Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I even spelled out the usual retort, and you posted it anyway. Sigh.

Again, i'm not talking about other people, i'm talking about myself. Why should I care about being 0.00000000000000001% of a decision?

It's like you're sitting in a boardroom with 10 million people, and you all get to vote on some issue. Are you telling me you'd care about getting in your 0.0000000000001% of a say? If your answer to that is yes, then our brains just work differently, which is ok.

No one has ever answered this question for me in a way that makes me want to vote.
    You might be 1 vote out of hundreds of millions for President, but you are one vote out of single didn't millions for governor and Senate, one vote out of tens or hundreds of thousands for US House, one vote out of tens of thousands for state senate, one vote out of single digits thousands for state legislature, and potentially one vote out of hundreds for local offices. Laws passed at the local level often have the most day to day impact on people's lives, like the cost of your property taxes, whether the town provides services like garbage pickup, what public facilities like libraries, parks, museums etc are available for you to use, how well your streets will be plowed in the winter and repaired in the spring, whether the trees are trimmed back enough to prevent power outages in bad weather, etc.

Being statistically insignificant in a single race does not mean your vote is meaningless across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So it appears RBG has argued her first case with God.
    I laughed at this WAY too hard.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Fatigued, sounds hoarse, fever since this morning, and is taking a experimental antibody cocktail that's had a total of 1 trial. granted that 1 trial had good results, but this idk i think this is go south bad and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    You might be 1 vote out of hundreds of millions for President, but you are one vote out of single didn't millions for governor and Senate, one vote out of tens or hundreds of thousands for US House, one vote out of tens of thousands for state senate, one vote out of single digits thousands for state legislature, and potentially one vote out of hundreds for local offices. Laws passed at the local level often have the most day to day impact on people's lives, like the cost of your property taxes, whether the town provides services like garbage pickup, what public facilities like libraries, parks, museums etc are available for you to use, how well your streets will be plowed in the winter and repaired in the spring, whether the trees are trimmed back enough to prevent power outages in bad weather, etc.

Being statistically insignificant in a single race does not mean your vote is meaningless across the board.
    Now this is a good reply, that all makes sense to me.

I have thought a bit about this in the past, and i'm not really the kind of person who's going to go vote and just pick names at random without researching it. But doing the proper amount of research, and wading through all the bullshit in the process, sounds exhausting. Just what it is, I guess.

No, a more apt metaphor there would be that we need 10 million hands to help lift that person off the side of the road, and you only have 2.
    Nope. I don't buy it. Because again as I said, you're not just voting for a president in an election. You are voting for so much more. Like the next direction you want your state to go as well.

If you decide to stay home, you can't complain that things are still bad and aren't improving. You can't complain that your city's infrastructure isn't fixed, or you pay too much in state taxes. Your one vote can shape the direction of encouraging more people to run with progressive or conservative policies. And if you decide to stay home, you are essentially allowing yourself to not have a voice.

You mean you are okay letting someone else decide the direction of the country without your say on it? At the end of the day, what do you want? Sorry to say, it is irrelevant unless you vote for it.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Interesting they are doing experimental treatment of regeneron for Trump. This is wild.
    Hmm.

Early data shows promising results from Regeneron's antibody cocktail for coronavirus

On CNN four days ago.

Biotechnology company Regeneron released some early results of tests using its antibody cocktail in coronavirus patients Tuesday, and said it seemed to reduce levels of the virus and improve symptoms in patients.

The greatest improvements were seen in patients who hadn't already mounted a natural response to the infection, the company said.

The results only involve 275 patients of the 1,000 they have enrolled in this particular trial, but appear "very promising," Dr. Jeanne Marrazzo, the director of the division of infectious diseases at University of Alabama at Birmingham, told CNN.

The treatment also showed positive trends at reducing medical visits for the patients, none of whom were sick enough to be hospitalized at the start of the trial, the company said. The numbers in this early release of information were small and the data has not been peer reviewed yet. Only topline data was available in a news release from the company.

