Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...DCqHhUP3g&s=19

I don't think this is a big deal. I get the whole smear of Willis in this appointment.

Now the news just yesterday that 6 counts were dropped, with judge saying basically the prosecution did not do a good job presenting these charges.

Some were saying that Wade did not do the due diligence. Speculation but if true maybe a new person might be more competent.

Edit: Fanni Willis can remain on the case if Wade resigns.
    IMO this seems to be the right outcome. The issue was Willis hired her qualified side piece, not that there was anything materially or procedurally wrong with the case her office was bringing. Seemed like a desperate, longshot play by the defense, especially as their star witness buckled on the stand and suddenly all the bold proclamations became office gossip he couldn't recall specifics about.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...DCqHhUP3g&s=19

I don't think this is a big deal. I get the whole smear of Willis in this appointment.

Now the news just yesterday that 6 counts were dropped, with judge saying basically the prosecution did not do a good job presenting these charges.

Some were saying that Wade did not do the due diligence. Speculation but if true maybe a new person might be more competent.

Edit: Fanni Willis can remain on the case if Wade resigns.
    I suspect Wade will resign from the case, the risk of a Trump friendly judge is too high. Problem though, Willis will be seen as(justifiably so, and I think she has every right to be) biased to a greater degree against Trump. Frankly, I hope she takes the harshest, most strict approach against him and legally murders him.

This is exactly the kind of mafia-like behaviour that is so dangerous. A person under criminal investigation forcing officers of the law out to make the case more favorable tl them, for whatever reason they can make up.

I hope Willis stays in and absolutely destroys him.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    IMO this seems to be the right outcome. The issue was Willis hired her qualified side piece, not that there was anything materially or procedurally wrong with the case her office was bringing.
    And even that wasn't really an issue; as I recall, she hired him before they started hooking up.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2024-03-15 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a big deal.
    The cultists are raging. They're insane.

Oh, they're also not happy with this ruling. Simply put, their hypocrisy was on full display when Trump -- who appointed Kushner to multiple WH things and cheated on every wife he's ever had -- said that Willis did prosecutorial misconduct. Yes, there can be issues with dating in the workplace, but just because one teacher is fucking another teacher doesn't mean their students who got F grades should be allowed to pass. It was pure partisan blinders that led them to believe that, somehow, Trump would get to walk for his crimes just because two of the lawyers dated while prosecuting him for his crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Willis will be seen as(justifiably so, and I think she has every right to be) biased to a greater degree against Trump
    Indeed, she should be biased against him, he's a criminal. Also, it doesn't matter how biased or impartial she is, it matters what she can prove in court. Unless she breaks the law, her zeal will only means she's trying harder to get a violent criminal off the streets. Shouldn't every prosecutor have that zeal?

The FBI's raid of Mar-a-Lago drew fierce reaction from Trump.

But it also roiled some of the bureau's rank and file, FOIA records show, with one employee calling the agency a "Banana Republic"
    Bluesky post so Link: https://bsky.app/profile/bloomberg.c.../3knqs6najtd2i

Bloomberg link: https://bsky.app/profile/bloomberg.c.../3knqs6najtd2i

“Did this really just happen? Am I dreaming? The FBI served a Search Warrant on a former president?” wrote an incredulous bureau employee in an email that was sent to the FBI’s acting ombudsman, Chauncenette Morey, shortly after the Mar-a-Lago search. “If he took documents, give him a call and ask for them back. Like ... Seriously? My own agency .... A bunch of democrat political hacks up top…I've lost just about all faith in our leadership.”
    Another FBI employee was even harsher, characterizing the bureau as a “Banana Republic” and an “embarrassment,” and demanding answers to a series of questions.

Umm, yeah these two sound like some partisan hacks. First quote the idiot didn't get the memo where they asked politely for the documents back and Trump refused to give them back. The second an agent calling the bureau "Banana Republic" is quite some irony in that if a President was immune from investigation then this would be a pseudo Banana Republic using his words.

Big picture this story doesn't go nowhere, but funny to see FBI agents cry about not investigating a President and by these two and others replies seem to have more of a problem it was Trump.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Big picture this story doesn't go nowhere, but funny to see FBI agents cry about not investigating a President and by these two and others replies seem to have more of a problem it was Trump.
    gosh all the right wing stories of how the FBI are all secret leftist seem like a buncha cope, rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    gosh all the right wing stories of how the FBI are all secret leftist seem like a buncha cope, rofl
    It is kind of hilarious given that there has never been a liberal in charge of it since it's inception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump continues to gut the RNC and make it part of his political campaign. In particular, they are shifting all their focus to states Trump needs to win to stay out of jail -- likely removing money from other state candidates and shifting the House/Senate as a direct result.

A Trump spokesperson called this "removing waste". Good to know they're saying the silent part out loud when they're calling their own voters shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump continues to gut the RNC and make it part of his political campaign. In particular, they are shifting all their focus to states Trump needs to win to stay out of jail -- likely removing money from other state candidates and shifting the House/Senate as a direct result.

A Trump spokesperson called this "removing waste". Good to know they're saying the silent part out loud when they're calling their own voters shit.
    Swamp Drain...initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Navarro has begged the court to remain out of jail while his appeal is pending.

His motion was rejected.

The three-judge D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously ruled Thursday that Navarro was unlikely to win his appeal.

Navarro “has not shown that his appeal presents substantial questions of law or fact likely to result in reversal, a new trial, a sentence that does not include a term of imprisonment, or a reduced sentence of imprisonment that is less than the amount of time already served plus the expected duration of the appeal process,” Judges Patricia Millett, Cornelia Pillard, and Robert Wilkins ruled.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...source=twitter

Peter Navarro, the Donald Trump adviser sentenced to incarceration following his conviction for defying a congressional subpoena, has asked the Supreme Court to intervene after a federal appeals court rejected his bid to put the four-month prison sentence on hold.

In an emergency application filed with the Supreme Court late Friday, Navarro's lawyers say his case marks "the first time in our nation’s history" that "a senior presidential advisor has been convicted of contempt of Congress after asserting executive privilege over a congressional subpoena." The subpoena was issued by the House Jan. 6 committee in February 2022.

A three-judge panel said this week that Navarro had “not shown that his appeal presents substantial questions of law or fact likely to result in reversal, a new trial, a sentence that does not include a term of imprisonment or a reduced sentence of imprisonment that is less than the amount of time already served plus the expected duration of the appeal process.”

Navarro has been ordered to report to a Bureau of Prisons facility in Miami before 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday.
    Peter is not begging the SCOTUS to keep him out of jail.

And he's right, this is the first time a senior presidential advisor has been convicted of contempt of Congress after asserting executive privilege. Because simply declaring "I EXERT EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE" isn't how you do it, and he was really mislead by that episode of the American version of The Office.

I like Trumps "New" campaign advert. Its pretty impressive, & biblical looking with Trump as the Messiah.

Last edited by Hugo88; 2024-03-16 at 12:36 AM.

wait the internet broke? yo I don't see Kim K.'s ass anywhere so I'm not sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo88 View Post
    I like Trumps "New" campaign advert. Its pretty impressive, & biblical looking with Trump as the Messiah.

*Something something deciever, something something anti-christ, something*
    Like, seriously. This is getting kind of absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    *Something something deciever, something something anti-christ, something*
    Like, seriously. This is getting kind of absurd
    We passed absurd back in 2016.

Equally absurd is that someone with a Nazi handle isn't already perma'd.

I miss when the worst imaginable president happened back in DC Comics when Lex Luthor became POTUS. God, who knew even Luthor would be a better president?

I can't believe they managed to actually put some black people there for couple of seconds amongst all that Nazi imagery.

10+ Year Old Account

This AI powered fake movie commercial has to be parody right? Like, how could anyone make this with a straight face?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

rofl... Be afraid!!!

Most of that terrible AI shit was just cringe, but I enjoyed that particular image.

Also, it's "ad" not "add" when talking about an advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    rofl... Be afraid!!!

Most of that terrible AI shit was just cringe, but I enjoyed that particular image.

Also, it's "ad" not "add" when talking about an advertisement.
    That picture of Karl Marx on the wall... *Chef's kiss*