7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Ever since Trump lost this has devolved in to an off topic COVID non stop whinefest, which I get you guys can’t use the COVID thread to whine about Trump and the past. But if Trump were still president and he blatantly lied like Biden did in his press conference Friday, you guys would be livid. Trump would also be out there taking questions, not walking away from the reporters. There is no way you guys will ever fault Biden for anything, but at least pretend you can criticize a sitting president. I see you guys are avoiding his lying from Friday, but even CNN and ABC can no longer stomach it
    Trump blatantly lied in his press conferences all the time, and he routinely ignored questions that bothered him.

Your god-king is a shallow, vapid child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Mostly true, but he did get the part about Trump losing the election right. That's something.
    Progress. And hey, that puts him ahead of most other Trump supporters and even Trump himself.

But you know, with that in mind, let's assess based on what we have both admitted we know is true:

I support a president who I know is perhaps misleading about the logistics of an evacuation of thousands of people he inherited in a rapidly collapsing nation half a world away.

This other guy supports a president who he knows lied about losing a just and fair election and who continues to propagate that lie to this day, a lie that has directly resulted in Americans dying and an invasion of the Capitol building.

Yeah, I'm still feeling morally superior here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    their death numbers are so low because they changed how the numbers are reported which means getting a "real-time" picture is nigh impossible.
    Let me back up what Benggaul is trying to say here, using an article from a Florida source:

Florida changed its COVID reporting method Tuesday and now reports when cases or deaths actually occurred rather than when they were communicated to the state — allowing health officials to assign cases or deaths to days in the past rather than the present.

Health officials not only adjusted recent information but revised all numbers going back to the start of the pandemic in March 2020. Since Tuesday, Florida continued to revise its information based on the actual dates of cases or deaths, even adjusting some record-breaking daily case counts downward.

For Florida to move to a new system of reporting is technically correct, but in actuality, it is problematic because it distorts data,” said Bill Ku, a data scientist and former researcher at Columbia University who now runs covid19odds.com. “Deaths are not going down, and a lot of people are going to jump to the wrong conclusion about how they should carry on with their life.”
    If you were wondering why I keep going on and on about this, despite Benggaul doing a great job, this is why. Florida is lying to people with the intent of getting them killed.

As of June 4, the only daily COVID information for Florida is available for review on a website maintained by the CDC with statistics provided by the Florida Department of Health. The CDC tracker also includes COVID cases and death information for every state.

Ku said he tracks COVID indicators in other large states such as Texas, California and New York, and all report the way Florida had been giving its numbers to the CDC before making the change on Monday.

Everyone’s death count is going up. No one’s is going down except Florida,” he said. ”No other state has so significantly restated their death count data recently.”
    The article goes on to say how DeSantis has been bragging about his death counts going down. And then blamed the CDC when he got caught.

However, Benggaul is willing to be charitable. I am not. Florida is lying and I won't have it.

I think I'm using the aforementioned NYTimes here. They don't trust Florida, either.

The tallies on this page include cases that have been identified by public health officials as probable coronavirus patients through antigen testing.

212 deaths reported Aug 20, +141% from 14 days ago.

(double-checks site)

Correction, 315 deaths reported. The 7-day moving average is 212.

Florida's 7-day average deaths has never been this high. I'm moderately sure 315 deaths is also a record.

The CDC's page is still showing Florida with a decreasing daily deaths count. The CDC reports deaths from Florida from each of the last seven days -- 11 yesterday, 42 the day before, 8 the day before, etc. None much higher than 50. With their cases spiking, their hospitalizations spiking, their cities holding back water treatment, their officials asking for state of emergency and DeSantis' own staff asking for ventilators behind his back, sorry, but I don't trust what Florida is doing about trying to push deaths backwards in time.

Florida's deaths/day magically turned around on the CDC's page August 6, two weeks ago, about the time they changed their way of reporting. The CDC bought it. I do not. Either the NYTimes is wrong, or Florida isn't just massaging their numbers, they're just outright lying. You've seen the same cases and headlines I have. You know where I'm going with this.

Benggaul is doing a great job in an ugly situation. This gives me the easy job of saying "no really, Fuck Florida". He'll set, I'll spike.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    However, Benggaul is willing to be charitable. I am not. Florida is lying and I won't have it.
    Oh I wouldn't say that. Their sudden decision to change reporting methods is absolutely a slimeball way to make sure it appears as though they have things under control is fucking low. Fuck Florida. It's just not, technically, lying in this instance. I'm sure they're still monkeying with the numbers in other ways, though.

