Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In related news, apparently one of the attendees at Mike Lindell's Symposium of Lies was found to have illegally accessed the voting machines in Mesa County, Colorado, which now have to be decommissioned and replaced and cannot be used for their elections this fall:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/10272...hines-are-bann
    not just being there when they were not supposed to but also lying about it.

Throw the book at them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Republicans: GET OFF GOVERNMENT AIDE AND GET YOUR LAZY ASSES BACK TO WORK! NO UNEMPLOYMENT!

Also Republicans: "We'll pay you if you get fired because you're more interested in spreading an avoidable virus, just only if you're fired for that reason!"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkbw...ccinated-covid

Wisconsin Republicans are fuckin nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Republicans: GET OFF GOVERNMENT AIDE AND GET YOUR LAZY ASSES BACK TO WORK! NO UNEMPLOYMENT!

Also Republicans: "We'll pay you if you get fired because you're more interested in spreading an avoidable virus, just only if you're fired for that reason!"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkbw...ccinated-covid

Wisconsin Republicans are fuckin nutty.
    And then you have POS like Laura Ingraham:

"What if we just cut off the unemployment? Hunger is a pretty powerful thing."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1426017141724270597

I think we finally found something that's greater than infinity, how evil and heartless she is.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh...if Lindell does have all the election data that'd be like, super duper mega ultra illegal.
    It's why Merritt and such are saying "it fell off a truck in China". They're pretending they're returning stolen property.

They aren't, of course. People don't steal garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!
    Thanks, Joe Buck :P

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is there some sort of street fighting violence planned for the 21st or 22nd? proud boys going to portland or something?
    Proud Boys Are Back to Brawling on America’s Streets

Elsewhere at the event, acting as “security” for the religious gathering, was Jeff Grace, a Washington man currently facing charges for breaking into the U.S. Capitol. Grace has admitted to entering the Capitol (“yes, it was illegal,” he told KGW News, though he denied wrongdoing) and admitted in a Facebook video to attending the weekend event in Portland.

“People say you can’t fight antifa. You can’t fight the evil with these,” Grace said in the Facebook video, holding up his fists. “Guess what? You can. As long as He’s the lead [he pointed toward the sky], you can use this [holding up fists].”

A now-viral picture by photojournalist Nathan Howard shows Grace leaving Portland on Saturday in the back of a pickup truck with seven other men, who are holding bats, a shield, and what appears to be mace. Grace appears to be holding a baton. He did not return a request for comment.

On Tuesday, prosecutors in Grace's Capitol riot case entered a new filing that seeks to bar Grace from owning weapons or destructive devices ahead of his trial. “This modification is necessary in light of Grace’s escalating behavior and his willingness to bring his firearm and other weapons to engage in pre-planned conflicts,” the filing reads.

In his Facebook video, Grace (like other attendees) blamed the day’s violence on the left. Reporter Sergio Olmos filmed the two sides in a brief Saturday dispute, during which a person on the left fired pepper spray and at least one person on the right fired a paintball gun, all while a police car sat nearby, sounding its siren but otherwise appearing inactive. (Two of the far-right crowd aimed firearms at the left, although it was unclear whether both were paintball guns.)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Wasn't Trump supposed to be President again today?
    It's been postponed to "you still donate money so why change things" o'clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Trump supposed to be President again today? What's up with that?
    www.istrumppresident.com

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Looking back a few pages it's kind of funny when this argument over Trump and racism comes up...

Here's Trump country:

Recent social media post made by President Trump:

Here are my personal thoughts:
    • The mess in Afghanistan was unavoidable, similar to Iraq
    • The border is broken, as admitted so by Homeland Security head. This issue should have been receiving more coverage over the past year. That's a failure on behalf of the media. Calls for his resignation are now here:
      https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news...as-resignation
    • Defund the police efforts are now biting back at those politicians in major cities that thought decreasing police funding would produce positive results for the community.
    • Inflation was inevitable. As we continue to decouple from the Authoritarian State of China, we are going to feel our pockets pinched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, you both made me laugh on a bad day
    My goal in life is to entertain. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    Recent social media post made by President Trump:

Here are my personal thoughts:
    • The mess in Afghanistan was unavoidable, similar to Iraq
    • The border is broken, as admitted so by Homeland Security head. This issue should have been receiving more coverage over the past year. That's a failure on behalf of the media. Calls for his resignation are now here:
      https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news...as-resignation
    • Defund the police efforts are now biting back at those politicians in major cities that thought decreasing police funding would produce positive results for the community.
    • Inflation was inevitable. As we continue to decouple from the Authoritarian State of China, we are going to feel our pockets pinched.
    Yeah, this isn't a win for Trump, almost all of them are his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeCondor View Post
    Recent social media post made by President Trump
    Who be dat?

I thought you guys were kidding about the tacos and girls lol silly me.

/tinyhandsclap

Abbott literally tweeted a picture of himself fiddling. I can't even with all of the Nero comparisons in my head right now.

Also, found out what the fuck is up with Florida's death numbers.

Florida changed how it reports COVID-19 statistics. The result? The pandemic appears to look less severe, with fewer recent deaths

Just as a highly contagious new delta variant sent Florida into a vicious COVID-19 surge, the state Department of Health changed the way it reports cases and deaths attributed to the virus.

The result: Florida no longer provides a real-time picture of how COVID is impacting the state.

The most dramatic example is that Florida’s daily death count had been trending upward since the end of June, but with the recent adjustments made by the state Department of Health, the number of deaths due to COVID appeared to decline dramatically over the past week. At least on paper.

Experts say the downward trend is not at all what’s really happening with COVID deaths in a state that continues to set records for the growing number of daily COVID cases and hospitalizations.

Deaths in Florida are increasing but still below the large numbers seen during the summer spikes in 2020, experts say. A COVID tracker created by The New York Times shows as of Tuesday, Florida recorded a seven-day average of 141 deaths from the virus, a figure larger than 32 other states.

In contrast, according to the information available on the website maintained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention using the information provided by the state Department of Health, Florida’s seven-day average as of Tuesday is only about third of that — 58 deaths.

“For Florida to move to a new system of reporting is technically correct, but in actuality, it is problematic because it distorts data,” said Bill Ku, a data scientist and former researcher at Columbia University who now runs covid19odds.com. “Deaths are not going down, and a lot of people are going to jump to the wrong conclusion about how they should carry on with their life.

Florida changed its COVID reporting method Tuesday and now reports when cases or deaths actually occurred rather than when they were communicated to the state — allowing health officials to assign cases or deaths to days in the past rather than the present.

Health officials not only adjusted recent information but revised all numbers going back to the start of the pandemic in March 2020. Since Tuesday, Florida continued to revise its information based on the actual dates of cases or deaths, even adjusting some record-breaking daily case counts downward.

Regardless of the new process, the cumulative numbers for Florida remain high.
    There's more to the article, but the bottom line is fuck DeathSantis, fuck Florida and fuck their shady-ass reporting.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-08-14 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Also, found out what the fuck is up with Florida's death numbers.
    Ah, the old "only 4 people died in the hurricane" number lying. Of course there's no magic medicine that only Florida has. It's just outright deceit.

"Do you miss me yet?"

Someone should tell him that his cult won't be too happy to be reminded that he hasn't actually been president the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Do you miss me yet?"
    Someone should tell The Lincoln Project to buy up that domain and forward it to the istrumppresident website.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/statu...41503990165504

Y'all, I think antifa is secretly just middle aged church ladies boogying to light Christian rock in a parking lot.

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/statu...41503990165504

Y'all, I think antifa is secretly just middle aged church ladies boogying to light Christian rock in a parking lot.
    The cars are secret antifa spies from The Brave Little Toaster.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

That video is so creepy to me.
    I can't even begin to understand someone that wants to go to that event and of all things do that in the parking lot.
    What is that? What is she there to do?
    I mean in earnest, for herself, what is she at that moment doing lol. Is that her version of expressing joy? Or is it supposed to be showing support? I'm genuinely confused at what that is because it's obviously not dancing.

Along with Mike, the "symposium", the 6th, the big lie, Q etc. I feel like they are just on the verge of becoming Heavens Gate.
    Like soon there will be a house full of matching maga cultists in nikes all dead in their beds.

Friday's report:

155,297 new cases; about 19k more than last Friday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida (about 24k).
    Texas: 17,780 new cases; 146 deaths
    California: 15,256 new cases; 56 deaths
    Louisiana: 7,548 new cases; 57 deaths
    Georgia: 7,216 new cases; 49 deaths
    North Carolina: 6,628 new cases; 20 deaths
    Mississippi: 5,023 new cases; 31 deaths
    New York: 4,802 new cases; 15 deaths
    Tennessee: 4,647 new cases; 29 deaths
    South Carolina: 4,526 new cases; 20 deaths

I've already linked the news that Florida is monkeying with their numbers (again? still?), so let's just agree that DeathSantis is the absolute fucking worst and move on, shall we? Anyway, the trends for the rest of the nation have been holding true for the most part. Missouri still seems to be coming down from their wave while most of the rest of the nation continues increasing. Given that Missouri was pretty much ground zero for this wave (until Florida took over) that's not all that surprising. Today, however, I think the spotlight is on Oregon. They've not been on my lists because their numbers are comparatively low next to the others there, but they've actually broken their record twice in the past week and their hospitalization record three days in a row. I won't harp on the point too much, but the hardest-hit counties--Douglas, Josephine, Morrow, etc.--are pretty much Trumpland according to how they've voted and have some of the lower vaccination rates in the state. I'm guessing masks and social distancing aren't exactly prevalent there either.

769 deaths is over 100 more than last Friday and brings the total to 637,161. Of course, since we know Florida has flubbed their numbers the actual number is likely much higher. Apparently it will take weeks for their totals to come closer to resembling reality--just enough time for DeathSantis to take credit for his "brilliant strategy" of just letting people die. Here's the thing, even though they've officially reported only 29, Johns Hopkins has them at over 1k on the day, which I have to assume is the total number of deaths for the week given that their weekly report comes out Fridays. That's a lot, and it's a lot more than what the dailies have shown. Guess they need to do a better job of hiding it. Texas, meanwhile, lost about 150 more people. Heyyyyyy Abboooooooott!

Related news:

Wildfire Smoke Linked to 'Disturbing' Increase in COVID-19 Cases and Deaths: Study--This will account for some (though far from all or even most) of the deaths in California/Oregon and given that wildfires are more and more prevalent thanks to climate change it's an extra layer of danger for residents there.

DeSantis and the GOP claim Covid is 'pouring through' the border. Experts are debunking them.--Self-explanatory.

Mississippi governor defends COVID-19 response after extending state of emergency--Add them to the list of GOP governors willing to watch their population get ravaged by COVID instead of act.

New COVID cases in US soar 700% week-over-week since July 1, CDC says--Again, self-explanatory.

Stay safe, folks.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but Kevin McCarthy is trying to fundraise by selling T-shirts that celebrate the fact that he and other anti-maskers are morons. The movie Idiocracy is becoming more and more true with each passing day: