I like the very unsubtle 'I would throw you in jail for contempt were you not a Congressmen'.
    While you may enjoy immunity under the United States Constitution’s Speech or Debate Clause, that does not make your behavior any less offensive to the rule of law
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    very unsubtle
    It's even worse, really. It's not just "I would" it's "the law says I would have to". It's not personal, it's professional.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, not posting this in the Israel thread, which is about the tragic loss of life, and not a fat dickless clown trying to get clicks on his MySpace because daddy never loved him.

White House tags in DeSantis to smackdown Trump over Hezbollah comments.

"Statements like this are dangerous and unhinged. It's completely lost on us why any American would ever praise an Iran-backed terrorist organization as 'smart,'" White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates said in a statement.

Highlighting the Israeli and American death tolls from the Hamas terrorist attacks, DeSantis blasted Trump's comments and vowed: "As President, I will stand with Israel and treat terrorists like the scum that they are."

Responding to Trump's comments, Israeli communications minister Shlomo Karhi told Israel's Channel 13 that it's "shameful that a man like that, a former U.S. president, abets propaganda and disseminates things that wound the spirit of Israel's fighters and its citizens."

"We don't have to bother with him and the nonsense he spouts," Karhi said.

Asked by Channel 13 if Trump's comments suggest he can't be relied on, Karhi responded: "Obviously."
    "What did Trump say?"

Not dignifying that with a response, link in the description if you care. Sufficient enough to say Trump still thinks handling real world diplomacy is as complicated as playing Civ III. He's a fat arrogant fuckwit who thinks people mourning the loss of loved ones need to hear "see, I told you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's even worse, really. It's not just "I would" it's "the law says I would have to". It's not personal, it's professional.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, not posting this in the Israel thread, which is about the tragic loss of life, and not a fat dickless clown trying to get clicks on his MySpace because daddy never loved him.

White House tags in DeSantis to smackdown Trump over Hezbollah comments.

"What did Trump say?"

Not dignifying that with a response, link in the description if you care. Sufficient enough to say Trump still thinks handling real world diplomacy is as complicated as playing Civ III. He's a fat arrogant fuckwit who thinks people mourning the loss of loved ones need to hear "see, I told you!"
    But I thought Donald loved "the Jews"? He even moved the US embassy to Jerusalem!

Anyways, totally unsurprising to anyone following along that Donald would praise a terrorist group that just attacked a US ally that he claims to love so much. Big brain moments from a Very Stable Genius(TM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But I thought Donald loved "the Jews"? He even moved the US embassy to Jerusalem!

Anyways, totally unsurprising to anyone following along that Donald would praise a terrorist group that just attacked a US ally that he claims to love so much. Big brain moments from a Very Stable Genius(TM).
    Oh, I forgot to quote this:

Netanyahu was once one of Trump's closest allies, but Trump's fury at the Israeli prime minister for congratulating President Biden for winning the 2020 election has upended the relationship.

"I haven't spoken to him since," Trump told Axios' Barak Ravid in 2021. "Fuck him."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nt/ar-AA1i3W4m

Hey CONSTITUTIONAL conservatives!

"The Presidential oath, which the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment surely knew, requires the President to swear to 'preserve, protect and defend' the Constitution — not to 'support' the Constitution," said the filing by Trump's attorneys. "Because the framers chose to define the group of people subject to Section Three by an oath to 'support' the Constitution of the United States, and not by an oath to 'preserve, protect and defend' the Constitution, the framers of the Fourteenth Amendment never intended for it to apply to the President."
    How embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How embarrassing.
    Not embarrassing. Totalitarian. Trump is saying, under oath, that the Founding Fathers would not have minded a traitor commanding the armed forces.

https://themessenger.com/politics/al...-trump-experts

On top of the five-month prison sentence he was ordered to serve at one of New York's most notorious jails, the Trump Organization’s ex-chief financial officer had to pay $2 million in back taxes, penalties and interest in connection with his conviction on more than a dozen counts of criminal fraud.

The day before Allen Weisselberg's sentencing back in January of this year, he also had signed an agreement with the Trump Organization to pay him exactly that amount in severance — in quarterly increments of $250,000 over the course of two years.

Testifying Thursday in a separate civil fraud trial where he's a co-defendant alongside Donald Trump and other company brass, Weisselberg insisted that nobody should read too much into the mirror image $2 million figures.

“Coincidence,” remarked Weisselberg, in response to insistent and incredulous questioning by an attorney for the state of New York.
    "No, this obvious payoff to keep silent is absolutely not an obvious payoff to keep silent in any way, shape, or form. I just have an incredibly bad memory that my boss wanted to reward me for upon my departure. Have you heard my testimony? I can't remember shit. I can't even remember the last time I took a shit."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nt/ar-AA1i3W4m

Hey CONSTITUTIONAL conservatives!

How embarrassing.

"No your horror defend the constitution doesn't mean the laws and rules prescribed by it, it means the literal physical document!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    "No your horror defend the constitution doesn't mean the laws and rules prescribed by it, it means the literal physical document!"
    "I'm a strict Construction-Paperist!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not embarrassing. Totalitarian. Trump is saying, under oath, that the Founding Fathers would not have minded a traitor commanding the armed forces.
    They couldn't very well bar themselves from command, I mean, the Founding Fathers were all terrorists and traitors to the crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

"I'm a strict Construction-Paperist!"
    Give it 2 months and they will be claiming "faithfully execute the office of president" means trump has the legal right to try and assassinate Biden.

Or that's he's only bound by that oath when inside the physical office.
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2023-10-12 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Or that's he's only bound by that oath when inside the physical office.
    Or, of course, "I'm as bound by my oath of office as I am in oath of marriage, so I will now require the country sign this very beneficial pre-nup".

- - - Updated - - -

So let's talk about Truth Social.

It's fucked.

DWAC is now issuing refunds.

Digital World Acquisition Corp (DWAC), the blank-check acquisition company that plans to merge with former U.S. President Donald Trump's social media firm, said on Thursday it would return to investors $533 million raised for a cash infusion in the deal, after some already backtracked on another $467 million of commitments.

The development is the nail in the coffin of the $1 billion investment that DWAC (DWAC.O) had raised for the merger with Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), which runs the Truth Social platform. It raises further doubts about whether the former U.S. president will go ahead with the deal, now that TMTG no longer stands to receive $1 billion if and when it closes.

The move leaves DWAC with the $293 million cash it had raised in its initial public offering in September 2021, which is set to go to TMTG upon the deal's closing. That pot of money could also shrink if investors opt for redemptions.

It was unclear how TMNT will fund itself if the deal does not go through. The latest movie is available on Prime and is getting good reviews, but after Michael Bay the...uh...
    Wait, hold on.

It was unclear how TMTG will fund itself if the deal does not go through. TMTG previously raised $22.8 million in financing from private investors, Reuters reported last October.

DWAC and TMTG have added an option to their amended merger agreement that allows either side to terminate the merger deal between Oct. 31 and Nov. 21 if their boards no longer believe the merger will benefit shareholders, according to an Oct. 2 regulatory filing. According to a Feb. 2, 2021 services agreement, Trump controls 90% of TMTG.
    Deadline extension after deadline extension, the deal everyone knew would fail is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    So in the latest poll that shows Trump ahead of Biden in Pennsylvania, a key swing state, it shows Trump is ahead by a whopping 9 points!

Then you look at the methodology and find out that they polled 430 land line numbers.

Land line.
    The only people I know that still have land lines are Boomers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The LATimes reports that, holy shit, this is fucking nuts.

No really, this is so fucking nuts, that I am personally bringing @Flarelaine in here, because not only does he participate from time to time, but some mod-level shit needs to be involved. Bolded and green for that.

Between rows of portable toilets, a line of strangers waited to be baptized in an aluminum horse trough. One by one, they emerged from water heated all day by the Nevada sun, united in purpose as new soldiers for Donald Trump.
    Yeah, you see where I'm going with this. Trump is going past cult and into religion.

Nearby, Christian rock blared from a large tent where pastors standing before the main stage prayed and laid hands on attendees of the ReAwaken America Tour, a far-right religious roadshow now in its third year.
    "Whoa whoa whoa. This is just some group of random people are worshipping Trump doesn't give it any real validity. It's not like any big names were there."

Helmed by retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn
    "Of course."

and Clay Clark, an Oklahoma entrepreneur and podcaster, the whirlwind event melds the MAGA movement, election denial, QAnon conspiracy theories and doomsday prophecy.

Through it all was an apocalyptic drumbeat that the country will be destroyed if Trump doesn’t become president again. God wants him to win in 2024, speakers proclaimed to their audience, and as Christians they have been called upon to ensure he does.
    "Okay, so QAnon and Flynn. Fine. But it's not like a Trump family memb...don't fucking tell me."

Ayep.

"Which one?"

Ayep.

We know the one in charge up above, and I can tell you that I believe that He has His hand now on Donald Trump, that no weapon formed against Him shall prosper,” Trump’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, told the crowd. “God is a part of this race. I’m telling you guys this. I feel it deep down inside.
    Okay just to be clear, the LATimes did not capitalize "He" in the above. I did. You capitalize He and His when talking about God, who Lara Trump (and others! yay!) specifically and directly invoked. I believe the LATimes should have done the same.

Thousands have attended ReAwaken America on its dozens of stops across the country. Clark began the tour in 2021 to protest COVID-19 public health restrictions, and with Flynn’s help it has gained a reputation for promoting Christian nationalist beliefs alongside right-wing conspiracy theories.

On Friday, the tour is scheduled to stop for the second time this year at the Trump National Doral resort in Miami, and Clark hinted that Trump may appear. In December, the tour heads to Tulare in the Central Valley, hometown of former California Rep. Devin Nunes, a Trump supporter who now serves as chief executive of his media company.

Over the last year, the tour has become increasingly focused on reelecting Trump. In North Las Vegas, several speakers referred to him as the “rightful president.” Self-described prophets spoke of Trump as God’s “anointed one,” and presenters told the crowd that his reelection is necessary to save the country from evil.

“Just as Jesus Christ our Heavenly Father saved me, I am absolutely convinced that He will deliver Donald Trump and save this nation in our greatest moment of peril,” former Trump political advisor Roger Stone told the crowd.

Rhetoric on the tour can veer toward the violent, invoking deliverance and final judgment. A crowd wearing red “Make America Great Again” caps and clothing emblazoned with the American flag roared with laughter when far-right radio personality Stew Peters called for the deaths of President Biden’s son Hunter and retired White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci.

“Let’s be clear. Accountability is God’s job. But it’s not solely God’s job. No, it’s our job too,” Peters said. “When [Fauci] is convicted after a short and fast but thorough trial, he will hang up from a length of thick rope until he is dead. … When [Hunter Biden] is convicted … he will get … death!”
    "Oh, that's some death threats right there. What's the term for using death and threats of death in aims of a political goal?"

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is politics anymore. But the word you're fishing for is "terrorism".

Association with such an event would once have been career-ending in politics. But the tour features a who’s who of Trump’s inner circle, a demonstration of how valuable Trump-world views the support of the far right in the 2024 election.

In addition to Stone and Lara Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and his partner, Kimberly Guilfoyle, spoke at the North Las Vegas conference. So did Trump lawyer Alina Habba and former Defense Department staffer Kash Patel, who sits on the board of the Trump Media & Technology Group, which operates the internet platform Truth Social.

In his keynote speech, Trump Jr. issued a dire warning about the election, telling the audience that they had to get involved to counter opposition from mainstream conservatives.
    Okay I'm going to skip ahead a bit, it's the usual terrifying nonsense about how Trump is normalizing insanity and violence, how vaccines will kill you, deep state being run by pedophiles, any number of things that would any poster here would be kicked off for. That ship has sailed.

“When they arrested Trump, the Lord said something very clear to me: ‘They also arrested who? Jesus. How did that turn out for them?’” said Bo Polny, a Newport Beach-based social media personality whose YouTube channel blends discussions of gold, cryptocurrency and the Bible. He dedicated his 15 minutes on stage to alleged prophecies about Trump.

“Touch not my anointed,” he said. “It is written in the Bible.”

Linda Hoy, 62, of Henderson, Nev., said she wanted to “just spend a couple of days with like-minded, patriotic, God-fearing, Jesus Christ-loving people and to hear from the speakers about our health and actions that we can take to save our country from communism.”

