Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Donald Trump has no coronavirus plan. We rate this claim False."

I suppose ignoring it counts as a plan. That has to be the weaseliest form of technical correctness, christ.
    It's one of those moments where "technically" a shitty plan is still a plan.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

What a shitshow this debate was.

Shame the name of the thread got changed.

I need a drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I need a drink.
    Imagine how Chris Wallace feels.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

What a shitshow this debate was.

Shame the name of the thread got changed.

I need a drink.
    May i entertain you with pisco and coca-cola? Its a grape spirit, quite good for getting wasted.
    Because i will get trahed next debate
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Because i will get trahed next debate
    I'd join you, but I ran out of Minttu and there's nothing else that good in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Yeah, but Fox can't fire him. Fox needs Wallace to give the network legitimacy.
    It would take a lot more than Wallace to give Fox legitimacy. Like a complete overhaul would be needed, including burning all the casting couches.

On a serious note, Trump's refusal to denounce white supremacists, and his issuing a "wait for further orders" directive to the proud boys, along with his vehement urging of his supporters to become "poll watchers" we're the two most horrifying moments in my opinion.

Trump is hopelessly inept, a walking joke, and a public embarrassment ... He is also incredibly dangerous and we must not forget that our democracy is at stake. Not in some hyperbolic way. Literally, he would sell this the country to the highest bidder to save his ass, he would watch it burn if it would help him hold on to power and wealth.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-09-30 at 04:06 AM.

I'd join you, but I ran out of Minttu and there's nothing else that good in the USA.
    Whisky is always a good alternative. 3 rocks, 2-3 fingers.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Imagine how Chris Wallace feels.
    I don't have to, I have a Republican cousin who works for Ohio Governor Mike DeWine. What Chris Wallace just experienced is every Thanksgiving and Christmas since my cousin turned 16 or so.

He used to be what I would call an "Arnold Vinick Republican", but since ~2006 those don't exist anymore, and he is 100% on board the Trump Train to SCOTUSburg now, and doesn't care that he has stops at Tax Fraud Town, Treasonville, Impeachment Valley, or Generally-an-Asshole Township along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Whisky is always a good alternative. 3 rocks, 2-3 fingers.
    Yeah I drank the last of my scotch a couple nights ago.

I really need 2020 to be over.

My boss approved us to drink at work around 10:00pm.....while listening to the debates
    LOL...someone actually said "is meth ok too?"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whisky is always a good alternative.
    Not for me, man. The only tine I'll order whiskey is when quoting George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers.

Speaking of...I got nothing. Pelosi's most recent relief bill is down from $2.4 to $2.4 trillion and includes stimulus checks. Pelosi's been negotiationg since May. Trump is the obstacle. His only counteroffer so far was less than McConnell's token bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Donald Trump has no coronavirus plan. We rate this claim False."
    Has been changed to "Needs Context".

The Trump administration has announced a plan on how it will distribute vaccines. The plan shows that the federal government aims to make the two-dose vaccine free of cost, for instance.

However, public health experts have said that Trump and his administration did not have a plan to combat the pandemic or a national testing plan.
    You'll probably feel findicated that PolitiFact didn't take the bait, my good chum. Dammit @Benggaul

You'll probably feel findicated that PolitiFact didn't take the bait, my good chum. Dammit @Benggaul
    Hey, don't blame me for getting you hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden has already announced that he will attend the remaining debates. But to be fair, the campaign did say maaaaaaaaaaybe there should be more conversations with the Committee -- probably to avoid what we just saw a second or third time.

Then I went looking for Trump's recent tweets, but found this instead and decided I liked it better.

I disagree with James Fallows that Chris Wallace somehow did a disservice. Wallace did America a huge favor by letting the American people see realDonaldTrump for who he really is. I am glad Wallace let POTUS show how disgusting he can be.
    -- Ted Lieu

Biden has already announced that he will attend the remaining debates. But to be fair, the campaign did say maaaaaaaaaaybe there should be more conversations with the Committee -- probably to avoid what we just saw a second or third time.

Then I went looking for Trump's recent tweets, but found this instead and decided I liked it better.

-- Ted Lieu
    I would like for future moderators to be able to cut the mic if needed, but there is merit in giving Trump enough rope to hang himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, another random tweeter (don't know don't care) pointed out that Chris Christie helped Trump with debate prep, calling it "waiting four years for revenge". That's a smile, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Hey, don't blame me for getting you hooked.
    Eh, I know when I'm beat. I should go...I have school in the morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, another random tweeter (don't know don't care) pointed out that Chris Christie helped Trump with debate prep, calling it "waiting four years for revenge". That's a smile, right there.
    They asked him on ABC is this was part of his prep... he said... no...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They asked him on ABC is this was part of his prep... he said... no...
    What prep?

I heard the same nonsense drivel with no substance he has been spouting for months, with a bunch of really vicious attacks on Biden's family.

10+ Year Old Account
    a bunch of really vicious attacks on Biden's family.
    This was a yuge mistake. Trump attacked a fallen veteran in broad fucking daylight. And Biden got fucking energized when he did it.

I would like for future moderators to be able to cut the mic if needed, but there is merit in giving Trump enough rope to hang himself.
    I think that's already kinda ruled out, cutting mics on a presidential debate. I mean that just gives trump more ammo tbh, the press is trying to take away my speech, blah blah bullshit he'll spew. The better thing imo, is to change the debate format to more town hall style, instead of one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think that's already kinda ruled out, cutting mics on a presidential debate. I mean that just gives trump more ammo tbh, the press is trying to take away my speech, blah blah bullshit he'll spew. The better thing imo, is to change the debate format to more town hall style, instead of one on one.
    Or they could only turn on the mic for the person who is supposed to be speaking, rather than cut off the person interjecting.

That way Trump can't claim "They cut off my free speech!" he would have to claim "They wouldn't let me interrupt Sleepy Joe!".

There was a lot of cross talk and back and forth during the middle portion of each segment, which is fine, but during the 2 minute "give your prepared answer to this question" portion there really needs to be much less bullshit next time or the people watching learn nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    "will you shut up man." oh snap!
    I like "Putin's puppy."