Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...54.17.0_10.pdf

Link to the warrant. The three laws cited by Breitbart as the topic of the warrant are confirmed, 18 USC 793, 2071, and 1519. List of documents has some interesting tidbits -

Executive grant of clemency to Stone
    Info about Macron (French president)
    lots of classified docs
    lots of classified/top secret/SCI documents
    I am reading it, and not surprisingly, Christina Bobb signed it. Even though I think she was the one that lied saying that she was never showed a warrant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's a strong possibility that Trump sold nuclear secrets to the Saudis. Can someone remind me again which country had the most amount of folks involved in crashing planes into the World Trade Center?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

It's very likely he already did given that the Saudi's are shelling out tons of money to him and Kushner. I don't think they're gonna dump all that cash without getting something tangible in return, especially given Trump's reputation as a less than trustworthy partner in negotiations/business deals.
    I mean, he gave Russians classified information about Israel literally like the first 6 months of his presidency. Where they were told where Israeli operatives were in Syria. It would not surprise me if he did this with the Saudis at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So there's a strong possibility that Trump sold nuclear secrets to the Saudis. Can someone remind me again which country had the most amount of folks involved in crashing planes into the World Trade Center?
    IRAQ! That's why we invaded, right?

Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Since this is a rumor, I will treat it as such. However, if it is true, then both Trump and Kushner should be tried like the Rosenbergs did if it is nuclear secrets. We executed them because they sold nuclear secrets to the Russians.
    I don't approve of the death sentence, but if Trump did do this, I'll make an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I mean, he gave Russians classified information about Israel literally like the first 6 months of his presidency. Where they were told where Israeli operatives were in Syria. It would not surprise me if he did this with the Saudis at all.
    Which: Worth noting - wasn't his information to share. I mean, he shared it and all, but generally there's a standing rule in which you don't share intelligence information on another nations behalf without their express approval. Especially to a country like Russia that's one of our adversaries...and engaged in a 6-month long "3-day special operation" against one of their neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't approve of the death sentence, but if Trump did do this, I'll make an exception.
    Oh fuck no. If true, he needs to spend his remaining days - and long may they be - in federal prison, with TV's in every room playing CNN and MSNBC coverage of the investigation and trail on repeat. I want him to spend as much time being globally humiliated as humanly possible, and serve as a constant reminder to the MAGA cult about what they supported and how it ended.

And every time Republicans even think about bringing up security and "BUTTERY MALES" just remind them that their former head of the party and POTUS they defended in two impeachments, is in prison for life for selling US secrets abroad. He'd be a traitor.

I am not holding out hope that anything Trump does will land him in any kind of consequence, besides if he sold it to the Saudis we are currently trying to appease them. I don't see this or any of the investigations doing anything aside from pushing him to announce his run for presidency before the midterms.

Could this mean that Trump is basically unelectable at this point (ignoring the 30% that makes up his base)
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Could this mean that Trump is basically unelectable at this point (ignoring the 30% that makes up his base)
    If I am not mistaken there's nothing in the constitution that says a convicted felon can't run for president though its doubtful that would happen in such a short time.

Probably.
    But that 30% may well be enough to win it regardless because the US system is fucked up and Republicans are prepping the way to fuck it harder then ever before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If I am not mistaken there's nothing in the constitution that says a convicted felon can't run for president though its doubtful that would happen in such a short time.
    He can run, someone once ran a campaign from a jail cell. But outside of his cult no one is (should) be voting for him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Putting aside charges and convictions. I am talking about the GOP (McConnell in particular) probably won't go near Trump now that this has dropped. Sure Majorie Greene will hand wave this away. But the smart side of the GOP knows toxic when they see it. And Trump just hit 11 on the toxic meter.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Which: Worth noting - wasn't his information to share. I mean, he shared it and all, but generally there's a standing rule in which you don't share intelligence information on another nations behalf without their express approval. Especially to a country like Russia that's one of our adversaries...and engaged in a 6-month long "3-day special operation" against one of their neighbors.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh fuck no. If true, he needs to spend his remaining days - and long may they be - in federal prison, with TV's in every room playing CNN and MSNBC coverage of the investigation and trail on repeat. I want him to spend as much time being globally humiliated as humanly possible, and serve as a constant reminder to the MAGA cult about what they supported and how it ended.

And every time Republicans even think about bringing up security and "BUTTERY MALES" just remind them that their former head of the party and POTUS they defended in two impeachments, is in prison for life for selling US secrets abroad. He'd be a traitor.
    If he get's convicted for the jan 6th stuff, then yeah I'd be fine with the above. But if he was selling nuclear information, selling info about foreign presidents, and whatever other top secret stuff in those boxes, than the national emergency threat that he is, he needs to be put down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that depends on what the crime is.
    If they tag him and convict on the espionage charge, probably can't hold office.
    Someone more lawfully knowledged know for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He can run, someone once ran a campaign from a jail cell. But outside of his cult no one is (should) be voting for him.
    There was an election won by a dead guy so the system is indeed pretty fucked here, as long as he has an R next to his name he will get a lot of votes. The right wing of this country is at a point where the re animated corpse of Hitler would get all their votes .

- - - Updated - - -

Putting aside charges and convictions. I am talking about the GOP (McConnell in particular) probably won't go near Trump now that this has dropped. Sure Majorie Greene will hand wave this away. But the smart side of the GOP knows toxic when they see it. And Trump just hit 11 on the toxic meter.
    McConnell came groveling back on his hands and knees once he saw there was no consequence and he let Trump get away with not being impeached. McConnell and the entire GOP have no spine as long as Trump has that base support he is invincible.

If he get's convicted for the jan 6th stuff, then yeah I'd be fine with the above. But if he was selling nuclear information, selling info about foreign presidents, and whatever other top secret stuff in those boxes, than the national emergency threat that he is, he needs to be put down.
    I understand, but I have a pretty firm "no-death-penalty" stance in general. And IMO he serves as a better reminder/warning of the perils of electing Republicans to office as a permanent resident of a federal prison than he does as someone that gets the lethal injection while he cries about how this all can't be happening and isn't real.

There was an election won by a dead guy so the system is indeed pretty fucked here, as long as he has an R next to his name he will get a lot of votes. The right wing of this country is at a point where the re animated corpse of Hitler would get all their votes .

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell came groveling back on his hands and knees once he saw there was no consequence and he let Trump get away with not being impeached. McConnell and the entire GOP have no spine as long as Trump has that base support he is invincible.
    It's not just the base Trump needs support from. It's the billions with the deep pockets who may or may not fund another run.

That is the thing. If him and Kushner were selling nuclear secrets to a nation that would knowingly use it for nefarious means against its enemies, particularly Iran and Israel, then that would be cause for the death penalty. We have put people to death for less.

Granted, Capital Punishment should only be for an extreme small amount of crimes. This is one of them due to the fact on how much extreme harm it would do.

It's not just the base Trump needs support from. It's the billions with the deep pockets who may or may not fund another run.
    As long as he wins the nomination he will get the money, there's enough dark pools and lobbying groups to obscure the money that corporations can publicly boycott while still donating to him. We can thank the supreme court who has worked very hard to make bribery I mean "donations" as "legal" as possible.

The GOP already didn't want Trump, they never wanted Trump and tried to keep him from getting the nomination in the first place.
    Its not up to the GOP leadership if Trump runs again as the Republican candidate. Its up their rabid fanbase that they themselves created and are that just yesterday they were still whipping into a frenzy over the 'Witch hunt'.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as he wins the nomination he will get the money, there's enough dark pools and lobbying groups to obscure the money that corporations can publicly boycott while still donating to him. We can thank the supreme court who has worked very hard to make bribery I mean "donations" as "legal" as possible.
    The one thing Republicans care more about then looking strong is winning.
    There is no world in which the GOP purposefully tries to throw the election if Trump secures their primary.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The GOP already didn't want Trump, they never wanted Trump and tried to keep him from getting the nomination in the first place.
    Its not up to the GOP leadership if Trump runs again as the Republican candidate. Its up their rabid fanbase that they themselves created and are that just yesterday they were still whipping into a frenzy over the 'Witch hunt'.
    yup the base has been conditioned to not accept any information that contradicts the narrative. I said it once and I will say it again the only thing that can take down Trump is him being outed as LGBTQ.