10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    He certainly sounds nutty in his interviews.
    Are you saying thw Virginia governor isn't personally executing babies after they're born?

Newman has a few words for Trump...

Pretty sure it's too late to have any real impact before the election but I found it pretty funny anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope that by November 4th we can go back to ignoring everything Trump says.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I really hope that by November 4th we can go back to ignoring everything Trump says.
    You know he's going to be even worse and more obnoxious if he loses. And in fact the media will happily cover him even more then, because the country won't necessarily be at risk if he isn't in charge. That pandora's box has been opened now and can't be shut so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    She's just poking the bear to try to get him to act even crazier. Seems to be working.
    Don't need to poke the bear when its already rabid.

Still I personally think the 25th should be relooked at when the crazies are removed. There is extremely rare, but possible considering we had people actually planning to kidnap a leader of the state and overthrown the government, that the executive branch can be "coup" if the legislative branch is "friendly" to the aggressors. If you don't like the current President/Vice-President and you feel like the party in power in Congress would be better for your personal agenda and kill the president/VP it would change the political party in charge before it goes to the President's cabinet.

Extremely unlikely I know someone who told me of this "dream" about Obama a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Sounds like bad news for.... President Biden?
    He's being funny. It's alright. It's like the time he told Sarah Huckabee to take one for the team. That cracked me up.

Sounds like bad news for.... President Biden?
    Maybe in his drug induced delirium, he's accepted Biden as the next president.

5+ Year Old Account
    I bet he’s going to do what he really wanted to do before he won.

Start a shit news network and sell tons of merch to his cult.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be about 90 days of hell between then and Jan. 20.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Good point. I forgot Trump was all jokes.
    Hehe. You have to give him credit where credit is due. Pity he didn't just stick to being funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

"Not guilty".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like bad news
    Um, wasn't "Sleepy Joe" the one who kicked Trump's ass so hard, he went to the hospital for a week?

This Rush Limbaugh thing with Trump is juuuust a bit much....

I forgot how sycophantic people could be.

Trump is saying they have a cure, ffs.
    Fucking hell this is dangerous and irresponsible.

I hope when the steroid high wears off he crashes hard. Like, craters in spectacularly fashion. And is deeply, truly, soul-crushingly miserable as a result. He's giving false hope and putting the people who listen to him at risk. This is dangerous bullshit, and I can't believe it's happening.

Fuck, him being on a ventilator and unable to speak or tweet would be the best thing for the country right now. Pass the authority to Pence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cruz eyes the exits.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday warned Republicans the party could face a “bloodbath” in November if voters aren’t feeling optimistic about the economy and the direction of the pandemic.

Speaking on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Cruz said the presidential election is extremely "volatile" and that President Trump could still get reelected by a “big margin” if voters feel like the U.S. is recovering from the pandemic-induced economic shutdown.

But he warned the party could also face landslide losses similar to what happened in 1976, when Jimmy Carter won the White House in the first election following the Watergate scandal and Richard Nixon’s resignation.

“I am worried. It’s volatile, it’s highly volatile ... if people are going back to work, if they’re optimistic, if they’re positive about the future, we could see a fantastic election — the president getting reelected with a big margin, Republicans winning both Houses of Congress and I think that’s a real possibility,” Cruz said.

“But I also think if on Election Day people are angry and they’ve given up hope and they’re depressed, which is what [Speaker Nancy] Pelosi and [Senate Minority Leader Charles] Schumer want them to be, I think it could be a terrible election. I think we could lose the White House and both houses of Congress, that it could be a bloodbath of Watergate proportions.”
    So what realistic news could happen in a month, on the economy and COVID-19? Leaving out things Trump just makes up, of course.

We won't see another job report. Unemployment is 8% until people finish voting.

Deaths are projected to increase. @Benggaul keeps posting numbers flirting with 1,000.

