So a couple new things released today that I haven't seen anyone post yet.

The District Attorney that said they were thinking about not charging Trump in Manhattan, where they had 2 prosecutors resign over him saying they weren't going to charge. Now is saying the investigations are still ongoing. Especially after they talked to the media.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...yby-story.html

And New York Attorney General asks judge in case to hold Trump in contempt and fine him $10k a day for not overturning the documents that were requested by the AG and Judge that the judge ruled that Trump had to turn over a while ago.

https://www.voanews.com/a/ag-fine-tr...-/6519665.html

And Trump hosted a "movie night" at Mar-A-Lago, with a movie about Mark Zuckerberg, starring Trump himself. The movie's name is Rigged: The Zuckerberg Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-a-lago-2022-4

You know who else is in this 41 minute "documentary" conspiracy laden bullshit movie?

Ken Cuccinelli
    Ted Cruz
    Kelly-Anne Conway
    Ken Blackwell - didn't know who this dumbass was, but apparently he is only known for this, and being Trump's personal ball fluffer on just about every right wing hack's podcast/show.

Jason Meath is the "director/producer"- The only thing he has directed or produced is this, the racist Michelle Malkin's show, a "documentary" about Carly Fiorina, and a bunch of other bullshit Trump crap.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And Trump hosted a "movie night" at Mar-A-Lago, with a movie about Mark Zuckerberg, starring Trump himself. The movie's name is Rigged: The Zuckerberg Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump.
    Did they screen anything actually worth watching during his presidency? Because it seems like a bunch of dumb shit like this and Dinesh Desouza "films". Like, couldn't they find something fun and lighthearted that also played into their bigotry in a fun way like Juwanna Man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Disney, after the fact, came out against the don't say gay bill.
    To be fair, Disney was never for the bill. They donated to the representatives that eventually pushed for it, but Disney, like most megacorporations, spend their donation dollars pretty evenly between the parties, and in terms of fluffing Floridian politicians in particular, has a pretty big vested interest in keeping the State leadership happy, generally.

Taking a public stance against the bill was actually a pretty darned positive step, and puts them at a non-negligible amount of future risk in regulatory terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did they screen anything actually worth watching during his presidency? Because it seems like a bunch of dumb shit like this and Dinesh Desouza "films". Like, couldn't they find something fun and lighthearted that also played into their bigotry in a fun way like Juwanna Man?
    Yeah, nothing from the convicted felon is true. So, it isn't surprising that this is bullshit as well.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...d-charges-plea

Y'all remember Brian Kolfage? The multi-amputee war veteran behind the "We Build the Wall" charity building Trump's "THE WALL" on private property?

According to prosecutors, Kolfage first claimed to have earned $63,574 that year and then filed a correction claiming $300,000, but officials claimed Kolfage's income for that year "were materially in excess of that amount."

Kolfage collected the funds despite claiming that he wouldn't earn "a penny in salary or compensation" for the massive crowdfunding effort, but federal prosecutors alleged he and others with the organization arranged a scheme in which he secretly took more than $350,000 from the donations by using nonprofits and shell companies.
    Well, he's now plead guilty to fraud.

Man, that's a shame that his groups general counsel couldn't have saved him. Who was that, again?

Kris Kobach, the former secretary of state of Kansas, acted as general counsel for We Build the Wall and David Clarke, a former sheriff of Milwaukee County and conservative pundit, served on its board of directors. At one point, Kolfage also claimed that Erik Prince, the former founder of the military contractor Blackwater, was handling security for the construction sites.
    Wait...that Kris Kobach?

Yes, that Kris Kobach, the one ordered to take remedial legal classes because he was failing to observe basic court rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To be fair, Disney was never for the bill. They donated to the representatives that eventually pushed for it, but Disney, like most megacorporations, spend their donation dollars pretty evenly between the parties, and in terms of fluffing Floridian politicians in particular, has a pretty big vested interest in keeping the State leadership happy, generally.

Taking a public stance against the bill was actually a pretty darned positive step, and puts them at a non-negligible amount of future risk in regulatory terms.
    This was after they got called out for telling their employees to be quiet about it while at the same time selling rainbow etc merchandise.

I feel like that’s important to keep bringing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brian Kolfage
    How many criminals is Trump connected to, again? By my count, it's "most of them".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ily-wire-kids/

Fuckin loser reactionaries. Now they want to make "kids shows" because Disney is "woke".

The fuckin brainworms in these peoples heads are smarter than they are.

Fuckin loser reactionaries. Now they want to make "kids shows" because Disney is "woke".

You should see this fucking Prager U ad that plays on YouTube because YouTube hates me. Family sitting at a dinner table, very 1960s look with the kid on a tablet. Narrator sounds like a kids book narration. Kid out of nowhere goes “Did you guys know America is RACIST?”. That’s as far as I got but loooool.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You should see this fucking Prager U ad that plays on YouTube because YouTube hates me. Family sitting at a dinner table, very 1960s look with the kid on a tablet. Narrator sounds like a kids book narration. Kid out of nowhere goes “Did you guys know America is RACIST?”. That’s as far as I got but loooool.
    Before I broke and bought YT premium I'd used to get those and the Epoch Times ads with that dweeb with the bow-tie and the giant oldschool newspaper all the bloody time. Conservatives outlets must be spending a fuckin mint on YT advertising, but given that YT actively promotes far-right content and how it's designed to get people into rabbit holes they can't get out of it's likely super fuckin effective at creating more potentially violent reactionaries.

You know, the kinds of people like this -

Whose question was responded to with raucous applause and cheers from other Americans who just desperately want to be able to murder libs without consequences. Probably a lot of overlap with the crowd that only "acts good" because they want some eternal reward in the afterlife, otherwise they'd be the very monsters that Madison Cawthorn is telling conservative mothers to raise their sons to be.

