10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, if he honestly lost them, he'll have no problem asking the phone company to turn over any call logs or texts.
    ...wouldn't the phone company have to do that if compelled to by the courts anyway?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If they're honestly last, yes.

But we both know Trump destroyed evidence of all that stuff he did.
    Subpoena's for the all the towers they pinged off and last known GPS is something they should already have,really hoping they're giving him rope to hang himself with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...wouldn't the phone company have to do that if compelled to by the courts anyway?
    Yes. But Trump honestly lost them and honestly wants to turn over evidence as an honest person, he would not fight that compulsion by suing the phone company.

Surely most bigly honest yuge person ever Trump will ask the phone company to find the records on those phones he lost by complete accident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. But Trump honestly lost them and honestly wants to turn over evidence as an honest person, he would not fight that compulsion by suing the phone company.

Surely most bigly honest yuge person ever Trump will ask the phone company to find the records on those phones he lost by complete accident?
    I mean, I'm not concerned about the depths of hypocrisy or insolence Trump will attempt to sink to in order to obfuscate and confuse. It's clear there is no bar low enough for him.

I'm only concerned about whether they work or not, as is he. Only... I'm interested in them not working.

And, beyond delaying, I don't imagine this claim of them "being lost" will get him out of providing the evidence... especially considering that he admitted these phones existed. They can go to the phone company for the record in question, and Trump can sue the phone company all he wants... but that lawsuit will yield nothing but dismissal, and I've no reason to believe the phone company itself would refuse to hand over the things legally asked of them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    GPS yo.

/locationisonevenifitisnot
    Well, at least there is one truth in that article. Him saying he doesn't use a business computer for work. Outside of a phone, the man literally cannot use a computer. Now his subordinates are a different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't wait to see how it stacks up to CyberTrump 2077! It's already back down to #13 downloads, despite Trump using it.

So...he's getting in the RSS Feed business, which I thought was mostly dead and for us "old millennials" since I've had to explain it to every zoomer coworker that I've mentioned it to (and FTP servers, and IRC and other things that make me feel old).

10+ Year Old Account
    Market opens, DWAC stock price drops 5% in the time to make a decent cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...he's getting in the RSS Feed business, which I thought was mostly dead and for us "old millennials" since I've had to explain it to every zoomer coworker that I've mentioned it to (and FTP servers, and IRC and other things that make me feel old).
    RSS Feeds are still wildly popular in the developing and third world where a lot of people only have access to mobile internet and no broadband, many carriers often offer unlimited data packages for RSS Feed and Social Media via RSS with simplified media formats. This is one of the reasons why Facebook is still so relevant in places like India, South East Asia and Africa.

I'm not sure how much of a market there is for that in the US tho, I mean, maybe in the rural flyover states?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. DWAC's price is still going down. Did anything happen over the weekend?

The claim originated from Devin Nunes—CEO of Trump’s social media company Truth Social—in an interview with the Fox Business Network on Wednesday.

“We’re all for it,” Nunes said. “Trump, basically before Elon Musk bought it, actually said to go and buy it, because the goal of our company is really to build a community where people are in a family-friendly, safe environment, very much different than Twitter.

“Someone has to continue to take on these tech tyrants,” he added.

The New York Post shared Nunes’ claims in a tweet early Friday, adding that Musk had been “quietly” influenced by the former president.

This is false,” Musk replied. “I’ve had no communication, directly or indirectly, with Trump, who has publicly stated that he will be exclusively on Truth Social.”
    "That must be it."

Well, you say that...

Over the weekend, Nunes responded to Musk’s tweet, calling the entire debacle “fake news.”

“There’s been no secret or anything QUIET we’ve been very vocal and public! Glad the Tltter sewer and the Fakenews are going crazy over TRUTH today,” he added.
    "Titter?"

I just cut and paste, dude.

So, once again, Team Trump is caught digging their own graves. Maybe Nunes can loophole his way out of this by saying "we said it publicly so Musk probably saw it, therefore, we get to take the credit when he does something we publicly suggest". If that's the route he's going for, may I publicly suggest Nunes breathe oxygen? If he continues to do so, I demand credit.

Also, isn't intentionally antagonizing Musk the worst thing to do when your boss has the shakes from Twitter withdrawl?

Also, if Nunes is going to refuse Musk's claim of "I had no communication" as "Fakenews", then as per usual the anus is on him, fuck, onus is on him to prove there was. Considering the depths Trump is going to to hide his communications, good luck with that.

CyberTrump 2077 continues to have other issues. Over the weekend, some users were unable to upload images, which from context I assume were all memes about Biden eating ice cream while the jobs report surged. There are still occasional outages and the waitlist still isn't great. Say, how's it doing on the Apple Store?

(checks site)

Down off the top 10...again. In social media, it's not even on the top 50 total. Nunes has said that CyberTrump 2077 is coming to browsers soon, that can't possibly help the stock price. Nunes seems to be shrilling at random passers-by but the fact is, nobody seems to want this. I'm having difficulty finding the number of total downloads and/or active users, but the most generous estimates I've seen top at 3 million, with no discounted number to account for bots, multiple accounts, or people who pulled a Trump and gave up. Twitter has 200 to 300 million active users a day.

Maybe someone needs to confront those big-tech tyrants...but it won't be Trump.

This woman is the chief spokesperson for Trump, I believe.

Actual (NYPost) article in question.
    She's right -

10+ Year Old Account
    "I just cut and paste, dude. Well, no, except for the times where I editorialize in third person by inserting my own words into the speaker's mouth to satirize the subject and make my point..."

...Breccia didn't say, but I imagine them saying.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Huh. DWAC's price is still going down. Did anything happen over the weekend?

"That must be it."

Well, you say that...

"Titter?"

So, once again, Team Trump is caught digging their own graves. Maybe Nunes can loophole his way out of this by saying "we said it publicly so Musk probably saw it, therefore, we get to take the credit when he does something we publicly suggest". If that's the route he's going for, may I publicly suggest Nunes breathe oxygen? If he continues to do so, I demand credit.

Also, isn't intentionally antagonizing Musk the worst thing to do when your boss has the shakes from Twitter withdrawl?

Also, if Nunes is going to refuse Musk's claim of "I had no communication" as "Fakenews", then as per usual the anus is on him, fuck, onus is on him to prove there was. Considering the depths Trump is going to to hide his communications, good luck with that.

CyberTrump 2077 continues to have other issues. Over the weekend, some users were unable to upload images, which from context I assume were all memes about Biden eating ice cream while the jobs report surged. There are still occasional outages and the waitlist still isn't great. Say, how's it doing on the Apple Store?

(checks site)

Down off the top 10...again. In social media, it's not even on the top 50 total. Nunes has said that CyberTrump 2077 is coming to browsers soon, that can't possibly help the stock price. Nunes seems to be shrilling at random passers-by but the fact is, nobody seems to want this. I'm having difficulty finding the number of total downloads and/or active users, but the most generous estimates I've seen top at 3 million, with no discounted number to account for bots, multiple accounts, or people who pulled a Trump and gave up. Twitter has 200 to 300 million active users a day.

Maybe someone needs to confront those big-tech tyrants...but it won't be Trump.
    I believe Titter was the original name for OnlyFans.

A 5,895 page document released by the Florida Department of Education definitively proves that
    GovRonDeSantis
    LIED about math textbooks for elementary students

Follow this for the receipts

In short, ALL the books had no CRT bullshit in them. The One BIG Thing is DeSantis was trying to get rid of the books so he could buy from a conservative publisher in Texas. Gee, who would have thought of scamming the idiots so they in turn line the pockets of their conservative allies to make them richer.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The One BIG Thing is DeSantis was trying to get rid of the books so he could buy from a conservative publisher in Texas.
    Texas is a blight on the textbook community.

A 5,895 page document released by the Florida Department of Education definitively proves that
    GovRonDeSantis
    LIED about math textbooks for elementary students

Follow this for the receipts

In short, ALL the books had no CRT bullshit in them. The One BIG Thing is DeSantis was trying to get rid of the books so he could buy from a conservative publisher in Texas. Gee, who would have thought of scamming the idiots so they in turn line the pockets of their conservative allies to make them richer.
    It wasn't CRT that they banned them for, it was any hint of social-emotional learning. So something as simple as asking students to reflect on math problems would disqualify a book. Even if this is literally evidence-based education theory that has been researched and shown to be more generally effective at getting kids to actually engage and learn the subject matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas is a blight on the textbook community.
    Let's not start doing that thing where we list all the communities upon which Texas and/or Florida are a blight...

...it's much more efficient to list the communities upon which they're not a blight.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Let's not start doing that thing where we list all the communities upon which Texas and/or Florida are a blight...

...it's much more efficient to list the communities upon which they're not a blight.
    Disney.

(reads forum threads)

Oh. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It wasn't CRT that they banned them for, it was any hint of social-emotional learning. So something as simple as asking students to reflect on math problems would disqualify a book. Even if this is literally evidence-based education theory that has been researched and shown to be more generally effective at getting kids to actually engage and learn the subject matter.
    I was but didn't put SEL in post to get too deep into the woods. Well, for me I had no idea what SEL was but was mentioned in this Twitter thread. In this thread only one book was mentioned with SEL and by some Right Winger from Michigan. So I say in short that it wasn't about SEL either. It was a straight out money grab scam to buy new textbooks.

As @Breccia mentioned, math books were just effin strange. Now these publishers in Texas are well know for re-writing history as the Civil War was about the struggle of southern gentlemen for state's rights, etc.

Edit: Plus I guess if we are being political, I would just keep it simple in the message of DeSantis using tax payer funds to line the pocket of the well connected.

I don't know if the people care or this moves votes and honestly this may be the least effort, but I just say on this keep it simple. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-05-10 at 06:47 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    publishers in Texas are well know for re-writing history as the Civil War
    Oh, and biology. "Evolution? The John Lennon song?"