10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nunes is the shining example of Trump's rabid fanbase: throwing wild, baseless, factless accusations around while defending a damn-near proven criminal. Because he'd rather seem insane than admit he made a mistake.
    In regards to the bolded, as long as the FBI isn't lying, it's already proven. It would be a fact that he had in his possession docs that he could not legally have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presidential historian Michael Beschloss:

We have never in history seen a former president take ultra-classified documents, stick them in his basement, loosely watched by government standards, and with the shadow of we still don’t know what his motive was.

This is not something that we have seen before,” Beschloss said. “Don’t think this is normal procedure.
    He also, like many others, immediately debunked the "Obama did it" defense attempt.

John Dean, Nixon's WH counsel:

Well, I think that they don’t seem to want to appreciate that the FBI and other federal law enforcement as well as state and local, they enforce search warrants every day, against every kind of person.

And there’s a reason Trump provoked this. He’s the one who didn’t cooperate. He’s the one who forced Merrick Garland’s hand. We don’t know what it is he has or had. Garland isn’t a risk taker, he isn’t a guy whose bold and goes where no one else has ever gone. He’s somebody who does it by the book so I think these people are going to have egg all over their face when this is over. While they may not ever admit it, there, there certainly should.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2144865.html

We are here -

[ ] There were no documents at Mar-a-Lago

[ ] If there were documents at Mar-a-Lago, they were planted by the FBI

[ ] Ok, there were documents, but they don't matter, nothing classified

[ ] But Obama has documents too!

[X] Ok there were documents and we would like them back now, please
    You left out the one about Hunter Biden's laptop or whatever it is they're obsessed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    You left out the one about Hunter Biden's laptop or whatever it is they're obsessed with.
    Yeah, pieces of sub-human trash like Bongino are definitely shrieking about that and Hillary’s emails over at Fox News.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Yeah, pieces of sub-human trash like Bongino are definitely shrieking about that and Hillary’s emails over at Fox News.
    Bold of them to take their “Hunter Biden’s laptop” strategy that got them nowhere in 2020 and… try that exact same thing again.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://apnews.com/article/voting-ri...995d37b1ee7d22

Well, Kansas now has the funding for the recount, since it needs to be covered externally in case the recount verifies the initial tally.

Mark Gietzen, who leads a group called Kansas Republican Assembly, will foot the $229,000 bill for it despite there being a 165,000 vote difference making the chances of a different outcome beyond slim.

There remains no evidence of voter fraud or anything of the sort. So this group will just blow their money and waste a bunch of time from election employees on yet another actual witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Yep, I was out of my room walking through the living room earlier where my dumbass stepdad was watching Fox News like a good little cultist and the morning morons were saying that Hillary did the same thing and worse, even though she didn't, and even skipping over the fact that Republicans cleared her in the FBI and congress.

Also skipping over the fact that, as soon as Trump lost his presidency, he lost the SCIF at Mar-A-Lago, and Biden took his security clearance away from him.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bide...n-funds-2022-8

The Taliban's hopes of getting its hands on $7 billion in reserves in Afghanistan's central bank have for now been dashed as the Biden administration rules out releasing the frozen assets that have been held by the US for the last year, according to a new report.

The Biden administration will not release any of the funds, and it has suspended talks with the Taliban on the matter after the US found and killed Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in a drone strike late last month in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, US officials told The Wall Street Journal in a report published on Monday.
    Huh...so housing a terrorist leader in the capitol of your country might not be the best way to get the US to release much-needed funds? And might be a good way to kill any ongoing talks?

Until recently, the US and the Taliban had been negotiating the release of $3.5 billion in Afghanistan's reserves, it was previously reported.

Last week, more than 70 economists and experts sent a letter to President Joe Biden and Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, urging the administration to release the $7 billion in frozen reserve funds.

The economists argued that Afghanistan's central bank needs the funds to help the struggling country combat severe economic and humanitarian woes, such as high inflation and a populace on the brink of starvation, among other concerns.

"The Taliban government has done horrific things, including but not limited to its appalling treatment of women and girls, and ethnic minorities," they wrote. "However, it is both morally condemnable and politically and economically reckless to impose collective punishment on an entire people for the actions of a government they did not choose."
    Now this isn't all great news and all, there are tons of folks suffering under the Taliban in Afghanistan. But it's also highly likely that even if the $7B the US is holding were released that very little would find its way to the actual people and most would simply be stolen by the Taliban to spend on lavish shit and funding terror. As terrible as it may be, continuing to withhold the money is likely the least-bad option here.

I look forward to conservatives celebrating that Biden not only oversaw the elimination of a 9/11 plotter, but is using that to withhold funds from a terrorist organization. Even if they're technically funds for the Afghan government.

At least they haven't been invited back to Camp David yet, so that's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not by any sane accounting, no.
    I could have sworn it was reported that she no longer believes her dad won the election in 2020, but maybe I'm mixing something up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/15/u...ion-trump.html

Lawyers for Rudolph W. Giuliani have been told that he is a target of a criminal investigation in Georgia into election interference by Donald J. Trump and his advisers, one of Mr. Giuliani’s lawyers said on Monday.

Mr. Giuliani, who spearheaded efforts to keep Mr. Trump in power as his personal lawyer, emerged in recent weeks as a central figure in the inquiry being conducted by Fani T. Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, Ga., which encompasses most of Atlanta. Earlier this summer, prosecutors questioned witnesses before a special grand jury about Mr. Giuliani’s appearances before state legislative panels in December 2020, when he spent hours peddling false conspiracy theories about secret suitcases of Democratic ballots and corrupted voting machines.

For Mr. Giuliani, the former mayor of New York, the developments are the latest in a widening swath of trouble, though he got some good news recently when it emerged that he was unlikely to face charges in a federal criminal inquiry into his ties to Ukraine during the 2020 presidential campaign.

Mr. Giuliani is scheduled to appear before the special grand jury on Monday at a downtown Atlanta courthouse. His lawyer, Robert Costello, disclosed in an interview that prosecutors told him Monday that Mr. Giuliani was a target.

Mr. Costello said Mr. Giuliani would probably invoke attorney-client privilege if asked questions about his dealings with Mr. Trump. “If these people think he’s going to talk about conversations between him and President Trump, they’re delusional,” Mr. Costello said.

Also on Monday, a Federal District Court judge in Atlanta, Leigh Martin May, rejected efforts by South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham to avoid appearing before the special grand jury. Mr. Graham is set to testify on August 23. The judge found that prosecutors had shown that there is “a special need for Senator Graham’s testimony on issues relating to alleged attempts to influence or disrupt the lawful administration of Georgia’s 2022 elections.”
    I bet the Four Seasons Total Landscaping parking lot is available for another press conference, in case Giuliani wants to host one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    One thing that hasn't got enough attention is the grifting and monetization of the MAGA supporters. There was a picture yesterday from Truth Social, and it was 90% ads for overpriced "immunity boosting" supplements, "Stop the Steal" t-shirts, etc. The response from Trump to his espionage investigation was to ask for more donations. There is an entire cottage industry now just for separating conservatives from their money by pandering to their cultism. Some ads even mention that buying their product will cause "liberal tears", as though sending them money for overpriced novelty items will have a political effect.

Particularly political news orgs that have a clear bias, and then sell ads for politically slanted products are where things start to get really morally murky. Or any news org that abuses it's status as a news outlet to sell products. For example, a weather channel that intentionally inflates the risk of a hurricane or severe storm, and then markets it's own weather radios or survival kits would cross the same line. It effectively turns the channel or app from a news source into a 24x7 infomercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    One thing that hasn't got enough attention is the grifting and monetization of the MAGA supporters. There was a picture yesterday from Truth Social, and it was 90% ads for overpriced "immunity boosting" supplements, "Stop the Steal" t-shirts, etc. The response from Trump to his espionage investigation was to ask for more donations. There is an entire cottage industry now just for separating conservatives from their money by pandering to their cultism. Some ads even mention that buying their product will cause "liberal tears", as though sending them money for overpriced novelty items will have a political effect.

Particularly political news orgs that have a clear bias, and then sell ads for politically slanted products are where things start to get really morally murky. Or any news org that abuses it's status as a news outlet to sell products. For example, a weather channel that intentionally inflates the risk of a hurricane or severe storm, and then markets it's own weather radios or survival kits would cross the same line. It effectively turns the channel or app from a news source into a 24x7 infomercial.
    My ability to feel sorry for morons continuing to be morons has its limits.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-tr...-raid?ref=home

So...conservative groups were organizing a protest of the FBI's D.C. office over the weekend...until they weren't. Apparently just before the weekend hit they started to think that maybe it was a sting operation - because you know, peacefully protesting the FBI is actually absolutely legal and not something you can be arrested for - and they were walking into a trap.

Nobody showed up as a result.

These people are terrified of their own shadows, lol.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's malding over the fact that his Passports (Yes, plural) have all been confiscated by the FBI.

So at least they acknowledged that he's a hella flight risk and nipped that in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Trump's malding over the fact that his Passports (Yes, plural) have all been confiscated by the FBI.

So at least they acknowledged that he's a hella flight risk and nipped that in the bud.
    He does know that they took those when he lost the election right? Because he is a security risk if he goes to another country. They get Secret Service detail, yes, but they don't get enough to protect him if goes to somewhere hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    It's interesting because I don't think the passport was something spelled out that they should take in the warrant. It just mentioned any classified docs or presidential docs. I would be surprised if they could be looking through documents and say "Oh hey, here's his passport, lets take that too!". So they must really think he's a flight risk. But does he really need his passport to board his own private jet and fly to say Saudi Arabia or Russia or somewhere? Those countries wouldn't let trump in without a passport? I doubt that.

*actually just read that he can probably just apply for another passport. Unless the State Dept puts a hold on it, of course. (and we don't know that they have).
    Last edited by solinari6; 2022-08-15 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He does know that they took those when he lost the election right? Because he is a security risk if he goes to another country. They get Secret Service detail, yes, but they don't get enough to protect him if goes to somewhere hostile.
    I don't think one loses their passport when leaving office. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if POTUS has a special one and they lose that, but there's no basis for legally confiscating Trump's passport to-date. USSS can technically override POTUS requests for travel, but more often than not their job is to figure it out and make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/15/u...ion-trump.html

I bet the Four Seasons Total Landscaping parking lot is available for another press conference, in case Giuliani wants to host one.
    Don't know if this ties in but...

Under subpoena, computer experts turn over docs showing Sidney Powell and an attorney for the Trump campaign directed and paid for them to copy election system software in Georgia, Michigan and Nevada.

So this story is just about Trump's lawyers, no info if Trump is directly involved. An oh btw, Sidney Powell can still practice law.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    It effectively turns the channel or app from a news source into a 24x7 infomercial.
    Is it surprising? Legitimate businesses don't want to be associated with the Nazi Twitter app (and even those that would would probably rather spend their money advertising on an app with actual engagement), so it has to get its funding from...somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Don't know if this ties in but...

Under subpoena, computer experts turn over docs showing Sidney Powell and an attorney for the Trump campaign directed and paid for them to copy election system software in Georgia, Michigan and Nevada.

So this story is just about Trump's lawyers, no info if Trump is directly involved. An oh btw, Sidney Powell can still practice law.
    Man, every time you think they've reached peak projection it's actually just where they've temporarily paused so they can build the scaffolding even higher.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...12185754238978

Vote 1, 2, 3 times, whatever! And here I keep thinking that "voter fraud" is a serious thing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202208150059

A Mercer County man threatened to murder FBI agents last week after the bureau's search of Donald Trump's Florida estate, saying "come and get me you piece of [expletive] feds" and "I am going to [expletive] slaughter you," according to a federal complaint filed Monday in Pittsburgh.

Adam Bies, 46, is charged in U.S. District Court with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law officers.

He is in U.S. custody and is set for an initial appearance hearing this afternoon before a federal magistrate judge.

According to an FBI affidavit, Bies issued a variety of threats on Gab after agents searched Trump's Mar-a-Lago complex for evidence of stolen classified documents.

He compared the FBI to the Nazi SS and the Soviet-era KGB and said everyone at the FBI, from agents to janitors, should be killed.

"My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop," he wrote on Thursday. "I will not spend one second of my life in their custody."

The case began that day when an FBI national threat team received a tip from a domestic terrorism tracking group that someone calling himself "BlankFocus" was posting threats on Gab.

"If you work for the FBI then you deserve to die," the poster wrote in one message.

After an emergency request for information, Gab provided subscriber data for "Adam Campbell," which the FBI said is an alias that Bies said he used "so that corporate Murica' can't google me out of a job."

Agents tracked Bies' IP address to his residence on Falls Road in rural Mercer County.

A review of Bies' Gab chats revealed a range of threats, according to the affidavit.

"I’ll shoot an SS officer in the head just as quick as I’d shoot a KGB officer in the head," he said in one post. "Keep that in mind. There are plenty of other letters in the alphabet. Police state scum are police state scum. Period."

He also tagged Gab CEO Andrew Torba regarding a news article about FBI Director Christopher Wray discussing threats the FBI had received after the Mar-a-Lago search. He expressed anger at Gab for warning that it will remove chats containing threats and said, "I sincerely believe that if you work for the FBI, then you deserve to DIE."

In another post on Thursday, Bies referenced a message Gab had issued him, complaining that the platform "just gave me an account warning today for saying that a bunch of child moleseting [expletives] at the FBI should be put down."

He also called Torba a "piece of [expletive]" and told him to "go ahead and ban me."

A review of his Gab chats from Wednesday revealed other threats against the FBI, agents said.

In one post, according to the affidavit, he said, "HEY FEDS. We the people cannot WAIT to water the trees of liberty with your blood. I’ll be waiting for you to kick down my door.”
    Well, at least Trump's base is ensuring that prisons will be filled even if there's criminal justice reform.

I particularly like that Gab was apparently "censoring" him by warning him about his posts possibly being against the law. I don't think he needs a ban from Gab though, as he's now in federal custody and likely doesn't have access to a computer/phone to continue posting.