10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    To me it doesn't really matter who runs as long as they are a stable human being with ideas and plans to implement them in a way that is most prosperous for the U.S. If Oprah or The Rock ran I'm fine with the idea as long as they fit that criteria.

Trump on the other hand is none of that and shows not every child should be told "You too can be president one day", as there are some people that definitely shouldn't be.
    I really, really don't want to see another reality star president. We need a quiet, competent professional that has strong moral character and is willing to sacrifice to actually Make America Great Again. That said, between the Rock and Oprah, the Rock all the way. He is an extremely intelligent person that has the toughness to actually deal with the problems. Oprah is smart enough, I just doubt she is tough enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I really, really don't want to see another reality star president. We need a quiet, competent professional that has strong moral character and is willing to sacrifice to actually Make America Great Again.
    No argument to your prerequisites. There should definitely be the kind of "talk softly and carry a big stick" person running for president, but unfortunately we have "talk loudly and overcompensate for their small stick" currently running the show.

That said, between the Rock and Oprah, the Rock all the way. He is an extremely intelligent person that has the toughness to actually deal with the problems. Oprah is smart enough, I just doubt she is tough enough.
    To me it is Oprah, only because back in high school I was saying she would be and it would blow the mind of about two dozen people. Of course if she sucks in every way then fuck that noise.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    if someone hasnt already posted :

Executive Order to end competitive selection process for Administrative Law Judges, making them political appointees who can be fired at will.

uhhhhh, nice country.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Executive Order to end competitive selection process for Administrative Law Judges, making them political appointees who can be fired at will.

uhhhhh, nice country.
    We might have to elect two presidents at the same time to undo what Trump has done.

10+ Year Old Account
    No argument to your prerequisites. There should definitely be the kind of "talk softly and carry a big stick" person running for president, but unfortunately we have "talk loudly and overcompensate for their small stick" currently running the show.
    Unfortunately, that is kind of my idealism showing through though. I honestly don't know if a quiet, humble, competent, moral guy can win. I mean that is basically Jeb Bush or Kasich there, and the GOP laughed them out of the building. On the Democrat side of the house that is Elizabeth Warren or Tim Kaine, and I don't know either can win. Like it or not, there is a real chance that Trump could get reelected if we run somebody boring. Trump brings Bread and Circuses, and much like the original it is long on Circus and light on Bread. While yes, a toaster should be able to beat Trump, we have to stop underestimating him, he legit could win again.
    To me it is Oprah, only because back in high school I was saying she would be and it would blow the mind of about two dozen people. Of course if she sucks in every way then fuck that noise.
    If we are going to run a showman like Oprah or the Rock, it is because they are the only thing we can win with. There are literally dozens of candidates I would rather vote for, but I am not sure there are that many more candidates America would rather vote for. I see Trump vs. Sanders as a coin toss. Trump vs. Warren, I would give the advantage to Trump. Trump vs. Hillary 2: The Sequel: Electric Bugaloo goes to Trump... again.

On the other hand, the Rock is going to dunk on anybody. Hard. I don't know if he would make the best President, but he would make about the best candidate imaginable. He is incredibly charismatic, charming, passionate, intelligent, and competent at damn near everything. Nobody really dislikes the Rock, and the same cannot be said for Oprah. I also don't know of any dirt at all on the Rock, I don't even know what you would throw at him to slow him down. So in short, I could see myself supporting the Rock, just to get rid of Trump. I also think it would not be great for the country, but far better then another 4 (or more) of Trump. As a side benefit, if anybody could bring back our allies, it is Dwayne Johnson.

P.S. He could just reprise "You're Welcome" as his Inauguration Speech.

While yes, a toaster should be able to beat Trump, we have to stop underestimating him, he legit could win again.
    He will, be. As I've been saying stupidity is popular right now. For some reason people really like voting against their own interests.

If we are going to run a showman like Oprah or the Rock, it is because they are the only thing we can win with. There are literally dozens of candidates I would rather vote for, but I am not sure there are that many more candidates America would rather vote for. I see Trump vs. Sanders as a coin toss. Trump vs. Warren, I would give the advantage to Trump. Trump vs. Hillary 2: The Sequel: Electric Bugaloo goes to Trump... again.
    That's under the assumption that we already know the players that will be in that race. Frankly Trump and Hillary was a real tossup as they were the only two people they could both lose and win against. Trump would have lost to just about anyone else, if it wasn't for stupid fuckers thinking that talking about penis and hand size was something admirable to talk about from Trump.

.....and competent at damn near everything
    Not that I dislike The Rock, but I'd disagree here. He hasn't been in a really good movie in forever. He's stayed in this safe zone of lowest common denominator action movies like Fast & the Furious (all of them are terrible but when he joined those movies got retarded), Rampage, and the completely unnecessary remake of Jumanji. He's a good actor when he wants to be, but damn does he love to stay in that action bubble of his.

As for the person he's a good person and I have no objections of him running, but man his movie record is.....bleckh.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will, be. As I've been saying stupidity is popular right now. For some reason people really like voting against their own interests.

That's under the assumption that we already know the players that will be in that race. Frankly Trump and Hillary was a real tossup as they were the only two people they could both lose and win against. Trump would have lost to just about anyone else, if it wasn't for stupid fuckers thinking that talking about penis and hand size was something admirable to talk about from Trump.
    Oh, I agree with everything here. I am making it pretty clear that I would much prefer a good candidate to appear that isn't a TV star.
    Not that I dislike The Rock, but I'd disagree here. He hasn't been in a really good movie in forever. He's stayed in this safe zone of lowest common denominator action movies like Fast & the Furious (all of them are terrible but when he joined those movies got retarded), Rampage, and the completely unnecessary remake of Jumanji. He's a good actor when he wants to be, but damn does he love to stay in that action bubble of his.

