10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Back this up? How it could be a landslide, when he has consistently polled at the very least 7 points behind Biden (Which, AFAIK, is more than the biggest difference between Clinton and Trump at any point in 2016).
    Dont get me wrong, he can win, and it's even more possible with all of the ratfuckery that he's doing to the proccess, but i cant see a landslide win of Trump.
    Especially given the current evidence suggests a possible landslide for Biden. The Economist currently gives Biden a 7 in 8 chance of winning the Electoral College and a 19 in 20 chance of getting the most votes.

Five Thirty Eight currently gives Biden a 77 out of 100 chance of winning compared to Trumps 23 out of 100.

THe obvious caveats that these forecasts can and will change and have changed in the past. Things had narrowed around the conventions but Biden has regained his lead prior to the conventions over Trump since then.

But yeah, like you said, Trump could well win but the odds seem slim of that given Trump is a known quantity now, has never broken an aggregate 50% approval rating his entire time in office and done little to try and grow his base. Trump is his own worst enemy because he's so polarizing most people made up their minds about him a long time ago.

Charlie Cook wrote an op-ed where he argued that Trumps support ceiling is too low for him to win reelection. He also had an op-ed in the past that the whole reason the press is acting like this is a close race is in no small part due to scarring/trauma from 2016 and the polling issues then. Polling at the time he wrote the op-ed also gave Biden a 48% favorable rating to a 43% unfavorable compared to Trumps 40% favorable and 56% unfavorable.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-09-20 at 10:48 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post

Charlie Cook wrote an op-ed where he argued that Trumps support ceiling is too low for him to win reelection. He also had an op-ed in the past that the whole reason the press is acting like this is a close race is in no small part due to scarring/trauma from 2016 and the polling issues then.
    The trauma of 2016 is too great for everyone. And yeah, seeing 1 candidate polling 7 points apart from the other, and being anxious that he could lose is a thing that 2016 did.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Bookmark this page.

Trump landslide.

Easy win.
    Is this why this thread keeps getting it's page count reduced? Random posters deleting their "Trump's going to win!!!" posts once they realized he isn't so no one can point at their foolishness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The trauma of 2016 is too great for everyone. And yeah, seeing 1 candidate polling 7 points apart from the other, and being anxious that he could lose is a thing that 2016 did.
    Yeah, I'm terrified of a repeat of 2016. I've seen a lot of other Democrats with the same thinking, though, all saying 'Forget the polls, get your ass out and vote'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Yeah, I'm terrified of a repeat of 2016. I've seen a lot of other Democrats with the same thinking, though, all saying 'Forget the polls, get your ass out and vote'.
    Even if Democrats win, I guarantee Trump will claim he lost because of fraud and won't leave.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And really this is the attitude we MUST have in order to win. No assumptions of anything until Biden is making his acceptance speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Even if Democrats win, I guarantee Trump will claim he lost because of fraud and won't leave.
    There is some good news there - our Transition of Power process is pretty straight forward. The outgoing President (Resident in this case) doesn't have to do anything - they are just no longer President when the new one is sworn in. It's rather pleasantly straightforward.

as the old saying goes “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Which leads to another worry I have: What will Trumps cult do if he loses? Considering that Trump is preparing them to refuse to accept any outcome that doesn't end with him winning. If Trump loses he is all but guaranteed to be screeching 'fraud!', 'rigged!', 'stolen!' and his cult will be parroting that repeatedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    as the old saying goes “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
    My entire family requested mail-in ballots here in Florida and we are fortunate enough to live relatively close to our county election offices and were planning on physically dropping off our mail-in ballots there rather than risking Trump and DeJoys sabotage delaying the delivery of our ballots.

Which leads to another worry I have: What will Trumps cult do if he loses? Considering that Trump is preparing them to refuse to accept any outcome that doesn't end with him winning. If Trump loses he is all but guaranteed to be screeching 'fraud!', 'rigged!', 'stolen!' and his cult will be parroting that repeatedly.
    Considering the terrorist attacks they have carried out in the last few years based on his rhetoric, and the video I saw the other day, some are batshit insane enough and Qtard followers insane enough to carry out mass attacks.

Alright so I guess we are back here for SCOTUS discussion.

Yes, its great a couple of GOP Senators said "no" to a nomination and vote til after the election. But they can have a few say the "put up a good fight". Romney I believe the most and Collins is full of crap.

It looks to be over and they have the votes. The Dems next move is to pack the courts. Now will the electing public like the Dems doing this? Probably not which again, the Democrats are such wimps will they back down from this. Getting too far ahead but let's see if the Dems have a backbone if they win Senate and Presidency.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

So he will pull a page from the democrats that spent 3 years saying that Hillary didn't lose?

