Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Trump already admitted (albeit unintentionally) that they were real. Orlong et al lost that argument of defense. At this point, they could argue that they dont care at all that Trump is stealing a fuckton of money from the US coffers, and owes the IRS 100s of millions. That would reveal their true colors, them being they are little pieces of shit, that are only interested in the racist ramblings of an old man, and feel personally attacked when they see to males/females kissing eachother, or a multiracial couple.
    Well, he's a walking contradiction, and a complete fucking liar. So, I don't expect much intellectual honesty to come from him.

And to answer your question as to whom I'm referring. The answer is, "yes."

Trump defenders would almost have a fair point if Trump had simply used available, legal loopholes to pay little taxes. Of course, it would still show Trump to be a liar about his wealth, security risk for his debt, etc... but at least legal.

I think we all know that isn't the case, though. There's rampant fraud going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sweet burn aside, I...don't understand the drug test thing...at all.

It's so strange. Even more so because it's Trump's campaign that's trying to somehow make it sound like the other guy has mental issues. Baffling.
    It's to discredit him doing well in the debate, after their dementia smear fell apart with his speech at the DNC. In other words, Trump is scared.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump orders 150 million rapid tests for teachers and students.

"Yeah! MAGA!"

He's sent out 6 million now --

"Wait, wait, how many teachers are in the US?"

Including me? Well, there are about 1,000,000 high school teachers alone, 1.5 million kindergarden and elementary, about--

"So, there's about six million teachers. Does that include admin?"

No.

"And that doesn't include children."

No.

"Well at least these tests are going out right away, as the school year has already startded."

Actually they'll come out in a couple weeks.

"..six million is better than nothing, I guess. At least they'll get good results quickly."

Um...actually these rapid tests are less accurate. If you get a positive, you should still get a swab test, which still takes days.

"Look, this is at least a start, right?"

I mean, it will be in a couple weeks. Right now it's an announcement that there will be a start soon. "Gentlemen, start your engines!" is spoken to cars going zero miles per hour, and after it's said, the cars go zero miles per hour. The race starts with the green light. Trump is just cheerleading.

"Why are you so down on Trump announcing more tests? Those things are important!"

And there's the issue.

Think of this, if we didn’t do testing, instead of testing over 40 million people, if we did half the testing we would have half the cases. If we did another, you cut that in half, we would have, yet again, half of that. But the headlines are always testing.

Trump has repeatedly said more testing means more cases. Now, he's changed his mind. Sorry, Trump supporters, you are required to say more testing is bad, because it means more cases. Trump asked his people to slow down the testing. Trump is in direct violation of Trump's own policies.

"That doesn't even make sense!"

And yet, you support him. Where were these tests months ago?

"They didn't exist yet!"

Nope! Can't use that, either.

Let me just tell you, we have — we started off with empty cupboards. The last administration left us nothing. We started off with bad, broken tests and obsolete tests.

If Trump blames Obama for faulty tests that didn't exist, Trump takes the blame for his own tests not existing, either. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    damn son you really have run out of shit to throw at the wall hoping it will stick huh?

I'll just pile on with this and ask, at what point do you get embarrassed for supporting this guy??

HALF of Americans don't pay income tax despite crippling govt debt...http://t.co/gDAUj0Kt

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 23, 2012

"@BarackObama who wants to raise all our taxes, only pays 20.5% on $790k salary. http://1.usa.gov/HFZJKH Do as I say not as I do,"

—Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 13, 2012

And even worse on the topic of "giving away his salary" which is just a ploy in order to get excessive deductions and write offs. The 400k will be absorbed by taxpayers.

https://news.yahoo.com/most-trumps-c...052502744.html

Most of Trump's charitable tax write-offs are reportedly for not developing property he owns

Trump also placed a conservation easement on the land in 2015, meaning he signed a deal with a land conservancy, agreeing to leave most of the property untouched. In exchange for this, Trump claimed a $21.1 million charitable tax donation, the Times reports. His tax records show that over the years, Trump has claimed four conservation easement deductions on his taxes, which represent about $119.3 million of the roughly $130 million in personal and corporate charitable contributions he has reported to the Internal Revenue Service, the Times reports. When asked for comment about Seven Springs, Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, did not respond.

I'd love to see anyone else try this with their residence and see how it goes
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

So, can Conservatives finally admit that to their hatred of poor people or are they still going to pretend it's about people leeching off welfare while actively a supporting a president who committed tax fraud?

