10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    To add to that point, once the Military becomes the sole arbiter of order and justice in a country, it doesn't take very long for them to start wondering why they are taking orders from a deranged old man in the first place. The US Military is the most powerful threat to the freedom of the world that exists, and it has been for a very long time. It wasn't that scary, because it was a very well behaved guard dog that stayed neutral.
    https://twitter.com/edwardjolmos/sta...98441045467137

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I seriously doubt that, at this point. I mean, what's the incentive? He can call their bluff, and if he wins he wins, and if he loses he can blame them for being RINOs (traitors) and declare his own, new MAGA political party.
    In which case the republicans put their non-Trump candidates on the republican line, and Trump has to count on write in votes for the MAGA political party.

This is why we need to get to 61-36 or better as Breccia advised. We need all the pressure on the RNC that we can get. Or make the election so lopsided that the RNC basically ceases to exist. If Trump and his voters go for a revolution to oust Biden, then in that case we will have to fight. If this becomes even a remote possibility, then we have to start preparing for the fight in September.

But we absolutely need a completely lopsided election victory. The closer the results, the more likely Trump will try something stupid, and the more likely the RNC will cave in to him. The RNC people are quite weak and cowardly, but if the results are really bad for them they might stand up to Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. And seriously people in the DoD and GOP are asking themselves what in the holy fuck is going on with the Deranged Orange Turd. Espey already spoke out against his boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no.

There is a precisely 0% chance that the NYPD will decide that they've had enough and pack it in, letting the protestors do whatever they want so that the cops can get some rest. That's simply not going to happen. What is far more likely to happen is that tensions will keep ratcheting up as the police become even more exhausted, leading to more stupid, senseless, violent outcomes.

Nobody wins by hoping that the police aren't allowed any time off and trying to "outlast" them.
    You say that, but I mean...have you heard the NYPD police scanners?

Dudes sound as though ascending a small flight of stairs might induce asphyxia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Exactly. And seriously people in the DoD and GOP are asking themselves what in the holy fuck is going on with the Deranged Orange Turd. Espey already spoke out against his boss.
    How long until Trump finds someone that will do what he wants?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am willing to bet that is a presidential order direct to the Pentagon. Esper has probably been sent to his room without his supper.
    He said he didn't think it was appropriate. But he did it anyhow. I'm willing to bet he didn't make that up, because all that would do is bring ire. So it seems like he might say he doesn't want to do it, but he really wants that job more than his ethics or morals.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This week has done more to damage that reputation then the last century combined. Milley is risking the entire reputation and legacy of the United States Military to placate a madman, and he risks the republic right along with it. Fuck him, he should have torn his stars off and thrown them at Trumps feet on the steps of that Church. That stunt was unforgivable, and he walked along in his uniform endorsing it. That is the cardinal sin of any military officer, he cannot endorse a political stunt, and that was the worst one he could have supported.
    I don't think you can place this at Milley's feet solely (yes, I went there). He is just following lawful orders (I know, I know - Hitler incoming - bear with me). There is law and precedent for the regular military to be called in during times of unrest - Democratic Presidents have done so in the past.

Milley's only options were to do it, or refuse the order. Both are bad options.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    The RNC is not stupid enough to get rid of Trump. Without the trump supporters, who would they have left besides the Neoconservatives?
    Trump is also way to arrogant to step down.
    They lost the Neo-Cons in 2016 when Trump won. I mean Bill Kristol has a job at MSNBC just crapping on Trump. They might go back but it's not a given. The RNC is now 100% trump supporters and mormons, who don't really like trump per say, but are loyal to the party for the most part.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-06-03 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sentiment shows you glorifying violence just as much as the people you claim to have "not an ounce of pity for".

If what you're cheering on is the escalation instead of the deescalation of violence, then you are the problem you're fighting against.
    If that's what you think based on my posts, be my guest, but to iterate: I'd prefer the system to be rebuilt instead of waiting for the crash i describe (and let's be honest; i'm a white dude - i can only loose by the system crushing) - so yeah, i hope this is a wake-up call to rebuilt and by just ignoring people and carrying on you directly run into the collapse i describe.