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    So he will pull a page from the democrats that spent 3 years saying that Hillary didn't lose?
    Point me to anywhere, where people are saying that Hillary didn't lose. Just one fucking example.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Alright so I guess we are back here for SCOTUS discussion.

Yes, its great a couple of GOP Senators said "no" to a nomination and vote til after the election. But they can have a few say the "put up a good fight". Romney I believe the most and Collins is full of crap.

It looks to be over and they have the votes. The Dems next move is to pack the courts. Now will the electing public like the Dems doing this? Probably not which again, the Democrats are such wimps will they back down from this. Getting too far ahead but let's see if the Dems have a backbone if they win Senate and Presidency.
    Question, If Trump nominates Barbara Lagoa for the spot, would the democrats really be upset? I am curious, I mean she got approved for her current spot with 80 votes in the senate and only 15 against. So they must have liked her then.

Question, If Trump nominates Barbara Lagoa for the spot, would the democrats really be upset? I am curious, I mean she got approved for her current spot with 80 votes in the senate and only 15 against. So they must have liked her then.
    Based in the rules the GOP set in 2016, they are hypocrites of the highest order if they so much as hold hearings in a Trump nominee, let alone vote to confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Based in the rules the GOP set in 2016, they are hypocrites of the highest order if they so much as hold hearings in a Trump nominee, let alone vote to confirm.
    Exactly, Obama nominated Garland with 9 months before the election, right now we have what? 43 days? To go? I don't remember what it is, I just know it is less than 2 months. And if the Republicans even try, they should all be voted out.

33,344 new cases, a little over 1k more than two weeks ago. The US also passed 7 million confirmed cases.

California: 2,784 new cases; 31 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Tennessee: 2,075 new cases; 2 deaths
    Texas: 2,058 new cases; 34 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,665 new cases; 1 death
    Illinois: 1,402 new cases; 14 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,333 new cases; 8 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,296 new cases; 2 deaths
    Georgia: 1,134 new cases; 3 deaths
    Missouri: 1,051 new cases; 17 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,003 new cases; 3 deaths

Not much to say except the trend for the past week continues. The Midwest is flaring up all over and after the dip in cases last week due to the holiday they're increasing back up to the levels from the week before. Given that it's the weekend lull there's little data to go over, but that much is clear at least.

294 deaths brings us up to 204,118. Lower than weeks before but that's expected. I think we'll be seeing daily totals fewer than 1k more often this week as the lagging death indicator continues to catch up with the lower daily total of new cases. One can hope, at least.

Stay safe, folks.

Exactly, Obama nominated Garland with 9 months before the election, right now we have what? 43 days? To go? I don't remember what it is, I just know it is less than 2 months. And if the Republicans even try, they should all be voted out.
    Friday it was 45 days till election. Monday will be 42, which is 6 weeks. Which is fucking nothing for confirming a SCOTUS judge
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Not replying to person on my ignore list but hey the iron! Garland was approved by the Senate 76-23 but that didn't make a difference when it came to SCOTUS. Republicans are hypocrites and pulled some bullcrap back in 2016. Now, here they don't care and will happen again.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

2018 based on the idea of needing to vote for them to approve Trump's supreme court picks. So the people that voted for them (and remember the republicans gained a couple of vote in the Senate in 2018) wanted them there to do this. No matter how they personally feel about it.

I am not saying its right or wrong for them to push one through, but I do know that you don't win reelections if you don't do what your voters want. I disagreed with them not holding hearings for Obama's pick back then also. They didn't have to approve his pick, but I believe that Obama had the right to submit one and for them to go through the process. I still believe the same thing now. One of the biggest disagreements I had with my father was about that back then.

I also believe that when the Senate next swings the democrats and the situation comes up in reverse, they have every right to do the same.

2018 based on the idea of needing to vote for them to approve Trump's supreme court picks. So the people that voted for them (and remember the republicans gained a couple of vote in the Senate in 2018) wanted them there to do this. No matter how they personally feel about it.

I am not saying its right or wrong for them to push one through, but I do know that you don't win reelections if you don't do what your voters want. I disagreed with them not holding hearings for Obama's pick back then also. They didn't have to approve his pick, but I believe that Obama had the right to submit one and for them to go through the process. I still believe the same thing now. One of the biggest disagreements I had with my father was about that back then.

I also believe that when the Senate next swings the democrats and the situation comes up in reverse, they have every right to do the same.
    So when the GOP broke the rules to benefit themselves in 2016 you were sad about it, but now that they are upholding the rules they broke last time, because upholding those rules benefits themselves this time, you are fine with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.