Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

There's a scene in Airplane, yes a spoof movie, that leaps to mind. Trump has said things like "I'm all better, I had a cure, it's a miracle, I'm ready to rally and go out in public, but Antifa, but the Democrats--"

But when asked for proof? "Sorry, that's classified."

I don't think anyone here actually believes Trump would get a negative test, then not say anything. Not even the people who will pretend.
    There are much better examples from airplane that fit trump right now

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick double whammy.

1) One of the side effects of refusing to release a negative test result, is the Committee doesn't have a negative test result. And, therefore, is making it clear this is 100% Trump's fault.

2) It's time for Guess the Doctor Fauci!

Well, I think the data speak for themselves. We had a superspreader event in the White House, and it was in a situation where people were crowded together and were not wearing masks

No Noble Peace Prize for Trump : (

Stiffed once more.

TIL 3 trillion is less than 1.8 trillion.

Trump Says He Now Wants Bigger Stimulus Than Democrats Offering

I hope I never get sick enough to get the shit he's on because I never want to be THAT out of my fucking skull.

EDIT: Oh, also, Trump stated he would like to see a bigger package, which I'm sure is something all of the women in his life have said.

Sorry, it was just there. Had to be done.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-09 at 08:43 PM.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Delta is forecast to ram into the coast at Cat 3.

I hope everyone's following their state and local governments.

In all my life of living in Florida, I have never heard of having so many hurricanes in one year that they had to start using the Greek Alphabet. I am sure it has happened and I just never noticed. But Holy Hell if this is not a sign of increase unnatural weather as a result of climate change, then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When you just can't keep to one story.

Claims he's not on any medication now.
    That content is pre-recorded and isn’t ‘live’ in any way or shape. His makeup etc looks identical to the other videos he did in the same suit three or so days ago. It’s just a glorified scheduled tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    If I spell "duuuuh" with the number of "u's needed to express my feeling about this I'd break my "u" key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    In all my life of living in Florida, I have never heard of having so many hurricanes in one year that they had to start using the Greek Alphabet. I am sure it has happened and I just never noticed. But Holy Hell if this is not a sign of increase unnatural weather as a result of climate change, then I don't know what is.
    Upon looking it up, this is the second time, the first being 2005. They got to Zeta then, which is two letters away from now.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    This is mostly a re-cover, some new info.

Graham's opponent demanded Graham take a COVID test before the debate. He refused.

If Graham tests positive, he won't be allowed on the Senate floor, and the vote to confirm the SCOTUS pick is postponed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has only happened once before, in 2005.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    If Russia wants to help Trump, they have a prime opportunity to do so openly and legally. Trump wants a nuclear treaty before the election and of course, Putin could just agree to weapons control or reduction and then, you know, not do it.

This is mostly a re-cover, some new info.

Graham's opponent demanded Graham take a COVID test before the debate. He refused.

If Graham tests positive, he won't be allowed on the Senate floor, and the vote to confirm the SCOTUS pick is postponed.
    Well that explains why he's so terrified of a test. Forgot he's the freakin chair of the Senate Judicial committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Not likely. Have you ever heard of the election of 1876? No? There is a reason for that. America doesn't like talking about its embarrassing bits of history.

Trump isn't going down in History like Abraham Lincoln, he is going down in history as Rutherford B. Hayes. That guy that always shows up on the list of worst presidents ever, but most people don't really know why.
    Compromise of 1877 ended reconstruction, stopped Alcohol from being served in the White House, did reform civil service, there was a major railroad strike, return to the gold standard, let the army pursue Mexican bandits, opened the immigration of Chinese immigrants, and Crappy treatment of American Indians.

Guess you could debate which was good and bad. Not sure Tilden would have faired better.

I know most of you probably skip right on past these but I'm stubborn and I'm still gonna do 'em because this is still really important--and currently getting worse.

60,558 new cases; a little over 8k more than last Friday. This is the third day in a row the numbers of jumped by about 8k or more over last week's numbers.

Texas: 4,484 new cases; 106 deaths
    California: 3,785 new cases; 81 deaths
    Illinois: 3,117 new cases; 32 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,988 new cases; 16 deaths
    Fuck Florida (who tops the death chart again today)
    Missouri: 2,211 new cases; 81 deaths (new record)
    North Carolina: 2,034 new cases; 25 deaths
    Ohio: 1,835 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Indiana: 1,816 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    Kansas: 1,679 new cases (new record); 14 deaths
    New York: 1,660 new cases; 9 deaths
    Georgia: 1,625 new cases; 54 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,556 new cases; 27 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,524 new cases; 6 deaths
    Alabama: 1,490 new cases; 16 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,390 new cases; 14 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,381 new cases; 15 deaths
    Utah: 1,343 new cases; 4 deaths
    Michigan: 1,323 new cases; 7 deaths
    Iowa: 1,252 new cases; 20 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,167 new cases; 27 deaths
    Virginia: 1,114 new cases; 16 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,001 new cases; 8 deaths

Most of what I could say here you've already read ad nauseum (if you've actually read these). That's nearly half the states in the US with over 1k new cases. North and South Dakota also both set new records today (when reached for comment South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem...was off plotting evil schemes, I guess). Most of the states listed again had highs near their records and several look to be making new records in the coming week. Shit's kicking off again, guys.

910 more deaths to add to the total, giving us 218,648. We'll already be at 220k by about Monday. Given how steeply the new case numbers have climbed this past week we're probably not going to stay below 1k a day for many weeks longer. I'm not yet willing to give up all optimism that we won't see 2k per day again, but if the numbers are already THIS fucking bleak before Fall and the flu season has fully set in then we might need to brace ourselves. We're heading into the weekend now so numbers will be lower overall, but we're probably going to get hit hard Tuesday/Wednesday.

Related news:

Florida man has a new contender: Texas man.
    The Rose Garden wasn't the only Trump superspreader event.
    Another GOP congressman tests positive. This time Illinois Rep. Mike Bost.

I had a really depressing one about minks but I don't even want to look at their poor, cute little faces again.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-10 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    910 more deaths
    It would be nice to see deaths stay under 1k, which is far below CDC expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time it happened it was back in like... 2005.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see deaths stay under 1k, which is far below CDC expectations.
    The 7-day average of new cases has gone up 12.5% in the last week and the flu season hasn't even really started yet, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The 7-day average of new cases has gone up 12.5% in the last week and the flu season hasn't even really started yet, so I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Yeah...that's what the CDC was saying. And many universities. I'm just hoping we get out of here with "only" another 100,000 dead this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    On the upside, you can use the information gathered from the countries in the southern hemisphere. AFAIK, we did not have a particularly strong flu season.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker