Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You misread the article. It was talking specifically about the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, not all vaccines. Note the definite article 'the'. Poor writing, perhaps, but not incorrect.

The article is correctly reporting that Alex Azar is stating that there will be enough total vaccine doses to treat every American who wants the vaccine by June.

So blame Azar, like the rest of us.
    exactly, it's why in my post I was factoring other pharmas getting in like J&J sometime next year which should hopefully put us over that herd immunity by the end of next year, June I don't think is gonna put us there despite what Azar says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    He's done nothing, but mope since election day of 2016 yeah.
    I wish trump had done nothing but mope since 2016. Or even November 3rd of this year.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump has been saying for months he wanted to give big stimulus checks in round 2. McConnell stonewalled him thus far.
    Yeah, seems strange that people are expressing surprise -- maybe it's the "why" not the "what"? McConnell is already prepared to re-stonewall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Just rallies, getting his ass kicked by Pelosi, and then tweeting.
    Cliff's Notes for the last four years, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And now that his strategy is to just not sign it, making a veto effective in 10 days rather than having the veto be effective today so they can get to the next step, it's more like he is trolling the country rather than trying to make things better.

This is just plain dumb.
    Dumb is an understatment. There is gonna be ANOTHER damn government shutdown in 5 days if this doesn't get signed. Like I think people here are super optimistic about the 2K checks without seeing the other consequences of what this actually is trump being a little bitch because McConnell said Biden is President-elect. And now people will suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean what has he really done on an official capacity? Infrastructure week? Space force? (I think space force is actually official now??)
    He’s alienated US allies, overseen policies that have stuck children in cages, pardoned war criminals, degraded US worldwide hegemony to be filled by dictators, engendered dangerous neo nazis and white supremacists and massively bungled a deadly virus outbreak through his constant and repeated denial in the face of all science and medical advice leading to the deaths of over 300,000 Americans.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean what has he really done on an official capacity? Infrastructure week?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah that went fucking nowhere.

It might be the most Trumpian part of his tenure, that self-proclaimed best bestbestiest best builder Trump lost his Wall to McConnell and his Infrastructure Week(s) to literal torch-carrying Nazis he personally emboldened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He’s alienated US allies, overseen policies that have stuck children in cages, pardoned war criminals, degraded US worldwide hegemony to be filled by dictators, engendered dangerous neo nazis and white supremacists and massively bungled a deadly virus outbreak through his constant and repeated denial in the face of all science and medical advice leading to the deaths of over 300,000 Americans.
    So what you’re saying is that the Republican Party has successfully managed in the space of four years what the Soviet Union couldn’t manage in almost half a century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    see the thing i don't understand about these sort of descriptions is that any human being that isn't a psychopath or sociopath would have probably committed suicide or attempted it at being accused of a quarter of those crimes. But Trump demonstrates little to no hard feelings over any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    see the thing i don't understand about these sort of descriptions is that any human being that isn't a psychopath or sociopath would have probably committed suicide or attempted it at being accused of a quarter of those crimes. But Trump demonstrates little to no hard feelings over any of it.
    Ironically, you've answered your second sentence quite handily in your first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaannd the defense bill has been veto'd despite it passing with a veto-proof majority in both chambers, now forcing GOP Congressmen to choose between defense funding or to stand with Trump.

Trump's committed to playing the loser until the bitter end, I see. Question is how much damage is the GOP going to incur in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Aaaaannd the defense bill has been veto'd despite it passing with a veto-proof majority in both chambers, now forcing GOP Congressmen to choose between defense funding or to stand with Trump.

Trump's committed to playing the loser until the bitter end, I see. Question is how much damage is the GOP going to incur in the process.
    mr pro military....
    another lie proven again in the final death of one of the worst presidencies ever.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It takes 2 to stonewall here unless McConnell wants a shutdown and no stimulus.
    The terrifying news is: it's easy to believe that McConnell might just have worked this out with Trump in order to achieve their goal of no stimulus, with the shutdown being something that just does not concern them.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Ironic given she was not open to any stimulus unless Biden won.
    sure this would be true if she didn't pass on stimulus after another since may...that were never voted on by the senate or even supported by the president....

has your head been under a rock for most of the year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Bet the price was just a LITTLE higher than if the Trump administration had done this when they negotiated the purchase initially...

