10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Even Steve Bannon, who was broadcasting from this bullshit symposium, even said there was no evidence presented to show that China hacked the election.
    Bannon knew what he was getting into. He even used fairly kind language, saying things like "he didn't show us proof" when everyone else said "there isn't proof and he's insane". He also said things like "I'd have done things differently" instead of "there isn't proof and he's insane".

Bannon is still pushing Trump's claims of fraud, despite personally promoting this event as one of the biggest sources of evidence to such claims and personally showing how it failed to deliver. The AZ Senate is doing the same thing by refusing to say "The audit was a farce and proved no fraud exists" they're saying "just because Cyber Ninjas didn't find anything doesn't mean we don't need voter suppression laws".

A: I believe XXX happened and I have evidence on this piece of paper.
    B: No you don't. This piece of paper is blank.
    A: Well I still believe XXX happened.

Lindell could lose business, he could lose face, he could lose airtime and the lawsuit might ruin him. But he got what he needed: Trump's rabid fanbase to continue to spread baseless conspiracy theories about stolen elections even longer. Bannon has done the same, and will continue to do so. He'll just have to find someone else with "proof" to tout for six months then come up empty.

I just watched a 19 minute YouTube of the symposium, that's a lie, I watched 3 minutes 37 seconds and stopped before my brain vomited. It's a farce. A guy is being green screened over seemingly random images while claiming Cuomo resigned and there was a mass shooting to distract from the symposium. And supposedly a bunch of other states are going to have a forensic audit and MORE RESULTS TO BE RELEASED TODAY 10PM which was three hours ago.

Oh, and apparently the feed went fuzzy 8 hours ago and everyone was tweeting that the symposium was being attacked again.

It's a deranged circus.

Again, if Lindell actually had this data, (a) he should have turned it over to law enforcement and (b) immediately been arrested for touching it, even if he claimed it fell off a truck in China.

Oh, and Lindell's security expert is still saying he found usefull stuff. Which we've heard before.

Merritt, however, said he still feels the data they were given contains important “forensic” proof that voters were manipulated, and he congratulated himself for what he was able to do with it.

“We were handed a turd,” he told the Times. “And I had to take that turd and turn it into a diamond. And that’s what I think we did.”

Before becoming Lindell’s lead “cyber expert,” Merritt had been pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell’s secret “military intelligence expert” in her “Kraken” lawsuits alleging foreign actors had used Dominion voting machines to steal votes from Trump. Merritt, known as “Spyder” in Powell’s court filings, is an information technology consultant and an Army veteran. However, he never completed an entry-level training course for military intelligence and was not an intelligence analyst.

All of the Powell cases he offered expert testimony to were tossed out of court.
    This is one of the Trumpier things out there. Admission you don't have evidence, but still claim the nothing you have somehow proves your point.

I can't wait for our resident members of the rabid fanbase return, because I want to put each and every single one of them on the spot about this. And Maricopa. I want each and every one of them to defend the allegations of fraud, when people spent months and millions and looked very specifically for it, and found nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    South Dakota doesn't report daily, but they report something like every other day or every three days.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    FYI, it just looks like they do one data dump each week on Thursdays
    Hmm. Well I guess that's one way to go, although I'm not ready to call that honest, either.

Also, I believe that bushido thought we were talking about the year-to-year amount of deaths rather than the last week's worth out of there.
    Well, that's not the context PWW or I were discussing, so if it's a miscommunication we'll find out shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. Well I guess that's one way to go, although I'm not ready to call that honest, either.
    A lot of states started reporting that way months and months ago--every other day, every few days, etc.. Florida's plan was to switch to weekly reporting (that didn't last long) and I think one state stopped reporting altogether but it's been so long since that happened I can't remember which. I think I raised a stink about it then, but honestly time has started losing meaning to me lately.

Several states have had odd reporting schemes the whole pandemic. Most have been pretty innocuous if a bit annoying. Even though I fucking can't stand Kristi Noem and believe she's just a couple steps below Trump in terms of the world's most awful people, I don't think she's been monkeying with the numbers. If she was going to do it it would have been back when her state was widely known as the worst region in the world for COVID last year. She just doesn't care--and most of her constituents are content with her not caring.