It doesnt concern me because he gives his salary away as President so he has no income to claim, and secondly we dont even know these are real. They are "leaked" by some so called anonymous source to a far left rag
    new york times may be biased but its far from a rag. Also, if this were bs Trump would sue. Isn't it notable how hes not even using that threat?

Because if he does he'd have to put up or shut up and deep down in your heart you know that putting up wouldn't be good for him. So carry on with your mental gymnastics to defend the dude that pays more to fuck hookers than he does in tax. Sad!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump orders 150 million rapid tests for teachers and students.

"Yeah! MAGA!"

He's sent out 6 million now --

"Wait, wait, how many teachers are in the US?"

Including me? Well, there are about 1,000,000 high school teachers alone, 1.5 million kindergarden and elementary, about--

"So, there's about six million teachers. Does that include admin?"

No.

"And that doesn't include children."

No.

"Well at least these tests are going out right away, as the school year has already startded."

Actually they'll come out in a couple weeks.

"..six million is better than nothing, I guess. At least they'll get good results quickly."

Um...actually these rapid tests are less accurate. If you get a positive, you should still get a swab test, which still takes days.

"Look, this is at least a start, right?"

I mean, it will be in a couple weeks. Right now it's an announcement that there will be a start soon. "Gentlemen, start your engines!" is spoken to cars going zero miles per hour, and after it's said, the cars go zero miles per hour. The race starts with the green light. Trump is just cheerleading.

"Why are you so down on Trump announcing more tests? Those things are important!"

And there's the issue.

Think of this, if we didn’t do testing, instead of testing over 40 million people, if we did half the testing we would have half the cases. If we did another, you cut that in half, we would have, yet again, half of that. But the headlines are always testing.

Trump has repeatedly said more testing means more cases. Now, he's changed his mind. Sorry, Trump supporters, you are required to say more testing is bad, because it means more cases. Trump asked his people to slow down the testing. Trump is in direct violation of Trump's own policies.

"That doesn't even make sense!"

And yet, you support him. Where were these tests months ago?

"They didn't exist yet!"

Nope! Can't use that, either.

Let me just tell you, we have — we started off with empty cupboards. The last administration left us nothing. We started off with bad, broken tests and obsolete tests.

If Trump blames Obama for faulty tests that didn't exist, Trump takes the blame for his own tests not existing, either. Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just enforce them.
    Those are probably my most favorite quotes re COVID-19 from the Dipshit-in-Chief. The equivalent is saying I won't get pregnant if I don't do a pregnancy test.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    new york times may be biased but its far from a rag. Also, if this were bs Trump would sue. Isn't it notable how hes not even using that threat?

Because if he does he'd have to put up or shut up and deep down in your heart you know that putting up wouldn't be good for him. So carry on with your mental gymnastics to defend the dude that pays more to fuck hookers than he does in tax. Sad!
    The New York Times is the epitome of journalism. The fact that they even receive accusations of "bias" shows just how deeply the conservative conspiracy theory nut jobs have penetrated the insane cult Trump followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are 70 million reason Trump won’t give up the presidency:

Trump’s Seventy-Three-Million-Dollar Tax Refund Is the Biggest Outrage of All
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...outrage-of-all
    From 2005 to 2007, this latest Times scoop reveals, he did finally pay about seventy million dollars to the Internal Revenue Service. But then, in 2010, he demanded a full refund for those tax payments. And the I.R.S. acceded to his request: it paid him $72.9 million, including interest.
    Under tax law, refunds of more than two million dollars require approval from Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation, which also got involved. In 2014, an agreement between Trump and the I.R.S. appeared to have been reached, “but the audit resumed and grew to include Mr. Trump’s returns for 2010 through 2013,” the Times report says. “In the spring of 2016, with Mr. Trump closing in on the Republican nomination, the case was sent back to the [congressional] committee. It has remained there, unresolved, with the statute of limitations repeatedly pushed forward.”
    Congress is presiding over his 70 million dollar refund that he should pay back...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-28 at 11:05 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    So, can Conservatives finally admit that to their hatred of poor people or are they still going to pretend it's about people leeching off welfare while actively a supporting a president who committed tax fraud?
    Clueless people want conservatives to get rid of people leeching of welfare, but not their welfare, despite it being the same.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Why Brad Parscale tried to kill himself. Shit is going down. 170 million diverted and laundered.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/comp...-spending.html
    Guess I wish I was right. Didn't even think about him laundering money. I was saying that he was in debt up to his eyeballs with all the money he took from the campaign, this is just worse.

