Was this an actual thing? Did he really say that?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean its going to be followed by beyond stupid days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    A combination off House of Cards and Idiocracy but without the smart guy.
    It’s Veep... it already exists...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Was this an actual thing? Did he really say that?
    Comes from just before he praised North Korea.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1046194339301527552
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That is what equality looks like.

Welcome to the new world.
    Seriously? This is what you call equality? This is called shitgibbon behavior, not equality. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s Veep... it already exists...

Yep, that sums it up pretty well. Just need more fucked up shit happening with them trying to screw the people of the nation for the rich. But that could just not have made it into the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Comes from just before he praised North Korea.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1046194339301527552
    I hate this fucking planet.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...ied-or-n915611

So for some reason the Trump State Department is reversing course on a policy that had previously granted same-sex partners of UN staff G-4 visas (visa for a spouse). It had previously, under Hillary, extended the visas to partners as same-sex marriage is illegal in many countries and same sex spouses would be unable to get one as they aren't allowed to legally marry, but the policy has been ended in the name of "fairness".

A State Department spokesperson said in a statement that the change is “to help ensure and promote equal treatment” between straight and gay couples. Straight couples must be married to obtain a G-4 visa.
    Were same sex marriage legal as broadly as straight marriages were this wouldn't be a problem. But it's not, so this policy seems designed to discriminate against LGBT UN staff not from countries where they can legally marry, and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...ied-or-n915611

So for some reason the Trump State Department is reversing course on a policy that had previously granted same-sex partners of UN staff G-4 visas (visa for a spouse). It had previously, under Hillary, extended the visas to partners as same-sex marriage is illegal in many countries and same sex spouses would be unable to get one as they aren't allowed to legally marry, but the policy has been ended in the name of "fairness".

Were same sex marriage legal as broadly as straight marriages were this wouldn't be a problem. But it's not, so this policy seems designed to discriminate against LGBT UN staff not from countries where they can legally marry, and nothing more.
    That will get sued for, and that will lose. Especially since same sex marriage is legal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That will get sued for, and that will lose. Especially since same sex marriage is legal now.
    No, this is for foreign UN staff members. Lawsuits won't do squat, the requirements of the visa are for a married couple and given that gay marriage is still illegal in many, many countries and the US can't change that, there's nothing to do short of changing the rules for visa eligibility. Something that the Clinton State Department did, and the Pompeo State Department is now reversing. I don't believe US courts have any authority in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    As weird as it sounds, that might actually be exactly what is going on. There are people with exactly that sort of attitude in the military. It isn't just liberals they troll though, they like trolling everybody. Now I am not defending this, and if it had happened in my unit they would have all faced an Article 15, but I have seen that attitude plenty in the military. I haven't really seen much actual racism though, there is just so much diversity there you couldn't function if you were extreme about it.
    It's true that those kinds of people exist, but frankly the distinction between them and actual Nazis is pretty academic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    No, this is for foreign UN staff members. Lawsuits won't do squat, the requirements of the visa are for a married couple and given that gay marriage is still illegal in many, many countries and the US can't change that, there's nothing to do short of changing the rules for visa eligibility. Something that the Clinton State Department did, and the Pompeo State Department is now reversing. I don't believe US courts have any authority in the matter.
    Pretty much. This is pretty much pure pettiness for its own sake. This TV Tropes entry covers the Trump administration pretty well. There is no advantage to be gained here, just cause some pain to gay people because we can. Nobody is going to stop it either, like you pointed out, nobody really can.

Here is a great article in Forbes Magazine about how trump is trying to profit off his Presidency but is failing. I was going to make a thread but then became lazy so I'll post the link and people should read.

How Trump Is Trying—And Failing—To Get Rich Off His Presidency

If you choose not read it this is the last paragraph of the article, which again shows how inept and a failure trump is at business:

For now, though, Trump’s presidency remains a net loser for him, which seems ironic. In not divesting, he set himself up so that his actions, and those of people who engage with his businesses, present perpetual conflicts of interest—or the appearance of them. Meanwhile, if he’d liquidated, paid capital gains tax on his entire fortune and created a blind trust to invest it all in the booming stock market, Trump would be $500 million richer than he is today—without the headaches.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...002-story.html

Oh hey, Trump and his son Eric worked together with Cohen to try to keep Stormy Daniels quiet. How utterly unsurprising.

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a lighter note, Trump's EPA declares "A little radiation is good for you!"

That's good news. I was feeling a little guilty about spreading radiation on my asbestos toast in the morning.

And now, there is news that they got their hands on some of the Trump families tax returns from the 1990s and shows outright fraud on much of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...red-trump.html
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...194116386.html

Full disclosure, I have not fully read the links yet but still seems pretty pertinent to the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar from accounting View Post
    On a lighter note, Trump's EPA declares "A little radiation is good for you!"
    The shit people come up with to earn even more money. FML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for some reason the Trump State Department is reversing course on a policy
    Apparently Hillary Clinton was its chief architect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Apparently Hillary Clinton was its chief architect.
    Wow, screwing over gays AND Hillary - it’s a twofer!