10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Again, I was paywalled so I stated I dont have all the context of the site.
    The post immediately after the one you quoted was me stating that the survey was from 2018, so the necessary context was absolutely available to you when you made your post.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We have a little more info now, but not much.

Just a reminder, Executive Time does not cover random people off the street. The rally organizers can't use that as an excuse. They can take the Fifth of course, which in turn, is an invitation to have their email and phones subpoena'd.
    I don't know if I give Trump for being lazy or incompetent in his coup attempt. While he gets no pass of course his haphazard approach of having many people do the work is a sign that Trump is Trump. Maybe my perception of 3rd world Banana Republic coups of say having the Ministry of Transportation being promised or manipulated into the plot gives more credence to those people who say "put in the effort".

Yet, the scary thing is this lazy, incompetent idiot almost did it. The easy answer is in our 2 party system one party decided to follow a fascist and become fascist themselves. The calling around and saying "hey can u find some votes" or "lets get rid of some votes" almost worked. Now the Fascist Party has learned and made laws taking away power from Sec. of States and stop gaps of just in case a Dem is in office.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The post immediately after the one you quoted was me stating that the survey was from 2018, so the necessary context was absolutely available to you when you made your post.
    And I didn't read your post or give 2 effs about your post. Bye!
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    And I didn't read your post or give 2 effs about your post. Bye!
    Willful ignorance is a disgusting habit.

If that's your thing, the GoP is probably looking for people for a future attack on democracy.

Toodles!

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    *some nonsense*
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    *some nonsense*
    Good lord what are you two quibbling about?

There's more than enough derision to levy at Trump and his ilk. No need for arguing over pointless semantics with one another over some poll done some time ago about ranking just how terrible Trump is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So… how about Rand Paul asking for federal assistance for his state after repeated votes against that shit for everyone else?
    Well you see, when he (or republicans in general) need it, it's because they're hard working, upstanding citizens who have just fallen on hard times who need a bit of money to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

But when anyone else needs it, it's because they're lazy wellfare queens trying to avoid working by taking other people's money who really should just get a job.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we should pass something along the line of "if you vote no on a aid/extra spending bill you are not allowed any extra funds from said bill."
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I feel like we should pass something along the line of "if you vote no on a aid/extra spending bill you are not allowed any extra funds from said bill."
    Rather make them pay for their idiocy. Let them have the dollars; on the condition that it's a loan that is to be paid back ten fold the following year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Unfortunately these scumbags can get away with shit like this because they know the people whose politics aren't based entirely on spite will act to support those in need...regardless of their willingness to vote for said scumbags.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-12-12 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty much seems to have just decided to not renew his contract.
    He didn't seem to say why. This doesn't seem to be resigning in protest or disgust. And yet, he wants another job. Hmm.

Honestly anywhere else would be glad to have him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now they're 100% just entertainment.
    They're not going to get a 2024 debate without him, that's for sure. Yes, technically they could replace him with a logical, experienced journalist...but they won't.

They're not going to get a 2024 debate without him, that's for sure. Yes, technically they could replace him with a logical, experienced journalist...but they won't.
    Any logical and experienced journalist knows that accepting that job kills any credibility they have.

Fox deserves to honestly be forced to admit with disclaimers before and after each piece that they aren’t news and shouldn’t have anything they say be interpreted as honest or accurate.

Would love to have the regulations changed so that any non news show that wants to comment on them must clarify before and after each bit that important piece.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Any logical and experienced journalist knows that accepting that job kills any credibility they have.
    So the options are
    1) pay a very large amount of money to get a respected journalist, or
    2) Get Tucker Carlson Jr.

So the options are
    1) pay a very large amount of money to get a respected journalist, or
    2) Get Tucker Carlson Jr.
    Yeah, but then the question for #1 becomes, "How much is enough to destroy your entire future as being anything respected"?

Anyone who accepts that post is one who accepts that they just got themselves type cast as a lying shock jock due to the employer that they willingly chose. They also know if they ever try and break that mold and show any integrity they will be fired for doing so as they don't have the name cognition of Wallace and I doubt Fox would allow them to get that recognition either for anything with any integrity.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any bets on where he'll end up?
    Well, he definitely "switched sides", as he's now working for CNN+.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    At some point people really can't take the crap that comes out of "conservatives" these days ( I use quotation marks because conservatives is not and should not be equal to the deluded cretins on the right these days ).

An example is the crusade against Fauci. Fauci's latest sin? He declared we might need boosters every year for COVID to deal with the Pandemic, a fact of life by the way things are looking, but for "conservatives" he's a tyrant.

Just madness. The Pandemic has really shown what some people really are.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    ( I use quotation marks because conservatives is not and should not be equal to the deluded cretins on the right these days ).
    You're describing the reason I separated Republicans from the Party of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    ( I use quotation marks because conservatives is not and should not be equal to the deluded cretins on the right these days ).
    You're describing the reason I separated Republicans from the Party of Trump.
    Personally, until a major political figure from the GOP comes out and says "we don't want you white supremacists, neo-nazis, or 'election fraud' insurrection-supporting, anti-science clods in our party, get the hell out" I'm still going to lump them all together and assume they're happy to have their support.

Judge them by the company they keep, and all...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Personally, until a major political figure from the GOP comes out and says "we don't want you white supremacists, neo-nazis, or 'election fraud' insurrection-supporting anti-science clods in our party, get the hell out" I'm still going to lump them all together and assume they're happy to have their support.
    That's largely fair, but some people fled yet are still conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Personally, until a major political figure from the GOP comes out and says "we don't want you white supremacists, neo-nazis, or 'election fraud' insurrection-supporting, anti-science clods in our party, get the hell out" I'm still going to lump them all together and assume they're happy to have their support.
    Just gonna get out ahead of this and say that "stand back and stand by" does not qualify.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So, the Trump thread seems to just be a catch-all for anything remotely leaning to the right of whatever news people find, so I'll put this here.

Chris Wallace's big surprise at the end of today's FoxNewsSunday: He's leaving, effective immediately.

Pretty much seems to have just decided to not renew his contract. Any bets on where he'll end up?

One of the last things on his Sunday show:
    They got anyone left over there now that isn't completely bottom barrel?