As for the person he's a good person and I have no objections of him running, but man his movie record is.....bleckh.
    Sure, I agree with this too. However you do have to admit he was the best thing in those otherwise craptacular movies. It isn't like Reagan was cranking out blockbusters either. My only point is that the Rock is much better then a weaker candidate losing to Trump, which is the only reason I can see backing him.

Oh, I agree with everything here. I am making it pretty clear that I would much prefer a good candidate to appear that isn't a TV star.
    I can agree with that to a point. I think it doesn't matter who the person is, for the most part, but some people should be nowhere near politics, Trump being a prime example of that.

Sure, I agree with this too. However you do have to admit he was the best thing in those otherwise craptacular movies.
    I'd disagree with that on some of them, but yeah. Doesn't make the movies any better though.

My only point is that the Rock is much better then a weaker candidate losing to Trump, which is the only reason I can see backing him.
    Certainly. In every single metric The Rock is far better than Trump, then again so is a dimly lit bonfire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could get behind Basic Campfire.

Figured this could go here too since Trump is part of the reason we don't have this.

Scott Pruitt, Trump, and the White House blocked the knowledge of water contamination levels so to stop a "public relations nightmare".

Scott Pruitt’s EPA and the White House sought to block publication of a federal health study on a nationwide water-contamination crisis, after one Trump administration aide warned it would cause a "public relations nightmare," newly disclosed emails reveal.

The intervention early this year — not previously disclosed — came as HHS' Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry was preparing to publish its assessment of a class of toxic chemicals that has contaminated water supplies near military bases, chemical plants and other sites from New York to Michigan to West Virginia.

The study would show that the chemicals endanger human health at a far lower level than EPA has previously called safe, according to the emails.

“The public, media, and Congressional reaction to these numbers is going to be huge,” one unidentified White House aide said in an email forwarded on Jan. 30 by James Herz, a political appointee who oversees environmental issues at the OMB. The email added: “The impact to EPA and [the Defense Department] is going to be extremely painful. We (DoD and EPA) cannot seem to get ATSDR to realize the potential public relations nightmare this is going to be.”
    These fucking shithead cum stains need to be brought down for this kind of shit. I guess they want us all to live in Flint.

On the other hand, Pruitt has also called water pollution one of his signature priorities.
    Also from the article this has to be the funniest thing in there. When did Pruitt worry about the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

uhhhhh, nice country.
    It's like they don't realise that any knives they sharpen for Democrats today will be used by them when they're next in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's like they don't realise that any knives they sharpen for Democrats today will be used by them when they're next in power.
    When hindsight is 20/20 and foresight is -5/20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I could get behind Basic Campfire.
    After loosing his campaign for warchief, I think Basic Campfire's political career is over. Basic Campfire likely won the popular vote over Garrosh though, so there is that.

Figured this could go here too since Trump is part of the reason we don't have this.

Scott Pruitt, Trump, and the White House blocked the knowledge of water contamination levels so to stop a "public relations nightmare".

These fucking shithead cum stains need to be brought down for this kind of shit. I guess they want us all to live in Flint.

Also from the article this has to be the funniest thing in there. When did Pruitt worry about the environment.
    You just don't get it! You know, that damn regulation of companies poisoning me and we not knowing about it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ato-farm-after

North Korea put out images of Kim at a potato farm during Pompeo's visit. Trump keeps getting played so hard and Korea can't be asking for a better sucker in this whole affair.

Holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account

He made water pollution one of his signature priorities. It was, he's done a ton to make sure water is polluted faster/more efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ato-farm-after

North Korea put out images of Kim at a potato farm during Pompeo's visit. Trump keeps getting played so hard and Korea can't be asking for a better sucker in this whole affair.

Holy shit.
    Trump is playing Go Fish while Kim is trying to play checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He made water pollution one of his signature priorities. It was, he's done a ton to make sure water is polluted faster/more efficiently.
    Apparently we've elected someone that puts Captain Planet villains into office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Trump promised to fix the water in Flint. He is also incorrectly given credit for the EPA giving $100 million to Flint, when it was Obama who signed the legislation to do it. It was just finalized in March 2017.

This article, called "How Flint's Water Crisis Happened, And Why It Isn't Over", was published 9 hours ago.

Also, lest we forget, Pruitt and Trump made it no longer illegal to dump coal sludge directly into drinking water.

So the quoted statement is not hyperbole.

- - - Updated - - -

So Trump is off to meet Putin in a closed-doors, no record, no translator, one-on-one meeting that is not suspicious at all, and in a completely coincidental move, threaten our NATO allies.

Turns out, the Senate decided to have a vote on if the US should support NATO first.

It was 97 to 2 "yes". That's about as one-sided as the support for the bill that forced Trump to sign sanctions on Russia for attacking the election.

Crying like a bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    We might have to elect two presidents at the same time to undo what Trump has done.
    What makes you think you'll have elections after Trump is finished with his work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have rarely, if ever, been more ashamed to be an Arizonan, American, or at this point, human, than after reading this article. At least the 1 year-old had some sort of representation there, fat lot of comfort that is to the kid, I'm sure.

I need a drink and, shit I don't know, an IV drip of THC to mellow the hell out. I don't even know anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.