Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Anna Chapman, one of the Russian spies that was traded for Skripal in 2010, is also a huge Trump advocate. She is also a model and social media influencer... I like to show what happens to Russian spies caught in US.
    Well, as punishment, they get to be one of the many Trump mistresses.

trump is very hard at work for the working people in ohio at those diner focus groups
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/philipp...ennifer-laude/
    Trump personally campaigned for this person to be released, not focusing on the pandemic, or getting mitch to pass covid relief

i joke about the diner thing, but if your a realist that really is what they voted for, they dont care about the whole economic anxiety meme, they just want to punish social progressives.

this whole trans rights issue seems to be the #1 issue people go full fash over(now that the immigration wave is pretty much over), so as a matter policy to prevent the fash i do think maybe the left should just avoid talking about it all together, but cmon can we atleast draw the line at murder. what happened to all lives matter?
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-09-07 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, as punishment, they get to be one of the many Trump mistresses.
    As we've seen, "take one for the team!" is now something every Trump supporter must now admit htey support. Oh, did I forget the 24 hour challenge for that? Fuck it, too late now.

I refuse to watch the propaganda today. Much obliged in advance to those posting the bullet points later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...t0KgyT3Glow9_k

This is just... oh so yummy. The trifecta is complete. The US has abandoned its long time allies in favour of courting favors with Russia, North Korea and Al Quaida. This is so delicious. As far as plot twists go... touché, history. This is a good one. I did not see this coming for 2020 at all.

Enjoy your discussion of a traitor running the US.
    Gretchen Wieners: “I don’t think my uncle, the inventor of Al Qaeda, would be very pleased to hear about this.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The fucking gull to warn of another 9/11, by a Bin Laden relative if Trump is not elected, is precious...
    ...but...9/11 happened under a Republican president.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...but...9/11 happened under a Republican president.
    So what!!!!!!!! At least the Repubs didn't train and arm them.......oh wait......

Yeah, ok but we had to train them to fight Russia our mortal enemy........oh wait....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I mean, I'm not saying she's a radical Islamist. But her name still should disqualify her from commenting on US politics, if only out of respect for the victims her uncle caused.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile on reddit they are defending her. She can't be blamed for her uncle, etc. etc.
    Yet Biden is blamed for his son somehow.

guilt by association only covers people they don't like

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yet Biden is blamed for his son somehow.
    What did his son do?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

What did his son do?
    Accepted a position he apparently wasn't qualified for, so the right is SCREAMING "nepotism!" while ignoring their own side. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Accepted a position he apparently wasn't qualified for, so the right is SCREAMING "nepotism!" while ignoring their own side. Again.
    There are really no qualifications to be on the board of directors of any company. I'm on the board if a local hospital. I knew jack shit about health care or hospitals, but I ran a successful business in the community.

Like, are we talking something important here? He accepted a position as a surgeon with his only experience being playing the Mr. Surgeon boardgame? Or is this something laughable, like taking a PR position of some local state agency nobody gives a shit about because the biggest PR news in recent years has literally been "Yeah, on Mr. Andersons backyard a tree fell over!"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    There are really no qualifications to be on the board of directors of any company. I'm on the board if a local hospital. I knew jack shit about health care or hospitals, but I ran a successful business in the community.
    Which is why I put "apparently". It's the GOP's main bugbear. I couldn't care less.

Like, are we talking something important here? He accepted a position as a surgeon with his only experience being playing the Mr. Surgeon boardgame? Or is this something laughable, like taking a PR position of some local state agency nobody gives a shit about because the biggest PR news in recent years has literally been "Yeah, on Mr. Andersons backyard a tree fell over!"
    The board for a Ukrainian natural gas producer. So really they're screaming "nepotism!" while at the same time trying to make various conspiracy theories fit around his position there. There's nothing there--they've looked--but that hasn't stopped them from trying to manufacture something for the past year or so. Most here speculate that that's what the "October surprise" from the GOP is going to be.

There's no real requirement for joining a board of directors. Generally they want people to compliment their leadership, like having a lawyer or accountant on the board. Hunter has been on other boards so I figure he was qualified enough.

Most here speculate that that's what the "October surprise" from the GOP is going to be.
    nah, they're all going to dress as Orange Hitler for Halloween

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    There's no real requirement for joining a board of directors. Generally they want people to compliment their leadership, like having a lawyer or accountant on the board. Hunter has been on other boards so I figure he was qualified enough.
    That and I imagine the clout of having a (former) Vice President's son on their board of directors would've been too good to pass up. Like I'll admit Joe's position likely played a part in getting Hunter his, but not because Joe put pressure on the company to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I put "apparently". It's the GOP's main bugbear. I couldn't care less.

The board for a Ukrainian natural gas producer. So really they're screaming "nepotism!" while at the same time trying to make various conspiracy theories fit around his position there. There's nothing there--they've looked--but that hasn't stopped them from trying to manufacture something for the past year or so. Most here speculate that that's what the "October surprise" from the GOP is going to be.
    Honestly it's a bold move to hammer the "NEPOTISM!!!' nail onto Biden when Trump Jr, Ivinka, and Kushner all have cushy federal jobs despite the lot of them being hilariously unqualified. But the GoP wouldn't have standards if they didn't have double-standards.

Yeah, ok, that's ridiculous. One family killed 3 thousand people, toppled the twin towers and the US into a state of permanent emotional angst about basically anything, the other is... a board of director position in a foreign business. Not even close. I'm gonna ignore that as Trumpkin drivel. Thanks for explaining, though.

LOL OJ Simpson was on the board of directors of multiple companies....

if that tells you anything about requirements.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    So remember that payroll tax deferral that nobody is doing because nobody's willing to gamble that Trump will win next year and also somehow get the ability from Congress to forgive the deferral?

Apparently, federal employees are force-added to the list. Yep, they are required to defer their taxes. They don't get to opt out like nearly everyone else.

It's also worth noting that businesses are still asking questions that the IRS hasn't answered, like "how do we get the money back if the employee doesn't want to pay?"