Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Try doing more than posting in forums. Paying even a bit of attention would have provided you with this information over a year ago. Lord only knows what bs you let get by you if you missed THIS shit.
    Fair call.

I do pay attention, but ive never had to argue it before friends started going down that path. I hope the evidence you've put forward will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's really no need to call someone out for not obsessively reading everything, and who may not have even been here a year ago, just for asking for sources.
    Vegas hasn’t met a person that they didn’t want to pick a fight with. It’s why they are ignored by quite a few posters.

Weird that you’ve never had to argue it before 6 years after the arguments started… did you just not care until today?

- - - Updated - - -

Or I have zero patience for obvious trolls on burners… one of the two.
    I've never had a friend go off the deep end.

This is my first and only account, how have I trolled by asking for evidence to back up claims?

Or I have zero patience for obvious trolls on burners… one of the two.
    I'm not sure how "can you provide a source so I have evidence to throw at my Trumper friend" is an "obvious troll or burner." People can genuinely be new here. It does happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange One View Post

This is my first and only account, how have I trolled by asking for evidence to back up claims?
    If you are being sincere, we've had several come in here "sealioning."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

As for needing points and evidence to argue with, don't. If someone is legit asking you for proof then by all means enlighten them, but don't waste your time trying to pick a fight over politics. You will never "win."

It’s something that’s been provided in this thread and every major news source, if they can’t google this shit there’s something going on…

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, I’m tired of the brand new accounts acting innocent like google doesn’t exist.
    I didn't mean to cause any issues. I'm sorry. I just wanted arguments I can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    If you are being sincere, we've had several come in here "sealioning."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

As for needing points and evidence to argue with, don't. If someone is legit asking you for proof then by all means enlighten them, but don't waste your time trying to pick a fight over politics. You will never "win."
    There's sealioning, where they push all the onus of source-hunting onto everyone else, knowing that it's way more effort than being a CHOAD sealion. That's done out of intentional malice.

There's also people who just can't be arsed to do research on their own, and ask others to do their homework for them. If I'm just talking to them, I won't entertain it myself; if you don't give enough of a shit to look stuff up for yourself, you sure don't give enough of a shit for me to do it for you. You want me to do research for you? That's among my contractable services. I haven't done it in a while and likely need to review my fee schedule, but I was billing out at $75/hour last time I took a contract in that vein. We can draw up a contract and get billing arranged if you want me to work for you, but otherwise, nah.

(And don't bitch at me that the billing rate there's unreasonable; for contract work it really isn't, and that's not even particularly high).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fair call.

I do pay attention, but ive never had to argue it before friends started going down that path. I hope the evidence you've put forward will be enough.
    Another key provision of some of Trump's direct campaign solicitations was using the funds for his legal defense - amounting to millions of dollars in legal fees, because the wording was both fine print and purposefully vague.

Here is where the money being asked to "Defend the Election" (a lie in and of itself) shows the money actually going to vague Trump PACs:
    Donations under $8K to Trump ‘election defense’ instead go to president, RNC
    A donor would have to give more than $8,000 before any money goes to the “recount account” established to finance election challenges, including recounts and lawsuits over alleged improprieties, the fundraising disclosures show.
    The whole article is worth reading - Reuters is a fantastic source.

Trump fundraiser emails for legal challenges would also pay down campaign debt, fine print says

How Trump, RNC raised hundreds of millions pushing baseless election fraud claims
    In fact, more than $100 million has instead gone toward various fundraising expenses and advertising efforts aimed at raising even more money, records show.
    Those should get you going.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't mean to cause any issues. I'm sorry. I just wanted arguments I can use.
    It's ok - take a look at what we posted and shout if you want more or a different direction.

- - - Updated - - -

No worries at all - genuinely curious questions are great, and please feel free to argue either side. It's great to debate, we've just had a lot of accounts that were banned come back on "burner accounts" and continue their bullshit. That's not you, and please forgive Vegas - he can get excited sometimes. As can I, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's sealioning, where they push all the onus of source-hunting onto everyone else, knowing that it's way more effort than being a CHOAD sealion. That's done out of intentional malice.

There's also people who just can't be arsed to do research on their own, and ask others to do their homework for them. If I'm just talking to them, I won't entertain it myself; if you don't give enough of a shit to look stuff up for yourself, you sure don't give enough of a shit for me to do it for you. You want me to do research for you? That's among my contractable services. I haven't done it in a while and likely need to review my fee schedule, but I was billing out at $75/hour last time I took a contract in that vein. We can draw up a contract and get billing arranged if you want me to work for you, but otherwise, nah.

(And don't bitch at me that the billing rate there's unreasonable; for contract work it really isn't, and that's not even particularly high).
    Thank you.

I'm just lazy. But i've never had to actually argue this stuff before because it didn't really affect me, now it does and I don't want to see me friend go down the rabbit hole.

I'll happily read links, but I feel i came into this issue years to late to even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    clipped
    This was all great, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Strange One; 2022-01-08 at 09:34 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It’s something that’s been provided in this thread and every major news source, if they can’t google this shit there’s something going on…
    Basically, I’m tired of the brand new accounts acting innocent like google doesn’t exist.
    That's fine, but there's no need to lash out, so many times, against someone who asks genuine questions. And I get where you're coming from, but if someone asking these questions is really bugging you, beg off and don't respond. Better that then give someone a bad experience on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

I'm just lazy. But i've never had to actually argue this stuff before because it didn't really affect me, now it does and I don't want to see me friend go down the rabbit hole.

I'll happily read links, but I feel i came into this issue years to late to even know where to start.
    It's tough to stop those rabbit hole jumps - it seems once someone (anyone in your friends position) decides to stop listening to reason and logic, and then stops listening to new ideas or facts that go against their position, they are already gone. I've lost a few friends to this, and it's tough, because there is no turning back, or at least rarely so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's tough to stop those rabbit hole jumps - it seems once someone (anyone in your friends position) decides to stop listening to reason and logic, and then stops listening to new ideas or facts that go against their position, they are already gone. I've lost a few friends to this, and it's tough, because there is no turning back, or at least rarely so.
    There's a simple difference, IMO;

Some people go looking for information.
    Others go looking for confirmation.

The people in the latter can only ever dig themselves deeper down whatever rabbit hole they're in, because they're rejecting any information that indicates they might be wrong about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a simple difference, IMO;

Some people go looking for information.
    Others go looking for confirmation.

The people in the latter can only ever dig themselves deeper down whatever rabbit hole they're in, because they're rejecting any information that indicates they might be wrong about something.
    If you can point me to an unbias site the details trumps presidency id love it to see it. Because google just doesnt have one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can point me to an unbias site the details trumps presidency id love it to see it. Because google just doesnt have one.
    If you want to take about an hour to sum up Trump's Presidency, honestly, I would start at the beginning of this thread, and read each of Breccia's posts. Skip the rest, including mine if you'd like, but read the summary of events starting pre-election. The posts are generally unflattering to Trump, but that's not because of bias, it's because of Trump.

Endus is also a good source for information in this thread, so if you're doing the above, and wanting others to read, I would recommend his as well.

If you want to take about an hour to sum up Trump's Presidency, honestly, I would start at the beginning of this thread, and read each of Breccia's posts. Skip the rest, including mine if you'd like, but read the summary of events starting pre-election. The posts are generally unflattering to Trump, but that's not because of bias, it's because of Trump.

Endus is also a good source for information in this thread, so if you're doing the above, and wanting others to read, I would recommend his as well.
    If you put this post in a bear trap you'd 100% catch something.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    If you put this post in a bear trap you'd 100% catch something.
    No idea what you're talking about here. Breccia's posts accurately sum up Trump's actions. They certainly cover most/all of the bad stuff Trump did, but that's not the fault of the poster, but rather the subject.

I would be hard pressed to find an "unbiased" site to summarize Trump's presidency. If you find one, shout, I'd love to see it.

No idea what you're talking about here. Breccia's posts accurately sum up Trump's actions. They certainly cover most/all of the bad stuff Trump did, but that's not the fault of the poster, but rather the subject.

I would be hard pressed to find an "unbiased" site to summarize Trump's presidency. If you find one, shout, I'd love to see it.
    I'll avoid trying to make a joke in the future.

To explain, I can already hear the usual people malding over you mentioning those two posters as points of info.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2022-01-08 at 10:12 PM.

lol.

I know its a shitshow, im not reading 4000 page to confirm it. But i will return to ask specific questions.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'll avoid trying to make a joke in the future.

To explain, I can already hear the usual people malding over you mentioning those two posters as points of info.
    Ah, sorry - my bad there, brain is a little frazzled. Just finished a huge test for a work certification and apparently that affected my humor/sarcasm meter. Apologies - you're good. And yeah, I can hear them as well, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a single site/source, you're not doing research, you're looking to confirm presumptions. Research isn't about finding "unbiased" sources to parrot, it's about finding more facts to add to your knowledge base and new reasoning you see the merit of.

Which is yet more reason it's basically pointless to ask others to do it for you.

The end goal of research and comprehension is that when you're suddenly exposed to a heavily-biased source, you can see that bias, you can see the irrational or dishonest measures they use to twist the facts. You don't get misled, because you've got enough expertise to see through the chicanery. If you can't tell the difference, you haven't done enough research, and you need to read a lot more sources from all over the spectrum.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-01-08 at 10:21 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol.

I know its a shitshow, im not reading 4000 page to confirm it. But i will return to ask specific questions.
    It wouldn't be 4,000 pages - you'd be sliding through the thread just looking for his posts. And you did ask for a summary of Trump's presidency - no matter what you find that's even remotely accurate, it will be LONG and colorful. I guess what you're looking for is a site dedicated to the events of his residency, one that is easily searchable for specific topics, for your future research purposes.