Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He is, and a quick search shows he's a zionist, or at least loved by zionists? That'd explain it a bit, but don't you usually clip that to your hair so you don't need to constantly reach up and grab it so it doesn't fall off while going about your normal day? >.>
    Follow-up: How much hair does he have in that region? My friends who do it are bald in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s possible, I just don’t know why he wouldn’t wear his yarmulke. It almost feels like someone has an issue considering he’s also not observing Shabbat after the Senate approved a break for it.
    Oh I'm not falling on either side of it--I just want to make sure people are making fun of him because he's a fucking idiot, not because of something that might come across as anti-Semitic if it turns out I'm right. I'm perfectly happy to be proven wrong.

EDIT: From what little I've read he sounds like the kind of person who would wear it as a "costume" to influence judges/juries and considering the crowd he's playing for in this case it wouldn't surprise me for him to leave it out.

I'll say, at least it looks like he came prepared with a printed out speech and props.

First guy looks like he scribbled his down on a legal pad on his way to the Capitol building.

It’s 100% that he’s an idiot. If I’m not wearing a hat I don’t hold it on when it’s windy.
    Yarmulkes are so light you don't even know you're wearing one most of the time. It's not the same as wearing a ball cap or fedora, after all. I guess what I'm saying is there's no doubt he's an idiot, but this particular gesture might not be the cinch you think it is.

Hey People! A President can commit ANY crime last day in office and then cant be prosecuted when he leaves! Sounds right
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Hey People! A President can commit ANY crime last day in office and then cant be prosecuted when he leaves! Sounds right
    Sounds like that is his main argument.

"BUT HE LITERALLY MURDERED THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE!"

"Yeah, but he's not POTUS anymore. Please think about unity and healing, the Framers clearly never meant for a president to be punished for anything they did during their presidency once it has ended."

Today is going to be such a waste of time. I hope these arguments don’t bleed into tomorrow. We all know he won’t be convicted, let’s hurry this shit up.
    Basically should say "Listen you partisan hacks, we know you will vote to acquit cause you are gutless and have no morals. Let's vote". Sadly nothing will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

"BUT HE LITERALLY MURDERED THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE!"

"Yeah, but he's not POTUS anymore. Please think about unity and healing, the Framers clearly never meant for a president to be punished for anything they did during their presidency once it has ended."
    The funny thing is people have cynically said the same about Hillary Clinton and Benghazi. She was out of office when they had her speak and some of the hearings.

So if anyone leaves office they have immunity.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I guess if your scalp is numb, sure. When I wore one to accompany my gf to Temple it was pretty noticeable. But my hair was just buzzed and not... gone. So I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he’s just stupid and unable to remember he’s not wearing a yarmulke.
    I mean, yeah, if you're not used to wearing one frequently then of course it's noticeable. Although I'd be surprised if you were still super conscious that you were wearing it after the first hour unless you were unduly fixated. Either way the bottom line remains there are dozens of reasons to think the dude is an idiot without trying to make up another. *shrug* You do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the--

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    well, these guys have only been on the case for like a week
    Hold on, I'm getting to that.

Trump's D-team argues that his impeachment is politically motivated.

We’re really here because the majority of the House of Representatives does not want to face Donald Trump as a political candidate in the future.
    "But...Trump lost."

Yes.

"That argument is old-man flaccid."

Yes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmm...why does it feels like he is saying it’s ok what happen on the 6th.

Also what happen to his speaking? He sounds shaky and scared. It was fine earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    why does it feels like he is saying it’s ok what happen on the 6th
    The GOP might not want to use this defense, but Trump has no choice. He incited a mob that murdered a policeman. He could die in prison.

So if I'm hearing him right, he's arguing that the only remedy is prosecution, and it's totally fine for him to resign one minute before an impeachment conviction because he can still be prosecuted legally. He's citing the constitution's clause that impeachment doesn't make the party immune from prosecution.

But there are some very obvious logical flaws there. Namely, to accept that argument that impeachment conviction doesn't make immune to prosecution, you're inherently accepting that a president who resigns one minute before his Senate conviction can still be convicted. After all, how could his impeachment conviction not grant immunity if he couldn't be convicted to begin with?

But it's also avoiding the question altogether. Our constitution doesn't say you can't run for office if you're convicted of a crime. If he resigns before he's convicted, and he can thus no longer be convicted, he avoids all political ramifications. He can run for public office again even if he's arrested. He can run for office from jail. It's been done before.

Wow, imagine that, a lawyer actually yielding back time he doesn't think would be productive, instead of continuing to talk just to hear himself talk. The Trump lawyers could learn something from him.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Wow, imagine that, a lawyer actually yielding back time he doesn't think would be productive, instead of continuing to talk just to hear himself talk. The Trump lawyers could learn something from him.
    I think that was a serious mistake, really. They really should have addressed the arguments the second guy made, because they're going to be cited endlessly on Fox News despite having holes a mile wide. Like Trump's first impeachment, democrats look like they may fail the messaging game because they're too focused on the righteousness of their cause.

Wearing anything is noticeable unless you’re numb.
    Demonstrably false, but I forgot you're the guy who will die on any hill because reasons, so I'll drop it to keep this ridiculous derailment from going further.

44 Senators who voted that it is unconstitutional to impeach a former President are pieces of dung.

I know, I know. Technically it's not up to them, so vote is moot. We all get the picture here and again previously what Trump's lawyer tried to argue the 'slippery slope', would turn around in a nano second to get a Dem President.

5+ Year Old Account
    Weird. I feel when I am wearing anything. I guess I’m just a weirdo. Like the moron who’s boss told him not to wear the stupid hat and that his silly religious beliefs aren’t worth an extra day of his time... and then said sure thing boss!
    Are you saying your body doesn’t go through sensory habituation?

https://dictionary.apa.org/habituation

1. in general, the process of growing accustomed to a situation or stimulus.

2. the diminished effectiveness of a stimulus in eliciting a response, following repeated exposure to the stimulus.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-02-09 at 10:27 PM.

CSPAN callers are fun. Democrats comin to git us, veterans who think their service alone, not the Constitution, is why we have a right to vote (doubly so for veterans who were sent to Korea and Vietnam, neither of which posed a domestic threat in the slightest), something about God and something else.

I was half listening, but man are they working overtime to make 100% certain we know they're all a bunch of ignorant nutters.

5+ Year Old Account
    CSPAN callers are fun. Democrats comin to git us, veterans who think their service alone, not the Constitution, is why we have a right to vote (doubly so for veterans who were sent to Korea and Vietnam, neither of which posed a domestic threat in the slightest), something about God and something else.

I was half listening, but man are they working overtime to make 100% certain we know they're all a bunch of ignorant nutters.
    And proud of it.