Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    This is just. So. Stupid.

Trump campaign attacks Joe Biden for lack of ‘firsthand experience’ being infected with COVID-19

The desperation is so, so sad by now. There is nobody outside of the most steadfast base that is going to believe this nonsense.
    But then that would mean Biden has first hand experience not getting Covid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    McEnemy is lined up to be Trump's last press secretary. If she get sick, dies or resigns, who would voluntarily replace her?
    Even McEnany doesn't believe anything she's saying. A job at the white house to read from a script and deny anything else is something people would jump at.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just. So. Stupid.

Trump campaign attacks Joe Biden for lack of ‘firsthand experience’ being infected with COVID-19

The desperation is so, so sad by now. There is nobody outside of the most steadfast base that is going to believe this nonsense.
    Oh good, so by this logic Trump's admitting he needs to be in prison to get a firsthand experience of the justice system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Another one bites the dust
    https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1313153083447402498

@ABC
    News has learned Chad Gilmartin a member of the White House press shop also is positive. Sources tell us test came back positive over the weekend.

Just rename the GOP the Covidiot party.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Will we reach 30?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Will we reach 30?
    More than likely... There are some rumors that Barr has it too.

I sure hope the WH is testing EVERYONE who has been to the WH recently, including press.

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely... There are some rumors that Barr has it too.
    I know he's quarantining, but you got a link?

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden has the greatest chance to win, since elections started:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

81/18
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden has the greatest chance to win, since elections started:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

81/18
    Still 29 days to go. Anything can happen. Rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I sure hope the WH is testing EVERYONE who has been to the WH recently, including press.

- - - Updated - - -

I know he's quarantining, but you got a link?
    Just some rumblings on twitter from folks not at news orgs based on Rudy's GMA interview today.

"I was in the room with Kellyanne, Chris and Bill and they all got it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Still 29 days to go. Anything can happen. Rinse and repeat.
    Comey later this month: "We are reopening the investigation into Joe Biden's emails. This has nothing to do with the election."
    Putin khuliyo

29+?

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1313155682191978498
    UPDATE: White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt has also tested positive for coronavirus, along with other mid-level staffers - Bloomberg
    Petri dishes wish they could be as virulent as the WH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big surprise, NJ's contact tracers aren't happy with WH/TNC data. It's too little and too late.

Like Trump's 2016 campaign promises, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    29+?

The WH has more active cases of COVID than the countries of New Zealand, Vietnam, and Taiwan combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

29+?

Fucking Rose Garden Massacre has legs to it. How many more positive tests are we going to see? How many will come from the Rose Garden vs. interactions after the Rose Garden Massacre with infected people?

Is the WH even contact tracing? Last I heard they were trying, but it was a shambles of a shitshow so ain't nobody knows who brought the damn virus and was the superspreader.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just. So.
    Let's extend that line of thinking. Trump wants plenty of Americans to have guns. But...does he have firsthand experience with being shot?

And if having firsthand experience is so important, why wasn't Trump licking windows since March to get infected on purpose? Why did he lie about his test results?

EDIT: You know what, second challenge. Trump supporters including @Orlong @Hammerfest @Thwart @GreenJesus @lockedout and @Ghostpanther you now have 24 hours to address the situation. Your options are:

1) No, having firsthand experience of having caught COVID-19 is not necessary for handling the fight against it.
    2) Having COVID-19 is useful, but Trump chose not to get infected for months, despite it being a benefit.
    3) The linked article is wrong, and the ad does not exist..

You have 24 hours. Failure, as always, is admission of cowardice plus I get to pick for you. Especially since I have the feeling some of my fellow posters are also going to quote this post and mention these posters, meaning "oh I didn't see it" will remain an unacceptable excuse.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-10-05 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The WH has more active cases of COVID than the countries of New Zealand, Vietnam, and Taiwan combined.
    That was before the weekend hit IIRC, I think we may be able to add another small country or replace 1/2 of the smaller countries with a bigger country by now.

Fucking Rose Garden Massacre has legs to it. How many more positive tests are we going to see? How many will come from the Rose Garden vs. interactions after the Rose Garden Massacre with infected people?

Is the WH even contact tracing? Last I heard they were trying, but it was a shambles of a shitshow so ain't nobody knows who brought the damn virus and was the superspreader.
    Kayleigh McEnemy decided not to quarantine after coming in contact with Hope Hicks
    After Hope Hicks tested positive, Kayleigh McEnany was pulled off President Trump’s trip to New Jersey and later informed she’d had direct contact with Hicks. Yet McEnany did not quarantine and was at the White House Friday and yesterday, citing multiple negative tests.
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/s...404267524?s=19

My assumption is this attitude was the norm so we'll probably see like 50-60 people when all is said and done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Will we reach 30?
    We just did.

CNN: Two of White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany's staffers test positive
    Two of White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany's deputies, Chad Gilmartin and Karoline Leavitt, have also tested positive for coronavirus, two sources tell CNN.

Earlier today, McEnany confirmed that she had tested positive for Covid-19.

She said she is experiencing no symptoms and had no knowledge of Hope Hicks' testing positive before her briefing last Thursday. Hicks is one of President Trump's top aides.

McEnany said she will begin to quarantine.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

"Massacre?" How many died as a result?
    Think about the optics.