Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I more support the ideals of the GOP than Trump
    The GOP is the party of Trump, and the GOP are nothing but ass backwards party of racists that need to be dropped like a bad habit.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was a kid, I was an optimist that believed in the best of people and sharing with everyone.

When you become an adult, views can change. I believe nationalism (faith in your nation above all else) has its place and *excessive* multiculturalism and welcoming of foreigners and immigration can and does lead to problems. A lot of problems we face today. That's as polite as I could put it without singling out any nation or group.

I thought the whole reason the GOP exists isn't to promote white nationalism (as people like to say), but just American interests above all else.

I assume the reason people voted for Trump is not only that, but the fact he seemed more badass than Clinton. The kind of guy that takes shit from no one. Well, it didn't work out, I'll concede that much. My fears with Biden leading is whether or not he'll just resume the quo of being nice to everyone, including dictator mass murderers like Xi Jinping and Salman.
    So, you are basically openly admitting to the same ideals of Nazis then? Not fucking surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I more support the ideals of the GOP than Trump
    So @YUPPIE do you know what might make everyone back off, and give you a second chance?

If you could find literally any post of yours in which you pointed to something Trump did, saying at the time "I think this is wrong" Because otherwise what you have is a 100% track record for backing Trump and the things Trump did. I'm not even asking for a @Skroe -like "this is so offensive I left the entire party". I just feel that literally any evidence that you weren't 100% in the Party of Trump would be useful.

You've been around since Nov 2015, so, there's plenty of time for you to have said that. Why don't you take a look through your previous posts? I mean, there's not that many of them, and they can't all be in these threads. How much time do you think you'd need...could it be 24 hours? That sounds good to me.

Here's a hint: posts are timestamped. Maybe you could remember something Trump did in the past, something specific you remember not liking, finding out when that happened by Google or something, and jump through the Shitshow thread to about that time frame?

And a message to everyone else: let's give YUPPIE the time to prove that YUPPIE is, in fact, not a member of the rabid fanbase. Let's back off the criticism until YUPPIE has had the time to defend himself. If YUPPIE fails, well, I'll sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And a message to everyone else: let's give YUPPIE the time to prove that YUPPIE is, in fact, not a member of the rabid fanbase. Let's back off the criticism until YUPPIE has had the time to defend himself.
    What do you say... about 24 hours? Seems like a nice number for some reason.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

217,779 new cases; about 3k fewer than last Thursday. That should be great news, except Missouri and Nebraska haven't reported yet so the total is likely to be more than last week once it's all in...but not by much! No idea yet if this is an anomaly or not. We'll see if it continues tomorrow.

Top 20:

California: 31,983 new cases; 164 deaths
    Texas: 13,483 new cases; 245 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 12,021 new cases; 226 deaths
    Ohio: 11,738 new cases; 111 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 11,101 new cases; 232 deaths
    New York: 10,281 new cases; 92 deaths
    Georgia: 7,623 new cases (new record); 54 deaths
    Indiana: 6,518 new cases; 97 deaths
    Michigan: 6,302 new cases; 194 deaths
    Tennessee: 6,011 new cases; 69 deaths
    North Carolina: 5,556 new cases; 53 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,369 new cases; 43 deaths
    Arizona: 4,928 new cases; 73 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,905 new cases; 77 deaths
    Alabama: 4,735 new cases (new record); 49 deaths
    Colorado: 4,649 new cases; 120 deaths
    Kentucky: 4,314 new cases (new record); 28 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,034 new cases; 57 deaths
    Virginia: 3,915 new cases; 54 deaths
    Minnesota: 3,499 new cases; 89 deaths

Nevada was the only other state with a new record--50 deaths.

A comparatively "quiet" day today with few records, lower total than last Thursday (though that will change, as stated above) and lower totals in several surging states. I'm extremely skeptical that this means we've reached the peak, however, and feel that it's more likely a brief respite or calm before the storm. Positivity overall hasn't changed all that much from yesterday which means it's still wildly uncontrolled across most of the country, so even though the final tally may only be a couple thousand higher than last week I'm not expecting that to become the norm yet. There's also the chance that last week's numbers were still being slightly inflated from catch-up reporting given that the last time there was a 3-day weekend it took over a week for everything to sort itself out. This was a 4-day weekend for many.

2,974 deaths is "only" about 50 more than last Thursday and brings the total to 299,692. This will, however, also go up as the last couple states report in, likely bringing us over 3k again. Don't expect this number to go down very much for a long time. Bear in mind that these are deaths from new cases registered a couple weeks (or more) ago and the case count has only increased since then. We'll be losing 15k+ people per week for a while. The CDC says we'll be losing more people than died in 9/11 for 60 straight days. Fuck Trump, fuck the GOP and fuck you if you still support any of those ghouls.

Related news:

Out of hospital, Rudy Giuliani reveals he received COVID-19 drug unavailable to most Americans--Hey, what a fucking surprise. Another useless asshole gets premium medical care that most Americans could never dream of.

200 hospitals have been at full capacity, and 1/3 of all US hospitals are almost out of ICU space as Covid-19 surges--Things. Are. Not. Improving.

Chances for COVID-19 relief compromise grow dimmer--Thank fuckface McConnell for this one. You assholes complaining that the Democrats are holding up the aid conveniently give McConnell a pass EVERY time for blocking it when it doesn't contain liability protections for businesses. The Democrats can't be the one to compromise all the time. They've been compromising since May.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-12-11 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    brings the total to 299,692.
    Or put another way, it would be 9/11 times a hundred.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    America: Fuck, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another Trump official subpoena'd.

It's about the census. The thing Trump tried to just change all the rules for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    America: Fuck, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another Trump official subpoena'd.

It's about the census. The thing Trump tried to just change all the rules for.
    Will Trump be able to pardon all these people on time?

I mean, he's not exactly know for being on top of things or having a good head for... well, anything. Let alone remembering who all actually worked out these insidious little contrivances.

If all of these people keep cropping up in relation to cases, how's he going to get all of them off the hook in the next... 41 days? Especially considering he hasn't started.

It's like these GOP members are those little demons in the Night on Bald Mountain segment from Fantasia trying to prostrate themselves to Satan, but the morning bell and Ave Maria have already started tolling.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

I mean, he's not exactly know for being on top of things or having a good head for... well, anything. Let alone remembering who all actually worked out these insidious little contrivances.

If all of these people keep cropping up in relation to cases, how's he going to get all of them off the hook in the next... 41 days? Especially considering he hasn't started.

It's like these GOP members are those little demons in the Night on Bald Mountain segment from Fantasia trying to prostrate themselves to Satan, but the morning bell and Ave Maria have already started tolling.
    I think you're giving Trump too much credit. I have a strong suspicion that most of the stuff he does is a matter of telling someone else to do something, and them coming back with a form and a pen to sign it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think you're giving Trump too much credit. I have a strong suspicion that most of the stuff he does is a matter of telling someone else to do something, and them coming back with a form and a pen to sign it with.
    I'd figure that, at this point in time, most of the people that have been keeping any sort of track of that sort of thing either abandoned ship or are trying to put their names at the top of that list.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I'm putting this article about Tulsi Gabbard here, because it belong with the trash that is the Trump administration:
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tulsi...75841389b5?hy8

I'd like to see any of the "Dems" who supported her in the primaries advocate for her literally introducing TERF anti-trans legislation to fucking Congress in a lame duck session right before she's leaving Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm putting this article about Tulsi Gabbard here, because it belong with the trash that is the Trump administration:

I'd like to see any of the "Dems" who supported her in the primaries advocate for her literally introducing TERF anti-trans legislation to fucking Congress in a lame duck session right before she's leaving Congress.
    Well, it also does fit to Trumper's "He is so LGBT friendly! He hold a rainbow flag once!!!!!" - Before banning transgender people from military service on bogus reasons, complaining, after Gorsuch sided with the "liberal" judges, that sexual orientation and identity is included in anti discrimination laws.. But yeah. He is soooooo0 LGBT friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

She and Trump are eerily similar, realizing they couldn't get voted in with the party they wanted to be, they instead went with the other party to con people into getting their vote, grifted a bunch of low info people, like idk how any dem could support someone who is so openly a bigot especially any self proclaimed progressives! I'm not even talking about the LGBT crap either, her stance with India's Modi is pretty glaringly "I'm a bigot." So not sure why anyone believed "oh i was just a bigot when i was younger in regards to LGBT" when she's clearly still a bigot, her political career was nothing but a con, and I would not actually be surprised if she voted for Trump in 2020. My guess is her "supporters" will stay in denial just like Trumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    GOPs ideals are Trump's ideals, he's literally the incarnate of the gop values. greed, narcissism, and cruelty
    Not to mention Trump is kind of the inevitable end result of the Southern strategy. By dog whistle appealing to racists they ended up electing an open racist, because "he says it like it is" aka doesn't bother with the dog whistle.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    We're looking at "blanket pardon" levels of swamp dwelling here.

I find it highly unlikely that toddler Trump, who can't even read a one-page intelligence report, will pardon specifically and individually everyone who committed a crime at his request. And I don't think there's precendent for "I pardon everone" that will stand up in SCourtOTUS.

Trump will, I predict, do one of three things:
    1) Conveniently forget to pardon everyone except Trump.
    2) Pardon some of the bigger names (like Flynn) and leave the various underlings to fend for themselves. They can and will say "hey, the boss made me do it" but the boss will be pardoned so that won't help.
    3) Attempt a blanket pardon, and we'll all learn a valuable lesson in the following months.

In that order of likelihood. #3 seems too much like admission by Trump that Trump did nothing but hire entire binders full of criminals, and he'd be coached that it probably won't work. Trump is a piece of #2 and I can totally see him doing this to massive applause to troll the Democrats. But Trump is first and foremost a massive narcissist and probable sociopath. People whose names aren't Trump don't matter to him once they are of no use to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I would love to see him try to pardon himself just so it cam be tested in court.
    That's a separate issue, and I believe one we'll never see. As much as Trump likes Trump, I think Trump likes not going to jail more. He'll find a way to step down that his rabid fanbase will cheer, rather than risk a jumpsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Or put yet another way, it would be Benghazi times 74923, or 749230 investigations of Trump. Or, in terms of time, more than the entire Trump regime has combined in their lifetimes.

I mean, in fairness, if republicans spent the next 200000 years being investigated, they'd still get a pretty good deal compared to what they pull.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2020-12-11 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I would love to see him try to pardon himself just so it cam be tested in court.
    I actually think pardoning himself is really risky. Biden doesn't really want to prosecute Trump. If Trump self pardons, he will HAVE to take that all the way to the supreme court, because the president being able to pardon himself is not something that we can just leave as precedent. Once trump is on record as having admitting guilt through his self pardon, the DOJ will have no choice but to prosecute him for the crimes he admitted to.

HEY guess who as expected became debt king?

Trumpy trump

27,405,075,760,879 debt as of today an increase of 7,457,771,205,667 since the day he took office.

Holy hell he almost beat Obama in just 4 years. Maybe he should have taken Covid seriously he could have cut that number by trillions.

Whelp, i guess they will start crying about debt towards the end of Jan 2021 again....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    NY DA starts interviewing witnesses in the ongoing investigation into Trump's various state crimes. Specifically, they're talking to his banks (yes, Deutsche Bank is on the list) and his insurers.

As a reminder, NY has been looking at Trump hard for the last couple years. More recently, with Cohen's testimony, we have reason to believe Trump told insurers one value and tax assessors another. Since they can't both be different and true, there's a high chance NYState has evidence of tax fraud, insurance fraud, or both. Tax fraud sends him to jail poor. If he lied to people giving him loans, however, he might actually be in more trouble, since loan contracts (legally enforceable) don't have text that says "If you defraud us, we'll shrug our shoulders and accept what you think is payment". They instead contain text that says "if you defraud us, we take your money or your house, whichever one we see fit, and also call the cops".

Trump's Deustche Bank loans are personally guaranteed, meaning they can go after Trump's wallet directly. If he tries to pay through campaign funds, he'll go to jail for that, too. If he declares bankruptcy, that's not a "I get to keep everything" button. If anything, it probably means Deustche Bank gets to collect their missing money from other Trump sources -- Mar-a-Lago for example -- by court order which he can't stop. (Trump probably owes less than he's worth, but the last few article we've seen on the subject say "not by much")

There continue to be rumors that Trump will flee the country. I disagree. But even if I'm wrong, he can't bring his properties with him. Part of me hopes Deutsche Bank and the NY AG come to some kind of King Solomon's split and each take half of Trump Tower, including renaming it.

"Hey mac, where're you going?"
    "I'm trying to get to Sac's Fifth Avenue, you know how I can get there?"
    "Yeah, just turn left at the former Trump Tower. It's right there."
    "The one that says DBAG on it?"
    "Yeah, we called it DBAG building for years. They just now put up the sign."

So all of this...plus now we know NYState is ready to hit the ground running Jan 20th, 12:01 Central Fuck You Time.

Barring a SCOTUS miracle coup dictator takeover (for which he could be shot and killed by his own staff), the next few weeks/months will be very painful for Trump. He can't pardon state crimes and there's a legion of motivated witnesses who would rather keep their jobs than please their least favorite deadbeat customer.

When I was a kid, I was an optimist that believed in the best of people and sharing with everyone.

When you become an adult, views can change. I believe nationalism (faith in your nation above all else) has its place and *excessive* multiculturalism and welcoming of foreigners and immigration can and does lead to problems. A lot of problems we face today. That's as polite as I could put it without singling out any nation or group.

I thought the whole reason the GOP exists isn't to promote white nationalism (as people like to say), but just American interests above all else.

I assume the reason people voted for Trump is not only that, but the fact he seemed more badass than Clinton. The kind of guy that takes shit from no one. Well, it didn't work out, I'll concede that much. My fears with Biden leading is whether or not he'll just resume the quo of being nice to everyone, including dictator mass murderers like Xi Jinping and Salman.
    Nah, people voted for him, because they liked that he was a sexist, racist piece of shit.