10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well hold on, let's w--

Well shit.

This could be a minor bump...but, honestly, I don't think so. We are seeing cases rise, and multiple experts in and out of the CDC have predicted a rise. I hope people take this seriously and smack it back down.
    Next few weeks will be the darkest, the experts are all saying.

Don't think they were referring to the shorter days.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Connecticut's reporting scheme is funky. They seem to skip reports altogether on Saturdays and Sundays and then add those totals to the following Mondays. They are, sadly, also trending up. Just not as sharply as much of the rest of the nation.

(Also, it's been on my list on the 12th and 19th...both Mondays.)
    Ah, ok.

Saw it on the 12th, missed it on the 19th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The GOP is apparently clutching their pearls about Joe Biden riding Amtrack for his campaign.

Trump repeatedly and gleefully violating the Hatch Act and turning the White House, the People's House, into a political prop? That's just fine to them.
    This bit is their "reasoning" for sending the letter and boy is it bat shit.

"We are concerned that the Biden campaign's use of Amtrak's charter train redirected Amtrak's scarce resources during a time of record losses, employee layoffs, and service cuts during the COVID-19 pandemic," they wrote.

"We are concerned that the apparent use of a struggling, resource-deprived, publicly-run service for political gain does not serve the best interests of Amtrak or the American taxpayers at this time."
    They of course ignore Trump redirecting millions to his own company yet they are "worried" Biden riding the train is straining them too much while Trump wants to cut funds to it.

Hilarious.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
    Do not tempt fate. A zombie plague is the last thing we need right now.

63,663 new cases, roughly 4k more than last Wednesday. However, Missouri did not report and Florida...well Florida just may be engaging in some EXTRA bullshit, but I'll get to that later. The real number is probably closer to 66-67k, but in the interest of keeping things simple I'll refrain from artificially adding cases this time.

Texas: 6,414 new cases; 106 deaths
    Illinois: 4,342 new cases; 68 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,205 new cases; 48 deaths (new record)
    California: 3,047 new cases; 131 deaths
    Ohio: 2,365 new cases (new record); 67 deaths
    Seeing Ohio like this reminds me of the shit that my pot smoking, jobless, housemate was saying while we had to stay outside for a bit while we had an exterminator in our house. He was practically repeating shit Trump has said recently or at some point with "I think we should open up", "People are getting tired of it", "It's less than the flu", and "death happens". To which I had to remind him how fucking wrong he is.

At no point did he say why he feels that way while I had to give him some simple facts. My county was yellow, now orange, and other counties have gone back to red and idiots like him sitting there thinking we should fuck it up again. I'm sure he'd feel differently if he got it, which I'm amazed he hasn't considering he hangs out with 2-8 different people a day in the garage, or if his parents died from it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Nice video on one of the most irritating people in the Trump administration.

https://time.com/5902557/hunter-bide...liani-ukraine/

Apparently the emails were going around Ukraine, around the time that Guiliani was in Ukraine. Coincidence? If that is the case, how did they get on the laptop? I mean, we don't actually have the laptops, we just apparently have copies of the hard drives, which means, they could technically be Guiliani's hard drives for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck I hate seeing those numbers going back up like this. On a purely petty, personal level, I'm just pissed a bunch of stupid, selfish assholes are dragging this out for the fucking rest of us. Would be real nice to have some actual leadership on the issue.
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...as1?#countries

trump did say he would make the USA number 1, he just didnt say on what ranking.

over 100k more deaths than any other nation...... including india.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/corona...as1?#countries

trump did say he would make the USA number 1, he just didnt say on what ranking.

over 100k more deaths than any other nation...... including india.

I don't know if I trust India's numbers TBH. I work in the tech industry and I work around a lot of Indians and they say it's REALLY bad over there.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I don't know if I trust India's numbers TBH. I work in the tech industry and I work around a lot of Indians and they say it's REALLY bad over there.
    My entire extended family lives in India. The numbers are patently wrong. For a country that can't even do a successful census, measuring COVID cases is quantum physics. Also, the Government is now an authoritarian regime. They're trying to claim business as usual on ground level.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    https://time.com/5902557/hunter-bide...liani-ukraine/

Apparently the emails were going around Ukraine, around the time that Guiliani was in Ukraine. Coincidence? If that is the case, how did they get on the laptop? I mean, we don't actually have the laptops, we just apparently have copies of the hard drives, which means, they could technically be Guiliani's hard drives for all we know.
    Also, anytime anyone says, 'MRRRNGH THIS IS NO RUSSIA INVOLVEMENT'. Andrii Derkach is a Russian agent, and is the source for all this. It's confirmed. In black and white. So please, take a chill pill and sit down (not you, posty). There'll be more random leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Apparently the emails were going around Ukraine, around the time that Guiliani was in Ukraine. Coincidence?
    Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say

More than 50 former US Intel officials publicly sign a letter saying the Hunter Biden story has all the classic sisgns of being intentional Russian misinformation.

So, no, not a coincidence. Yes, some of the people signing the letter worked for Trump.

So:

In addition to believing the coincidence that Hunter BIden saved incriminating texts on his laptop AND ALSO had that laoptop repaired by someone who actually read through what must be thousands of mesages AND ALSO the data recovery tech guy decided to report this to, of all people, Rudi Giuliani who has no official law enforcement role in any way AND ALSO Rudi had evidence of a crime and did nothing for months AND ALSO claim that this is bad while handwaving Trump Tower....

...now they ANDER ALSO have to contend with people who worked directly for Trump saying "this is Fake News"

This is the most desperate of straws for people to grasp for, while ignoring the haystack that is Trump's words and actoins.

And to make it even funnier...too many people have already made up their mind and many of them have actually voted already. Even if the laptop messages were 100% real and 100% damning, it's too late for that to matter anymore.

*ahem*

Also:

Team Trump seems to take offense at "Obama spied on my campaign". What, exactly, is this, then? Because it looks like Trump launching an investigation into a political rival.

"But he has evidence!"

And Team Trump was caught talking to Russia. Sorry, I don't make the rules. If it was bad when Obama did it, it's bad when Trump does it. Both or neither.

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say

More than 50 former US Intel officials publicly sign a letter saying the Hunter Biden story has all the classic sisgns of being intentional Russian misinformation.

So, no, not a coincidence. Yes, some of the people signing the letter worked for Trump.

So:

In addition to believing the coincidence that Hunter BIden saved incriminating texts on his laptop AND ALSO had that laoptop repaired by someone who actually read through what must be thousands of mesages AND ALSO the data recovery tech guy decided to report this to, of all people, Rudi Giuliani who has no official law enforcement role in any way AND ALSO Rudi had evidence of a crime and did nothing for months AND ALSO claim that this is bad while handwaving Trump Tower....

...now they ANDER ALSO have to contend with people who worked directly for Trump saying "this is Fake News"

This is the most desperate of straws for people to grasp for, while ignoring the haystack that is Trump's words and actoins.

And to make it even funnier...too many people have already made up their mind and many of them have actually voted already. Even if the laptop messages were 100% real and 100% damning, it's too late for that to matter anymore.

*ahem*

Also:

Team Trump seems to take offense at "Obama spied on my campaign". What, exactly, is this, then? Because it looks like Trump launching an investigation into a political rival.

"But he has evidence!"

And Team Trump was caught talking to Russia. Sorry, I don't make the rules. If it was bad when Obama did it, it's bad when Trump does it. Both or neither.
    You should see the right wing journos on Twitter losing their shit over it. 'BUT THE EMAILS ARE LEGIT! INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS ARE DOOFSIES!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You should see the right wing journos on Twitter losing their shit over it. 'BUT THE EMAILS ARE LEGIT! INTELLIGENCE OFFICIALS ARE DOOFSIES!'
    I have seen more, um, reasonable people saying "Why didn't Rudi turn the emails over to experts to have them verified?" Which is a valid question, except if the story is true, the emails were already turned over to the FBI. Who did nothing, except point out how Trump and Giuliani are vulnerable to Russian intentional misinformation.

By the way, I'm still missing the point of why these emails somehow disqualify Biden. Didn't Trump blackmail Ukraine so hard he got impeached, then responded to that with the Trump Shutdown, destroying peace in the Middle East, killing 225,000 or more Americans and counting and lose jobs? If working with foreign agents is so bad, why is Trump still in power when he did so repeatedly, as in "there are guilty verdicts"?

I have seen more, um, reasonable people saying "Why didn't Rudi turn the emails over to experts to have them verified?" Which is a valid question, except if the story is true, the emails were already turned over to the FBI. Who did nothing, except point out how Trump and Giuliani are vulnerable to Russian intentional misinformation.

By the way, I'm still missing the point of why these emails somehow disqualify Biden. Didn't Trump blackmail Ukraine so hard he got impeached, then responded to that with the Trump Shutdown, destroying peace in the Middle East, killing 225,000 or more Americans and counting and lose jobs? If working with foreign agents is so bad, why is Trump still in power when he did so repeatedly, as in "there are guilty verdicts"?
    Buttery Males. Basically.

So, I haven't followed up on this thread for a little while now, but have people been talking about how in the next presidential debate, that there will be a mute button?

And if so, have anyone predicted the amount of muting that will happen?
    Cause I will say that there will be at least one mute for both participants, Trump will be muted magnitudes more often. Trump will complain about being muted all the time, in which the moderator responds with the number of times Trump has been interrupting and therefore deserved to be muted constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    So, I haven't followed up on this thread for a little while now, but have people been talking about how in the next presidential debate, that there will be a mute button?

Cause I will say that there will be at least one mute for both participants, Trump will be muted magnitudes more often. Trump will complain about being muted all the time, in which the moderator responds with the number of times Trump has been interrupting and therefore deserved to be muted constantly.
    They will be muted during the opening statements for each subject, but there will still be a back and forth willed with interruptions.

In addition to believing the coincidence that Hunter BIden saved incriminating texts on his laptop
    It's completely ridiculous, but I just wanted to point this out ... it was a macbook, so chances are, all his text messages were saved on it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    It's completely ridiculous, but I just wanted to point this out ... it was a macbook, so chances are, all his text messages were saved on it automatically.
    Everything leaked so far has Hunter Biden on trial for being...someone who took advantage of their surname. That's it. Hunter Biden isn't up for election. So no matter how much nepotism played a role in his life, it's entirely irrelevant. Bush Jr became President because of Bush Sr. Means zilch.

And if the wider argument is well...we fear that people could have access to Joe Biden via Hunter Biden, I'd like to point out that two Trump family members serve in the administration and his extended family has profited more off Trump's presidency than any other tenure in history.

So in essence, it is just a LOT MORE pearl clutching by the GOP. Nothing else. There is no evidence of corruption at all. Just lots of whining.

And all of that is assuming that some of the emails aren't fabricated to go alongside legitimate content, thus muddying the waters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post

The mics with be muted for the initial 2 min block for each candidate when moving onto a new subject, and presumably opening/closing statements. Rest of the time will be business as usual, so expect a healthy portion of interruptive gish gallop diarrhea from Trump's mouth. I actually think this will slightly, ever so slightly, help Trump, just because there will be several blocks of time where he simply can't make an ass of himself, as least, verbally. If he's lucky when the mic is muted they'll completely cut the video feed off him too, but, I suspect that won't be the case.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The mics with be muted for the initial 2 min block for each candidate when moving onto a new subject, and presumably opening/closing statements. Rest of the time will be business as usual, so expect a healthy portion of interruptive gish gallop diarrhea from Trump's mouth. I actually think this will slightly, ever so slightly, help Trump, just because there will be several blocks of time where he simply can't make an ass of himself, as least, verbally. If he's lucky when the mic is muted they'll completely cut the video feed off him too, but, I suspect that won't be the case.
    I expect he will shout so that he is still heard.

Which will make him look like a weak impotent fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.