Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Under his eye.
    What is this post for?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What is this post for?
    Probably something vague so that the poster can draw attention to himself. Bees around honey, flies around...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Under his eye.
    It makes it confusing, if you don’t capital the H...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance Divo can reunite to recreate a classic as a Trump song?

When a problem comes along, you must live with it... live with it good... du du du... live with it...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have transcripts? How many times did Trump say Antifa yesterday? Is Hunter Biden the new antifa?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    This TheAtlantic OP ED raises a good point that was shown clearly during the debate.

We know Trump doesn't have a plan for...anything. That's been clear.

Trump has, instead of caring about what voters care about, instead of trying to fix problems that voters have, he's been trying to get voters to look at other things -- even those that aren't really problems. Basically, Trump is trying to win the election by ignoring the lethal outbreak he allowed, by instead saying "But the laptop! But the laptop!" even when his own people can't do anything with it. .

The laptop, which again we have to take Team Trump's word for (and Trump lies all the time about everything), does not magically fix Trump's many broken promises. It does not fix the jobs/GDP issue that we had even in 2019. It does not fix the US's standing on the world stage. It does not end the trade war with China. We cannot build the Wall out of one laptop. It does not fix Trump's now objective compromised nature to foreign assets. The laptop's opinion on the losses to the oil, coal, and steel industries is unknown, but it probably won't reverse them. It does not magically undo all the guilty pleas or guilty verdicts of Team Trump. The laptop did not stop Nazis from marching in the streets, nor did it stop Trump from gassing peaceful protestors so he could hold up a Bible upside down. The laptop did not blackmail a foreign country, and could be the result of said blackmail. The laptop will not strike a deal with Pelosi for CARES 2 (to be fair, Trump is at least trying, but he hasn't done it yet, and I don't see the laptop helping). The laptop will not bring peace to the Middle East.

And the laptop will not revive the hundreds of thousands of Americans who died to a lethal outbreak.

The laptop won't give you your job back, it won't pay your bills when you're fired, and it won't let you hug your loved ones.

Don't vote for the laptop. The laptop doesn't hold any answers. Neither does Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the virus, we can live with a laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unlike the virus, we can live with a laptop...
    No. It's the Laptop from Hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    No. It's the Laptop from Hell.
    I like how Biden brought it up... I also like how the moderator restated her final question... What would you say to America on your inauguration?... after Trump’s 2 min rant about China and laptops... I was watching Trump’s answer, with fingers crossed that she would ask the question again... fucking ass hole...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I like how Biden brought it up... I also like how the moderator restated her final question... What would you say to America on your inauguration?... after Trump’s 2 min rant about China and laptops... I was watching Trump’s answer, with fingers crossed that she would ask the question again... fucking ass hole...
    I think she was just tired by that point. She was like, 'fuck it, we're out of time'.

Complete sidenote. I just realised that Donald Trump's nickname for Adam Schiff is 'Watermelon Head'. It cracked me up.

Skip to 14:25 if you don't want to watch the monologue. The video produced by Kimmel's wife is utterly heartbreaking.

Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-10-23 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    74,301 new cases, about 8k more than last Thursday.
    US reaches second-highest daily total of over 75,000 coronavirus cases

Yeah different sites use slightly different numbers based on when they start, etc.

The United States on Thursday reported at least 75,049 new coronavirus cases, the second-highest daily total across the country since the onset of the pandemic, according a database from The New York Times.

There has been an average of 62,166 cases per day over the past week, an increase of 32 percent from the average two weeks earlier.

The spike is the highest daily count since July, when more than 77,000 infections were recorded in one day.

As of Friday morning, more than 8.4 million people in the country have been infected with the coronavirus. At least 828 new coronavirus deaths were also reported, bringing the country's total death toll to at least 223,000.

Eight states set single-day case records, and 13 states have added more cases in the past week than in any other seven-day period.

In addition, the Midwest and the Rocky Mountains have emerged as new hot spots in recent days.

Officials in Kentucky and Colorado reported single-day records of more than 1,470 and 1,300 cases, respectively. In Ohio, more than 2,425 new cases were reported.
    Meanwhile

It will go away and I say we’re rounding the turn. We are rounding the corner. It is going away
    Trump said this during the debate, in public, the same day.

Cases =/= deaths, but the deaths aren't going down anymore. In fact, they're going up. Regardless of the source you've used, deaths are higher (on average at least) now than they were 7 or 14 days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

By Executive Order, Trump removes the protections from civil servants, allowing them to be fired if they say something true that Trump doesn't like. Specifically, they can be fired for "performance reasons" with no evidence given and no opportunity to challenge.

Trump doesn't want competence, he wants loyalty to Trump.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-10-23 at 02:19 PM.

I listened to the debate on the radio. Trump seemed sharper and livelier than Biden, who sounded slightly faltering and very old. Not that Trump ever actually said anything intelligent, because he's not capable of it. But purely in terms of energy and vigor you wouldn't think there was only 3 years between them.

So, the video is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Bad News for the US and especially Trump's base.
    Because the NYTimes does this so graphically, it's easy to do...this:

Read that text. It's relevant.

Note that the top row is all red states. They're the worst. And in each of those, deaths are now higher than they've ever been.

It's also worth noting that, while there are blue states on the list, most of the blue states that are rising, have been worse in the past. Pennsylvania? Rising, but they've been far worse. Virginia? Same. Illinois? Very same. It's not 100% corellation (Indiana for example) but it's easy to spot the lean both way.

Losing "a few" friends and family members won't change the rabid fanbase, but you're right -- it's still bad news for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fardris View Post
    It is "correlation" fuckwit.

Let me explain something to you fuckwit: the reason the US is not deaing with covid is because you don't have a proper healthcare system. Not because of Trump, who is undoubtedly a moron, but not responsible for your lack of universal healthcare. Because of people like YOU. Everyone in the world knows this apart from people like you. Now fuck off and acquire a basic level of education before commenting on anything, ever, again.
    Relax, burner account, noone is taking you serious anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    So, the video is out.

In all fairness, it does look like he's tucking in his shirt. No excuse for the fuzzing over her befor that, and no idea where it would have gone. The guy's a scumbag, dangerous and disgusting, but I'd not throw around accusations of attempted sex with a minor just like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    In all fairness, it does look like he's tucking in his shirt.
    Yes, but if Giuliani wants to prove how reliable a source he is with Hunter Biden's supposed text messages, maybe being punked by Borat isn't the place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure what you listened to, but it wasn’t last night’s debate.
    Yes, it was last night's debate. Biden did not sound like a man full of energy and ready to hit the ground running if and when he wins the election. To be blunt he sounds old as fuck and ready to hit the rocking chair. And this is not in support of Trump, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, but if Giuliani wants to prove how reliable a source he is with Hunter Biden's supposed text messages, maybe being punked by Borat isn't the place to start.
    Well, true, but I felt like that ship has sailed long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, true, but I felt like that ship has sailed long ago...
    Trump brought it during the debate.

If his lawyer is pranked by a female actor and Borat running around almost naked, how hard is to be a target of foreign agents?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    So, the video is out.
    Twitter made this sound like he was jerking off. The compromising position is being in this "interview" at all, but there was nothing inappropriate with the girl there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Twitter made this sound like he was jerking off. The compromising position is being in this "interview" at all, but there was nothing inappropriate with the girl there.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but if I need to tuck in my shirt and I'm in the presence of a young girl I don't know who I believe to be 15, I'm going to either excuse myself to the bathroom or at the very least turn my back rather than lay splayed out on the bed and yank my pants so far out for the task you could lob watermelons into the gap.

That said, there were even creepier moments in that vid.