He’s now full on tweeting satire or people mocking him thinking it’s legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He’s now full on tweeting satire or people mocking him thinking it’s legit.
    I mean...browsing the bablyon bee twitter feed for a couple minutes, and it looks less like "satire" and more like "Republican talking points dressed up as 'comedy.'"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...browsing the bablyon bee twitter feed for a couple minutes, and it looks less like "satire" and more like "Republican talking points dressed up as 'comedy.'"
    It's like a Colbert Show type satire site. It's a little too on the nose to differentiate it from The Onion.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It's like a Colbert Show type satire site. It's a little too on the nose to differentiate it from The Onion.
    So they're just bad comedians? Got it.

3+ Year Old Account
    republican talking points are beyond parody. It's like Ben Shaprio bragging about being a virgin until he was married and thinking a woman's vagina being wet means something is wrong. how can you even make fun of that? you just hear it and the laughs come on their own.

That's what good satire is dingus.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That's what good satire is dingus.
    eh...maybe my expectations are too high. I've never considered stuff of the caliber of the "attack helicopter" joke to be particularly good satire.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    33,981 new cases, a little over 1k more than the previous Sunday.

California: 3,817 new cases; 35 deaths
    Texas: 2,757 new cases; 67 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 1,992 new cases; 11 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,624 new cases; 27 deaths
    Alabama: 1,346 new cases; 10 deaths
    Georgia: 1,215 new cases; 28 deaths
    Missouri: 1,161 new cases; no deaths reported
    South Carolina: 1,075 new cases; 11 deaths
    Ohio: 1,013 new cases; 6 deaths

No big surprises given that it's the weekend and reporting is down. Tomorrow probably won't be any more illuminating. Tuesday will give us a better picture of where things stand now and given the trends from the past week I'm guessing: bad.

371 deaths, down by a good bit from last week. The national total stands at 187,224.

Heading to the surgeon tomorrow for a check-up on my leg and by the feel of it I'm going to have to brace myself for some disappointing news, so I'm cutting this short and getting some shuteye.

Stay safe, folks.
    It's dropping - every week the new case count is dropping. And it's NOT because there aren't new cases - it seems the Pubs are closing down as much testing as possible, so their numbers look good in Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's dropping - every week the new case count is dropping. And it's NOT because there aren't new cases - it seems the Pubs are closing down as much testing as possible, so their numbers look good in Nov.
    ...So you haven't been reading the first line of the reports I've been doing this week showing them staying the same or going up? Including today?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    ...So you haven't been reading the first line of the reports I've been doing this week showing them staying the same or going up? Including today?
    So...apparently I have NOT. That is not optimal - apologies.

(report summaries are always overrated..?...no, I got nothing).
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-08-31 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this one. We've seen the ads Trump is trying to push of scenes of riots claiming "this is Biden's America" including the one at the TNC.

We've already said "um, that's Trump's America, it's happening right now".

However, we might have left out that some of the footage showing "Biden's America" were from Spain. Trump is trying to find media to demonize Biden, but ran out and had to outsource -- which completely defeats the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Our Ruling

Trump said Biden "is even talking about taking the wall down."

Biden has not said that. Biden opposes construction of barriers at the border, but has not said he would demolish existing structures.

Trump’s claim is inaccurate. We rate it False.
    Our Ruling

Trump said that Cuomo "ended cash bail" and now the crime rate has gone up. The White House offered no evidence in support of this claim.

Cuomo signed changes to cash bail into law, but many violent felonies and other crimes, such as sex offenses, are still eligible for bail.

In New York City, some violent crimes have increased, but not all violent crimes.

Crime researchers we spoke with said that more analysis is needed to determine whether the changes to cash bail have led to any increase in crime, but there is not strong evidence suggesting that. In fact, preliminary analyses do not support Trump's claim.

We rate Trump’s claim False.
    Our Ruling

Trump said that Biden "deserted you. … I guess he was born here, but he left you, folks. He left you for another state."

Biden was only 10 when his family moved from Scranton to Delaware, but he maintained ties, to various degrees, for the rest of his youth and adulthood. Moreover, in the Senate he was sometimes called "Pennsylvania’s third senator" due to his close attention to legislation affecting neighboring Pennsylvania.

The statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate the statement Mostly False.
    "Hey, that one's from last year!"

He just repeated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I like this one. We've seen the ads Trump is trying to push of scenes of riots claiming "this is Biden's America" including the one at the TNC.

We've already said "um, that's Trump's America, it's happening right now".

However, we might have left out that some of the footage showing "Biden's America" were from Spain. Trump is trying to find media to demonize Biden, but ran out and had to outsource -- which completely defeats the point.
    well if you read between the lines its very scary because by bidens america what he really means is institutions congress/courts holding him back, if they werent i truly believe he would be as authoritarian and violent as possible, remember his original plan was " when the looting starts the shooting starts "

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Herman Cain claims Covid-19 "Not that deadly". This newsflash comes after Herman Cain contracted Covid-19 and died.

This is some Monty Python level parody, but in reality. I really want to be respectful, since the man did die, but come the fuck on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Herman Cain claims Covid-19 "Not that deadly". This newsflash comes after Herman Cain contracted Covid-19 and died.

This is some Monty Python level parody, but in reality. I really want to be respectful, since the man did die, but come the fuck on people.
    Bright side is that no rational person can look at that and think “well there you go, I was right in thinking it was overblown.” Maybe a rational Trump supporter (lol?) can think “hm that’s bs, maybe other sources I’ve seen saying that same stuff are also bs?” I know, I know, just let me dream.

I saw this yesterday, typed up something pithy to post here about it and deleted it. This is (at least) the second time they've done this to the dead guy's account and I can't decide if I'm more angry or amused by it. Twitter should have deleted the account by now if it's going to be this level of disrespectful, honestly, particularly when it's disseminating such misinformation.

supporting Trump through the account of your dead family member is one thing. But how on earth do you live with yourself when you proclaim that Covid is not as deadly when he literally died from it.

How fucked up do you have to be to put out stuff like that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    the account of your dead family member
    I'd assume it's more likely someone who worked for him. a secretary he used to dictate comments to or something, and now their new job is to disrespect their dead boss by putting lies in his dead mouth. still really screwed up though

I'm trying to decide if I'm a terrible person for laughing that the sheer irony of that tweet.

At some point, the utter refusal to acknowledge reality has be overcome... right?

I might just be an overly cynical person sometimes, but in the case of this tweeting about Covid-19 not being deadly from a dead man's account, I can't help but think of the riddle from the latest Batman trailer... 'What does a liar do when he's dead?' - 'He lies still.'

I know that he is dead an not lying himself anymore, of course, it's someone else doing it for him and in his name, but lies are his legacy. Maybe some people can learn a lesson from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook is a fascinating ecosystem.

I got a friend who was an avid Trump supporter in 2016.

Now he's posting all sorts of "Both sides are bad!!!" memes every day.

Like dude . . . lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I might just be an overly cynical person sometimes, but in the case of this tweeting about Covid-19 not being deadly from a dead man's account, I can't help but think of the riddle from the latest Batman trailer... 'What does a liar do when he's dead?' - 'He lies still.'

I know that he is dead an not lying himself anymore, of course, it's someone else doing it for him and in his name, but lies are his legacy. Maybe some people can learn a lesson from that.
    Narrator: They won't.
    Putin khuliyo