A company spokesperson said the data validates the treatment as a therapeutic substitute for a natural response to the virus.
    Um...so, either Trump is throwing everything at this and hoping something helps quickly, or he's not creating his own antibodies.

Hmm.

Early data shows promising results from Regeneron's antibody cocktail for coronavirus

On CNN four days ago.

Um...so, either Trump is throwing everything at this and hoping something helps quickly, or he's not creating his own antibodies.
    also in context the medium avg age of this 1 study was 44.

Now this is a good reply, that all makes sense to me.

I have thought a bit about this in the past, and i'm not really the kind of person who's going to go vote and just pick names at random without researching it. But doing the proper amount of research, and wading through all the bullshit in the process, sounds exhausting. Just what it is, I guess.
    So don't worry about the names.

There are a lot more local parties than there are national parties, and many of them run as national parties for big ticket races. For example, Chris Murphy, junior Senator from CT, runs in both the Democratic ticket and the Working Families Party ticket. There are a few other Democratic subfractions around here, and they all subscribe to the same "big tent" platform, but differ on which causes they are most passionate about and which they have the best policies for. WFP has strong policies in taxation, education, and healthcare. There is a Green-adjacent local party here that runs under Democrats for big races, and they are more concerned with environmental policy.

Research those local parties (there should only be a few) and vote based on their endorsements if you can't take the time to research 6 candidates for each of 20 odd local races.

Hell half the time the candidates at that level are relative unknowns with no record anyway, so even trying to research them individually is sometimes impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think giving Trump a reasonable amount of time to recover—2 weeks max—then continuing on because the elections are so close, would be better thing to do.
    Then we need to give Biden 4+ years since Trump never stopped.

Also, considering you don’t vote, head back to the kids table while the adults talk.

Oh boy. Advice from people who don't vote. Save your breath. If you're not willing to walk the walk, then stop talking the talk.

Hmm.

On CNN four days ago.

I takes a couple of days for your body to start producing antibodies.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Interesting they are doing experimental treatment of regeneron for Trump. This is wild.
    wait No hydroxychloroquine!??

fucking deep state keeping it away from him!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    I takes a couple of days for your body to start producing antibodies.
    Wow, must have been really hard to find test subjects with that narrow a window.

Wow, must have been really hard to find test subjects with that narrow a window.
    did you see this one yet?

list of Trump's "risk groups":

1) elderly
    2) obese
    3) public sector job
    4) person of (orange) color
    5) poor
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulz.

CNN: President Trump and first lady's Covid-19 cases will be counted in Florida
    President Trump’s and first lady Melania Trump’s coronavirus infections will be counted in Florida, not Washington, DC, a DC government official told CNN.

Washington is not their permanent home; Florida is, the official said.

The District of Columbia "only includes its own residents within its case total," LaToya Foster, communications director for DC Mayor Muriel Bowser, told CNN via email.

The Florida Department of Health said it was "unable to comment on specific epidemiological investigations," but said cases are recorded according "to an individual's self-reported permanent residency."

Trump and the first lady changed their permanent residence to Palm Beach, Florida, last year.

“The White House physician will do their own contact tracing and provide guidance to impacted individuals as has been the practice throughout the pandemic," Foster said.
    Just for you, @Benggaul.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    did you see this one yet?

list of Trump's "risk groups":

1) elderly
    2) obese
    3) public sector job
    4) person of (orange) color
    5) poor
    Oh, please. He'll be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    LOL

In the 20-49 category?

Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    LOL

In the 20-49 category?
    I'm curious when these "doctors" are going to start losing their medical licenses for such obvious bullshit. Unless he's just trying to restrain himself from turning into the Hulk in that video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needed a golf cart to climb a small hill. And has anyone seen him list something larger than a Sharpie?

damn son can't have fun with it with you harshing my high....

Here you can laugh at Donny doing the same thing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

- - - Updated - - -

Man the hits keep coming..
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!