Also, I'm just grabbing data from various sources and collating them in some form here with some spicy commentary. I dunno about "great job". I'm just trying to make sure people know what the fuck is going on with this particular fallout from the TRUMP SHITSHOW admin.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-08-22 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A new Trump rally for all your "the fuck is he going on about?" needs.

Ever since Trump lost this has devolved in to an off topic COVID non stop whinefest, which I get you guys can’t use the COVID thread to whine about Trump and the past. But if Trump were still president and he blatantly lied like Biden did in his press conference Friday, you guys would be livid. Trump would also be out there taking questions, not walking away from the reporters. There is no way you guys will ever fault Biden for anything, but at least pretend you can criticize a sitting president. I see you guys are avoiding his lying from Friday, but even CNN and ABC can no longer stomach it
    Looks like someone can't get used to the fact that people reacting to Covid and where it is now because of Trump and the people that follow him with an almost zealot attitude.

It's not Biden that did a damn thing here, he can't force people to get vaccinated. How about you and your red hat friends get vaccinated and we can get through this fucking thing and go back to laughing at people that decided to "hate the Hollywood elite" so much they voted in an orange Hollywood elite that fucked them over.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    TexasLies strikes again! Nothing in your post is correct, absolutely nothing - and all the cites showing your lies are literally in this thread, including faulting Biden (even me) along with Trump continuing to claim he "solved the covid problem".

Kids! Remember, the above post is what happens when you worship a cult and eschew science in favor of feels. Let TexasLies be a lesson to you all. Study hard, eat your veggies, and don't fucking eat the lead paint.
    Again trolling me by saying my name incorrect, I would do the same but i have already been banned for it once...stay classy. This guy along with others claim by voting for someone, you support them. Thereby, you all support your current President lying to the American people and turning his back at questions. about a monumental failure. Notice how cubby trolls me then talks Trump never ending because that is what he needs to keep going.

The airport in kabul is not safe. I checked with an air force airfield management expert. Given 5000 feet of road, with 70 feet of side space, they can build an airstrip in 12 hours with communications and security. The first 2 planes landing to pick up people would be carrying extra personnel and equipment if needed. Without an existing road to use, they would need closer to 20-24 hours to pour concrete continuously and have it usable. That's 24 hours to build an airstrip controlled by allied forces to evacuate people easily. And currently the ambassador is telling people not to go to kabul airport. This is easily doable, why is it not being done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again trolling me by saying my name incorrect, I would do the same but i have already been banned for it once...stay classy. This guy along with others claim by voting for someone, you support them. Thereby, you all support your current President lying to the American people and turning his back at questions. about a monumental failure. Notice how cubby trolls me then talks Trump never ending because that is what he needs to keep going.

The airport in kabul is not safe. I checked with an air force airfield management expert. Given 5000 feet of road, with 70 feet of side space, they can build an airstrip in 12 hours with communications and security. The first 2 planes landing to pick up people would be carrying extra personnel and equipment if needed. Without an existing road to use, they would need closer to 20-24 hours to pour concrete continuously and have it usable. That's 24 hours to build an airstrip controlled by allied forces to evacuate people easily. And currently the ambassador is telling people not to go to kabul airport. This is easily doable, why is it not being done?
    I dunno, why didn’t trump plan that kind of thing out before he handed the plan over to Biden to execute?

If some random guy you know says it’s totally possible and totally super easy than trump in his infinite wisdom should have thought of it, right? Hell, why wasn’t he building these airstrips last year when he was still president? We could have tens of thousands of them by now!

Hell, why even have airports? Schedule your trip far enough in advance and they could build one of these miraculous airstrips on your front lawn and have the plane come to you!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Fuck Florida. It's just not, technically, lying in this instance.
    Like I said, charitable.

Deciding to change how their numbers are displayed because they don't like how they look, is like suddenly remembering you had a troubled childhood so the judge shouldn't put you in jail. DeSantis is bragging about how well they're doing, because he changed the numbers.

You call it slimeball, but I'm going to stick with "lying". The difference between us is like "is it first or second degree murder" and not like "first degree murder vs. littering". Florida is intentionally killing its own residents, and they're cheering as they do so.

If they really thought this was the right way to do things, they would have done that earlier. Not during their worst spike ever.

Fortunately, you, I, and everyone else can agree on one thing: even if Florida is reporting deaths via time travel, their cumulative deaths are continuing to rise. (You also said they could be monkeying with the numbers in other ways, as they've been caught doing multiple times, that's still true) Painting over the water damage doesn't stop it from being water damage. Florida needs to replace rotting parts, or it will collapse.

Florida's COVID surge 'a crisis of unprecedented proportions,' doctor say

Florida became the third state in the U.S. to reach 3 million cases of COVID-19, a total surpassed by only 15 countries in the world.

Cases in the state fell very slightly this week, with 150,740 compared to 151,764 last week, but deaths were on the rise. The state saw 1,486 deaths this week compared to 1,071 the week before. Florida reported an all-time death record, with 1,486 deaths in the past week – nearly 15% above the previous record of 1,296 deaths in a week of January.

Northeast Florida is bearing the brunt of the state's COVID surge, with Baptist Health's five hospitals in the area seeing more than double the number of patients with COVID they saw at the previous peak of the pandemic last summer.

Orlando's largest health care system said there were 1,620 patients currently hospitalized, twice as many of last winter's peak.

“This is unfortunately a crisis of unprecedented proportions,” said Dr. Vincent Hsu, executive director of infection prevention and epidemiologist at AdventHealth.

Bla bla bla boil water order bla bla bla masks in schools
    Part of me wants Biden, when DeSantis finally asks for FEMA help, to send it to the cities whose school districts and mayors are rebelling against DeSantis. But that's what Trump would do. I'd find it hilarious to impose the same standards on them that they tried to impose on the country, but that's not the right move. Instead, I will take solace in knowing DeSantis will only ask for FEMA help if
    a) enough of his red-district voters have already died for him to paint over a flooded basement, or
    b) DeSantis himself catches COVID
    He's so set in his "screw the libs, even at the cost of other people's lives" that I don't see a third option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Progress. And hey, that puts him ahead of most other Trump supporters and even Trump himself.

But you know, with that in mind, let's assess based on what we have both admitted we know is true:

I support a president who I know is perhaps misleading about the logistics of an evacuation of thousands of people he inherited in a rapidly collapsing nation half a world away.

This other guy supports a president who he knows lied about losing a just and fair election and who continues to propagate that lie to this day, a lie that has directly resulted in Americans dying and an invasion of the Capitol building.

Yeah, I'm still feeling morally superior here.
    He's not misleading, he is flat out lying. But that is according to CNN and abcnews, who we all know is right wing media. Can someone throw up that chart you guys love showing right/center media to show where cnn and abcnews are? Never mind,that won't help your narrative. Outright lying, and you are the only person to come close to admitting it. Most of you are being silent because you are waiting for the crater on this disaster, because rock bottom is coming. You can keep saying everything he does is "inherited". But he has been so wrong on so many foreign policy issues in his career, this is not surprising. Well it may be to you,because your rose colored glasses did not assess how bad Biden had been at foreign policies before you elected him. It's a stated record of bad decisions. Now he gets to own another one. Keep apologizing for his "inherited" world view, maybe you'll believe it

You feel morally superior for electing a man who is at Reagan levels of functionality. Everyone knew Reagan was not running the country at the end. You guys base support on who you vote for even though ALL of you voted against Trump and not for Biden. You guys admitted it for days and months and thousands of posts, yet you can not show any post where I agreed with Trump. Just a poll saying I would not vote for a democrat. I guess your morals are low for you to be able to strawman that argument. Democrat using his morals to strawman a point.....recycled theme here at the liberal mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    b) DeSantis himself catches COVID
    I doubt that his catching it would change a thing. Like Trump, he'll have access to the best healthcare that tax payers can buy. Seems like the only Republican shitheels who change their tune after catching this are the families of those who die...

[stupidity]
    Honestly, do you people think you have any credibility whatsoever in this? We can all see you salivating over what you think is going to be the next Benghazi. It's pathetic.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-08-22 at 04:18 AM.

Ah, didn't realize it was the time of the month for the hardcore Trumpster who loves Texas to visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump said COVID was "virtually gone" when he left office.

Said it three days ago on FOX News.

*cracks knuckles*

This won't take long.

Trump lies all the time about everything, but he needs to lie the most and the hardest about his failure with the COVID situation, which killed hundreds of thousands in his tenure alone. And he keeps lying about it, as recently as three days ago, making it constantly on-topic and relevant, regardless of what his supporters scream before sobbing into their single scoop of ice cream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I doubt that his catching it would change a thing.
    I was insinuating he'd either die, or be so sick someone else takes control in his absence. You might still be right, of course, but DeSantis is probably vaccinated so we're not likely to find out soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not misleading, he is flat out lying. But that is according to CNN and abcnews, who we all know is right wing media. Can someone throw up that chart you guys love showing right/center media to show where cnn and abcnews are? Never mind,that won't help your narrative. Outright lying, and you are the only person to come close to admitting it. Most of you are being silent because you are waiting for the crater on this disaster, because rock bottom is coming. You can keep saying everything he does is "inherited". But he has been so wrong on so many foreign policy issues in his career, this is not surprising. Well it may be to you,because your rose colored glasses did not assess how bad Biden had been at foreign policies before you elected him. It's a stated record of bad decisions. Now he gets to own another one. Keep apologizing for his "inherited" world view, maybe you'll believe it

You feel morally superior for electing a man who is at Reagan levels of functionality. Everyone knew Reagan was not running the country at the end. You guys base support on who you vote for even though ALL of you voted against Trump and not for Biden. You guys admitted it for days and months and thousands of posts, yet you can not show any post where I agreed with Trump. Just a poll saying I would not vote for a democrat. I guess your morals are low for you to be able to strawman that argument. Democrat using his morals to strawman a point.....recycled theme here at the liberal mmoc
    And even if any of the vague accusatory stuff or trite republican hackneyed talking points about him being “senile” you said were true… he’d still be better than trump by a country mile.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You feel morally superior for electing a man who is at Reagan levels of functionality. Everyone knew Reagan was not running the country at the end.
    I see we're at conspiracies right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump suggested his audience take the vaccine tonight and got booed at his own rally. These people are well and truly hopeless.
    Clip please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Clip please!
    https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trum...fter-some-boo/

Rather confused reaction, as many cheered, clapped and booed at the same time.

I guess being against the vaccine is becoming less and less popular and profitable, seeing how even Trump is in favor of it now. Which is something, I guess.

----

“I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you got to do what you have to do, but I recommend take the vaccines,” Trump said. “I did it, it’s good. Take the vaccines.”

The audience’s reaction was mixed — some cheered and clapped, while others booed.

Trump then appeared to address those who booed saying, “That’s okay, that’s alright. You got your freedoms, but I happened to take the vaccine.”

“If it doesn’t work, you’ll be the first to know,” he said, causing the crowd to laugh. “I’ll call up Alabama, say ‘hey, you know what?’ But it is working. But you do have your freedoms…you have to maintain that, and you got to get your kids back to school.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trum...fter-some-boo/

Rather confused reaction, as many cheered, clapped and booed at the same time.

I guess being against the vaccine is becoming less and less popular and profitable, seeing how even Trump is in favor of it now. Which is something, I guess.

----

“I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you got to do what you have to do, but I recommend take the vaccines,” Trump said. “I did it, it’s good. Take the vaccines.”

The audience’s reaction was mixed — some cheered and clapped, while others booed.

Trump then appeared to address those who booed saying, “That’s okay, that’s alright. You got your freedoms, but I happened to take the vaccine.”

“If it doesn’t work, you’ll be the first to know,” he said, causing the crowd to laugh. “I’ll call up Alabama, say ‘hey, you know what?’ But it is working. But you do have your freedoms…you have to maintain that, and you got to get your kids back to school.”
    So they boo him for saying he got the vaccine and then laugh at the thought of their deity dying. I don't get those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I see we're at conspiracies right now.
    When has he not. It's shitposting, misinformation, bad faith arguments, and conspiracies with little texas.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Everyone says you support Trump because literally everything you post is in support of him and against anyone else that doesn't, just like you're doing your best to post things that go against Biden/Democrats, no matter what it is. It could not be more blatant, just own it. It might give you back at least a shred of credibility. Well, it won't, because supporting Trump at this point says a whole lot about you, but at least you'd be honest about it.
    I bet there's one tiny thing about Trump that offends him and prevents him from coming out with his full support.

It can't be the racism, sexual assaults, senility, bogus economic policies or the impressive body count. He seems to like those.

Its gotta be the rug right? Or maybe the make-up.