Maria Zeee, a self-described independent journalist from Australia, said that weather modification technology was being used to take over America, and that a cabal of world leaders would make it impossible to access money or to travel without being inoculated.

“That is the plan unless we stop these Luciferian maniacs,” Zeee said. “These people want you under their control or dead. You must understand this.”

Participants gasped and whispered to one another as they heard a recording of late South African preacher Kim Clement that presenters said prophesied Trump’s presidency before he was elected in 2016.

“There is a man by the name of Donald,” Clement said. “God said, ‘You have been determined through your prayers to influence this nation. … I will open that door that you prayed about, and when it comes time for the election you will be elected.’”

Clement’s daughter, Donné Clement Petruska, called the audience “warriors of a new millennium.”

“You are those people he saw — the remnant that God would use to wake up and save this country,” Petruska said of her father. “And so it’s not just Donald Trump. Donald Trump is at the head taking the hits, but we are behind him.”

The night before most attendees arrived, at least 100 gathered at the tent for a Pastors for Trump meeting. The ReAwaken America Tour offers discount tickets for pastors.

“Right now in this free country, the ungodly are attacking President Trump for trying to protect us,” said John Bennett, a former chair of the Oklahoma Republican Party and former congressional candidate.

Oklahoma pastor Jackson Lahmeyer, who helped create Pastors for Trump, said the group has organized more than 10,000 pastors across the United States ahead of the 2024 election to mobilize evangelicals.
    "I think we've all seen enough."

This is the halfway point.

"Please, no more."

Now here's where the mod support comes in.

Flarelaine: this appears to be Team Trump directly endorsing an event which routinely, by some of them directly, are calling Trump a holy figure.

Trump is due to speak tomorrow, you said you stop by once or twice a day. If he speaks to this conference, he directly endorses this as well.

As a poster, and also as a mod: your thoughts?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2023-10-13 at 02:11 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    https://themessenger.com/politics/al...-trump-experts

"No, this obvious payoff to keep silent is absolutely not an obvious payoff to keep silent in any way, shape, or form. I just have an incredibly bad memory that my boss wanted to reward me for upon my departure. Have you heard my testimony? I can't remember shit. I can't even remember the last time I took a shit."
    Why is this guy serving prison time but Trump isn't? Oh yeah, it's because we have a two tiered Justice system, but unlike what Trumpers tell you, it's in favor of people like Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump NDAs Scrapped: Hundreds Of 2016 Campaign Staffers Can Now Publicly Criticize Him As Court Finalizes Settlement

Staffers on former President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign are now totally free from non-disclosure agreements they signed barring them from taking legal action or publicly disparaging Trump, as a federal judge formalized a settlement agreement Wednesday over a lawsuit claiming the agreements were overly restrictive.

The settlement voids non-disclosure and non-disparagement agreements included in employment contracts for Trump 2016 staffers, barring the Trump campaign and any third parties from taking any action to enforce the agreements.

The settlement—which also involved the Trump campaign paying $450,000 to resolve the claims—was initially reached in January and preliminarily approved in June, but Wednesday’s order finalizes the agreement, and gives ex-staffers more legal protections after the campaign informed them last year they were no longer bound by the agreements.
    Remember everything we said in 2016/2017 about how the NDAs were unenforceable? Turns out, we were right. Can't wait for the next fifty books by the next fifty Only Sane Person In The White House.

Although...this could also resolve any few remaining pesky "can they testify?" lingering issues. Yes, they can.

this appears to be Team Trump directly endorsing an event which routinely, by some of them directly, are calling Trump a holy figure.
    I'm agnostic, but I know a thing or two, and it's actually worse than is suggested in your post. "Christ" is a title that directly means "annointed one", and specifically applies to Jesus. They are calling Trump the second coming.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_(title)

Quote Originally Posted by Shkar View Post
    I'm agnostic, but I know a thing or two, and it's actually worse than is suggested in your post. "Christ" is a title that directly means "annointed one", and specifically applies to Jesus. They are calling Trump the second coming.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_(title)
    I've shared this before, but it will never not be relevant:

At the very least, if they had read the manual, they would know it was blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The only people I know that still have land lines are Boomers.
    Only reason I have one is that I have to drive a few miles to get cell service.