10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Pepper spray, including that which the police claimed they used in projectiles, isn't tear gas.

Also, killing someone with an axe isn't technically stabbing them to death. "Thanks for clarifying, I'll have a super-accurate headstone now" leaps to mind.

The difference is barely sufficient when you're trying to be a massive loophole.
    It actually is. "Pepper Spray" is OC Gas, which is an organically produced tear gas. It is advertised as such, purchased as such, used as such, and defined as such.

So the "loophole" is not even that. It is like claiming that when the news said "Stabbed with a knife" and the police said "Fatal injuries from a bladed weapon", that the two reports contradict each other.

The "OC is not tear gas" talking point was created Tuesday morning. Prior to the Second of June, 2020, no such distinction existed. It didn't when I was in the military, and it doesn't now. The White House specifically denied use of CS or CN gas, which are different types of Tear Gas. This was also a lie, as CS cartridges were also found on the scene. But the reason they specified "CS or CN" in the first place is because OC is objectively a Tear Gas. If it wasn't, they would have denied using Tear Gas without specifying the type.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He announced for this October? Just weeks before the election?
    Yes it got lost in the whole impeachment headlines. Dunham , Guliani and Barr are cooking up a October surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is Trump's baby.
    If Trump were any sort of normal politician he would have been able to use this to his advantage by issuing some sort of statement along the lines of "I had no idea this was going to happen, and now that it has I fully condemn this suppression of people's first amendment rights. Police should allow all non-violent protests" etc. etc. etc.

Instead he went all "FAKE NEWZ" and missed an opportunity to use this to his advantage.

Of course if Trump was even slightly political savvy beyond what riles up his base he wouldn't be where he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh hey, remember me trying to get @TexasRules to define tear gas because he claimed pepper spray isn't tear gas?
    Don't worry, I'm sure he'll have a whole new batch of excuses and handwaving to dismiss photographic evidence in front of his face.
    Hey there @TexasRules! Did you see that?
    Y'all aren't actually expecting him to return to the thread anytime soon right? He'll stay out of sight until there is enough distance and then pretend this whole thing never happened.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Just so I know what's going on, @TexasRules claimed tear gas wasn't used, asked for evidence, and will now likely not respond once evidence is given? There's a word for that type of poster.

Guys take it easy on Trump. How is he going to survive all this time without being able to leave to golf?

Speaking of things that should be left for scientists and not for snakes posing as ones, the lancet just retracted the hydroxychloroquine study that said that it was not effective

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art...40673620313246
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Guys take it easy on Trump. How is he going to survive all this time without being able to leave to golf?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...05b_story.html

He replaced the existing room for digital golf with a brand new, high-tech one at taxpayer expense.

I'm sure he'll find some way to survive.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Just so I know what's going on, @TexasRules claimed tear gas wasn't used, asked for evidence, and will now likely not respond once evidence is given? There's a word for that type of poster.
    It’s a predictable behavior of trump supporters when confronted with fact overload and seeing how it’s on a internet forum they cant use their last resort , violence.

So they disappear until something new happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Y'all aren't actually expecting him to return to the thread anytime soon right? He'll stay out of sight until there is enough distance and then pretend this whole thing never happened.
    Pictures of canisters with no proof of where they came from can easily be dismissed with "FAKE NEWS" unfortunately. I mean, you could have video of that canister being shot, hitting the ground, emptying out, and someone pics it up and examines it .... and they still wouldn't believe it.

https://twitter.com/NathanBacaTV/sta...46711452094464

Confirmation that Park Police and National Guard tear gassed peaceful protesters to make way for a Trump photo op.

Whether or not the specific order came from Trump to use the gas is irrelevant, the order to clear protesters came from the White House and the Park Police were deployed by the Department of the Interior.

This is Trump's baby.
    That simply proves that tear gas WASN'T used.

If they had used it, then no one would be able to take pictures of the canisters because they would be gone due to being used. You can't see something once it has been used!

/s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yes it got lost in the whole impeachment headlines. Dunham , Guliani and Barr are cooking up a October surprise.
    Well that's fucking bad. I hope there are some people that can get word out so Team Biden can prepare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Oh we know, that is kind of the whole point. What is most likely to happen is he is going to pop up on a few alt accounts for a while. But when he does come back on that account I am going to throw that right in his face anyway.

The really hilarious thing is that it wouldn't actually be embarrassing for him to admit he was wrong here. I don't expect anyone to be an expert in crowd control chemicals. But of course he can't do that. Always be doubling down.

Gee trump supporters seem to be quite about govt waste in all these bills that passed after they cried for a week about Pelosi's bills funding ridiculous things under the guise of covid-19

oh I see why...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...cid=spartanntp

The document obtained by The Post shows how the Pentagon intends to spend the roughly $10.5 billion allocated by Congress under the Cares Act. It includes hundreds of millions of dollars for projects seemingly unrelated to the pandemic, including submarine missile tubes, space launch facilities, and golf course staffing.

including $150 million for shipbuilders, including funds for submarine launch equipment and missile tubes;
    $40 million for hypersonic missile development;
    $80 million for microelectronics;
    $150 million for space launch companies,
    and $62 million for body armor and pelvic protectors.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Well that's fucking bad. I hope there are some people that can get word out so Team Biden can prepare.
    They have telegraphed it so if Biden's team is not ready they don't deserve their paychecks. It's also worth noting that all the investigations into Guliani have died out we haven't heard anything probably killed by Barr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Gee trump supporters seem to be quite about govt waste in all these bills that passed after they cried for a week about Pelosi's bills funding ridiculous things under the guise of covid-19

oh I see why...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...cid=spartanntp

The document obtained by The Post shows how the Pentagon intends to spend the roughly $10.5 billion allocated by Congress under the Cares Act. It includes hundreds of millions of dollars for projects seemingly unrelated to the pandemic, including submarine missile tubes, space launch facilities, and golf course staffing.

including $150 million for shipbuilders, including funds for submarine launch equipment and missile tubes;
    $40 million for hypersonic missile development;
    $80 million for microelectronics;
    $150 million for space launch companies,
    and $62 million for body armor and pelvic protectors.
    Could be worse. They could be buying an extra billion dollars in Tear Gas and Batons...

But yeah, this is exactly the sort of reason why were supposed to have an oversight group... which we don't. Which somehow Trump got away with firing.

I will say.

Seeing medical professionals begging for any PPE for months.

And seeing police nearly universally heavily armed and armored with an apparently endless supply of heavy vehicles, tear gas, pepper balls etc. etc.

Speaks volumes to where the funding priorities in America are, and how effective their respective lobbies are at getting their issues heard and acted on.

5+ Year Old Account
    I will say.

And seeing police nearly universally heavily armed and armored with an apparently endless supply of heavy vehicles, tear gas, pepper balls etc. etc.

Speaks volumes to where the funding priorities in America are, and how effective their respective lobbies are at getting their issues heard and acted on.
    Brown man scary.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    They have telegraphed it so if Biden's team is not ready they don't deserve their paychecks. It's also worth noting that all the investigations into Guliani have died out we haven't heard anything probably killed by Barr.
    Oh, I'm sure they are geared up generally, but if they could get the details of such a politically motivated "investigation" before they come out, they could be ready with an immediate answer. Or a similar "investigation" from the House - to dilute the news cycle.

I cannot believe how compromised the DoJ is at this point. AG Harris will have a lot of cleaning out to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say.

Same thing with our per capita incarceration - we're still first in the world. The United States' priorities are entirely out of whack, and most of that can be laid directly at the feet of the GOP, and now Trump's GOP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I'm sure they are geared up generally, but if they could get the details of such a politically motivated "investigation" before they come out, they could be ready with an immediate answer. Or a similar "investigation" from the House - to dilute the news cycle.

I cannot believe how compromised the DoJ is at this point. AG Harris will have a lot of cleaning out to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing with our per capita incarceration - we're still first in the world. The United States' priorities are entirely out of whack, and most of that can be laid directly at the feet of the GOP, and now Trump's GOP.
    Honestly, around half of the government needs to be thrown in jail. The US is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Honestly, around half of the government needs to be thrown in jail. The US is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
    A more frightening thought... I don’t think we are...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi