10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Such strong, bold, confident leadership.
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the FBI
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the CIA
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the NSA
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the DNI
    "Let's wait and see how it plays out." -- Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the FBI
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the CIA
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the NSA
    "Russia is a threat to the 2020 election." -- the DNI
    "Let's wait and see how it plays out." -- Unindicted Co-Conspirator
    I'd like to think Trumps takes the Bill O'Reilly approach to everything -

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that story about Kushner failing to get his security clearance multiple times? Well, funny story: the person who approved the security clearance anyhow (Kline) just suspended one of his aides (Newborn) for two weeks without pay -- for releasing this info.

It is clearly retribution for whistleblowing. Because the "most transparent administration ever" is now punishing people for pointing out all the stuff the admin did.

- - - Updated - - -

Such strong, bold, confident leadership.
    This CNN aritcle lays out the cons and other cons of refuting your own intelligence agencies. Spoiler alert: the GOP isn't a fan.

Can't wait for McConnell to make it official.

Remember that story about Kushner failing to get his security clearance multiple times? Well, funny story: the person who approved the security clearance anyhow (Kline) just suspended one of his aides (Newborn) for two weeks without pay -- for releasing this info.

It is clearly retribution for whistleblowing. Because the "most transparent administration ever" is now punishing people for pointing out all the stuff the admin did.
    I was about to post this story.

Apparently in the Trump White House, snitches get suspensions.

52% of Republicans say, even if Russia did interfere in the 2016 election, it did no damage to American democracy

(via @MonmouthPoll)
    https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/statu...325826560?s=19

Party over country.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

"We have stopped the previous Caravans"

The ones that walked up to the legal ports of entry? That's not so much "stopping" as...um...normal...behavior.
    But they're ILLEGAL for doing it the legal way?

I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

I'm confused...
    It makes perfect sense when your real goal is keeping any brown people out of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

I'm confused...
    White illegals are fine, just ask any Trumpkin on the forum.

"Illegals" is as much of a codeword for them as ((())).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    White illegals are fine, just ask any Trumpkin on the forum.

"Illegals" is as much of a codeword for them as ((())).
    Trump's wife was an illegal. So were his parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump's wife was an illegal. So were his parents.
    But they were white.

Thus proving my point that they're fine with certain illegals.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...gation-n964836

Remember those worker protections that were quietly rolled back during the shutdown? No? Well, the Labor Department's IG didn't.

The federal watchdog for the Department of Labor is conducting a broad investigation into the Trump administration's process for making regulatory changes, following allegations that officials are undoing worker protections without following the proper procedures, according to a letter obtained by NBC News.

The investigation will include the Labor Department’s effort to undo a child labor regulation affecting teenagers who work in hospitals and nursing homes, according to the Jan. 25 letter by the department's inspector general, Scott Dahl.

Dahl sent the letter in response to congressional Democrats who had asked him to audit the administration’s move, and who provided NBC News with the letter.

Dahl wrote that his office would be incorporating its investigation of the child-labor rollback into “a broader review of the rule-making process at DOL."

“The objective of this review is to determine how well DOL manages the issuance of regulations,” Dahl said in the letter, which also cited the independent watchdog’s efforts to examine “the integrity of the rule-making process” in the department’s worker health and safety division.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dahl wrote that his office would be incorporating its investigation of the child-labor rollback into “a broader review of the rule-making process at DOL."
    And who better than Dahl? He has burst fire when zoomed in.

On topic: calls for Kushner to lose his clearance start to surface, McConnell makes good on slapping Trump across the face, and a majority of Americans oppose the transgender ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I prefer to believe that, because he's capitalized "Caravans", what he's actually referring to are these;
    Every time I hear the word caravan, I hear the trumpet...

Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-02-01 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Infracted for spam
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Shithead in Chief Tweeted about how awesome it is that the DOW is past the 25,000 milestone.
    He made the same Tweet one year ago when the DOW went past the exact same milestone. So in other words he's completely oblivious that in the past year NOTHING he has done has improved the economy as far as the stock market is concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is a response to his entire intelligence community saying "No, despite what Trump said, ISIS is not destroyed." Trump is going with "yeah but...I was gonna!"
    Trump changes tactics. Now he's going with "I met with all of them behind closed doors and they all said I was right and the Fake News Media misquoted them or lied or made stuff up and I was right and the best bestiest best please don't ask them"

Naturally, the press immediately called the DNI and others, all of whom refused to comment.

I'll point out that it would be very difficult to misquote someone speaking on record before the House or Senate. There are transcripts of such things. I mean, look at this:

While ISIS is nearing territorial defeat in Iraq and Syria, the group has returned to its guerrilla warfare roots while continuing to plot attacks and direct its supporters worldwide. ISIS is intent on resurging and still commands thousands of fighters in Iraq and Syria,
    How, exactly, could that possibly be out of context? At best, you could accuse everyone of making the same lie, but again, transcripts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Every time I hear the word caravan, I hear the trumpet...

--snip--
    Same, except it's Stephen Colbert:

Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-02-01 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Infracted for spam
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Axios has a nice list of all the times Trump's intelligence agencies have contradicted him. It's too lengthy to quote the whole thing, but, this last time they just did it under oath and that means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Same, except it's Stephen Colbert:

We're coming across Trump
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-02-01 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Infracted for spam

UPDATE: Axios has a nice list of all the times Trump's intelligence agencies have contradicted him. It's too lengthy to quote the whole thing, but, this last time they just did it under oath and that means something.
    They are nice enough to put it down in black and white this time.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...ntacts%20Email

10+ Year Old Account
    Foxconn is evidently reconsidering its plans for the factory they said they were going to build in Wisconsin after Scott Walker and the state GOP threw tons of money at them, scaling back their plans yet again.

Bonus points: Trump tried to take credit for the deal when Foxconn made its announcement and bragged it would be the eighth wonder of the world. Wonder if he still wants to take responsibility since Wisconsin is expected to take decades, if ever, to recoup its 'investment' into the factory.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers