10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What the actual fuck? Do these guys constantly listen to Rush or Hannity on AM radio and Fox News when they aren't working? Because everything they just said, is fucking batshit insane.
    yes, but its while they are working
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    yes, but its while they are working
    Yeah, I meant Rush and Hannity while they are working and Fox News when they aren't. Cuz that is how delusional they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the actual fuck? Do these guys constantly listen to Rush or Hannity on AM radio and Fox News when they aren't working? Because everything they just said, is fucking batshit insane.
    They do. Story Time:

My wife and I started taking over her mothers' cabinetry business this year, business has been good and we've been the first people to actually help her run the company in years- unfortunately, her mother is a fanatic Trump supporter. Like, listens to OANN, Fox, Hannity, Limbaugh; all the talking heads who preach hysteria. In the two months she's started attending rallies, took out a 160k EIDL loan putting our vehicle fleet and warehouse as collateral- then spent 13k having TRUMP/PENCE decals applied to our fleet. She says if Trump wins reelection he'll erase all the debt. If Biden wins she's selling everything and declaring bankruptcy.

These people have abandoned all reason or logic, any sense whatsoever- they're a danger to themselves and everyone around them. We gave her a card to my wifes' personal account and she wracked up another 2k in Trump donations. While we're trying to get a house. So- so- so close to the brink, it's absolutely unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    They do. Story Time:

My wife and I started taking over her mothers' cabinetry business this year, business has been good and we've been the first people to actually help her run the company in years- unfortunately, her mother is a fanatic Trump supporter. Like, listens to OANN, Fox, Hannity, Limbaugh; all the talking heads who preach hysteria. In the two months she's started attending rallies, took out a 160k EIDL loan putting our vehicle fleet and warehouse as collateral- then spent 13k having TRUMP/PENCE decals applied to our fleet. She says if Trump wins reelection he'll erase all the debt. If Biden wins she's selling everything and declaring bankruptcy.

These people have abandoned all reason or logic, any sense whatsoever- they're a danger to themselves and everyone around them. We gave her a card to my wifes' personal account and she wracked up another 2k in Trump donations. While we're trying to get a house. So- so- so close to the brink, it's absolutely unfathomable.
    Wow, that is the most delusional thing I have ever heard. Trump and everything they have going, will not wipe out that debt. As that has nothing to do with Covid and has nothing to do with anything but stupidity. My stepdad wears a KAG hat once in a while and has a Trump 2016 sticker on his truck, but he has never been allowed to listen to AM radio or watch Fox News in the house. The problem is, he has dumbasses on Facebook that feed him racism and lies, and he believes it. My mom would probably cut off his balls if he ever tried to donate to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I were you, and her mother did those donations based on your card, I would declare that fraudulent and sue, personally. I would never allow anyone to donate to a campaign, using my card if I didn't support them. Hell, eve if I supported them, I wouldn't allow someone else donate, using my account, in their name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is the most delusional thing I have ever heard. Trump and everything they have going, will not wipe out that debt. As that has nothing to do with Covid and has nothing to do with anything but stupidity. My stepdad wears a KAG hat once in a while and has a Trump 2016 sticker on his truck, but he has never been allowed to listen to AM radio or watch Fox News in the house. The problem is, he has dumbasses on Facebook that feed him racism and lies, and he believes it. My mom would probably cut off his balls if he ever tried to donate to him.
    Both of her daughters are telling her to delete Facebook because half her day is spent chain smoking and sharing insane shit on Facebook while listening to OANN full blast AT A ACTIVE JOB SITE. We've been stressing to her that she is going to tank this business because she's offending anyone with an even slightly liberal bend, she's done two jobs (3200 and ~4000) for free to Trump campaign staff because it's her "patriotic duty". She seriously started an "evil democrats" rant out at dinner when I told her other son in law (who owns his own business,) that if he was going to defer payroll taxes that he should save that amount for when it comes due: but of course that reality is "FAKE NEWSSSS."

It'd be funny- because the stereotypical pain in the ass Mother in Law; but she's seriously ratfucking the future of her daughter, myself- and even herself. This is also a woman who was registered Democrat until 2016. Voted for Obama twice. Now he's a communist Muslim terrorist bent on destroying America and legalizing pedophilia.

What. The. Fuck.

Edit: We ninja'd her copy of the card back, but she's since been using the company card and account to donate. And she doesn't even claim donations of any kind on her taxes so it's not like it's a elaborate big brain move. God my stomach aches just typing it all out, first time in almost a year I've posted but saw the posts above and just can't not lament. Wife and I keep our Facebooks sterile so we don't piss off either side because it's our fucking livelihood.
    Last edited by Joathen; 2020-09-14 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    Both of her daughters are telling her to delete Facebook because half her day is spent chain smoking and sharing insane shit on Facebook while listening to OANN full blast AT A ACTIVE JOB SITE. We've been stressing to her that she is going to tank this business because she's offending anyone with an even slightly liberal bend, she's done two jobs (3200 and ~4000) for free to Trump campaign staff because it's her "patriotic duty". She seriously started an "evil democrats" rant out at dinner when I told her other son in law (who owns his own business,) that if he was going to defer payroll taxes that he should save that amount for when it comes due: but of course that reality is "FAKE NEWSSSS."

It'd be funny- because the stereotypical pain in the ass Mother in Law; but she's seriously ratfucking the future of her daughter, myself- and even herself. This is also a woman who was registered Democrat until 2016. Voted for Obama twice. Now he's a communist Muslim terrorist bent on destroying America and legalizing pedophilia.

What. The. Fuck.
    Yeah, I would hate to be in your shoes, but my step father voted Democrat until the Black guy won the nomination, has been Republican since. He is pretty racist, but he loves sports teams that are mostly minorities. But they whine if anyone kneels, cuz they don't listen to the actual reason for kneeling, they believe the racist narrative from people from Fox News and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why does Trump keep making awards up? The latest is the "Bay of Pigs Award."

This man's brain is addled and sees anything it can as accolades.
    I mean, who would want an award like that? Who would name an award like that?

Because his base eats it up.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

It goes on his shelf right next to his "Revolutionary War Airport Guard Award". Which was presented to him by Fredrick Douglas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, who would want an award like that? Who would name an award like that?
    An award named after a monumental failure? Seems like a legit award for the Trump Presidency.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Bay of Pigs thing is his mental deterioration causing confusion, as per usual. He was endorsed by the Bay of Pigs Vets Association in 2016 and now thinks they gave him an award.
    I am confused as to how they aren't all losers and suckers. Doesn't he like invasions that don't fail? How is he shitting on people in the graveyards of Normandy, and trumpeting Bay of Pigs like it was the greatest victory ever?

(Note: I am not saying they are losers or suckers, or anything disparaging about the group of veterans of it, just commenting on the inconsistent logic of it all)

10+ Year Old Account

Next up, the "9/11 Award" and the "Pearl Harbor Award"!

Around 32k new cases and 392 deaths. The total is now 198,520. Wisconsin has AGAIN posted a new record at 1,582 new cases, so I'm fairly sure it can't just be attributed to the holiday lull last week any longer. North Dakota posted their second-highest total (highest was yesterday). Not great news considering it's the weekend.

Sorry this is brief, but I was busy watching a whole cast of my heroes reuniting to do a table read of The Princess Bride to benefit Wisconsin Democrats and it's not like there's usually much to analyze from Sunday reports anyway.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    An award named after a monumental failure? Seems like a legit award for the Trump Presidency.
    A monumental failure that many Cuban American's to this day still hate democrats for no less. Not that his grasp on history or that he cares about the reason he was endorsed by the association, because he doesn't care about them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When you join the military you take an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.
    So does the president... but swearing an oath doesn't hinder him ignoring the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So does the president... but swearing an oath doesn't hinder him ignoring the constitution.
    With all the bullshit Trump has pulled I don't see them supporting him in a coup d'état.
    From abandoning US allies in Libya, assaults on veterans, the bounties on US soldiers in Iraq by Putin, ect ect.

Even without all that baggage it wouldn't be happening.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

that's why we're lucky that Trump is as stupid as he is. somebody who was as corrupt but actually had a brain would be really dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Wisconsin has AGAIN posted a new record at 1,582 new cases, so I'm fairly sure it can't just be attributed to the holiday lull last week any longer.
    Schools are back now in Wisconsin and at least half are doing in-person teaching. Very likely the reason for the spike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I kinda feel like this might be something the military top brass should make a statement and get out ahead of. This is an unbelievably dangerous thing to say (even for a shitheel like Stone) given the current political climate. I know we have a few frequent posters in the thread with a military background and I’d love to get their take on it.
    USAF Reserves here. Never had a very significant military job though, closest to battle was me in Kuwait sending troops north to fight (or more likely advise on) the Battle of Mosul in Oct 2016.

The oath I took was to defend the US Constitution, not the President, not Congress, not anything else. If Trump is a domestic enemy of the Constitution, if it comes down to a military response (which, pray to god it doesn't,) then the military should remember the oath is to the constitution.

But the key word there is "should."

Will they?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://twitter.com/MattGarrahan/sta...52220325584896
    just think these guys will decide the election
    "He shoots off his mouth but at least he shows he's honest"

Fucking really?

20,000 lies in 4 years, but he's "honest?"

The fuck is wrong with these people? I've been against having intelligence tests for voting, especially since the south used them maliciously to disenfranchise black voters (not because black people are dumb, but because the south could selectively pick horribly worded questions and give *those* tests to the black voters and the easy tests to the white voters.) But honestly . . . starting to have second thoughts.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    USAF Reserves here. Never had a very significant military job though, closest to battle was me in Kuwait sending troops north to fight (or more likely advise on) the Battle of Mosul in Oct 2016.

The oath I took was to defend the US Constitution, not the President, not Congress, not anything else. If Trump is a domestic enemy of the Constitution, if it comes down to a military response (which, pray to god it doesn't,) then the military should remember the oath is to the constitution.

But the key word there is "should."

Will they?

- - - Updated - - -

"He shoots off his mouth but at least he shows he's honest"

Fucking really?

20,000 lies in 4 years, but he's "honest?"

The fuck is wrong with these people? I've been against having intelligence tests for voting, especially since the south used them maliciously to disenfranchise black voters (not because black people are dumb, but because the south could selectively pick horribly worded questions and give *those* tests to the black voters and the easy tests to the white voters.) But honestly . . . starting to have second thoughts.
    Some people confuse “saying the shit that comes to mind with no tact” with honesty.

To them, saying “it’s hard to be a white man these days!” is “the ultimate speaking the truth,” while saying something like “200,000 people died due to gross incompetence” is “not important/confusing the facts/a liberal conspiracy” and they’ll follow the person that said the former to the ends of the earth.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.