People have responded in poll after poll they don't trust a vaccine that's rushed for political gain, so even if one mysteriously appears from thin air, most people won't take it.

EU is having its second wave, too, so it's not just US.

The GDP forecast for Q3 has improved to "almost as much as Q2 dropped". Did it go up? Yes. Is it growth? No. It's a partial recovery.

The continuing resolution puts the budget battle past the election.

McConnell is back in the cross hairs, voluntarily saying there would be no deal, and saying "Because the Democrats want to help unemployed people" doesn't play well in Oct/Nov.

And of course, that phone interview where Trump kept muting to hide his coughing is extra ironic when he complains about virtual debate moderators being able to mute him. Did anyone else pick up on that?

What, realistically, good news could come from COVID or the economy in four weeks?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, almost forgot this part.

This OP ED which talks about Trump's "brilliant" move on the relief bill negotiations -- no really, the headline uses that exact term -- hinges on

It was a brilliant move, and should the two sides come together to help the American people – which is the point, right? – Trump will emerge the consummate dealmaker.
    Under 24 hours later, McConnell just says "No to Everything".

Yet another case of Trump supporters trying to defend Trump, without waiting 24 hours to see what happens. At least this time, it was McConnell and not Trump. Doesn't change how colossal of a failure it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Oh, almost forgot this part.

This OP ED which talks about Trump's "brilliant" move on the relief bill negotiations -- no really, the headline uses that exact term -- hinges on

Under 24 hours later, McConnell just says "No to Everything".

Yet another case of Trump supporters trying to defend Trump, without waiting 24 hours to see what happens. At least this time, it was McConnell and not Trump. Doesn't change how colossal of a failure it was.

Well it looks like Trump just raised his stimulus offer to 1.8 trillion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    He is basically negotiating with himself. Pelosi has no reason to bother at this point and Mitch already says he does not see a package being voted on before the election. I mean if trump wanted to just try to help ram through the last dem offer pelosi would go along but that would likely still die in the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    He is basically negotiating with himself. Pelosi has no reason to bother at this point and Mitch already says he does not see a package being voted on before the election. I mean if trump wanted to just try to help ram through the last dem offer pelosi would go along but that would likely still die in the senate.
    Yeah I don't see Pelosi taking it seriously either. If it still includes the immunity to being sued for contracting COVID in the workplace, its still a nonstarter.

Liz Peek wrote that Hill article. She’s basically Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter in one.

In other news, Trump did not win the Nobel Peace Prize. Just in case anyone wondered.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We are not negotiating. Except for line items I like. Both sides, get it done. Come back to the table. I'll raise my offer."

That took...36 hours? Less? Isn't he supposed to be a great dealmaker? What's he doing sobbing on his knees, begging Pelosi to come back?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump announces arms sales with...Finland.

Huh.

"What's wrong with that?"

I mean, nothing on the face of it. Finnish military are second to maybe Irasel. And they've been close allies for decades. I'm just curiuos where this came from. Feels a bit out of nowhere.

I mean, yeah I get it, everyone's machines break down over time, but...then why make a big deal about announcing it like this is a major new thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Delta is forecast to ram into the coast at Cat 3.

I hope everyone's following their state and local governments.

- - - Updated - - -

So when the White House was asked about Trump's negative test, they refused to answer.

The reason given?

The president doesn’t check all of his HIPAA rights at the door just when he becomes president. The doctors obviously share fulsome information with the president. The president shares a great deal of information with the American public.

There is a reason to share certain information. It is to prevent further transmission of the virus, it’s public health purposes, and that’s what we’re doing
    There's a scene in Airplane, yes a spoof movie, that leaps to mind. Trump has said things like "I'm all better, I had a cure, it's a miracle, I'm ready to rally and go out in public, but Antifa, but the Democrats--"

But when asked for proof? "Sorry, that's classified."

I don't think anyone here actually believes Trump would get a negative test, then not say anything. Not even the people who will pretend.