So yeah, everyone who is siding with the police SUPPRESSING the peaceful protests is actively working on the escalation. There is one thing every cop can do for his country: QUIT NOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They lost the Neo-Cons in 2016 when Trump won. I mean Bill Kristol has a job at MSNBC just crapping on Trump. They might go back but it's not a given. The RNC is now 100% trump supporters and mormons, who don't really like trump per say, but are loyal to the party for the most part.
    I doubt they really lost them as people seem to claim, Trump is doing a lot of things they want. The wars, the bombing, the killing of Iran's top general, the tax cuts, very hard on crime, very authoritarian. They love that shit. The never trumpers within them are a minority from what ive seen.

The big difference between the GOP before Trump and the GOP now is that they are far less subtle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He said he didn't think it was appropriate. But he did it anyhow. I'm willing to bet he didn't make that up, because all that would do is bring ire. So it seems like he might say he doesn't want to do it, but he really wants that job more than his ethics or morals.
    That's is also a distinct possibility. SecDef is perhaps the best Cabinet post available.

You seem to be making a case for voting Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxisas View Post
    You seem to be making a case for voting Trump.
    Wasn’t going to reply... but, that’s a solid self own right there. lol

The RNC is now 100% trump supporters and mormons
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I don't think you can place this at Milley's feet solely (yes, I went there). He is just following lawful orders (I know, I know - Hitler incoming - bear with me). There is law and precedent for the regular military to be called in during times of unrest - Democratic Presidents have done so in the past.

Milley's only options were to do it, or refuse the order. Both are bad options.
    Option 3 is resign, and that was the only honorable and decent thing to do. Milley didn't really have an order to follow, he isn't in anyone's chain of command, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs is specifically and legally not allowed to have a command relationship with any member of the military. The issue is not any action Milley took, it is the actions he did not take. It is his passivity in the face of a blatant and flagrant abuse of power, and the fact he personally endorsed it by his silence and presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Reminder: Trump's father, Fred, was arrested during KKK riots he was participating in in 1927.

Just some historical context.
    Edge is trying to imply Fred Trump was a KKK member. In fact we have no idea what he was doing at the event.

I don't really care either way - Trump's family are assholes. But is does give you an indicative of just how reflexively Edge lies about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxisas View Post
    Edge is trying to imply Fred Trump was a KKK member. In fact we have no idea what he was doing at the event.
    Ah yes he could have been there for one of the plenty of other legitimate reasons a racist white dude would be attending a Klan rally. /s The absolute clownery, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You say that, but I mean...have you heard the NYPD police scanners?

Dudes sound as though ascending a small flight of stairs might induce asphyxia.
    I know the other night, Chicago PD scanners were playing Fuck Tha Police and other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    K-Pop stans out here doing god's work taking over all the pro-police hashtags:

It's literally just BTS fancams and memes.
    What the fuck? That's cool.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2020-06-03 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I doubt they really lost them as people seem to claim, Trump is doing a lot of things they want. The wars, the bombing, the killing of Iran's top general, the tax cuts, very hard on crime, very authoritarian. They love that shit. The never trumpers within them are a minority from what ive seen.

The big difference between the GOP before Trump and the GOP now is that they are far less subtle.
    They'll find ways to push their pro-war bullshit no matter who is president, they just notice what the majority of americans view trump as, a conman. And until Trump is no longer part of the equation, the RNC will push Trump because Republicans trying for office that were against Trump, they all lost in 2018. Outside of Romney, but that's because of the mormons, not Trump. So, because all the anti trumpers lost in 2018, the RNC has basically put all their eggs in the Trump basket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    What the fuck?
    K-Pop stans have been thwarting efforts by police and right wing groups to coordinate their responses to the protests over social media and apps by spamming them with fancam footage and memes so they are unusable.

Hence why #WhiteLivesMatter, #MAGA, and most police hashtags are now classed as k-pop trends on Twitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They did that in Minneapolis too. Someone nicked a police scanner and blasted NWA for five hours.