- - - Updated - - -

https://nypost.com/2022/04/07/bin-la...pasteboard_app

Damn man, MTG, Ron Johnson, and Matt Gaetz have a surprising ally in the niece of...Osama Bin Laden.

I know nothing about her, but the connection is damned amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://nypost.com/2022/04/07/bin-la...pasteboard_app

Damn man, MTG, Ron Johnson, and Matt Gaetz have a surprising ally in the niece of...Osama Bin Laden.

I know nothing about her, but the connection is damned amusing.
    She's been ITT before, sure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...t0KgyT3Glow9_k

The niece of slain terrorist Osama bin Laden has thrown her weight behind US President Donald Trump in the run up to the November elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So I know anyone can pick up any flag and say anything and it does not necessarily reflect on you. I could, for example, wave a Finnish flag and say "I don't drink alcohol and saunas are uncomfortable" and it does not mean Finland agrees.

I get that.

With that said, here's Osama bin Laden's niece waving a Trump flag.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

This was after they got called out for telling their employees to be quiet about it while at the same time selling rainbow etc merchandise.

I feel like that’s important to keep bringing up.
    Thats the normal reaction of any private company to be fair to disney. They were given damm good privileges in the state of Florida. I know a lot of people nowdays are brain washed into thinking these companies somehow control the government, but no Disney had to try to keep it down until they couldnt. Their donations will be spread across who ever is likely to control the states their business are in. I do agree with endus.

Its weird people are turning to corporations as if they had the ability to enact any social changes. All they are there for is to make money and sell shit, which as a side effect provides jobs. Them taking stands doesent accomplish much, the pay off they get out of it could reduce any of the above.

If the republicans were hated enough, they would not be in office in florida. Disney wouldnt need to donate to them. This is the same misconception online as why joe biden beat bernie sanders in the end. People online think they are closer to what the average voter is, but its just not reflected by any actual elections.

Trans issues unfortunately were able to be hijacked and turned into the next political spin. The average american is no where close to twitter, on twitter where the 2012 attack helicopter meme is now actually a reality. The average american voter doesent even know half of these things yet. Republicans are the main source of exposure for these things for people that touch grass. Thats the unfortunate reality.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-04-08 at 02:30 AM.

A lot of groomer defenders in this thread

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-04-08 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still angy that Trump lost?
    No, I just think anything regarding sex should be between the kid and the parents, kinda weird you instantly jumped to that conclusion when we're talking about vulnerable and impressionable kids

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    No, I just think anything regarding sex should be between the kid and the parents, kinda weird you instantly jumped to that conclusion when we're talking about vulnerable and impressionable kids
    Hey look, another poster that doesn’t want to teach kids about bad touching.

More projection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Thats the normal reaction of any private company to be fair to disney. They were given damm good privileges in the state of Florida. I know a lot of people nowdays are brain washed into thinking these companies somehow control the government, but no Disney had to try to keep it down until they couldnt. Their donations will be spread across who ever is likely to control the states their business are in. I do agree with endus.

Its weird people are turning to corporations as if they had the ability to enact any social changes. All they are there for is to make money and sell shit, which as a side effect provides jobs. Them taking stands doesent accomplish much, the pay off they get out of it could reduce any of the above.

If the republicans were hated enough, they would not be in office in florida. Disney wouldnt need to donate to them. This is the same misconception online as why joe biden beat bernie sanders in the end. People online think they are closer to what the average voter is, but its just not reflected by any actual elections.

Trans issues unfortunately were able to be hijacked and turned into the next political spin. The average american is no where close to twitter, on twitter where the 2012 attack helicopter meme is now actually a reality. The average american voter doesent even know half of these things yet. Republicans are the main source of exposure for these things for people that touch grass. Thats the unfortunate reality.
    That’s a lot of words to say nothing of value.

Disney has massive clout in Florida. Massive. To pretend they are just an entity to make money is being incredibly dishonest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    A lot of groomer defenders in this thread
    Oh wow I was wondering when this nonsense would find its way here, lmao.

The NRA tried this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That’s a lot of words to say nothing of value.

Disney has massive clout in Florida. Massive. To pretend they are just an entity to make money is being incredibly dishonest.
    I mean, they -are- just an entity out to make money. It just so happens there's more money in paying lip service to progressive social issues than being an outright bigot - in the West, anyway - so they've tailored their public statements to reflect that, even if a lot of their internal politics are a lot more fucky so they can continue to market themselves in more Conservative countries. Still, it is a big deal that huge corporations are bothering to take this shift to begin with and supporting LGBT issues (even if it's just to get consumer brownie points) goes a long way to normalizing them so we can stop having these fucking debates with troglodytes about whether an entire section of the population deserves the right to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Kinda weird that you think kids and their parents should be having sex. Personally I don’t find calling people by their preferred genders to be offensive. Apparently you do. Why are you opposed to kids calling their teachers Mr., Ms., or Mrs.?
    I meant conversations regarding sex should be between the kid and their parents, not in private without the parents consent, this really isn't a hot take lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I mean, they -are- just an entity out to make money. It just so happens there's more money in paying lip service to progressive social issues than being an outright bigot - in the West, anyway - so they've tailored their public statements to reflect that, even if a lot of their internal politics are a lot more fucky so they can continue to market themselves in more Conservative countries. Still, it is a big deal that huge corporations are bothering to take this shift to begin with and supporting LGBT issues (even if it's just to get consumer brownie points) goes a long way to normalizing them so we can stop having these fucking debates with troglodytes about whether an entire section of the population deserves the right to exist.
    I picked my words specifically to avoid this complaint. The amount of power they wield as a massive amount of tourist revenue to the state makes them much more than just a company making money to Florida, and to treat it as such is dishonest.