Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Technically, the Nazi government was "the people."

I just don't want government controlling every aspect of our lives, especially when private industry is more than capable of handling it.
    Technically, the people are also capable of creating benign governments that actually serve its citizens.

Private industry is usually too busy tripping over its own dick to actually get any meaningful work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Technically, the people are also capable of creating benign governments that actually serve its citizens.

Private industry is usually too busy tripping over its own dick to actually get any meaningful work done.
    And yet, private industry is leading the way in opposing Nazis like Trump.

Clyburn's statement today that democrats may wait until 100 days into Biden's term to send Trump's impeachment to the senate is a good indicator that the whole thing is probably dead. Yeah, those of us who care enough to chat on the internet about it understand why he should be convicted even if he's out of office - but most Americans don't understand it or understand why they should care as soon as he actually leaves the building. If the trial happens even one week after he's out, the general consensus among voters will be "yeah he sucked, but he's gone, why are we wasting time on this?" That will give enough Republican leeway to vote against, and even conservative democrats like Manchin may decide to vote against it for some extra points in their next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, private industry is leading the way in opposing Nazis like Trump.
    I think you need to look at the recent election results. The people have spoken.

Private industry greed and incompetence is what gave Trump his bullhorn to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nj.com/sports/2021/01/pg...outputType=amp

Man, this is gonna hurt. Fomenting a coup has real repurcussions, not just losing your social media accounts.

The PGA will reportedly be stripping his Bedminster course from the PGA Championship in 2022.

Without social media or golf, what does Trump have left?
    The man staged a failed attempt to overthrow the government. All of these repercussions he’s facing are a joke when you consider that penalty for treason is death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I think you need to look at the recent election results. The people have spoken.

Private industry greed and incompetence is what gave Trump his bullhorn to begin with.
    Yes, the people did speak.

The people also spoke when they elected the Nazi in the first place.

I have very little faith in "people."

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    The man staged a failed attempt to overthrow the government. All of these repercussions he’s facing are a joke when you consider that penalty for treason is death.
    "§2381. Treason
    Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, OR shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Not automatic.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?...2C000%3B%20and

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Man, this is gonna hurt. Fomenting a coup has real repurcussions, not just losing your social media accounts.

The PGA will reportedly be stripping his Bedminster course from the PGA Championship in 2022.

Spending more time with his family?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Spending more time with his family?
    Doing more time with his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Now I'm wiping cereal off my monitor.

Thanks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Now I'm wiping cereal off my monitor.

Thanks.
    Oh sure. I spend ages making a sweet Cyndi Lauper parody for crickets but I spend two seconds being a smartass and it gets all the attention. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I envy your wife sometimes. Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure. I spend ages making a sweet Cyndi Lauper parody for crickets but I spend two seconds being a smartass and it gets all the attention. :P
    One of my favorite quotes is "Brevity is the soul of wit," which includes my appreciation of the irony of its speaker.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Let's see all piece of crap Sports celebs/athletes that still choose to golf with him. Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Brett Favre etc. Hey just want to thank all the athletes out their for supporting fascism and racism through gold. Shows what type of sport golf really is.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    One of my favorite quotes is "Brevity is the soul of wit," which includes my appreciation of the irony of its speaker.
    He was no great shakes.

Timing is everything.

Just incited an insurrectionist mob to try and kidnap/kill elected officials and storm the Capitol building? BETTER GIVE A FOOTBALL GUY A MEDAL!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...nt-push-457248

During these trying times, Trump is giving the Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the land...to Bill Belichick. Is America Great Again, yet?

BREAKING: Speaker Nancy Pelosi in letter to colleagues says House will proceed with legislation to impeach President Trump for a second time. https://t.co/58Dpkp99OL
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/1348417399930945538?s=19

Two times a charm.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Just incited an insurrectionist mob to try and kidnap/kill elected officials and storm the Capitol building? BETTER GIVE A FOOTBALL GUY A MEDAL!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...nt-push-457248

During these trying times, Trump is giving the Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the land...to Bill Belichick. Is America Great Again, yet?
    going to Alamo is a bit on the fucking nose.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    going to Alamo is a bit on the fucking nose.
    Maybe he just wants to be the bigliest loser at the Alamo in US history?