Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    https://www.axios.com/kenneth-cuccin...3e0255755.html

Oh boy... more talking heads in positions of power.

And this one agrees with Steven Miller on immigration. How many kids are going to die in US custody before Trump is out of office?
    So far the number is up to five, so I expect it to be up to double digits within the next couple of months.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I'm sure I could do a bit of googling for the answer but does anyone know the number of acting department heads vs those who aren't vs the number of just empty slots?
    This guy gets it.

Donald Trump currently has:

- No Homeland Security Director

- No Secret Service Director

- No ICE Director

- No Secretary of Defense

- No Air Force Secretary

- No FEMA Director

- No Secretary of the Interior

- No UN Ambassador

- No White House Chief of Staff

- No clue
    If you would like something more involved, the NYTimes has a running tally of current, acting, resigned and fired staff. Spoiler alert: the word "resigned" appears 47 times on that page. They also point out that

A New York Times analysis of 21 top White House and cabinet positions back to President Bill Clinton’s first term shows how unusual the Trump administration’s upheaval was through the first 14 months of a presidency. Nine of these positions had turned over at least once during the Trump administration, compared with three at the same point of the Clinton administration, two under President Barack Obama and one under President George W. Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    an environmental tax on companies that refuse to fix their problems can scale based on their problems/amount they pollute.
    They can either pay a tax, or continue to see ramped up taxes.
    Eventually they will have to fix the problems or they will be priced out of the market.

that tax can be structured so it will be spent on environmental "fixes/solutions/cleanup" that will somewhat or completely offset whatever they are doing to the environment.

If the company tries to cut corners and pollute even more because its cheaper they would see an even farther ramping of the environmental taxes.
    And how do you monitor that pollution?

You think the Chinese government would voluntarily let US regulators monitor and audit their businesses and impose penalties that harm their own interests (via taxing the US/multinational companies contracting to them into oblivion)?

What possible reason would they have to cooperate with the US in anyway whatsoever in that regard? They would essentially be ceding some of their own sovereignty to, from their perspective, a hostile foreign power... And they would stand to gain nothing from such a 'deal', the results of it could literally only prove detrimental to them.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    And they would stand to gain nothing from such a 'deal', the results of it could literally only prove detrimental to them.
    Air pollution is the leading cause of death in Beijing. Cleaning that up yields objectively beneficial results for China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Air pollution is the leading cause of death in Beijing. Cleaning that up yields objectively beneficial results for China.
    And if they truly cared, they would crack down on corruption and clean it up themselves. So a system whereby the US audits and punishes bad actors would be unnecessary in that regard...

And if they truly cared, they would crack down on corruption and clean it up themselves. So a system whereby the US audits and punishes bad actors would be unnecessary in that regard...
    We're getting pretty far off topic. Suffice it to say, the situation is considerably more complicated than "destroying our economy via overuse of tariffs might tangentially make China pollute less so environmentalists should like them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well from what I understand, China has been making efforts to curb their emissions. I think the big issue here is that pollution isn't simply a problem that only affects the nation that does it. It's a global problem and affects everyone, so I think it's important for nations to work together in order to find the best way to reduce emissions and pollution collectively. I don't know if tariffs are necessarily the right or best step, but I would like to see more incentives offered for businesses who take steps to reduce their own footprint. I think the free exchange of ideas and collaboration on technology will do more to help than anything else. Ultimately, this is everyone's home.

Trump sent Pelosi a letter yesterday saying he didn't plan to work with Democrats on infrastructure until the House ratifies the new NAFTA. Now he's saying he won't work with Democrats on infrastructure until they stop investigating him. So: infrastructure week isn't going great.
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/11...562882048?s=19

Well people, infrastructure week is over.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Mob boss 101-That's a nice country you got there,be a shame if something were to happen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

The amount of memes that is going to come from that sign on front of the podium is going to be glorious

Last edited by akris15; 2019-05-22 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    The amount of memes that is going to come from that sign on front of the podium is going to be glorious

What a sad, sad, pathetic little man. He's truly the trailer trash reality TV president that half this country deserves.

I'm all for letting the south (and midwest if they want) to secede if they're still interested. They can run with the Trump Dynasty - Trump through 2024, Ivanka for 2024-2032, Donnie Jr for 2032-2040, Eric for 2040-2048, and by then the young lad Baron will be old enough to govern from 2048-2056. That is if they don't just end term limits because those are standing in the way of the greatness of the Trumps.

What a giant baby.

Trump Walks Out on Pelosi and Schumer After 3 Minutes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA fucking child.

“I walked into the room and I told Senator Schumer, Speaker Pelosi: ‘I want to do infrastructure. I want to do it more than you want to do it. I’d be really good at that, that’s what I do. But you know what? You can’t do it under these circumstances. So get these phony investigations over with,’”
    Seriously, what adult says shit like this?
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2019-05-22 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just so glad that the president and ex president of my country has got some competition.... I feel for you people, but I have to admit it makes for some great reading =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Mob boss 101-That's a nice country you got there,be a shame if something were to happen to it.
    No doubt. When you hang with criminals, you pick up their mannerisms. Extortion is well used by the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What a sad, sad, pathetic little man. He's truly the trailer trash reality TV president that half this country deserves.

I'm all for letting the south (and midwest if they want) to secede if they're still interested. They can run with the Trump Dynasty - Trump through 2024, Ivanka for 2024-2032, Donnie Jr for 2032-2040, Eric for 2040-2048, and by then the young lad Baron will be old enough to govern from 2048-2056. That is if they don't just end term limits because those are standing in the way of the greatness of the Trumps.
    Interesting thought experiment:

In 2020 let states who want Trump as leader go off and let Trump lead/rule the. Then rest actually choose a rational candidate.

Now must admit after 4 years those Trump states no matter how much they suffered would likely not come back, but would love to see the difference l.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

“I walked into the room and I told Senator Schumer, Speaker Pelosi: ‘I want to do infrastructure. I want to do it more than you want to do it. I’d be really good at that, that’s what I do. But you know what? You can’t do it under these circumstances. So get these phony investigations over with,’”
    I got a tip that would help him with this.

Fighting every single subpoena with zero legal grounds to do so isn't going to get the investigations over with quicker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I got a tip that would help him with this.

Fighting every single subpoena with zero legal grounds to do so isn't going to get the investigations over with quicker.
    I’m sure he’s very familiar with the saying “Just relax, it’ll be over sooner if you don’t fight it”

If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest. He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017. He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?" Talk about infuriating. And now they want to do it all over again. Requesting testimony from all the same people, all the way back to Hope Hicks. Cory Lewendowski and God knows who else is probably on the long list of people Congressional Democrats want to trot out before their committees.

I'm sure this puts the crosshairs on me, that I'm a terrible person for speaking for Trump, but all I'm saying is, if I was Trump, I'd be livid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    If I was Trump I'd be pissed off too, I gotta be honest. He's had his entire first two years hamstrung by a BS allegation that others, including myself, were warning was a wash way back in 2017. He wasn't able to work out deals with foreign leaders, trade deals etc., because they would ask him, "Will you be around to see the deal through?" Talk about infuriating. And now they want to do it all over again. Requesting testimony from all the same people, all the way back to Hope Hicks. Cory Lewendowski and God knows who else is probably on the long list of people Congressional Democrats want to trot out before their committees.

I'm sure this puts the crosshairs on me, that I'm a terrible person for speaking for Trump, but all I'm saying is, if I was Trump, I'd be livid.
    Oh sorry, I can't hear your bullshit over 8 years of Republicans doing everything to block Obama on every front.

No one gives a shit about your, or Trump's, feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

Oh bullshit, Trump had control of both the house and senate. This bullshit excuse about him being hamstrung is laughable. He couldn't competently forment policy because he was a fucking idiot. His healthcare bullshit was hilarious inept. His budgets went no where. And he got punished during the mid terms for his tax policy which fucked over states like California NY and other areas and his Tea Party supporters couldn't make up the numbers that resulted in them losing a historic amount of house seats. Now that he doesn't have control and the ability to shut down investigations he is using that as an excuse? Give me a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I continue not to be surprised by Trump putting himself ahead of the very country he swore to protect or the Democratic leadership to hold him properly accountable.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/3744090002/

The leadership at the DNC needs to run out of office and it can't happen soon enough.
    That would require Pelosi actually being competent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post

Thought the Mueller investigation ran a profit?