Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Problem is many Americans intentionally keep their heads in the sand and try to stay oblivious to shit until it finally hits the fan. Then they want to scream "oh no how could this ever happen?"
    More like it's all the Democrats fault...or Obama...or some shit that agrees with the own inner narrative.
    After all, that orange buffoon in the WH still blames Obama for Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    And yet life is still fine in the US and chugs right along.
    for now, when the corruption reaches its tipping point, it all will crumble, sure giving out bogus contracts using relief funds to your buddies won't burn the republic down over night, but allowing China to dramatically increase its trading power and other soft powers unchecked will have drastic long term effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Problem is many Americans intentionally keep their heads in the sand and try to stay oblivious to shit until it finally hits the fan. Then they want to scream "oh no how could this ever happen?"
    How could what happen?

Economy is fine, we haven't been attacked by Islamic terrorists in a long time, no war, etc. Sure some of this will ebb and flow with time, but it hasn't been the cataclysmic event everyone predicted.

Maybe a lot of you were just wrong? Heck, maybe I was wrong. Nothing bad with a little introspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    for now, when the corruption reaches its tipping point, it all will crumble, sure giving out bogus contracts using relief funds to your buddies won't burn the republic down over night, but allowing China to dramatically increase its trading power and other soft powers unchecked will have drastic long term effects.
    Yes, I'm sure that's going to happen right along all those hidden daggers in the Mueller report, right? Geez, let it go, they won, big time.

How could what happen?

Economy is fine, we haven't been attacked by Islamic terrorists in a long time, no war, etc. Sure some of this will ebb and flow with time, but it hasn't been the cataclysmic event everyone predicted.

Maybe a lot of you were just wrong? Heck, maybe I was wrong. Nothing bad with a little introspection.
    again no really truly expected teh world implode over night, but he's actions will have drastic ripple effects that has crippled america going into the future, on numerous subjects from geo political, environment, even economical (as the only people who are doing fine are the 1#), just like gutting regulations on wall street took a decade to man-fester into the 08 crash.

- - - Updated - - -

es, I'm sure that's going to happen right along all those hidden daggers in the Mueller report, right? Geez, let it go, they won, big time.
    Y
    So your stance is head in sand? got it.

side note interesting watch
    http://www.c-span.org/video/?c478830...p-calls-resign
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2019-03-29 at 12:00 AM.

https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/in...er-act-of-2019

Republican Senator Mike Lee is proposing legislation that appears like it would functionally cripple much of the US maritime industry by repealing the Jones Act. Mind you, I don't actually oppose this on principle (except that ships should be registered in the US if they want to take cargo between US ports), but it sure as hell conflicts with the Trump/Republican "AMERICA FIRST" message.

I wonder if Trump will have anything to say about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.lee.senate.gov/public/in...er-act-of-2019

Republican Senator Mike Lee is proposing legislation that appears like it would functionally cripple much of the US maritime industry by repealing the Jones Act. Mind you, I don't actually oppose this on principle (except that ships should be registered in the US if they want to take cargo between US ports), but it sure as hell conflicts with the Trump/Republican "AMERICA FIRST" message.

I wonder if Trump will have anything to say about this.
    This would definitely be beneficial to PR.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't wrong.

He had a good point: the Dems are focused on beating Trump, not policy. This will backfire on them, ultimately as voters get tired of the same "hey, vote for us, we're not Trump" rhetoric.
    I keep seeing people say this and yet the Democrats holding rallies are talking about policy, not about Trump. I realize many Republicans confuse "CNN" with "Democrats" though, as many would quote Hillary as saying something that was actually CNN in 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Don't worry, when it all collapses under a Democrat president, the Republicans will be sure to milk "DEMOCRAT MAN BAD" for all it's worth.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Emphasis mine. Literally sounds like he laments not making money on drug trafficking.
    I hope he tries to close the border. I really do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Emphasis mine. Literally sounds like he laments not making money on drug trafficking.
    I really love his random capitalizations in his postings. But yeah, you are right...he sounds like he is upset he isn't making money off it

10+ Year Old Account
    Money is his second most favorite thing.

Himself being the first.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The fact that this moron has gotten 2 terms is insane to me. I guess the one benefit of this administration is that I'm becoming more aware of the people who have no business being in Congress.
    Considering that Illinois had a Nazi on the ticket and we all remember grand pedophile Roy Moore who barely lost Alabama is it surprising that guys like Mike Lee make their home as Republican politicians?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not really what I was saying, but OK.
    You said you were surprised that he had two terms. It's no different than people who voted Moore or let that guy in Illinois on the ticket and voted for him. These are the faces that Republican voters are putting forth as their representatives. It's exactly what you were saying....I may have jumbled a few words in my initial post however.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I hope he tries to close the border. I really do.
    How do you close the US/Mexico border?

Close all the ports of entry? Imagine the economic damage. Thousands of US manufacturing plants will have to idle because they can’t get spare parts. Dairy and agricultural products on both sides of the border will have to be stored. Unemployed truckers, warehouse workers, etc. Per Texas Business Roundtable, almost 1M jobs in Texas is supported by trade with Mexico.

What about the remote Anza-Borrego Desert and Otay Mountain Range. At least if he is going to station military troops out there, it is pretty right now with all the flowers blooming.

Trump sounds like he's trying to shift blame for the deficit he blew up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    How do you close the US/Mexico border?

Close all the ports of entry? Imagine the economic damage. Thousands of US manufacturing plants will have to idle because they can’t get spare parts. Dairy and agricultural products on both sides of the border will have to be stored. Unemployed truckers, warehouse workers, etc. Per Texas Business Roundtable, almost 1M jobs in Texas is supported by trade with Mexico.

What about the remote Anza-Borrego Desert and Otay Mountain Range. At least if he is going to station military troops out there, it is pretty right now with all the flowers blooming.
    Probably like Nakatomi Plaza, you can only shut it down from downtown, and only by shutting down the entirety of grid 228.

The economy is slowing down this year and trump wants to close the border which is gonna hurt the economy. What a fucking idiot just take a win jesus fucking christ.

He is also planning to repeal Obamacare when healthcare is more important than the economy that he is planning to slow down wih tariffs. I just don't have words all he had to do was hide the mueller report and not do anything retard for a year and he fucked it up. Why? Would anyone do this.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-03-29 at 06:51 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    The economy is slowing down this year and trump wants to close the border which is gonna hurt the economy. What a fucking idiot just take a win jesus fucking christ.
    The irony is that the combination of the border closing, a market correction, and the potential death of the ACA might very well necessitate something like the Green New Deal to repair the damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    He is also planning to repeal Obamacare when healthcare is more important than the economy he is planning to slow down. I just don't have words all he had to do hide the mueller report and do anything retard for a year and he fucked it up. Why? Would anyone do this.
    I mean, he thinks he's going to get some big win if he is able to repeal the ACA...apparently totally oblivious to how popular it is, the economic damage it would cause, or the total chaos it would throw the health insurance and health care industries into.

All because he wants to keep a "promise" at any cost. Not because it's good for America. Not because he has an actual plan. Not for any actual reason other than he said he would do it and now he wants to do it no matter what the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Imagine the economic damage.
    Which is exactly why I hope he does it. It'd be HI-LA-RI-OUS.

It's not so much about replacing the ACA, but what will they repla5it with? It could end up being better, only time will tell.