Not sure why I keep thinking that #FreeBrit is a thing but this guy Mike is on the loose lol. He's free to waste all this cash and be 100% nutters on tv, yet our girl brit can't get her nails done?
    I know it isn't the same but ISNT IT? lol
    Like what qualified Kanye for his 5150 and not this guy?
    Remember those weird stories of the crazy guy that hears radio signals in his tooth fillings? It was based on this guy right?
    Do I blame Reagan? Or flouride?

they should let mike lindell present jeopardy

I actually think Mike Lindipshit is actually a true believer in the trash he's peddling. I think he actually believes it. It, I believe, is his new addiction.
    @Hollycakes made a great comparison between him and Britney. He should be in a treatment facility getting help.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I did not vote for Trump, and I'm saying right now I do not support him.

That was easy to refute your nonsense.
    FYI if your voting options are

A, Person A
    B, Person B
    C, I don't care

Your options are still binary. By voting C you are saying you don't care if A or B wins. That you are fine with either of them.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Just saw the news about why Rand and his libertarians are pushing vaccine hesitancy, it’s so he can profit from his wife’s investment in covid treatments(not vaccines).
    I am absolutely shocked that Rand "they can't arrest all of us" Paul would commit a crime. This asshole needs to be expelled from the Senate and given a nice, long prison sentence.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

If he’s not doing drugs right now then he needs professional help for sure. The guy acts like he’s coked up constantly.
    Whether he is coked up or if he isn't, he needs professional help either way.

I pity the true believers as i guarantee most of them have synapses on the fritz.

Its the fuckers like trump, bannon, cruz, paul, etc. who purposely tug on these people's medumbass oblongatas like they are milking a cow.

End of the day, Lindell is just a crazy person screaming at trees and he needs meds and therapy.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    As DeSantis continues to wage war upon his own voters, 90%+ of ICU beds filled, 20k+ cases per day, etc etc -- I think I have a possible answer to the school situation, at least.

DeSantis responded to the White House’s suggestion on Tuesday, arguing that the federal government has no right to involve itself in parents’ decision to have their children wear masks or not.

“I think that they really believe government should rule over the parents’ decisions, and I think the parents’ decision in this regard should ultimately be what is done,” DeSantis said at a press conference. “The idea that the federal government would get involved in that I think obviously would be very inappropriate.”
    The suggestion? The federal government should just, you know, do it anyway.

DeSantis has already made it clear that, as the governor, he overrules cities or counties. Well, federal beats state when any state funds are involved, which with public schools, they are.

Just send federal "education troopers" to the blue-district schools. The blue districts can voluntarily surrender control and get paid time off. When DeSantis tries to fine them, they can point at his new favorite Amendment -- the 11th -- and say "you can't do that". It'd be challenged in the courts, but that'd take a school year to finish.

Oh sure, that means more tax dollars -- but to blue districts. Red ones wouldn't ask for help. I live in NY, I'm used to my tax dollars going to Florida anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As DeSantis continues to wage war upon his own voters, 90%+ of ICU beds filled, 20k+ cases per day, etc etc -- I think I have a possible answer to the school situation, at least.

The suggestion? The federal government should just, you know, do it anyway.

DeSantis has already made it clear that, as the governor, he overrules cities or counties. Well, federal beats state when any state funds are involved, which with public schools, they are.

Just send federal "education troopers" to the blue-district schools. The blue districts can voluntarily surrender control and get paid time off. When DeSantis tries to fine them, they can point at his new favorite Amendment -- the 11th -- and say "you can't do that". It'd be challenged in the courts, but that'd take a school year to finish.

Oh sure, that means more tax dollars -- but to blue districts. Red ones wouldn't ask for help. I live in NY, I'm used to my tax dollars going to Florida anyhow.
    If only there were a precedent that allows the federal government to make vaccines mandatory outside of serious (and real) medical conditions. Some Supreme Court case where they ruled it legal in a 7-2 ruling. Some case in Massachusetts maybe. Around 1905.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Reminds me of this:

Except Jen is Mike and he's like guys its packets! I've got them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO like this nut case supreme court follows precedents.
    Well they could order it based on current precedent, which would defeat any lower courts attempting to challenge it.

Perhaps it would make its way to the Supreme Court eventually and the trump installed judges would overturn the precedent, but… that could take months to happen. And in the intervening time it would be the law.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well they could order it based on current precedent, which would defeat any lower courts attempting to challenge it.

Perhaps it would make its way to the Supreme Court eventually and the trump installed judges would overturn the precedent, but… that could take months to happen. And in the intervening time it would be the law.
    Overturning Jacobson V Mass could have far reaching consequences. At least 2 other cases were ruled using Jacobson V Mass as the precedent. Probably many more.
    That would take years to unfuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    That would take years to unfuck.
    Conservatives causing a clusterfuck?

Whhhaattt?

Wednesday's report:

144,635 new cases; about 26k more than last Wednesday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida (about 25k new record).
    Texas: 17,612 new cases; 109 deaths
    California: 12,254 new cases; 59 deaths
    Georgia: 6,958 new cases; 32 deaths
    Louisiana: 5,407 new cases; 55 deaths
    North Carolina: 4,963 new cases; 22 deaths
    New York: 4,384 new cases; 20 deaths
    Missouri: 4,213 new cases; still not reporting deaths
    Tennessee: 4,097 new cases; 7 deaths
    Illinois: 3,933 new cases; 14 deaths

Missouri shuffled itself back into the mix, though their overall curve still indicates they're on the back-end of their wave. Florida's still finding the means to break records--their 7-day average is now above 21k. Their little tiff with the CDC notwithstanding, their numbers continue looking worse as time goes on. As was previously discussed their death totals for the past couple days are bullshit so that will have to be addressed. We'll see if they fess up later today with a correction. Texas continues their march towards 20k and California is also slowly creeping upward--though still at a much slower rate than either Florida or Texas. 31 states posted totals over 1k.

614 deaths is nearly a hundred more than last Wednesday and brings the total to 635,219. We can assume it's at least 50 more than that and maybe even 100 more depending on how much Florida obfuscated it. I'm putting them at the top of the list anyway because fuck Florida. Texas took second with over 100 and California third with about half that.

Related news:

Covid leaves Mississippi hospitals at brink of failure--As I've said before, we'll be seeing this more often.

'Taking a toll': Pediatric COVID cases surge--And this. Especially in places like Florida and Texas where the governors are outright banning mask mandates. School's starting.

Stay safe, folks.

Dan Crenshaw being heckled for denying conspiracy theories is sad. The GOP really needs to reevaluate their strategy of denying reality whenever it’s convenient.
    https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...34466682015746

Sauce for anyone interested.

I'm honestly surprised to see Crenshaw not boosting these conspiracies, but I haven't checked in on him in ages.

Don't feel bad for him in the slightest. This is their ugly beast they created, they can deal with it when it comes to bite them in their dicks. They can't stop denying reality when it's convenient because if they did, their party would fall apart. It's genuinely built upon fantasies and a denial of reality nowadays, that's the steel-reinforced foundation to the whole building.

- - - Updated - - -

Wednesday's report:

144,635 new cases; about 26k more than last Wednesday.

California: 12,254 new cases; 59 deaths
    Jesus christ on a stick, I genuinely thought we were done with these kinds of numbers. Hospital workers deserve federal hazard pay for this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus christ on a stick, I genuinely thought we were done with these kinds of numbers. Hospital workers deserve federal hazard pay for this shit.
    California's been doing better than it could be, all things considered. That could change in a day, of course, but for now as I've said their numbers have been going up at a much slower rate than elsewhere. Positivity is now up to 6.4% which isn't good, but it's still a far cry from Florida's 20% or Alabama's 24.5%.

MagicMike on that magicmeth
    From the tweet, tweekt? lol

"Mike Lindell is legit upset that some people want to break for lunch in this "cyber symposium," yelling that he's gonna stay up on stage for 3 days straight.

"There's no breaks! ... You guys can go eat. That’s fine, but I ain’t eating! I’m staying up here for 72 hours..."

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...703568395?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

When you know the super big amazing event was a huge letdown.
    They're inside the symposium.

I honestly wonder if anyone even gives enough of a shit to go there in-person to troll them, I find it pretty unlikely.