit human being.
    We all know that isn't going to happen.
    /s

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...den-debate/amp

Donnie Jr., who is apparently unfamiliar with how campaigns work and think they're a family affiar just because his sister and brother in-law work in the White House, is inexplicably challenging Hunter Biden to a debate.

Why? Who fucking knows. But this is basically him standing at the doorway screaming "COME OUTSIDE IF YOU WANNA SEE WHAT I'M MADE OF TOUGH GUY" while Hunter Biden is quietly sitting at the bar trying to have a quiet drink.
    Don Jr. is like the red headed step child of his family who daddy always ignores. Even to this day he is still crying for daddies affection and dreams he could get even a tenth of the love Ivanka gets from daddy Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump wants the DoJ investigate the media for its role in the stock market collapse today.
    Sweet. Do they get a reward for making it go up?

No?

Then fuck that investigation.

I'm enjoying that piece off shit Gaetz, who mocked the severity of covid-19 with his gas mask performance art, is now one of those potentially affected.
    Apparently in addition to riding in AF1 with Trump he was also in the limo. Honestly I doubt he's infected because something tells me he avoids human contact as much as possible anyway, but still, if he was at risk he's proving right now just how much this could escalate--and he wanted to make light of the whole thing with that fucking mask.

EDIT: There are now mutterings/rumors that the WH physician has asked Trump to self-quarantine after coming in contact with Gaetz today. Guess we'll see how THAT goes.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-03-09 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's minimized view of the coronavirus crisis puts his re-election at risk

President Donald Trump seems to be experiencing a different coronavirus crisis than the rest of the country. And his personal vision of it could spell a significant danger to his re-election campaign.

For many people, including most of the rest of the government, there's growing fear about the epidemic as it continues to spread into more states.

Markets in free fall are bla bla bla bla bla.

But according to Trump, everything's still "perfect," from the way he handled the outbreak to availability of test kits. Many Americans recall that he played down the threat last month — "the risk to the American people remains very low," he said as he questioned whether it would spread — and mocked politicians who implored him to take it more seriously. He used the word "hoax" at a rally in South Carolina, later explaining that he meant criticism of his response was a hoax.

So at the exact time when administration officials, state-level officials and the public needed the president to sound the alarm, Trump told everyone there was nothing to worry about. He tried to sell Americans on the idea that they didn't need to protect themselves because he had it all under control.

Now, the risk is bigger, both because of the slow-footed response and because it appears that investors, health officials and the general public don't feel they can trust what the president is saying.

The view on Capitol Hill is as obvious in the deeds of Trump's Republican allies as it is in the words of Democrats: What he's saying doesn't comport with reality.

Several GOP lawmakers have self-quarantined, after possibly making contact with someone with the virus — and, following that, with the president. A senior congressional Democratic aide told NBC's Sahil Kapur that Trump's use of the bully pulpit is causing deep concern in Congress.

"Members and staff are very concerned about the White House response and how bad this can get across the country," the aide said. "There’s a feeling that the country could look a lot different in two weeks' time in terms of people’s ability to move freely, go to work and school. ... There was a thinking developing that the country had made it this far without a genuine crisis that Trump had to deal with and may get through an election with the status quo holding. That’s not true anymore."
    Incidentally, "that's not true anymore" is the Trump 2020 campaign slogan.

Mot too many states that aren't showing any cases as of yet.

Oklahoma
    Arkansas
    Alabama
    New Mexico
    Idaho
    Montana
    Wyoming
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Alaska

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So judging by the map covid is now all over the US.
    It is now everywherer. First cases reported in Ohio and Louisiana.

And let's keep that ball rolling. Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said in a statement obtained by The Hill that Lt. Gen. Christopher Cavoli and several staffers "may have been exposed to COVID-19 during a recent conference.". He's the commander of U.S. Army forces in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Already that map's out of date. 36 states and counting.

This article seemed to revel in the karma; A week after gas mask stunt, Gaetz is self-quarantining

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Oklahoma
    Arkansas
    Alabama
    New Mexico
    Idaho
    Montana
    Wyoming
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Alaska
    I don't think there is any question that COVID-19 will spread to every state, and probably every country. The big question is the fatality rate - so far it's not calculable with any accuracy, for various reasons - and how that will affect government's response.

Oklahoma
    Arkansas
    Alabama
    New Mexico
    Idaho
    Montana
    Wyoming
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Missouri
    Kansas
    Alaska
    your map is really outdated.....missing a lot of states since they are up to 39+ including presumptive cases.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

even the CDC is outdated as of today LA reported as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It is now everywherer.First cases reported in Ohio and Louisiana[/url].

And let's keep that ball rolling. [He's the commander of U.S. Army forces in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Already that map's out of date. 36 states and counting.
    shh trump said we were blindsided no one saw this coming.....ummm….ya that's all I got....

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing we have someone really mature in charge....
    he's also afraid to say the name for fear of getting it wrong...just calls it virus...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...et-plunge.html

But never used the word coronavirus then stormed out of the room instead of answering questions
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump is now publicly saying we need a payroll tax cut to handle the coronavirus.

Naturally, he said he had lots of bigly yuge details and he would announce them tomorrow.

Obama did the same thing for a different reason: general economy boost. He signed it Feb 2012 after it went through the House and Senate, after House Republicans blocked it of course, and eventually passed 293-132 and 60-36.

"I wonder if, after signing this, I should hold it up to the camera and have fifty people applaud...nah, I should probably just do my job and not boost my ratings."

So Trump can propose whatever he wants, but he can't sign a bill that doesn't exist. And, man, can Pelosi roast his ass over the coals on this one.

"But Breccia! Who would be stupid enough to vote against a payroll tax cut for all Americans?"

Well, the rich, for one. They don't pay payroll taxes.

But more importantly, anyone could make the point -- correctly -- that one of two things would happen:
    1) The payroll tax cut is too small to deal with the problem. As I posted earlier, the payroll tax cut Obama signed, 2%, was about half of the amount needed to buy a Bronze plan. If it won't pay for that, it won't pay for expenses you rack up while staying home a week, either.
    2) The payroll tax cut is quite large and therefore a significant expense which could be better spent in other ways, such as funding vaccine or treatment research, and distribution to the American people.

Trump is basically saying "the coronavirus is coming, here's $20 a week, good luck". I mean, is that really how this is supposed to work? I disagree with Grassley's targeted corporate tax cuts but at least it made sense. Give a guy so poor he doesn't have health care $20/week and see if he buys health care with it or not. I don't think he will.

Not that it matters, but my union got me outstanding care and I could walk from my office to a hospital in under 15 minutes. I'm one of the lucky ones. Pick Bubba Bo Bob Trumper down in FL or LA or SC about their situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the consensus on Trumps press conference? I didn't watch it but my parents did and my father, who was an investment banker, said that Trumps speech didn't seem like it would instill much confidence in the markets.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the CDC is telling old people to stock up on supplies and stay home.

Also, I forgot to mention: if the coronavirus is under control, and everyone's doing a good job...why the tax cut, again? I asked earlier, nobody answered.