- - - Updated - - -

$400k is NOTHING compared to what he gets per weekend he golfs. He has made over $140 million from his golf trips alone. The fact that you don't care, while he literally pisses on you and calls it rain, is fucking LAUGHABLE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Sweet burn aside, I...don't understand the drug test thing...at all.

It's so strange. Even more so because it's Trump's campaign that's trying to somehow make it sound like the other guy has mental issues. Baffling.
    It is projection. In some of the videos of Trump, his pupils are so dilated, that there is no way he isn't on something like Adderall.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    $400k is NOTHING compared to what he gets per weekend he golfs. He has made over $140 million from his golf trips alone. The fact that you don't care, while he literally pisses on you and calls it rain, is fucking LAUGHABLE.
    Stuff like that makes me think of this:

"Every single one of us is going to die. That's the deal. Not every single one of us, however, is going to build a fascist propaganda apparatus whose sole purpose is exploiting low-info working class people into advocating for the billionaire pharaohs who are destroying them."

https://twitter.com/proustmalone/sta...363881986?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Clueless people want conservatives to get rid of people leeching of welfare, but not their welfare, despite it being the same.
    Keep government out of my Medicare! - Tea Party sign, circa 2008
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Oh... I remember today, some right wing radio hosts in my country using the US as an example on to why we should open schools.
    Imbeciles

(And to the people asking why i hear them, they're right wing business radio hosts, and my dad is a right wing boomer)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

37,418 new cases; about 1k more than last Monday, but I'm going to bump that up to 39k because....

FUUUUUCK Florida. They're going right to the top of my list today because their bullshit became a whole lot bullshittier. Today they're trying to say they had less than 1k new cases, admitting to only 738. That's less than half of what they reported last Monday which was already nonsense. Even with their phony numbers they've been tracking right along with California and Texas so to claim that they're suddenly better off than a third of the country is just plain malarkey. Especially since they apparently did fewer than 10k tests with a positivity still north of 10%. Fuck Florida and fuck their lifting of all COVID-19 regulations. They're fucked.

*straightens tie* Where was I?

Texas: 4,085 new cases; 62 deaths
    California: 3,166 new cases; 34 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,726 new cases; 2 deaths
    Illinois: 1,709 new cases; 13 deaths
    Kansas: 1,571 new cases (new record); 1 death
    Michigan: 1,329 new cases; 7 deaths

You'll notice that with the addition of Florida the list is still a little light this time--even for an underreport day--but the number of cases has increased from the previous week. That's mostly because the states that kicked off earlier like California, Arizona, Alabama and Georgia are getting things a little more under control (some temporarily, I predict) but outbreaks in other states are more than making up the difference. Those states include most of the low pop density states like Nebraska, the Dakotas and Montana and, of course, the rest of the Midwest. It's not as flashy as "Hey, Florida hit 15k new cases" but it's arguably more insidious. And it's going to get worse. Depending on how things go we might be seeing some more records tomorrow or Wednesday for some states.

355 deaths is only slightly less than last Monday, putting the total at 209,808. We'll definitely hit 210k tomorrow and given that I expect the national new cases total to start trending back up soon it's probably safe to say that in a couple weeks or so the daily death toll is going to start climbing again unless things change soon.

Related news:

Trump Warns of More Coronavirus Cases as New, Rapid Tests Ship--file this under "No shit, you stupid motherfucker. You killed thousands of people because you didn't care to admit this before."
    Experts say Covid-19 cases are likely about to surge--in case you wanted to hear it from people who know what they're talking about.
    Redfield voices alarm over influence of Trump's new coronavirus task force adviser--only the best people!

Stay safe, folks.

what are the odds on trump losing and paying off his debt by selling americas secrets to foriegn powers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    what are the odds on trump losing and paying off his debt by selling americas secrets to foriegn powers?
    Pretty small... I think he has been giving them away for free... I’m more wondering if he will stay in the same building as Yanukovych or Snowden? I think he might have a room in the Kremlin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Why would anyone pay for what he seems to have previously given for free? [or maybe the example is really Israel's secrets]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...ed_information