Notice how Europe paid $14.50/dose for 200 million doses while we paid $19.50/dose for 100 million doses: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/u...ine-doses.html

Trump truly is the most spectacular deal maker!
    the real question is how much is being paid for the administration of the vaccine and distribution.

its good that they had as much as they had in place given this administration but this should have all been fucking "militarized" and fucking made into a massive effort with factories converted and running full tilt across the country. This is why we have government.

Defense Production Act should have had 20x as many production plants set up by now and a massive distribution plan set up by the greatest logistics organization in the country, our military.

Optics would have been shit but, not like they are not fucked right now anyway.

2 billion dollars spent on vaccine while we have no problem throwing another 30 billion at airlines so their execs get paid. sigh.

then again we can't even keep toilet paper in stock so.....we've come a long way since WW2 haven't we
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This person is so dumb, so destructible on himself it amazes me. So close to having 4 more years of him.

2020 was likely worst year collectively in our lives but could have been worse and we were lucky in the end.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The terrifying news is: it's easy to believe that McConnell might just have worked this out with Trump in order to achieve their goal of no stimulus, with the shutdown being something that just does not concern them.
    I don't think so because the only reason McConnell is doing this is to make sure republicans win GA , Trump is forcing them to make a choice that will piss off the Trumpists they need to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This person is so dumb, so destructible on himself it amazes me. So close to having 4 more years of him.

2020 was likely worst year collectively in our lives but could have been worse and we were lucky in the end.
    2008, which Bush was able to do in 8 years, was the old "worst year for America".

Trump outdid Bush in 4, and the US declined a LOT more in 2020 than it did in 2008.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think so because the only reason McConnell is doing this is to make sure republicans win GA , Trump is forcing them to make a choice that will piss off the Trumpists they need to win.
    I agree 100% with the way you wrote this. I don't think so. But in our current political environment, there is no way to know just what is going on in the back rooms.

Warp speed???

umm for a turtle maybe?

WTF are they doing?? They should have had massive administration places set up in oct-nov......ready for start in December!!!
    How fucking hard they are fucking this up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/covi...-december.html

The CDC said just 1,008,025 shots had been administered as of Wednesday at 9 a.m. ET.
    That’s roughly 19 million doses shy of earlier projections for December.
    It leaves public officials a little more than a week — about 8 days — to try to close that gap.

The U.S. would need to vaccinate more than 2.1 million people per day through Dec. 31 to meet its goal. Two vaccines – from Pfizer and Moderna – have been authorized for use by the Food and Drug Administration, and the U.S. has shipped a total of 9,465,725 doses across the nation, according to CDC data.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I agree 100% with the way you wrote this. I don't think so. But in our current political environment, there is no way to know just what is going on in the back rooms.
    The Trump administration right now seems to be stuck in the deepest mire of crazy with everything being more moody than ever if anything this might be part of the fit Trump is throwing. The right wing media is attacking republicans for not sticking up for Trump and that's all he watches.

I'm 100% convinced of the pee tapes. Like Trump is the most bitter spiteful bitch ever, to every single person who ever dare say anything against him, except to putin, who is the sole exception who congratulated Biden, than hacked the shit out of our govt, and Trump still defending him, like the bitch he is. Putin has some real serious shit on Trump, pee tapes and who knows what else, I can not think of any other explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Warp speed???

umm for a turtle maybe?

WTF are they doing?? They should have had massive administration places set up in oct-nov......ready for start in December!!!
    How fucking hard they are fucking this up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/23/covi...-december.html

The CDC said just 1,008,025 shots had been administered as of Wednesday at 9 a.m. ET.
    That’s roughly 19 million doses shy of earlier projections for December.
    It leaves public officials a little more than a week — about 8 days — to try to close that gap.

The U.S. would need to vaccinate more than 2.1 million people per day through Dec. 31 to meet its goal. Two vaccines – from Pfizer and Moderna – have been authorized for use by the Food and Drug Administration, and the U.S. has shipped a total of 9,465,725 doses across the nation, according to CDC data.
    CDC projections, have been kind of a joke since the beginning of covid. It's kinda mixed though, some places are going real smooth in their distribution, others are having some difficulties.

So what you’re saying is that the Republican Party has successfully managed in the space of four years what the Soviet Union couldn’t manage in almost half a century.
    No foreign nation has ever done as much damage to America as the GOP has since 1996. It was a slow burn at first but in 2010 they really kicked things up a notch. 2016 was another milestone. 2024 will be lights out America.
    Last edited by Valdhammer; 2020-12-23 at 11:29 PM.