Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'd love to know if he is just so stupid or of he is this shameless.
    He's a rich kid born with a silver spoon up his ass. Rules apply to other, not to him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He's a rich kid born with a silver spoon up his ass. Rules apply to other, not to him.
    That sounds familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As with any fascists; their view of law boils down to systems that protect the in-group but do not bind it, and bind the out-groups but do not protect them. There is no universality of principles to be had. They don't believe in anything, not concretely. It's all about hurting the "enemy" while protecting themselves.
    Yep, there it is. Also worth noting: "hurt others to help yourself" is the main focus of a Zero Sum Game, something Trump has openly published is his M.O. decades before he ran for office. It's not like we didn't know he was a hypocrite, but the fascist part is coming into focus now, isn't it?

Also for most of this life he's always gotten away Scott free no consequences.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Take away all his golf courses and he'll lose his shit. I guarantee he'll have a meltdown. It may be the one thing he actually does for pleasure and relaxation. He'd have to start paying to go to other golf clubs? Like some PEASANT?! Unbelievable!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Kim had the worst 55th birthday party ever. Whats happening here? <funny replies plz>

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    He'd have to start paying to go to other golf clubs?
    Now now, we all know Trump has a history of shelling out cash in exchange for fore play.

Also:

Fox News Fact-Checks Donald Trump Bond Claim

*ding*

"A bond of the size set by the Democrat Club-controlled Judge, in Corrupt, Racist Letitia James' unlawful Witch Hunt, is unConstitutional, un-American, unprecedented, and practically impossible for ANY Company, including one as successful as mine," Trump wrote in a post last Monday.

During an interview with former federal prosecutor Alex Little on Fox News Live on Sunday, Shawn said: "We've also heard there's a lot of talk about this is unprecedented amount of money. This has never happened before. But that's actually not true. This is from Letitia James, the attorney general's own court papers I'm gonna show it to you right now."

A graphic then appeared on the screen listing multiple court cases with bonds at or over $1 billion, including Sony Music Entertainment v. Cox Communications at $1.2 billion, Apple v. Samsung Electronics at $1 billion, Oracle USA v. SAP AG at $1.3 billion, and Carnegie Mellon University v. Marvell Technology Group at $1.5 billion.
    Fact-checking Trump with James, on FOX News, is brutal. But of course, they have eight hundred million reasons to tell the truth, don't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    How is it that Fox News can fact-check Trump live (though this is probably the first time they HAVE), but CNN and other places can't...? What the hell does that say about our news media organizations??

How is it that Fox News can fact-check Trump live (though this is probably the first time they HAVE), but CNN and other places can't...? What the hell does that say about our news media organizations??
    Fox has already experienced their balls being caught in a vice. The others, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it that Fox News can fact-check Trump live (though this is probably the first time they HAVE), but CNN and other places can't...?
    CNN doesn't need to. Nobody watching CNN believes Trump is telling the truth. While Trump is talking they take coffee breaks and laugh.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bond-poste...y?id=108402922

A New York appellate court has ruled that former President Donald Trump can post a lower bond to cover his $464 million civil fraud judgment.

The Appellate Division, First Department said Trump can post a bond "in the amount of $175 million" to cover the judgment.

Trump's attorneys had argued obtaining a bond for the full amount of $464 million was a "practical impossibility."

The panel of five judges also opted to delay enforcement of the $464 million judgment by 10 days.
    I swear, there is nobody who has had more bullshit chances and gotten away with more than fucking Donald and I fucking hate how the deck is stacked for wealthy or notable people so fucking much. Our legal system is such a fucking joke.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ppeals-ny-fine

The US is so broken. If anyone ever again comes with some freedom or law&order bs, I will just laugh in their face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Son of a fucking bitch, what the hell is wrong with them? The attorneys were lying! We know they were lying! Slap him with the full judgement! And a ten day delay too? Are they incompetent? Now he can drag out the appeal process and has more funds floating around for his shady business dealings and his campaign.

And the US once again proves it has a tiered justice system where the rich get to fuck around and not find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the US once again proves it has a tiered justice system where the rich get to fuck around and not find out.
    Oh, they do find out. They find out that most things are not illegal, but merely have a pice tag. As long as you can afford that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I swear, there is nobody who has had more bullshit chances and gotten away with more than fucking Donald and I fucking hate how the deck is stacked for wealthy or notable people so fucking much. Our legal system is such a fucking joke.
    The weird part to me is that even in stacked systems, people in power have a limited ability to fuck about. Greater than you and I of course, but only to the point where they start calling the System into question. At that point the System is typically forced to respond to maintain legitimacy, because functionally its desire is just to feign justice as lazily as possible.

But Donald is a GREAT target! He has a terrible reputation, he is horrid to listen to, his holdings are ass, his contribution to society is shit, his attitude is shit, and his associates are shit.

Donald is a GREAT target for even a corrupt system to use as "proof" that everyone is "equal".

The fact that they keep passing up this golden opportunity to not only actually enforce the law but also buy a whole lot of good will is just fucking sad.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

HAHAHAHAHA you are such a disgusting banana republic U.S.

In 10 days, when he doesn't pay, the amount gets reduced AGAIN and he gets more extra time to "pay" it. 110% this is going to happen.
    Mark my words... this conman swine will never face any real consequences while he's alive.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2024-03-25 at 05:35 PM.

I'm just going to look on the bright side and assume that since he won't put up the full judgement it will keep accruing interest and by the time the appeal fails, and it will fail because he is objectively guilty by his and his associates own admission, he will own even more money that he can't really afford.

I'm just going to look on the bright side and assume that since he won't put up the full judgement it will keep accruing interest and by the time the appeal fails, and it will fail because he is objectively guilty by his and his associates own admission, he will own even more money that he can't really afford.
    Assuming he can't delay this "forever" or until he becomes president again. The odds are on his side when we look at the track record of this totally broken justice system.

He still doesn't have the money. Hopefully no other company puts it up for him without collaterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our legal system is such a fucking joke.
    This should only happen if the appellate court also believed the damages should be lower. From the looks of things, they did not say that. Only a benefit to Trump for no explained reason.

Kise immediately said

The First Department no doubt recognized the rule of law must triumph over the political agenda of the Attorney General
    in the exact opposite of that context -- the rule of law did not triumph, Trump was allowed to break the rules and make new ones that only apply to him.