Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I expect New York and Illinois to start having appearances of Omicron as well very soon. The three states with the three largest international airports are going to be a hot bed for Omicron...and I'm certain that Right Wing Media is going to go full-blown tinfoil hat and blame vaccines and masks being worthless when it does happen.
    Yep, just in time for all family and friends to get together. The good news is I expect mortality to be way down compared to last Winter; the bad news is we're still at a "starting" position of over 1k daily average.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I noticed you and everyone else skipped and ignored the probation sentence for Thomas Alexander Starks.
    Love your whataboutism - that and all your other lies just keep us laughing. Thanks for the chucks.

Who is this guy and why should any of us care?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's heeeerreee...

First US omicron case detected in California

It's California, the most populous state in the US, so it's bound to drive their numbers up but mostly in the Trumper counties that have ignored all safety precautions thus far anyway. Just hope nobody has any important hospital appointments coming up soon because the preliminary findings on Omicron suggest those beds will be full.
    First confirmed US case of Omicron coronavirus variant detected in California

The important parts.

In a White House news briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said the case was in an individual who traveled from South Africa on November 22 and tested positive for Covid-19 on November 29.

That individual, Fauci said, is self-quarantining and close contacts have tested negative for the coronavirus so far.

The person was fully vaccinated and is experiencing "mild symptoms, which are improving at this point," Fauci said.
    Since the sequencing was done by UCSF, I suspect the case occurred in the Bay Area.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Love your whataboutism - that and all your other lies just keep us laughing. Thanks for the chucks.

Guy who busted a couple windows and an intercom of a GOP rep with an axe. As @Edge- said, nobody anyone's been defending, so just another lame attempt at a gotcha by a resident troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed you and everyone else skipped and ignored the probation sentence for Thomas Alexander Starks.
    Are you expecting anyone here to defend the guy, solely because of what you envision as some partisan allegiance?

You're projecting. He deserves the sentence and didn't contest the charges. It wasn't a part of any greater pattern, however, unlike the situation you're desperately trying to deflect from.

Nobody's discussing Starks because there's little to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/01/ghis...user-says.html

So, no impropriety on Trumps part in this meeting. But weird that Trump was hosting Epstein and the children he was sexually exploiting at his club.
    That's not what that quote means, unless there's additional context. It said she didn't characterize the meeting, which means she didn't address if he acted improperly or not, just that the meeting took place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Because whataboutism is lame.

EDIT - all you are really doing is just agreeing with us that political terrorists are getting off way too light. That doesn't change that a vast majority of them are right wing.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I notice no one is sticking up for him like you guys when licking the boots of your masters.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I notice no one is sticking up for him like you guys when licking the boots of your masters.
    It happens every time. They expect the same kind of mindless, tribal, partisan behavior out of liberals that they engage in themselves, and seem perplexed when almost every time they try this the collective response is, "We agree, fuck that loser and prosecute their ass."

It happens every time. They expect the same kind of mindless, tribal, partisan behavior out of liberals that they engage in themselves, and seem perplexed when almost every time they try this the collective response is, "We agree, fuck that loser and prosecute their ass."
    It is oddly fitting for a Republican to be questioning a lack of mindless, tribal, partisan behavior from the left in a thread about Trump. Probably couldn't get any more on topic than that.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

It's like the non stop banter about white supremecy in the Rittenhouse trial that you guys bloviate about, but none of you talk about the black man who drove and swerved to hit as many white people as he could. You can call it whataboutism, it's straight hypocrisy, something you guys know all too well. The media is doing their part, you know nothing about him. How can you claim something is whataboutism if you know nothing about it? Nice standard retort to something the media is covering up.

It's like CNN finally admitting that coumo was helping one of the worst governors avoid sexual harassment allegations. But I am sure you know nothing about that either.

Because this is the Trump discussion where all you guys talk about is covid(there is a thread for it) and white supremacy...because everything is about race, unless you steamroll an SUV through a crowd at a parade. Then the media says a car did it, or an suv did it. Not a black man swerving to hit more white people. And somehow you guys lead it all back to a man who hasn't been in politics for almost a year. The man living rent free in your heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most of the people are like cubby, int he dark because the media is hiding this news. Thanks for the slave analogy of me having a master. If i was someone like endus , I would report you 10 times to make sure you got banned. The people on this forum like to silence because they hate to use credible arguments...like the one you are making. No proof just antagonizing attacks on me. bravo.

It's like the non stop banter about white supremecy in the Rittenhouse trial that you guys bloviate about, but none of you talk about the black man who drove and swerved to hit as many white people as he could.
    Are we still trying to politicize this? Nobody is defending that guy either, you're really bad at whataboutism.

You can call it whataboutism, it's straight hypocrisy, something you guys know all too well.
    Because it's not just whataboutism, it's fictional whataboutism. At least your previous instance of whataboutism was about something that actually happened.

It's like CNN finally admitting that coumo was helping one of the worst governors avoid sexual harassment allegations. But I am sure you know nothing about that either.
    Many of us posted about this already in other threads where it's more relevant. CNN didn't know until the AG released the documents, and instantly took action once they learned that Cuomo lied to them. Nobody here really likes CNN, but we can all agree that CNN did the right thing.

Because this is the Trump discussion where all you guys talk about is covid(there is a thread for it)
    We talk about the lasting failures of the Trump administration.

and white supremacy
    "Stand back, and stand by."

...because everything is about race, unless you steamroll an SUV through a crowd at a parade.
    Has there been evidence that it was a racially motivated attack or anything other than a guy with a long criminal history fleeing the police and having a tragic accident?

Then the media says a car did it, or an suv did it. Not a black man swerving to hit more white people.
    You got some sauce on his intent? I admit I haven't followed the case super closely, but I haven't seen anything.

And somehow you guys lead it all back to a man who hasn't been in politics for almost a year. The man living rent free in your heads.
    Almost like because he's still the political leader of the Republican party and the part is almost universally still bending the knee and kissing the ring.

The denizens here attack Rittenhouse over and over with unproven allegations and yet are silent on a blm activist who ran an suv through a parade and killed children. He swerved to hit more people, to hurt as many as possible while avoiding hitting cars. You guys are saying nothing about the collective silence. Not tribalism, just not going to negatively speak against someone because they aren't your enemy party.

The denizens here attack Rittenhouse over and over with unproven allegations and yet are silent on a blm activist
    Citation needed that he is a "BLM activist", otherwise this is just you repeating racist slander.

I'll wait on you to share sauce on his motivations, I haven't seen it yet but as I said already, I haven't been following super closely.

Not tribalism, just not going to negatively speak against someone because they aren't your enemy party.
    No, it's your tribalism. You keep trying to dunk on this forum with, "OH BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS BAD GUY?! I BET YOU ALL LOVE HIM!" and almost every time the response is, "No, fuck that loser." or, "You're grossly and dishonestly framing the situation."

The denizens here attack Rittenhouse over and over with unproven allegations and yet are silent on a blm activist who ran an suv through a parade and killed children. He swerved to hit more people, to hurt as many as possible while avoiding hitting cars. You guys are saying nothing about the collective silence. Not tribalism, just not going to negatively speak against someone because they aren't your enemy party.
    Nope, I can condemn that dude, and also condemn Rittenhouse for being a shitty white supremacist.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like the non stop banter about white supremecy in the Rittenhouse trial that you guys bloviate about, but none of you talk about the black man who drove and swerved to hit as many white people as he could.
    So, whataboutism.

Nobody's defending Darrel Brooks, either. Not sure why you think anyone is.

You can call it whataboutism, it's straight hypocrisy, something you guys know all too well.
    If anyone was defending Brooks and calling his driving through a parade "self-defense", you might have a point about hypocrisy.

Nobody is, though, so you're just lying.

The media is doing their part, you know nothing about him. How can you claim something is whataboutism if you know nothing about it? Nice standard retort to something the media is covering up.
    Nobody's covering it up. I literally just Googled it to make sure I got the guy's name right, first link was CNN.

There's just no debate, because everyone agrees it was a monstrous attack and Brooks was acting out of malice.

Again, pretty much everyone on the left were right there on the "fuck Cuomo" train.

You're mistaking "needing a reason" with "mindlessly hating the guy just for being part of the other side's party".

Because this is the Trump discussion where all you guys talk about is covid(there is a thread for it) and white supremacy...because everything is about race, unless you steamroll an SUV through a crowd at a parade.
    Every indication is that Brooks was a career criminal who'd just been involved in another domestic disturbance and who was approached by police (to redirect him away from the parade) when he reacted badly. There's no racial component there, you just want to introduce one, out of nowhere.

Then the media says a car did it, or an suv did it. Not a black man swerving to hit more white people.
    What source are you reading that says it was an AI-controlled vehicle that was responsible? Cite your sources, because pulling shit right out of your own ass and demanding we take a big sniff is not an argument.

Your entire post is just making shit. Literally nothing you said here was true. You're just angry that your political opponents form opinions based on facts and evidence, rather than kneejerk emotional responses based on racism and political affiliation alone.

It's like the non stop banter about white supremecy in the Rittenhouse trial that you guys bloviate about, but none of you talk about the black man who drove and swerved to hit as many white people as he could. You can call it whataboutism, it's straight hypocrisy, something you guys know all too well. The media is doing their part, you know nothing about him. How can you claim something is whataboutism if you know nothing about it? Nice standard retort to something the media is covering up.

Because this is the Trump discussion where all you guys talk about is covid(there is a thread for it) and white supremacy...because everything is about race, unless you steamroll an SUV through a crowd at a parade. Then the media says a car did it, or an suv did it. Not a black man swerving to hit more white people. And somehow you guys lead it all back to a man who hasn't been in politics for almost a year. The man living rent free in your heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the people are like cubby, int he dark because the media is hiding this news. Thanks for the slave analogy of me having a master. If i was someone like endus , I would report you 10 times to make sure you got banned. The people on this forum like to silence because they hate to use credible arguments...like the one you are making. No proof just antagonizing attacks on me. bravo.
    You mean like all the Trump sycophants who continue to shill for him, despite the sexual assaults?

Well, this must be pretty awkward for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The denizens here attack Rittenhouse over and over with unproven allegations and yet are silent on a blm activist
    Brooks wasn't a "BLM activist".

You're lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Brooks wasn't a "BLM activist".

You're lying.
    Apparently, according to racists, every Black person that does anything bad is a "BLM activist".

10+ Year Old Account
    If i was someone like endus , I would report you 10 times to make sure you got banned.
    What was it you said literally right before posting this, about people "living rent free in your heads"?

Lul.