Infrastructure week. This time we mean it.

Have we ever actually gotten past the announcement of infrastructure week to hear some details?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IS INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK BACK?!
    As I posted before, the Democrats have a $500 billion plan, the GOP have a $300 billion plan, and Trump has put his $2 trillion plan on 50% off sale, or "half-asphalt" that the GOP don't even want to look at. Trump hasn't pitched it yet, but I doubt it would matter if he did. The GOP in the House and Senate have suddenly remembered the deficit and are going true to form about cutting services rather than raise revenue.

So, Trump claims there's a plan, but we haven't seen Infrastructure Week VII yet, which is good news for me because I don't have a working title yet. "Putting the Nation in Blackface" didn't make the cut, but "TraffiKKKones Everywhere" might.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Is anyone clear on what happens in an Infrastructure Week?
    I mean, technically we've only had the one Infrastructure WEEK as named by Trump's administration. That one was, yep, interrupted by literal Nazis carrying literal torches in literal American streets. And the plan never made it off posterboard and into Congress. So, based on 100% of the results so far, Infrastructure Week isn't about any of those three things, it's about declaring your love for the master race, then murdering someone in cold blood in public.

It reads like a joke, doesn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Ivanka
    "Advisor to the White House", I'll allow it. Surprised nobody said Chao though. Yeah, I know her job title has the word "secretary" but y'all know what I meant.

Don't worry Trumpsters, he'll get a win on saturday. Don't let all these loses get you down. Saturday will be a big win for his ego, one of only 2 things he cares about, that and his bank account. It won't be a win for you, he doesn't care about you, you haven't gotten shit out of this administration. But he'll get an ego rubbing, that's all you supporters of him care about right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump campaign wants more debates against Biden.

"Is he literally senile? He lost every debate against Clinton tiny hands down, to the point of ripping up his notes. Also, didn't he say he would skip the debates entirely?"

Mostly true. Trump said he'd skip the debates, or bypass the commission and create his own. Also, his campaign is looking at not just more debates, but more debates in which they get to pick the moderators.

There's only a shred of logic to this. Trump is probably trying to create a network of conspiracy theories, and could also be working with other countries -- he's been caught multiple times -- to engineer a sudden surprise. And yes, bribing the ref would make a difference. Thing is, Biden is under no obligation to humor this ridiculous attempt to change the rules. Honestly, at this point, if the Commission on Presidential Debates sets up the rules, Biden agrees and Trump does not, I'd hope the Commission would keep the schedule and allow Biden to just answer non-loaded questions for two hours. I mean, let's say the Patriots went to play the Packers and the Patriots said "we also want to receive a kickoff to start the third quarter and the Packers can't bring their offensive coordinator, or else we won't play" the NFL would just say "No, that's fucking stupid" hopefully on live TV.

NFL reference because Trump also wants the days moved so they don't conflict with the NFL. Which is an interesting move, considering Trump employee Fauci said NFL might not happen at all (possibly phrased that way as a polite suggestion) and that Goodell-Kaepernick thing making Trump threaten to boycott the NFL anyhow.

Best of my knowledge, the NFL hasn't moved or canceled games yet but might not have fans in attendance for some. Such as Cleveland games, AHZING

The first presidential debate, when the incumbent President Trump will face off against Joe Biden, will be held on Tuesday, September 29 at the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. The second presidential debate will take place at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor on Thursday, October 15, and the final debate is set for Thursday, October 22 at Belmont University in Nashville.
    This move by Trump's campaign is admission they know they're losing, and more importantly, groundwork for Trump to yell "Rigged!" and blame them when he cancels.

- - - Updated - - -

FOX News to interview Bolton.

The House to grill FB, Twitter, etc over election security. As in "are you stopping Russian bots and fake news from being used in political campaigns?"

Facebook takes down Trump ads for literally having Nazi symbols, holy shit.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-06-18 at 07:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wish there was a facepalm emote on this forum.
    I have two you can borrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Is anyone clear on what happens in an Infrastructure Week? .
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, technically we've only had the one Infrastructure WEEK as named by Trump's administration. That one was, yep, interrupted by literal Nazis carrying literal torches in literal American streets. And the plan never made it off posterboard and into Congress. So, based on 100% of the results so far, Infrastructure Week isn't about any of those three things, it's about declaring your love for the master race, then murdering someone in cold blood in public.
    Holy shit, I was being sarcastic.

Facebook on Thursday took down Trump campaign ads against antifa that prominently featured a symbol used by Nazis to designate political prisoners, a spokesperson for the company confirmed to The Hill.

“We removed these posts and ads for violating our policy against organized hate," Facebook said in a statement.

"Our policy prohibits using a banned hate group's symbol to identify political prisoners without the context that condemns or discusses the symbol.”

The ads featured an inverted red triangle, which was used by Nazis to identify political opponents including communists, social democrats and liberals.

The symbol was included in ads run by pages for President Trump, Vice President Pence and "Team Trump" alongside text warning readers of “Dangerous MOBS of far-left groups" and asking them to sign a petition against antifa, a loose group of radical activists that use direct action to fight against fascism.

Just the ads on Trump's page were seen as many 950,000 times before being taken down.

The Trump campaign is defending using the image, calling it a "common Antifa symbol" in a statement to The Hill.

The most common symbol used to identify antifa is a black and red flag inside a circle.

He didn't stop tweeting there, though!

"This is all about me and how mean people are to me."
    What's the thing about repeating the 2nd amendment ad nauseam and forgetting about every other amendment?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

IS INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK BACK?! I sure hope so.
    Sorry, canceled because of Nazis boogaloos this time around.

Plays to his gun-toting, god-fearing base.

I like guns. I also know that guns are a mere tool and a very dangerous one if treated without respect. They are not an extension of my phallic organ, and will never be (and women will not throw themselves to me because i own an AR-15 or whatever weapon i happen to own in my country, as AR-15s are illegal here).

Trumpers, you cant fuck your .556 semi-auto rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    What's the thing about repeating the 2nd amendment ad nauseam and forgetting about every other amendment?
    Don’t let the irony of complaining about a shot gun to the face, get in the way of complaining about 2nd amendment. What a maroon...

Edit: Just to clarify, using euphemism that denote extreme violence of guns, such as “shotgun blast to the face”... is a bit stupid, when arguing someone else is attacking gun rights. You can’t use euphemism about scary guns, to defend guns...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-18 at 07:37 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    FOX News to interview Bolton.

The House to grill FB, Twitter, etc over election security. As in "are you stopping Russian bots and fake news from being used in political campaigns?"

Facebook takes down Trump ads for literally having Nazi symbols, holy shit.
    Your third link was the same as the first. I think you meant this article by CNN.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sorry, canceled because of Nazis boogaloos this time around.
    For you:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Your third link was the same as the first. I think you meant this article by CNN.
    Oh, well it's everywhere, but it's also now an entirely separate post. Safest link I've broken so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I like guns. I also know that guns are a mere tool and a very dangerous one if treated without respect. They are not an extension of my phallic organ, and will never be (and women will not throw themselves to me because i own an AR-15 or whatever weapon i happen to own in my country, as AR-15s are illegal here).

Trumpers, you cant fuck your .556 semi-auto rifle.
    Don't give them ideas! Oh wait, DO give them ideas. We'll let natural selection take care of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, well it's everywhere, but it's also now an entirely separate post. Safest link I've broken so far.
    I love the excuse... it’s pretty much... ‘AntiFa wears them to call Trump fascist... what’s wrong with Trump using it?’... no self awareness that they are agreeing to being fascist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

sorry but can someone explain to me how this book coming out is both fake and made up.....and giving away top secret information???

how can it be top secret if its all made up??

I am so confused....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sorry but can someone explain to me how this book coming out is both fake and made up.....and giving away top secret information???

I am so confused....
    The Trumper's Cat: It's both fake and giving away classified info at the same time, and until you open the book and check with other sources, you cant know which is which.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I want you to go back and read what Spicer said about unemployment numbers.

Second of all, we have our first confirmation.

A speechwriter for former Defense Secretary James Mattis took to Twitter late Wednesday to say he “can confirm” a controversial claim in John Bolton’s bombshell book The Room Where It Happened. Guy Snodgrass wrote, “Bolton alleges Trump privately told him reporters deserve prison. ‘These people should be executed. They are scumbags.' Can confirm. This sentiment expressed again [and again] during Trump's meeting with Mattis in the Pentagon.”

10+ Year Old Account

I am so confused....
    Oh, dude... easy... some people say it’s like a cat in a box, that is both dead and alive... until you open it... I say nay!!! Different episode of Big Bang Theory... It’s the holy trinity... that book is tops secret (BatMan), an official lie (Wonder Woman) and common knowledge (Superman), at the same time. Do not question our lord Trump!!!

I am so confused....
    It is in the same line of thinking that Democrats are lazy do nothings that are always beta cucked by the pure alpha male magnetism of Donald Trump while at the same time they are this world controlling shadow cabal that thwart Trump at every turn. It makes no sense that even a young child could poke a hole in that paper thin logic.