https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...st-terrorists/

So how goes it on the Iran front following the US labeling the Revolutionary Guard a "terrorist organization"?

Iran’s lawmakers on Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a bill labeling U.S. forces in the Middle East as terrorist, a day after the U.S. terrorism designation for Iran’s Revolutionary Guard formally took effect, state TV reported.

Defense Minister Gen. Amir Hatami introduced the bill authorizing the government to act firmly in response to “terrorist actions” by U.S. forces. It demands authorities use “legal, political and diplomatic” measures to neutralize the American move, without elaborating.
    Welp, they labeled the entire US military a terrorist organization. Seems to be going...well?

Well, at least the US has a bigger terrorist group than Iran. That has to count for something?

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Well, at least the US has a bigger terrorist group than Iran. That has to count for something?
    Another "BIGGEST EVER" notch for Trumps belt. He's racking up the notches, but not the kind he's hoping for.

At leat he can claim he is the best at being a bad president.

A pretty basic summary of where we stand imo.

Donald Trump = Divorced Dad
    (CNN)In an interview in London for her new memoir "Becoming," former First Lady Michelle Obama delivered a stinging assessment of the state of American politics and, specifically, of President Donald Trump. Said Obama:

"We come from a broken family, we are a little unsettled. Sometimes you spend the weekend with divorced dad. That feels like fun but then you get sick. That is what America is going through. We are living with divorced dad."
    Which brings me back to Michelle Obama's metaphor. So, to reset: America is the child of divorced parents. He has been living with the mom for years. He's sick of her rules and doesn't feel like he can have any fun. Enter the divorced dad who seems fun, a little bit reckless and, above all, different. So the kid goes to live with the dad. And it's different -- and maybe even good for the first few months. Dad lets you stay up late. He doesn't care how much "Fortnite" you play. Doesn't check to make sure your homework is done at night. But over time, the differences start to be less appealing. And when he's got the flu, maybe Dad checks on him once or twice but still winds up going out to dinner with some work friends.

Get it? There's NO question that the average American voter had grown totally sick of establishment politicians. Political dynasties left them cold. ("Another Clinton as president???") They wanted something very different. And if there was EVER a presidential candidate who offered something very different, it was Trump. His background was different. His manner of speaking was different. His, well, everything was different.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

"Former House Speaker Paul Ryan to teach about U.S. government, political polarization at Notre Dame" https://t.co/64clbXEiKW
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...793860102?s=19

Well he is an expert at it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://twitter.com/alexrab/status/1118243812726517760

I hate sharing this "now this" nonsense, but god-damn is this video perfect. Literally just taking all the comments that Fox hosts made about Obama, which are absolutely perfect criticisms of Trump.

If there's a better example of the concept of "projection", I'm not sure what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ls-republican/

Reminder: Trump isn't the "problem" with the Republican party. It's the Republican party that's the problem, Trump is just a symptom.
    Sulla will be glad to see Moore is back.

If representatives are supposed to be a.....representation of the public then what does that say about Republicans?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Sulla will be glad to see Moore is back.

If representatives are supposed to be a.....representation of the public then what does that say about Republicans?
    That they have no values or morals beyond 'winning' and 'pwning teh libs'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...-for-yemen-war

President Trump on Tuesday vetoed a measure calling for an end to U.S. support of the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen, rebuking Congress for a second time this year.

In a statement to the Senate released by the White House, Trump called the joint resolution "unnecessary" and argued it would negatively affect U.S. foreign policy.
    Trump is sure looking like he's sticking to his commitment to get the US out of foreign wars...or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post

cant really say i approve of this, most divorced dads are just trying to do the best they can, comparing them to the human equivalent of gonorrhea is rather cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    cant really say i approve of this, most divorced dads are just trying to do the best they can, comparing them to the human equivalent of gonorrhea is rather cruel
    Pretty much, if Trump is the Divorced dad, then he is Lucifer from Super Natural at best and more in line with Jenny's dad on Forest Gump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If you're a conservative that is Truly Anti-War I don't see how you can still Support Trump after this. Either that or your partisanship outweighs your politics.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/17/trum...-in-yemen.html
    It’s Saudi Arabia bombing them... what do you expect? Do you even know how many of Trump’s condos they bought?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 quoting Jake Tapper View Post
    "Former House Speaker Paul Ryan to teach about U.S. government, political polarization at Notre Dame"
    Sorry, the one that was on fire and part of our lives, or a private institution in the United States? Man, I can't keep this shit clear after my trip to all three Mexican countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump makes an unfounded claim that his supporters were kept out of Bernie Sanders rallies, because

Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters.
    1) Duh.
    2) No really.
    3) Trump is in a Tiffany crystal house and firing stones from a minigun when accusing someone else of blocking people from rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump is in a Tiffany crystal house and firing stones from a minigun when accusing someone else of blocking people from rallies.
    I realized something with my dad, who is about Trump’s age... driving me around NYC. I think at some point, people confused projecting and the concept of being able to put your self in someone else’s shoes. One of those is actually a difficult thing that requires a lot of empathy and the other narcissism. I think this is why Trump behaves the way he does. He believes his ability to project, makes him as intelligent as those who he is projecting unto.

Not a psychiatrist... but, the ego is winning!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If you're a conservative that is Truly Anti-War I don't see how you can still Support Trump after this. Either that or your partisanship outweighs your politics.
    I genuinely was not aware there were all that many anti-war conservatives

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    That they have no values or morals beyond 'winning' and 'pwning teh libs'.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again; Republicans do not have principles. And I mean that literally. There are no moral, ethical, or political principles which they feel are important. I'll pause at "legal principles", because most of them (emphasis on "most") draw the line at actually breaking the law, but that's more out of fear of penalty than respecting the law itself, on principle.

This is why, when a Republican violates supposed Republican ideals, like voting for an expensive war despite bleating about cutting spending, nobody on the right blinks an eye; it's expected that they'll do what the Party needs, not stand by principle. It's why candidates can violate even deeply held moral principles, like pedophilia or racism, and Republican voters just shrug and largely vote for the guy.

Among Democrats, if someone violates the principles that Democrats hold dear, he gets tarred and feathered and kicked the fuck out. See Anthony Weiner. He got a stay by admitting he screwed up, but then he did it again, and fuck that guy he's outta here. It'd be the same if some Democrat said some racist stuff; they'd be offered a chance to disavow and apologize, but without that, or if they did it again after, gone. Because those principles matter.

And you can see this underscored every time a right-winger laughs about the Left wing "eating itself" because someone did a bad thing. Of course we challenge and criticize those people. They violated these principles. And we actually believe in those things. That "the left is eating itself, lul" stuff just exemplifies the right-wing not even understanding what it means to have principles and stand by them. For the right wing, it's about power, and control. And it really does stop there; everything else is completely negotiable. They'll only believe in it until it's convenient for them not to any more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/17/trum...-in-yemen.html
    Mother fucker actually did this because of what he thinks it does to him, with that lame ass constitutional powers bit, rather than anything meaningful. We have a president vetoing something because it hurts his feelings. This is fucking ridiculous.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post

As a divorced dad, I take offense at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again; Republicans do not have principles. And I mean that literally. There are no moral, ethical, or political principles which they feel are important. I'll pause at "legal principles", because most of them (emphasis on "most") draw the line at actually breaking the law, but that's more out of fear of penalty than respecting the law itself, on principle.

This is why, when a Republican violates supposed Republican ideals, like voting for an expensive war despite bleating about cutting spending, nobody on the right blinks an eye; it's expected that they'll do what the Party needs, not stand by principle. It's why candidates can violate even deeply held moral principles, like pedophilia or racism, and Republican voters just shrug and largely vote for the guy.

Among Democrats, if someone violates the principles that Democrats hold dear, he gets tarred and feathered and kicked the fuck out. See Anthony Weiner. He got a stay by admitting he screwed up, but then he did it again, and fuck that guy he's outta here. It'd be the same if some Democrat said some racist stuff; they'd be offered a chance to disavow and apologize, but without that, or if they did it again after, gone. Because those principles matter.

And you can see this underscored every time a right-winger laughs about the Left wing "eating itself" because someone did a bad thing. Of course we challenge and criticize those people. They violated these principles. And we actually believe in those things. That "the left is eating itself, lul" stuff just exemplifies the right-wing not even understanding what it means to have principles and stand by them. For the right wing, it's about power, and control. And it really does stop there; everything else is completely negotiable. They'll only believe in it until it's convenient for them not to any more.
    Me vs. We.

The Republicans are the party of Me. They want rules and laws....but for others.

They don't support a saying that says, Don't Tread on....Us. Hell, even MAGA was never about making the country great for Americans, the supporters viewed it as make America great for me. They oppose anything that benefits people as a whole, single payer, stricter gun laws, free higher education, better safety regulations, lower pollution, LGBTQ rights......and they oppose those things with the same argument....'You're not taking MY guns/money....."
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown