Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah... what happened? Normally the weekends are rather slow in news.
    this
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...and-Trump-knew

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yep - horrific, in every conceivable way. @<a href="https://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=682206" target="_blank">Breccia</a> linked some timelines that show the Dipshit-in-Chief started classifying and withholdling-from-the-public normally public information right around the time Trump learned about the bounties.

- - - Updated - - -

The Lincoln project already moved on this, too:

The good news is that the US didn't set a daily new cases record today. The bad news is it was still over 43k.

Florida and Georgia both DID set new records. Texas went over 6k again. And I'm not sure I've ever seen Nevada over 1k (I may have missed it) but it was today.

Deaths were again not much lower than the previous Saturday, with the total now standing at 128,152.

The next two days will be underreported, as usual, so we won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday if we have reached the peak of the current outbreaks--which are STILL, technically, part of the FIRST wave--or if they are continuing into next week.

Given how much has come out the past week in terms of this TRUMP SHITSHOW not only fucking up the response but also purposefully pushing false data to get people to die for the economy, I don't expect people will be forgetting this anytime soon. I certainly hope Texas is taking note.

Fuck Florida.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not going to link directly to his Twitter but the long and short of it, Cheeto-in-Chief appears to be making posts targeting protesters for harassment.

Let's see if Twitter actually does anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So I'm not going to link directly to his Twitter but the long and short of it, Cheeto-in-Chief appears to be making posts targeting protesters for harassment.

Let's see if Twitter actually does anything.
    Reported for targeted harassment. (The Tweets, not you, in case that wasn't clear.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Reported for targeted harassment. (The Tweets, not you, in case that wasn't clear.)
    I've reported all of them too, lol.

It's obvious deflection from the fact that the Republican Party is complicit in the deaths of American troops in Afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    With nearly laser-like precision, the United States have almost exactly 25% of COVID-19 cases and also deaths.

World: about 10M cases, 500k deaths
    US: 2.5M cases, 125k deaths

The US is nowhere near 25% of the population, and quite frankly, even if China, Iran and Russia are all lying by an order of magnitude, we're still dramatically disproportionate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A lot more in the article itself, along with relevant media
    CNN has your back. Wanna see the video of the stickers being removed?

Team Trump is pushing the narrative that they followed all the rules, despite video evidence of that not being the case. Because facts, evidence, and reality are all showing that Trump is a lying loser, and therefore, Trump supporters must abandon those.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been a mass shooting in Louisville, Kentucky at a BLM protest there. Someone was livestreaming the protests to Facebook and managed to catch the gunman and the moment he opened fire on video.

Careful what you click on, because the video is horrific and heart breaking.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    There has been a mass shooting in Louisville, Kentucky at a BLM protest there. Someone was livestreaming the protests to Facebook and managed to catch the gunman and the moment he opened fire on video.
    Without seeing any source at all, I'm going to guess the protest was peaceful and the shooter was a white male with an assault rifle.

How close was I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Without seeing any source at all, I'm going to guess the protest was peaceful and the shooter was a white male with an assault rifle.

How close was I?
    You got the race right, but the weapon wrong. Hand gun. I've seen one report claiming he was asked to leave the protest and came back with a gun, another claiming it as a homeless guy who somehow got his hands on a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This happened today? I am having a hard time finding anything about this if so, do you have a link?
    I first started seeing reports about it on Twitter at 9 PM EST, so it would have happened about 7 PM local time.

*sigh* You're going to make me do this?

CONTENT WARNING!

The moment the gunman opened fire on the protesters, caught on video. The gunman is the white guy in the maroon tanktop.

I tried spoiler tagging the link but the spoiler insert kept breaking the damn link.

Here is a news article on the shooting that I found, but it's pretty bare bones.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-06-28 at 03:53 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

"There were fine people on both sides. Now watch me classify BLM as terrorists" -tRump tweet in 3..2..1..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    GDPR warning? Do you have a source not written on sites run by idiots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    GDPR warning? Do you have a source not written on sites run by idiots?
    Considering that the story is still breaking/developing, sources are kinda hard to come across.

Here's another, but it's pay-walled.

And another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Florida and Georgia both DID set new records. Texas went over 6k again. And I'm not sure I've ever seen Nevada over 1k (I may have missed it) but it was today.
    Five states hit new records. Obviously Florida and Georgia were two. You were right about Nevada, they doubled their record. The other two states are South Carolina and Arizona.

As a reminder, Pence was due to hold rallies in two of those states, but canceled them to be safe. Trump, meanwhile, held one-third of a rally in Tulsa during a spike.

Kami Kim, director of the Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine at the University of South Florida, said her state’s leaders claimed victory too soon after lockdowns were lifted starting in early May, while giving off conflicting messages on face coverings by not wearing masks themselves.

“It was just complete denial by a huge swath of the politicians,” she said, predicting that the state may need to shut down again. “Unfortunately, our community still isn’t taking it very seriously. People aren’t wearing masks.”

In Texas, a state that was on the vanguard of letting people get back to work, Texas Governor Greg Abbott ordered bars across the state to close and required restaurants to limit indoor seating, acknowledging that in hindsight he had opened bars too soon.

Despite skyrocketing case numbers, both Abbott and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis have not bowed to pressure to issue statewide mandates on wearing masks, opting to leave that decision to local municipalities.

Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College in Houston, said he fears that daily cases in the Houston area could more than triple to 4,000 by mid-July, making it the main global hot spot by then.

“We need to implement more aggressive social distancing measures now,” the renowned vaccine scientist said.

In Texas, a state that was on the vanguard of letting people get back to work, Texas Governor Greg Abbott ordered bars across the state to close and required restaurants to limit indoor seating, acknowledging that in hindsight he had opened bars too soon.
    Can hindsight really be claimed when every expert was telling him not to, that this was exactly what would happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Can hindsight really be claimed when every expert was telling him not to, that this was exactly what would happen?
    Well, it's hindsight for him. Texas and Florida seemed pretty dismissive of the problem back when New York City was the focus, almost as if they didn't see anything from a single medical expert, including Trump's. We're talking "point of view" to an almost Anakin Skywalker level here.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not in the medical profession. So perhaps my opinion is not shared.

But as a statistician, I believe a flawed test is arguably worse than no test at all. Unreliable results are not results. They're garbage. Especially in this case -- the article says 20% accurate, which is figuratively and damn near literally Russian Roulette there. We knew earlier they were defective, and again, they were rushed, so I think people understand. But continuing to use a test you know is that badly flawed isn't desperation, it's propagation of misinformation.
    I assume 20% accurate means "only catches 20% of tests"? Otherwise, for a truly binary result, 20% accurate is identical to 80% accurate. Just do the opposite of what the test says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The entirety of Trump's presidency has been one long case of "this bad thing that was inevitable without, or happened due to a lack of, competent leadership? Yeah, it happened." This resurgence of the coronavirus after people did almost nothing to stop and merely decided "they were tired of dealing with it" is just another in a long chain of this nonsense, the exacerbation of such situations by Trump's adherents throughout US leadership being no exception.

I constantly feel like Ian Malcolm sitting in the passenger seat of the car watching the T. Rex escape...

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lincoln Project ads are great but I never seen them anywhere other than the specific linked video. On the other hand I see Trumps attack ads against Biden all over the place. I hope the people behind the ads are just holding off until closer to the election to save money.